• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Week 4 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Canada's Supreme Court Legalizes Cannabis Edibles

    SteelCash
    searchwarrant
    Raiders22
    BWS77
    bunny651
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1414
    Posts: 19
     
    SteelCash
    SteelCash
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 5605
    Posted: Jun. 13, 2015 - 4:15 PM ET #1

    https://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/canada-supreme-court-oks-edible-medical-marijuana

    The wall is crumbling quickly.

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    https://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/canada-supreme-court-oks-edible-medical-marijuana

    The wall is crumbling quickly.

     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Jun. 13, 2015 - 4:21 PM ET #2

    Read an article about increased spikes in ER visits from pot edibles. People just don't know how much THC they're consuming.
    Reply
    Read an article about increased spikes in ER visits from pot edibles. People just don't know how much THC they're consuming.
     
    SteelCash
    SteelCash
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 5605
    Posted: Jun. 13, 2015 - 4:32 PM ET #3

    Yes... this is true.  

    One good thing is that even though they think they are in danger, they never really are.  They always go home from the hospital.  

    2.5 million people a year worldwide die from alcohol.  They go to the hospital, then straight to the morgue.

    People just need to use caution with edibles... just like they do with alcohol or anything else.



    Reply
    Yes... this is true.  

    One good thing is that even though they think they are in danger, they never really are.  They always go home from the hospital.  

    2.5 million people a year worldwide die from alcohol.  They go to the hospital, then straight to the morgue.

    People just need to use caution with edibles... just like they do with alcohol or anything else.



     
    SteelCash
    SteelCash
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 5605
    Posted: Jun. 13, 2015 - 4:49 PM ET #4

    And you know as well as I do Search that when that happens (about .0001% of the time they are consumed), the media will take it and make sure everyone hears about it.

    There's a ton of propaganda and lies out there.  It's unfortunate that the public is force fed the stuff, and the masses don't have the time to sift through it.  It really is an overstated problem.  This weekend, we'll see about 1,000 people in the U.S. die directly due to alcohol use, and zero from using the Herb.

    Reply
    And you know as well as I do Search that when that happens (about .0001% of the time they are consumed), the media will take it and make sure everyone hears about it.

    There's a ton of propaganda and lies out there.  It's unfortunate that the public is force fed the stuff, and the masses don't have the time to sift through it.  It really is an overstated problem.  This weekend, we'll see about 1,000 people in the U.S. die directly due to alcohol use, and zero from using the Herb.

     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Jun. 13, 2015 - 6:12 PM ET #5

    exactly. Nobody dies, they just have outer body experiences an walk out of the ER embarrassed.
    Reply
    exactly. Nobody dies, they just have outer body experiences an walk out of the ER embarrassed.
     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34273
    Posted: Jun. 13, 2015 - 6:58 PM ET #6

    Media is on opposite side from what I can tell.  They seem very pro-marijuana.  
    So, because alcohol can be abused more and/could be more dangerous --- you use this for a reason to support something else also being legal because it is less dangerous than the other. Seems like opposite could/should be equally applied using that logic. 
    Obviously MJ can be addictive, maybe more psychologically than physically.  For some people it has also been a gateway drug. And in some studies they have proven it to have long term side effects. 
    Not even sure I am against it. Just pointing out, as we have discussed before, both sides have decent points. 
    Freedom points aside, it always amazes me the number of people that feel obligated to get high or drunk just to take the edge off or relax. Life itself is not enough for these folks.  But even they are antsy about people being able to use stronger stuff or even cigarettes that have been proven to have ill-effects on a person. 
    Reply
    Media is on opposite side from what I can tell.  They seem very pro-marijuana.  
    So, because alcohol can be abused more and/could be more dangerous --- you use this for a reason to support something else also being legal because it is less dangerous than the other. Seems like opposite could/should be equally applied using that logic. 
    Obviously MJ can be addictive, maybe more psychologically than physically.  For some people it has also been a gateway drug. And in some studies they have proven it to have long term side effects. 
    Not even sure I am against it. Just pointing out, as we have discussed before, both sides have decent points. 
    Freedom points aside, it always amazes me the number of people that feel obligated to get high or drunk just to take the edge off or relax. Life itself is not enough for these folks.  But even they are antsy about people being able to use stronger stuff or even cigarettes that have been proven to have ill-effects on a person. 
     
    BWS77
    BWS77
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 35351
    Posted: Jun. 13, 2015 - 8:09 PM ET #7

    Mmmm pot pancakes with maple syrup   
    Reply
    Mmmm pot pancakes with maple syrup   
     
    SteelCash
    SteelCash
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 5605
    Posted: Jun. 13, 2015 - 8:11 PM ET #8

    Actually, alcohol has nothing to do with why I feel legalization is the answer.  I just like to point out the hypocrisy... none of it makes any sense.

    For some it's a gateway, but for most it's not.  The gateway theory is actually nothing more than a myth.  There is nothing in pot that makes people want heroin or cocaine.  Truth be told, most hard drug users tried alcohol and/or tobacco before going on to the hard drugs.

    I think we drink or do other drugs simply because it's fun.  People enjoy it.  I don't think we feel "obligated".  I smoke for many reasons.  I used to drink to simply have a good time.  Now I don't.  I smoke to feel good.  I smoke to feel better (I have cancer).  I smoke because I know it's safe.  I smoke because many studies have shown it can help prevent disease.  I smoke because it relieves stress.  I smoke because it makes me happy.

    As for long term side effects, there aren't any.  Some will argue that, but I've done enough research.  There aren't any.

      
    Reply
    Actually, alcohol has nothing to do with why I feel legalization is the answer.  I just like to point out the hypocrisy... none of it makes any sense.

    For some it's a gateway, but for most it's not.  The gateway theory is actually nothing more than a myth.  There is nothing in pot that makes people want heroin or cocaine.  Truth be told, most hard drug users tried alcohol and/or tobacco before going on to the hard drugs.

    I think we drink or do other drugs simply because it's fun.  People enjoy it.  I don't think we feel "obligated".  I smoke for many reasons.  I used to drink to simply have a good time.  Now I don't.  I smoke to feel good.  I smoke to feel better (I have cancer).  I smoke because I know it's safe.  I smoke because many studies have shown it can help prevent disease.  I smoke because it relieves stress.  I smoke because it makes me happy.

    As for long term side effects, there aren't any.  Some will argue that, but I've done enough research.  There aren't any.

      
     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34273
    Posted: Jun. 13, 2015 - 11:26 PM ET #9

    https://www.personalhealthzone.com/marijuanasideeffects.html

    Yes. Medical use aside. As I have said before there have been studies showing there are short and long term effects.  Some folks do become dependent.  I have known people to lose great jobs because they could not quit smoking. Sure it always seems people are hypocritical when they drink and don't want you to smoke. What about the people that don't do either and point out the bad effects of either.  Sure drink, cigs, MJ, all can be gateway for some.  Never claim MJ had bad effects on ALL folks or alcohol or cigs etc.  
    for example some people always say their grandad drank and smoked everyday until he dies at 90---never had a problem.  The point is you don't know how it might affect YOU. You could be in one of the affected categories. 
    Sure. I understand it makes you 'feel good'. Just as alcohol, cigs relieve stress, light pain pills help.  All of that stuff.  My point is why do folks have to do those sorts of things at all to relieve stress it 'feel good'. 
    I think to a large extent both sides simply interpret studies and choose to see it the way that supports their opinion. 
    But there are various studies I'm sure you have seen. For example. Why would they think a pregnant woman shouldn't use a 'plant'. Or why would folks think smoking might not have effects on lungs later.  Etc etc. I am just saying I don't think this should be dismissed out of hand. 
    Reply
    https://www.personalhealthzone.com/marijuanasideeffects.html

    Yes. Medical use aside. As I have said before there have been studies showing there are short and long term effects.  Some folks do become dependent.  I have known people to lose great jobs because they could not quit smoking. Sure it always seems people are hypocritical when they drink and don't want you to smoke. What about the people that don't do either and point out the bad effects of either.  Sure drink, cigs, MJ, all can be gateway for some.  Never claim MJ had bad effects on ALL folks or alcohol or cigs etc.  
    for example some people always say their grandad drank and smoked everyday until he dies at 90---never had a problem.  The point is you don't know how it might affect YOU. You could be in one of the affected categories. 
    Sure. I understand it makes you 'feel good'. Just as alcohol, cigs relieve stress, light pain pills help.  All of that stuff.  My point is why do folks have to do those sorts of things at all to relieve stress it 'feel good'. 
    I think to a large extent both sides simply interpret studies and choose to see it the way that supports their opinion. 
    But there are various studies I'm sure you have seen. For example. Why would they think a pregnant woman shouldn't use a 'plant'. Or why would folks think smoking might not have effects on lungs later.  Etc etc. I am just saying I don't think this should be dismissed out of hand. 
     
    bunny651
    bunny651
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2009
    Posts: 6709
    Posted: Jun. 14, 2015 - 1:13 AM ET #10

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCash:

    Actually, alcohol has nothing to do with why I feel legalization is the answer.  I just like to point out the hypocrisy... none of it makes any sense.

    For some it's a gateway, but for most it's not.  The gateway theory is actually nothing more than a myth.  There is nothing in pot that makes people want heroin or cocaine.  Truth be told, most hard drug users tried alcohol and/or tobacco before going on to the hard drugs.

    I think we drink or do other drugs simply because it's fun.  People enjoy it.  I don't think we feel "obligated".  I smoke for many reasons.  I used to drink to simply have a good time.  Now I don't.  I smoke to feel good.  I smoke to feel better (I have cancer).  I smoke because I know it's safe.  I smoke because many studies have shown it can help prevent disease.  I smoke because it relieves stress.  I smoke because it makes me happy.

    As for long term side effects, there aren't any.  Some will argue that, but I've done enough research.  There aren't any.

      

    Not to mention we spend a huge amount of time and money for arrest, prosecution, jailing that we could have spent it on hardcore criminals.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCash:

    Actually, alcohol has nothing to do with why I feel legalization is the answer.  I just like to point out the hypocrisy... none of it makes any sense.

    For some it's a gateway, but for most it's not.  The gateway theory is actually nothing more than a myth.  There is nothing in pot that makes people want heroin or cocaine.  Truth be told, most hard drug users tried alcohol and/or tobacco before going on to the hard drugs.

    I think we drink or do other drugs simply because it's fun.  People enjoy it.  I don't think we feel "obligated".  I smoke for many reasons.  I used to drink to simply have a good time.  Now I don't.  I smoke to feel good.  I smoke to feel better (I have cancer).  I smoke because I know it's safe.  I smoke because many studies have shown it can help prevent disease.  I smoke because it relieves stress.  I smoke because it makes me happy.

    As for long term side effects, there aren't any.  Some will argue that, but I've done enough research.  There aren't any.

      

    Not to mention we spend a huge amount of time and money for arrest, prosecution, jailing that we could have spent it on hardcore criminals.

     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34273
    Posted: Jun. 14, 2015 - 1:22 AM ET #11

    Yep. That's true as well. 
    Reply
    Yep. That's true as well. 
     
    SteelCash
    SteelCash
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 5605
    Posted: Jun. 14, 2015 - 2:10 AM ET #12

    But about Canada... this ruling is huge.  So many people out there with sickness and disease, and now all they have to do is drink a tea or have a piece of chocolate in lieu of popping poisonous pharma pills by the dozens.  It won't be long before this nation's face of medicine has a completely different look.  

    A large majority I believe have no idea what this plant can do... the miracles it can perform.  They'll find out, and then they'll realize how many life years could have been saved by this medicine.  Billions of years over the past 7-8 decades.


    Reply
    But about Canada... this ruling is huge.  So many people out there with sickness and disease, and now all they have to do is drink a tea or have a piece of chocolate in lieu of popping poisonous pharma pills by the dozens.  It won't be long before this nation's face of medicine has a completely different look.  

    A large majority I believe have no idea what this plant can do... the miracles it can perform.  They'll find out, and then they'll realize how many life years could have been saved by this medicine.  Billions of years over the past 7-8 decades.


     
    SteelCash
    SteelCash
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 5605
    Posted: Jun. 14, 2015 - 2:48 AM ET #13

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders22:

    https://www.personalhealthzone.com/marijuanasideeffects.html

    Yes. Medical use aside. As I have said before there have been studies showing there are short and long term effects.  Some folks do become dependent.  I have known people to lose great jobs because they could not quit smoking. Sure it always seems people are hypocritical when they drink and don't want you to smoke. What about the people that don't do either and point out the bad effects of either.  Sure drink, cigs, MJ, all can be gateway for some.  Never claim MJ had bad effects on ALL folks or alcohol or cigs etc.  
    for example some people always say their grandad drank and smoked everyday until he dies at 90---never had a problem.  The point is you don't know how it might affect YOU. You could be in one of the affected categories. 
    Sure. I understand it makes you 'feel good'. Just as alcohol, cigs relieve stress, light pain pills help.  All of that stuff.  My point is why do folks have to do those sorts of things at all to relieve stress it 'feel good'. 
    I think to a large extent both sides simply interpret studies and choose to see it the way that supports their opinion. 
    But there are various studies I'm sure you have seen. For example. Why would they think a pregnant woman shouldn't use a 'plant'. Or why would folks think smoking might not have effects on lungs later.  Etc etc. I am just saying I don't think this should be dismissed out of hand. 

    That's not a problem of addiction necessarily, it's a problem of drug policy.  When people lose their jobs because they get randomly tested and fail, it's because this nation is infatuated with drug testing and monitoring people like they're little children.  99% of the smokers out there smoke 1-3 times a week and function just fine.  That is until they walk into work and someone hands them a cup.  That said, you are correct.  A small percentage do get psychologically addicted.

    The hypocrisy I was speaking of is the legality of alcohol and the illegality of a safer substance.  I don't care what people put in their bodies, and I don't care if they think I'm harming mine.  

    Some people do drink and smoke a lot and live to be 90.  That is correct.  But most don't.  And most of them suffer horribly as a result during their final years.  But ask a pot smoker of 40+ years if he's had any ill effects from it.  There are many out there that do not drink or use tobacco, and they are just fine.  

    The plant's cannabinoids do not cause disease.  A Cannabis user that doesn't drink or smoke cigs will usually live a long healthy life all things being equal i.e. diet and exercise.  There really are no negative long term or short term health effects as far as I can tell, and I've researched this heavily.  I've been reading about this plant nearly every day for four years now.

    I've seen studies that claim the risk of this or that, but they always use words like "possible" or "may increase risk".  Yet people have been smoking this for centuries, and the bodies aren't piling up.  

    I'll change my mind when I hear of a person that died from using too much, or contracted a deadly disease from the use.  It has never happened to my knowledge.  

      
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders22:

    https://www.personalhealthzone.com/marijuanasideeffects.html

    Yes. Medical use aside. As I have said before there have been studies showing there are short and long term effects.  Some folks do become dependent.  I have known people to lose great jobs because they could not quit smoking. Sure it always seems people are hypocritical when they drink and don't want you to smoke. What about the people that don't do either and point out the bad effects of either.  Sure drink, cigs, MJ, all can be gateway for some.  Never claim MJ had bad effects on ALL folks or alcohol or cigs etc.  
    for example some people always say their grandad drank and smoked everyday until he dies at 90---never had a problem.  The point is you don't know how it might affect YOU. You could be in one of the affected categories. 
    Sure. I understand it makes you 'feel good'. Just as alcohol, cigs relieve stress, light pain pills help.  All of that stuff.  My point is why do folks have to do those sorts of things at all to relieve stress it 'feel good'. 
    I think to a large extent both sides simply interpret studies and choose to see it the way that supports their opinion. 
    But there are various studies I'm sure you have seen. For example. Why would they think a pregnant woman shouldn't use a 'plant'. Or why would folks think smoking might not have effects on lungs later.  Etc etc. I am just saying I don't think this should be dismissed out of hand. 

    That's not a problem of addiction necessarily, it's a problem of drug policy.  When people lose their jobs because they get randomly tested and fail, it's because this nation is infatuated with drug testing and monitoring people like they're little children.  99% of the smokers out there smoke 1-3 times a week and function just fine.  That is until they walk into work and someone hands them a cup.  That said, you are correct.  A small percentage do get psychologically addicted.

    The hypocrisy I was speaking of is the legality of alcohol and the illegality of a safer substance.  I don't care what people put in their bodies, and I don't care if they think I'm harming mine.  

    Some people do drink and smoke a lot and live to be 90.  That is correct.  But most don't.  And most of them suffer horribly as a result during their final years.  But ask a pot smoker of 40+ years if he's had any ill effects from it.  There are many out there that do not drink or use tobacco, and they are just fine.  

    The plant's cannabinoids do not cause disease.  A Cannabis user that doesn't drink or smoke cigs will usually live a long healthy life all things being equal i.e. diet and exercise.  There really are no negative long term or short term health effects as far as I can tell, and I've researched this heavily.  I've been reading about this plant nearly every day for four years now.

    I've seen studies that claim the risk of this or that, but they always use words like "possible" or "may increase risk".  Yet people have been smoking this for centuries, and the bodies aren't piling up.  

    I'll change my mind when I hear of a person that died from using too much, or contracted a deadly disease from the use.  It has never happened to my knowledge.  

      
     
    SteelCash
    SteelCash
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 5605
    Posted: Jun. 14, 2015 - 3:01 AM ET #14

    As for pregnant women... children are healthier if the mother smokes weed during pregnancy.

    https://thejointblog.com/reminder-mothers-marijuana-use-appears-to-drastically-reduce-infant-mortality/

    Jamaica did the largest study of its kind on this very subject and found that Cannabis use during pregnancy has no ill effects.  In fact, the children whose mothers smoked Cannabis excelled in certain areas better than the children whose mothers had not smoked Cannabis during pregnancy.

    It's actually common knowledge among experts that Cannabis use poses no threat to the unborn infant.  Pregnant women have been smoking weed for decades with no resulting birth defects.

    Reply
    As for pregnant women... children are healthier if the mother smokes weed during pregnancy.

    https://thejointblog.com/reminder-mothers-marijuana-use-appears-to-drastically-reduce-infant-mortality/

    Jamaica did the largest study of its kind on this very subject and found that Cannabis use during pregnancy has no ill effects.  In fact, the children whose mothers smoked Cannabis excelled in certain areas better than the children whose mothers had not smoked Cannabis during pregnancy.

    It's actually common knowledge among experts that Cannabis use poses no threat to the unborn infant.  Pregnant women have been smoking weed for decades with no resulting birth defects.

     
    SteelCash
    SteelCash
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 5605
    Posted: Jun. 14, 2015 - 3:04 AM ET #15

    We won't agree on everything, but it's been a good discussion.

    Reply
    We won't agree on everything, but it's been a good discussion.

     
    thirdperson
    thirdperson
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2005
    Posts: 9436
    Posted: Jun. 14, 2015 - 1:35 PM ET #16

    This Court victory is limited to medical patients.  In Canada, marijuana is only legal when authorized by doctor and comes from licensed suppliers.   For patients in chronic pain, ingesting cannabis edibles may be better than smoking.  But labelling will be necessary to prevent overdoses. 
    Reply
    This Court victory is limited to medical patients.  In Canada, marijuana is only legal when authorized by doctor and comes from licensed suppliers.   For patients in chronic pain, ingesting cannabis edibles may be better than smoking.  But labelling will be necessary to prevent overdoses. 
     
    SteelCash
    SteelCash
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 5605
    Posted: Jun. 14, 2015 - 4:26 PM ET #17

    Correct.

    I'm not sure of the medical conditions that qualify.  Now I'm curious.

    Reply
    Correct.

    I'm not sure of the medical conditions that qualify.  Now I'm curious.

     
    Hawky
    Hawky
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2014
    Posts: 3439
    Posted: Jul. 6, 2015 - 7:48 PM ET #18

    just have a smily face and have it's eyes different shades of red
    Reply
    just have a smily face and have it's eyes different shades of red
     
     
    dl36
    dl36
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2003
    Posts: 27850
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2015 - 11:06 PM ET #19

    The fact that u cannot overdose resulting in death speaks to safety.

    People will insist on going beyond that simple fact to create an argument but when you are talking simple public safety there is simply no comparison.

    You can compare the long term and short term effects of addictive substances like alcohol, nicotine and others, but based public safety facts are facts
    Reply
    The fact that u cannot overdose resulting in death speaks to safety.

    People will insist on going beyond that simple fact to create an argument but when you are talking simple public safety there is simply no comparison.

    You can compare the long term and short term effects of addictive substances like alcohol, nicotine and others, but based public safety facts are facts
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 452,682
    • Tuesday 09/29/2026 637
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,213
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 6,362
    • PART DEUX 251
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 102,507
    • You asked for more winners- here you go 1,501
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 28,829
    • That’s the game! This will end 3-2 Phillies win. No more runs. Take In Game Live UNDER 5.5 runs (+261) and Phillies to win by EXACTLY 1 runs (+280) 620
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,653

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.