• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 3
      NFL Week 3
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Protecting Your Employees?

    12 Next Last»
    ad1260
    Mikael99
    BIGfnPOO
    Johnzimbo34
    thirdperson
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 3164
    Posts: 48
    12 Next Last»
     
    ad1260
    ad1260
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 8159
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2012 - 4:43 AM ET #1

    I may be just venting but I need to get this off my chest.

    I am a server a steakhouse, we have a husband/wife that comes in EVERY Saturday....they spend between 40-60 bucks a saturday every time. BUT they literally write in "0" for the tip each and every week. It has only happened to me once, but it has happened to our regular closer at least 5 times she says, (she has shown me the receipt twice).

    So, I went to my manager saying that we have identified these people down to a T and they NEVER TIP. EVER. NO MATTER WHAT. So, I went to my manager asking if we could refuse their business simply because they don't ever take of their server....and he says "thats the lay of the land when you sign up for the job" bullshit. BULLSHIT, all I am asking for is someone to step up with some balls and refuse them service....but because it is a "chain" steakhouse, he laughs and says don't worry. BULLSHIT. If these mother fuckers ever sit in my section again I am just not going to acknowledge them....that simple. I don't give a fuck if they cause a scene or whatever. But I kid you not, they have been there at least 10 times and never left a tip, spending a minima of 40 bucks each time they come in. I asked my manager if he could basically tell them that their business isn't wanted if they aren't gonna take care of their server....my manager basically laughed in my face saying "what do you think the answer to that is?" Well I don't give a fuck. I want to say, do you realize that "our livelihood literally depends on your tips?" All I am asking for is a manger/leader to the care of their people and to grow a pair and tell these assholes we refuse service to them....but no, they are too worried about the numbers that are coming in.

    My manager that said that has 2 kids under 7......lucky for me I live with my parents that are more than well off. But thats not the point. You aren't gonna be killing me if you fire me over something like that...but when I see happen to my coworkers that literally live and die by the job, I HAVE A PROBLE WITH IT. They can't afford to be getting stiffed every week.

    All I am asking for is my employer to step up to the plate and sacrifice a few bucks for the company and protect their employees....gahhhh so fucking frustrating . 
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    I may be just venting but I need to get this off my chest.

    I am a server a steakhouse, we have a husband/wife that comes in EVERY Saturday....they spend between 40-60 bucks a saturday every time. BUT they literally write in "0" for the tip each and every week. It has only happened to me once, but it has happened to our regular closer at least 5 times she says, (she has shown me the receipt twice).

    So, I went to my manager saying that we have identified these people down to a T and they NEVER TIP. EVER. NO MATTER WHAT. So, I went to my manager asking if we could refuse their business simply because they don't ever take of their server....and he says "thats the lay of the land when you sign up for the job" bullshit. BULLSHIT, all I am asking for is someone to step up with some balls and refuse them service....but because it is a "chain" steakhouse, he laughs and says don't worry. BULLSHIT. If these mother fuckers ever sit in my section again I am just not going to acknowledge them....that simple. I don't give a fuck if they cause a scene or whatever. But I kid you not, they have been there at least 10 times and never left a tip, spending a minima of 40 bucks each time they come in. I asked my manager if he could basically tell them that their business isn't wanted if they aren't gonna take care of their server....my manager basically laughed in my face saying "what do you think the answer to that is?" Well I don't give a fuck. I want to say, do you realize that "our livelihood literally depends on your tips?" All I am asking for is a manger/leader to the care of their people and to grow a pair and tell these assholes we refuse service to them....but no, they are too worried about the numbers that are coming in.

    My manager that said that has 2 kids under 7......lucky for me I live with my parents that are more than well off. But thats not the point. You aren't gonna be killing me if you fire me over something like that...but when I see happen to my coworkers that literally live and die by the job, I HAVE A PROBLE WITH IT. They can't afford to be getting stiffed every week.

    All I am asking for is my employer to step up to the plate and sacrifice a few bucks for the company and protect their employees....gahhhh so fucking frustrating . 
     
    ad1260
    ad1260
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 8159
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2012 - 4:47 AM ET #2

    sorry its a little choppy...ive been drinking but i am sure you get the point 
    Reply
    sorry its a little choppy...ive been drinking but i am sure you get the point 
     
    ad1260
    ad1260
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 8159
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2012 - 4:53 AM ET #3

    *dont take care of their server ever
    Reply
    *dont take care of their server ever
     
    ad1260
    ad1260
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 8159
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2012 - 5:10 AM ET #4

    My dad is a hard nosed guy, the kinda guy that stands up for what he believes in...and I don't think he would mind if i ended up quitting for something i didn't was believe was right, in fact, he'd probably just shake my hand
    Reply
    My dad is a hard nosed guy, the kinda guy that stands up for what he believes in...and I don't think he would mind if i ended up quitting for something i didn't was believe was right, in fact, he'd probably just shake my hand
     
    Mikael99
    Mikael99
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2004
    Posts: 28383
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2012 - 5:38 AM ET #5

    While i agree that people should tip, IT IS NOT YOUR RIGHT douchebag. You sound like a whiner to me, and if i was the manager i would have let you go. 

    Carry on....
    Reply
    While i agree that people should tip, IT IS NOT YOUR RIGHT douchebag. You sound like a whiner to me, and if i was the manager i would have let you go. 

    Carry on....
     
    BIGfnPOO
    BIGfnPOO
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2006
    Posts: 18880
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2012 - 5:53 AM ET #6

    wow, ive been in the publik service buisness all my life....you sound like you need a diff job. to let what 2 shmucks do affect yr life, i understand what yr saying but listen to me son,.....bless them forgive them and give them the same service as normal and no more.  you will have "arrived"closer as a MAN>good luck.
    HAPPY EASTER frmMANHATTANyc1369's   
    bigFnPOO
    Reply
    wow, ive been in the publik service buisness all my life....you sound like you need a diff job. to let what 2 shmucks do affect yr life, i understand what yr saying but listen to me son,.....bless them forgive them and give them the same service as normal and no more.  you will have "arrived"closer as a MAN>good luck.
    HAPPY EASTER frmMANHATTANyc1369's   
     
    BIGfnPOO
    BIGfnPOO
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2006
    Posts: 18880
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2012 - 5:55 AM ET #7

    the ads funny as shit   but skip it  and u c funnier
    bigFnPOO
    Reply
    the ads funny as shit   but skip it  and u c funnier
     
    Johnzimbo34
    Johnzimbo34
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 1299
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2012 - 6:03 AM ET #8

    Any chance the couple is Tiger Woods and one of his ho's? I hear he never tips.

    Reply

    Any chance the couple is Tiger Woods and one of his ho's? I hear he never tips.

     
    thirdperson
    thirdperson
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2005
    Posts: 9433
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2012 - 10:40 AM ET #9

    The couple seem to be good customers because they frequently go to your restaurant  .Tipping isn't compulsory but voluntary for customers.  Demanding tips is bad public relations.  Restaurants that make tipping compulsory usually receive more customer complaints.  If low income is a problem, obvious solution is to find a better job. 
    Reply
    The couple seem to be good customers because they frequently go to your restaurant  .Tipping isn't compulsory but voluntary for customers.  Demanding tips is bad public relations.  Restaurants that make tipping compulsory usually receive more customer complaints.  If low income is a problem, obvious solution is to find a better job. 
     
    Biscuiteater1
    Biscuiteater1
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2011
    Posts: 33082
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2012 - 11:03 AM ET #10

    You dont know their situation,let it go man.
    Reply
    You dont know their situation,let it go man.
     
    esplanade
    esplanade
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2008
    Posts: 9021
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2012 - 11:15 AM ET #11

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikael99:

    While i agree that people should tip, IT IS NOT YOUR RIGHT douchebag. You sound like a whiner to me, and if i was the manager i would have let you go. 

    Carry on....


    Says the guy who lives in the ultimate nanny state and needs the state to hand him his livelihood.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikael99:

    While i agree that people should tip, IT IS NOT YOUR RIGHT douchebag. You sound like a whiner to me, and if i was the manager i would have let you go. 

    Carry on....


    Says the guy who lives in the ultimate nanny state and needs the state to hand him his livelihood.
     
    hugh613
    hugh613
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 8269
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2012 - 11:17 AM ET #12

    Refusing service because someone fails to tip is a bit absurd. You can, however, offer them very poor service so that they consider taking their business elsewhere...
    Reply
    Refusing service because someone fails to tip is a bit absurd. You can, however, offer them very poor service so that they consider taking their business elsewhere...
     
    bigbill365
    bigbill365
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2011
    Posts: 1867
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2012 - 12:08 PM ET #13

    put a pube in there food and go laugh in the back
    Reply
    put a pube in there food and go laugh in the back
     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2012 - 12:14 PM ET #14

    fuck with em.... 

    i wouldn't complain to the manager.... 

    let the people that really need the money bitch for themselves, don't try to be a hero..... 


    Reply
    fuck with em.... 

    i wouldn't complain to the manager.... 

    let the people that really need the money bitch for themselves, don't try to be a hero..... 


     
    imaflirt
    imaflirt
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 61
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2012 - 1:46 PM ET #15

    actually its the costumers choice to give tip or not you just have to respect their decision... let it go and give a good service because your in public service... 
    Reply
    actually its the costumers choice to give tip or not you just have to respect their decision... let it go and give a good service because your in public service... 
     
    SwishSwish1234
    SwishSwish1234
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2011
    Posts: 3173
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2012 - 1:54 PM ET #16

    Boy oh boy, You would struggle being a waiter in England mate, Over here we dont believe in tipping UNLESS the waiter is truly a nice host and does not have the words 'Tip me please Tip me please' written all over his face which you seem to have. Remember this, You're a waiter, You get paid by the hour, That's your money, It was your fault you were smoking weed during maths class in school not the people who dont believe in tipping. So instead of constantly having the thought of tips floating through your mind, How about you actually concentrate on being a waiter or whatever you are and then maybe one day when you genuinely care about your customers someone might tip you a 20 or 50 instead of the customary rate.  
    Reply
    Boy oh boy, You would struggle being a waiter in England mate, Over here we dont believe in tipping UNLESS the waiter is truly a nice host and does not have the words 'Tip me please Tip me please' written all over his face which you seem to have. Remember this, You're a waiter, You get paid by the hour, That's your money, It was your fault you were smoking weed during maths class in school not the people who dont believe in tipping. So instead of constantly having the thought of tips floating through your mind, How about you actually concentrate on being a waiter or whatever you are and then maybe one day when you genuinely care about your customers someone might tip you a 20 or 50 instead of the customary rate.  
     
    dookie78
    dookie78
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 105
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2012 - 1:55 PM ET #17

    although they should tip if the service is good, they don't have to tip. Customers money keeps the steakhouse open for business, in turn paying your hourly wage, the electricity paid, everyone in the steakhouse has a job.
    Reply
    although they should tip if the service is good, they don't have to tip. Customers money keeps the steakhouse open for business, in turn paying your hourly wage, the electricity paid, everyone in the steakhouse has a job.
     
    ad1260
    ad1260
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 8159
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2012 - 2:48 PM ET #18

    Quote Originally Posted by SwishSwish1234:

    Boy oh boy, You would struggle being a waiter in England mate, Over here we dont believe in tipping UNLESS the waiter is truly a nice host and does not have the words 'Tip me please Tip me please' written all over his face which you seem to have. Remember this, You're a waiter, You get paid by the hour, That's your money, It was your fault you were smoking weed during maths class in school not the people who dont believe in tipping. So instead of constantly having the thought of tips floating through your mind, How about you actually concentrate on being a waiter or whatever you are and then maybe one day when you genuinely care about your customers someone might tip you a 20 or 50 instead of the customary rate.  

    Good thing you don't live in America buddy. Here in America, waiters make $2.13 an hour and rely on tips to make a living. Like I previously stated, I am not too worried about, I fucking live with my parents lmao...I just graduated from college and on the cusp of going to teach in Beijing or Seoul for a year.

    Am I begging for money? NO.
    Do I realistically "need it" per say? NO.

    The point is, these people are constant offenders.....regardless of the service. So if they really didn't like the service or had a problem, they would NOT keep coming back.

    To say they are "good customers" is a stretch...

    I am baffled at the people in this thread that have the clout to say "you don't necessarily deserve a tip", do you people own slaves or something? Jesus Christ. I made this thread not because it was directly killing me financially as some would suggest, lmao. 

    The point is, the servers work for the restaurant, and if the managers are aware of a customer that NEVER tips....have the balls to stand up for your staff and say something to these people, seriously. But I guess that's part of the corporate box world.

    Also, to those that believe I am "whining"....I basically despise you. I mean, go to work 40 hours a week or whatever you work and don't get a paycheck, how would you react? You put in all that time but aren't seeing ANY fruits of your labor? And God forbid you have a wife and children to feed...what would you say? "Sorry kids, boss man just didn't want to pay me this week". Get that shit outta here.

    Also, yes, I probably do need a different profession (mind you, this is very temporary and I was originally posting on behalf of my coworkers where this is their absolute livelihood). But regardless, anyone with any class, dignity, understanding would agree I believe.

    I don't know, maybe its a bit much to ask employers to take care of their employees  and not be a box. 

    Also, I am AMAZED at the number of people in this thread that don't realize servers/waiters make a standard $2.13 an hour....





    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by SwishSwish1234:

    Boy oh boy, You would struggle being a waiter in England mate, Over here we dont believe in tipping UNLESS the waiter is truly a nice host and does not have the words 'Tip me please Tip me please' written all over his face which you seem to have. Remember this, You're a waiter, You get paid by the hour, That's your money, It was your fault you were smoking weed during maths class in school not the people who dont believe in tipping. So instead of constantly having the thought of tips floating through your mind, How about you actually concentrate on being a waiter or whatever you are and then maybe one day when you genuinely care about your customers someone might tip you a 20 or 50 instead of the customary rate.  

    Good thing you don't live in America buddy. Here in America, waiters make $2.13 an hour and rely on tips to make a living. Like I previously stated, I am not too worried about, I fucking live with my parents lmao...I just graduated from college and on the cusp of going to teach in Beijing or Seoul for a year.

    Am I begging for money? NO.
    Do I realistically "need it" per say? NO.

    The point is, these people are constant offenders.....regardless of the service. So if they really didn't like the service or had a problem, they would NOT keep coming back.

    To say they are "good customers" is a stretch...

    I am baffled at the people in this thread that have the clout to say "you don't necessarily deserve a tip", do you people own slaves or something? Jesus Christ. I made this thread not because it was directly killing me financially as some would suggest, lmao. 

    The point is, the servers work for the restaurant, and if the managers are aware of a customer that NEVER tips....have the balls to stand up for your staff and say something to these people, seriously. But I guess that's part of the corporate box world.

    Also, to those that believe I am "whining"....I basically despise you. I mean, go to work 40 hours a week or whatever you work and don't get a paycheck, how would you react? You put in all that time but aren't seeing ANY fruits of your labor? And God forbid you have a wife and children to feed...what would you say? "Sorry kids, boss man just didn't want to pay me this week". Get that shit outta here.

    Also, yes, I probably do need a different profession (mind you, this is very temporary and I was originally posting on behalf of my coworkers where this is their absolute livelihood). But regardless, anyone with any class, dignity, understanding would agree I believe.

    I don't know, maybe its a bit much to ask employers to take care of their employees  and not be a box. 

    Also, I am AMAZED at the number of people in this thread that don't realize servers/waiters make a standard $2.13 an hour....





     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2012 - 2:55 PM ET #19


    ad1260:  Yes, I can't believe some of the responses here either, but you must consider the source.  No need to name anyone, but suffice to say they are candy ass, silver spoon fed, pompous assholes, who somehow believe they are entitled to screw good working people out of a legitimately earned tip.

    Just to be certain, are you POSITIVE that a cash tip isn't being stolen off the table by other employees or customers???

    One waitress I remember had a problem with the restaurant manager.  Seems he was stealing cash tips off of tables and claiming the customers were scumbags.  She knew I was a good tipper and approached me a few times after this had happened.  We together confronted the manager and I had to help her with a call to corporate to get this weasel fired.  Don't rule out anything while you are investigating this debacle.

    I will tell you that I NEVER leave tips on credit cards and always make it a point to zero out the tip box before signing.  I now also make it a point to let my waiters and waitresses know what I enjoyed, what I didn't enjoy, and that I am leaving a cash tip on the table before I depart.

    Have you considered directly asking this person if he has had any problem with your service and that you constantly try your best but noticed that there was never any gratuity?  There ARE tactful ways of expressing this you know.  Also, there are several world wide cultures who DO NOT tip.  It is not their custom and may incorrectly assume that it works the same way here in North America.

    Good luck with whatever you decide and please keep us posted as this is an interesting story.


    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    ad1260:  Yes, I can't believe some of the responses here either, but you must consider the source.  No need to name anyone, but suffice to say they are candy ass, silver spoon fed, pompous assholes, who somehow believe they are entitled to screw good working people out of a legitimately earned tip.

    Just to be certain, are you POSITIVE that a cash tip isn't being stolen off the table by other employees or customers???

    One waitress I remember had a problem with the restaurant manager.  Seems he was stealing cash tips off of tables and claiming the customers were scumbags.  She knew I was a good tipper and approached me a few times after this had happened.  We together confronted the manager and I had to help her with a call to corporate to get this weasel fired.  Don't rule out anything while you are investigating this debacle.

    I will tell you that I NEVER leave tips on credit cards and always make it a point to zero out the tip box before signing.  I now also make it a point to let my waiters and waitresses know what I enjoyed, what I didn't enjoy, and that I am leaving a cash tip on the table before I depart.

    Have you considered directly asking this person if he has had any problem with your service and that you constantly try your best but noticed that there was never any gratuity?  There ARE tactful ways of expressing this you know.  Also, there are several world wide cultures who DO NOT tip.  It is not their custom and may incorrectly assume that it works the same way here in North America.

    Good luck with whatever you decide and please keep us posted as this is an interesting story.


     
    rs12321
    rs12321
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 504
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2012 - 2:56 PM ET #20

    Quote Originally Posted by ad1260:




    Also, I am AMAZED at the number of people in this thread that don't realize servers/waiters make a standard $2.13 an hour....






    Overpaid 

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by ad1260:




    Also, I am AMAZED at the number of people in this thread that don't realize servers/waiters make a standard $2.13 an hour....






    Overpaid 

     
    Henry-Lilly
    Henry-Lilly
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 10502
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2012 - 2:57 PM ET #21

    Take a nasty shit on their steak and tell them the corn is on the house.
    Reply
    Take a nasty shit on their steak and tell them the corn is on the house.
     
    ad1260
    ad1260
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 8159
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2012 - 3:01 PM ET #22

    Quote Originally Posted by rs12321:


    Overpaid 


    What do you do for a living you spineless prick? Do you have a family? How old are you?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by rs12321:


    Overpaid 


    What do you do for a living you spineless prick? Do you have a family? How old are you?
     
    ad1260
    ad1260
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 8159
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2012 - 3:01 PM ET #23

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry-Lilly:

    Take a nasty shit on their steak and tell them the corn is on the house.

    Seriously man, this may be in order...Henry, am I totally off kilter on this one?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry-Lilly:

    Take a nasty shit on their steak and tell them the corn is on the house.

    Seriously man, this may be in order...Henry, am I totally off kilter on this one?
     
    Henry-Lilly
    Henry-Lilly
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 10502
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2012 - 3:04 PM ET #24

    Quote Originally Posted by ad1260:


    Seriously man, this may be in order...Henry, am I totally off kilter on this one?



    I'd be pissed too.  Golden Goose has some very good advice in post #19
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by ad1260:


    Seriously man, this may be in order...Henry, am I totally off kilter on this one?



    I'd be pissed too.  Golden Goose has some very good advice in post #19
     
     
    ad1260
    ad1260
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 8159
    Posted: Apr. 8, 2012 - 3:31 PM ET #25

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:


    ad1260:  Yes, I can't believe some of the responses here either, but you must consider the source.  No need to name anyone, but suffice to say they are candy ass, silver spoon fed, pompous assholes, who somehow believe they are entitled to screw good working people out of a legitimately earned tip.

    Just to be certain, are you POSITIVE that a cash tip isn't being stolen off the table by other employees or customers???

    One waitress I remember had a problem with the restaurant manager.  Seems he was stealing cash tips off of tables and claiming the customers were scumbags.  She knew I was a good tipper and approached me a few times after this had happened.  We together confronted the manager and I had to help her with a call to corporate to get this weasel fired.  Don't rule out anything while you are investigating this debacle.

    I will tell you that I NEVER leave tips on credit cards and always make it a point to zero out the tip box before signing.  I now also make it a point to let my waiters and waitresses know what I enjoyed, what I didn't enjoy, and that I am leaving a cash tip on the table before I depart.

    Have you considered directly asking this person if he has had any problem with your service and that you constantly try your best but noticed that there was never any gratuity?  There ARE tactful ways of expressing this you know.  Also, there are several world wide cultures who DO NOT tip.  It is not their custom and may incorrectly assume that it works the same way here in North America.

    Good luck with whatever you decide and please keep us posted as this is an interesting story.



    Thank you GoldenGoose 

    I can absolutely for a fact say that a manager or host is not stealing a cash tip from the table from this particular couple. Like I said, I have only been victimized once by their ridiculousness, but the lady that typically does deal with them, swears it happens EVERY TIME and it always is at lunch when there isn't too much activity going on in the restaurant. I do have customers that do what you do, pay with a credit card and ALWAYS leave a cash tip...they typically hand it to me, or put it back in the credit card book-thing. I appreciate your REALISTIC understanding my friend.

    Also, these people are obviously American folks that know what the deal is...but I do understand your point about customs/tipping (a prime example would be our fella from across the pond that made an absurd post). 

    I was only stiffed once by these douchers so asking them directly hasn't necessarily been an option for me...but I told my fellow coworker to do so but she's a bit timid to say the least. So I went to the manager and basically told him that if they sat in my section again, I was not going to serve them. I mean, its about principle. I left the ball in my managers court, either fire me (which would be very drastic) or have another server pick up the table...OR (the best solution) go tell those mother fuckers that they aren't welcome in the restaurant if they refuse to tip...hence, my original post, employers taking care of their employees.  Thanks Goose
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:


    ad1260:  Yes, I can't believe some of the responses here either, but you must consider the source.  No need to name anyone, but suffice to say they are candy ass, silver spoon fed, pompous assholes, who somehow believe they are entitled to screw good working people out of a legitimately earned tip.

    Just to be certain, are you POSITIVE that a cash tip isn't being stolen off the table by other employees or customers???

    One waitress I remember had a problem with the restaurant manager.  Seems he was stealing cash tips off of tables and claiming the customers were scumbags.  She knew I was a good tipper and approached me a few times after this had happened.  We together confronted the manager and I had to help her with a call to corporate to get this weasel fired.  Don't rule out anything while you are investigating this debacle.

    I will tell you that I NEVER leave tips on credit cards and always make it a point to zero out the tip box before signing.  I now also make it a point to let my waiters and waitresses know what I enjoyed, what I didn't enjoy, and that I am leaving a cash tip on the table before I depart.

    Have you considered directly asking this person if he has had any problem with your service and that you constantly try your best but noticed that there was never any gratuity?  There ARE tactful ways of expressing this you know.  Also, there are several world wide cultures who DO NOT tip.  It is not their custom and may incorrectly assume that it works the same way here in North America.

    Good luck with whatever you decide and please keep us posted as this is an interesting story.



    Thank you GoldenGoose 

    I can absolutely for a fact say that a manager or host is not stealing a cash tip from the table from this particular couple. Like I said, I have only been victimized once by their ridiculousness, but the lady that typically does deal with them, swears it happens EVERY TIME and it always is at lunch when there isn't too much activity going on in the restaurant. I do have customers that do what you do, pay with a credit card and ALWAYS leave a cash tip...they typically hand it to me, or put it back in the credit card book-thing. I appreciate your REALISTIC understanding my friend.

    Also, these people are obviously American folks that know what the deal is...but I do understand your point about customs/tipping (a prime example would be our fella from across the pond that made an absurd post). 

    I was only stiffed once by these douchers so asking them directly hasn't necessarily been an option for me...but I told my fellow coworker to do so but she's a bit timid to say the least. So I went to the manager and basically told him that if they sat in my section again, I was not going to serve them. I mean, its about principle. I left the ball in my managers court, either fire me (which would be very drastic) or have another server pick up the table...OR (the best solution) go tell those mother fuckers that they aren't welcome in the restaurant if they refuse to tip...hence, my original post, employers taking care of their employees.  Thanks Goose
    All Forums | General Discussion
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 450,555
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,184
    • Monday 09/28/2026 743
    • Rams vs Broncos in game live SNF 2,734
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 102,030
    • HELP PLEASE 1,619
    • Eagles@Bears discussion 1,845
    • Mike Trout Strikeouts 7,151
    • Another BS PI 976
    • King of Covers Winner List 12,244

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.