• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Las Vegas

    What is the max bet limit at Las Vegas sportsbook?

    12 Next Last»
    AweIN
    98ITR
    mandy1
    Jbtahoe
    Rebel324
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 46114
    Posts: 38
    12 Next Last»
     
    AweIN
    AweIN
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2011
    Posts: 6478
    Posted: Jul. 17, 2016 - 11:27 AM ET #1

    Does anyone knows what is the max bet limit at Las Vegas sportsbook? And which one is the best or best lines given?

    I only ask because I thought Las Vegas is the place where there is no limit. I went into the Mirage and try to place $3000 on a bet and they all look at me like I'm some kind of freak. They call the manager and started having whisper conversations and sheit. I'm like WFT?! This is vegas! Y'all can't cover a fuking $3000 bet and your casino is worth millions!

    If yall know how to get around this issue please help a brother out and supply some info. BOL to all and hope your tickets cashed out for you. 

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    Does anyone knows what is the max bet limit at Las Vegas sportsbook? And which one is the best or best lines given?

    I only ask because I thought Las Vegas is the place where there is no limit. I went into the Mirage and try to place $3000 on a bet and they all look at me like I'm some kind of freak. They call the manager and started having whisper conversations and sheit. I'm like WFT?! This is vegas! Y'all can't cover a fuking $3000 bet and your casino is worth millions!

    If yall know how to get around this issue please help a brother out and supply some info. BOL to all and hope your tickets cashed out for you. 

     
    98ITR
    98ITR
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2008
    Posts: 4870
    Posted: Jul. 17, 2016 - 12:24 PM ET #2

    Ya some places like 2k they look at you funny but I tried 10k with no problem. The manager just needs to come out and ask you a million questions
    Reply
    Ya some places like 2k they look at you funny but I tried 10k with no problem. The manager just needs to come out and ask you a million questions
     
    mandy1
    mandy1
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 2138
    Posted: Jul. 17, 2016 - 12:28 PM ET #3

    To save the grief you could bet 3 $1000 bets at different times!
    Reply
    To save the grief you could bet 3 $1000 bets at different times!
     
    Jbtahoe
    Jbtahoe
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2014
    Posts: 33
    Posted: Jul. 17, 2016 - 12:32 PM ET #4

    The M is a good spot some major action daily there. Good luck 
    Reply
    The M is a good spot some major action daily there. Good luck 
     
    Rebel324
    Rebel324
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2015
    Posts: 840
    Posted: Jul. 17, 2016 - 12:35 PM ET #5

    Try out Westgate. I have never had any problems. ]
    Reply
    Try out Westgate. I have never had any problems. ]
     
    AweIN
    AweIN
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2011
    Posts: 6478
    Posted: Jul. 17, 2016 - 12:36 PM ET #6

    Quote Originally Posted by mandy1:

    To save the grief you could bet 3 $1000 bets at different times!
    Yeah, but we all want the best lines for our bets right? I know different books have different lines and I don't want to run around to different casino all the time. But I got what u say tho.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by mandy1:

    To save the grief you could bet 3 $1000 bets at different times!
    Yeah, but we all want the best lines for our bets right? I know different books have different lines and I don't want to run around to different casino all the time. But I got what u say tho.
     
    AweIN
    AweIN
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2011
    Posts: 6478
    Posted: Jul. 17, 2016 - 12:38 PM ET #7

    Thanks fellas for all your inputs. I will keep it in mind when I head out there next time. BOL to all!
    Reply
    Thanks fellas for all your inputs. I will keep it in mind when I head out there next time. BOL to all!
     
    AweIN
    AweIN
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2011
    Posts: 6478
    Posted: Jul. 17, 2016 - 12:44 PM ET #8

    Quote Originally Posted by Jbtahoe:

    The M is a good spot some major action daily there. Good luck 
    What "M" are you referring to?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbtahoe:

    The M is a good spot some major action daily there. Good luck 
    What "M" are you referring to?
     
    Natty68
    Natty68
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2014
    Posts: 3310
    Posted: Jul. 17, 2016 - 12:45 PM ET #9

    I've heard the M and other cg books you are only limited by your imagination.  But that might just be on NFL sides.
    As long as they pretend to pay me I will pretend to work
    Reply
    I've heard the M and other cg books you are only limited by your imagination.  But that might just be on NFL sides.
     
    vegasoddsgod
    vegasoddsgod
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2015
    Posts: 774
    Posted: Jul. 17, 2016 - 1:04 PM ET #10

    Wynn/aria/bellagio/mgm/caesers any of the big "5"(and  affiliated books) and Westgate will take atleast a twenty dime wager no players card needed just questions from manager.

    Some of the top 5 + Westgate might take even a 30+ bet. But it would be one of those "key games" or double limits games. (Esp championship games, keep in mind the sport matters. There isnt as much handle on mlb as there is nfl) I do not think any 1 casino in town would take more than 30 dimes from someone they did not know or not an exclusive player. You'll see 100k NFL tickets but you won't ever see 100k baseball or basketball tickets or anything else really maybe boxing again the HANDLE is what determines the accepted amount especially from unknown off the street guys
    Reply
    Wynn/aria/bellagio/mgm/caesers any of the big "5"(and  affiliated books) and Westgate will take atleast a twenty dime wager no players card needed just questions from manager.

    Some of the top 5 + Westgate might take even a 30+ bet. But it would be one of those "key games" or double limits games. (Esp championship games, keep in mind the sport matters. There isnt as much handle on mlb as there is nfl) I do not think any 1 casino in town would take more than 30 dimes from someone they did not know or not an exclusive player. You'll see 100k NFL tickets but you won't ever see 100k baseball or basketball tickets or anything else really maybe boxing again the HANDLE is what determines the accepted amount especially from unknown off the street guys
     
    vegasoddsgod
    vegasoddsgod
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2015
    Posts: 774
    Posted: Jul. 17, 2016 - 1:06 PM ET #11

    If you did manage to hit a 25 dime 1 time ticket. Rest assured your name would be added to their book and they wouldn't let you leave the casino without staying a night or two 
    Reply
    If you did manage to hit a 25 dime 1 time ticket. Rest assured your name would be added to their book and they wouldn't let you leave the casino without staying a night or two 
     
    PapaShango
    PapaShango
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 29065
    Posted: Jul. 17, 2016 - 1:07 PM ET #12

    Quote Originally Posted by AweIN:

    Does anyone knows what is the max bet limit at Las Vegas sportsbook? And which one is the best or best lines given?

    I only ask because I thought Las Vegas is the place where there is no limit. I went into the Mirage and try to place $3000 on a bet and they all look at me like I'm some kind of freak. They call the manager and started having whisper conversations and sheit. I'm like WFT?! This is vegas! Y'all can't cover a fuking $3000 bet and your casino is worth millions!

    If yall know how to get around this issue please help a brother out and supply some info. BOL to all and hope your tickets cashed out for you. 



    Completely inaccurate.  It's up to the traders at whichever company you bet at.  Go bet at William Hill or Westgate.  They'll take your action.  Why anyone would bet at Mirage anyway with their numbers is completely idiotic to begin with.  Good luck, man.  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by AweIN:

    Does anyone knows what is the max bet limit at Las Vegas sportsbook? And which one is the best or best lines given?

    I only ask because I thought Las Vegas is the place where there is no limit. I went into the Mirage and try to place $3000 on a bet and they all look at me like I'm some kind of freak. They call the manager and started having whisper conversations and sheit. I'm like WFT?! This is vegas! Y'all can't cover a fuking $3000 bet and your casino is worth millions!

    If yall know how to get around this issue please help a brother out and supply some info. BOL to all and hope your tickets cashed out for you. 



    Completely inaccurate.  It's up to the traders at whichever company you bet at.  Go bet at William Hill or Westgate.  They'll take your action.  Why anyone would bet at Mirage anyway with their numbers is completely idiotic to begin with.  Good luck, man.  
     
    AweIN
    AweIN
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2011
    Posts: 6478
    Posted: Jul. 17, 2016 - 1:20 PM ET #13

    Quote Originally Posted by vegasoddsgod:

    Wynn/aria/bellagio/mgm/caesers any of the big "5"(and  affiliated books) and Westgate will take atleast a twenty dime wager no players card needed just questions from manager.

    Some of the top 5 + Westgate might take even a 30+ bet. But it would be one of those "key games" or double limits games. (Esp championship games, keep in mind the sport matters. There isnt as much handle on mlb as there is nfl) I do not think any 1 casino in town would take more than 30 dimes from someone they did not know or not an exclusive player. You'll see 100k NFL tickets but you won't ever see 100k baseball or basketball tickets or anything else really maybe boxing again the HANDLE is what determines the accepted amount especially from unknown off the street guys
    Great info
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by vegasoddsgod:

    Wynn/aria/bellagio/mgm/caesers any of the big "5"(and  affiliated books) and Westgate will take atleast a twenty dime wager no players card needed just questions from manager.

    Some of the top 5 + Westgate might take even a 30+ bet. But it would be one of those "key games" or double limits games. (Esp championship games, keep in mind the sport matters. There isnt as much handle on mlb as there is nfl) I do not think any 1 casino in town would take more than 30 dimes from someone they did not know or not an exclusive player. You'll see 100k NFL tickets but you won't ever see 100k baseball or basketball tickets or anything else really maybe boxing again the HANDLE is what determines the accepted amount especially from unknown off the street guys
    Great info
     
    AweIN
    AweIN
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2011
    Posts: 6478
    Posted: Jul. 17, 2016 - 1:22 PM ET #14

    Quote Originally Posted by PapaShango:



    Completely inaccurate.  It's up to the traders at whichever company you bet at.  Go bet at William Hill or Westgate.  They'll take your action.  Why anyone would bet at Mirage anyway with their numbers is completely idiotic to begin with.  Good luck, man.  
    Guess I went to the wrong place. Thank you
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaShango:



    Completely inaccurate.  It's up to the traders at whichever company you bet at.  Go bet at William Hill or Westgate.  They'll take your action.  Why anyone would bet at Mirage anyway with their numbers is completely idiotic to begin with.  Good luck, man.  
    Guess I went to the wrong place. Thank you
     
    FANTASY_HN
    FANTASY_HN
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 1864
    Posted: Jul. 17, 2016 - 3:43 PM ET #15

    Vegas don't like losing money.  If you are winning in any game, they start to change dealers and pit boss come down and watch you like a hawk.  if you are betting too much on a sport game, they think you might have inside info.
    Reply
    Vegas don't like losing money.  If you are winning in any game, they start to change dealers and pit boss come down and watch you like a hawk.  if you are betting too much on a sport game, they think you might have inside info.
     
    Crashdavis565
    Crashdavis565
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 15772
    Posted: Jul. 19, 2016 - 11:35 AM ET #16

    Reply
     
    666LES
    666LES
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 4321
    Posted: Jul. 19, 2016 - 2:29 PM ET #17

    Quote Originally Posted by vegasoddsgod:

    If you did manage to hit a 25 dime 1 time ticket. Rest assured your name would be added to their book and they wouldn't let you leave the casino without staying a night or two 
    Bulllshiiit. Pay me like I played it,I played it with chips and they payed me with chips so I never had to give a false social security # and they still don't know your name.Don't lie and don't scare the tourists,I walked out of the casino and came back next week and they still don't know my name.Fukkkk your pretend book.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by vegasoddsgod:

    If you did manage to hit a 25 dime 1 time ticket. Rest assured your name would be added to their book and they wouldn't let you leave the casino without staying a night or two 
    Bulllshiiit. Pay me like I played it,I played it with chips and they payed me with chips so I never had to give a false social security # and they still don't know your name.Don't lie and don't scare the tourists,I walked out of the casino and came back next week and they still don't know my name.Fukkkk your pretend book.
     
    Bling
    Bling
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2005
    Posts: 41476
    Posted: Aug. 28, 2016 - 3:43 PM ET #18

    I doubt the Mirage blinked at your $3000 bets.  Some heavy hitters like to stay there so they are used to large wagers.  There really is not a betting limit in Vegas.  There is a limit per bet.  But you can make multiple bets at the limit at the same joint, although they reserve the right to change the line (which is the real reason for the limit so somebody can't put 100 grand on an unfavorable line for the casino). 
    Reply
    I doubt the Mirage blinked at your $3000 bets.  Some heavy hitters like to stay there so they are used to large wagers.  There really is not a betting limit in Vegas.  There is a limit per bet.  But you can make multiple bets at the limit at the same joint, although they reserve the right to change the line (which is the real reason for the limit so somebody can't put 100 grand on an unfavorable line for the casino). 
     
    MCWisky
    MCWisky
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2017
    Posts: 6
    Posted: Jan. 20, 2017 - 4:08 PM ET #19

    I was in the Tropicana for the sole purpose of betting a NCAAF bowl game this past December. CG technology casinos had the game at -3, the best line in town. I asked the writer if they would take a 10 dime bet. He said they would take the bet, but the manager was on break. I came back 30 minutes later and the writer introduced me as the gentleman that wanted to bet $10,000 on a game. I gave them the game number and amount. After giving them my license and a form stating the bet was my money and I wasn't someone's lackey, they took my money and punched it in. The writer looks at me and says it was rejected. The manager makes a call to the powers that be. She gets off the phone and tells me they won't take the bet. I ask why and she stated that they just said no bet. I told them that if it was a losing bet, in their mind, they would take it. I said it is obvious that they thought it was a winner. They would let me bet a lesser amount but I told them it is obvious you don't want action and left. I went back to the casino I usually make wagers and got the game at -3-. (FYI, it was a winner)

    So, the moral of the story is, yes they will take any bet if they think its a loser. In other words, there is a limit but it a moving mark. If you are betting 4 figures, you're probably okay. If you are betting 5 figures then, I feel, it is a case by case situation. It also matters who you are. If you are a known winner, all bets are off. If you are a known loser, game on!


    Reply
    I was in the Tropicana for the sole purpose of betting a NCAAF bowl game this past December. CG technology casinos had the game at -3, the best line in town. I asked the writer if they would take a 10 dime bet. He said they would take the bet, but the manager was on break. I came back 30 minutes later and the writer introduced me as the gentleman that wanted to bet $10,000 on a game. I gave them the game number and amount. After giving them my license and a form stating the bet was my money and I wasn't someone's lackey, they took my money and punched it in. The writer looks at me and says it was rejected. The manager makes a call to the powers that be. She gets off the phone and tells me they won't take the bet. I ask why and she stated that they just said no bet. I told them that if it was a losing bet, in their mind, they would take it. I said it is obvious that they thought it was a winner. They would let me bet a lesser amount but I told them it is obvious you don't want action and left. I went back to the casino I usually make wagers and got the game at -3-. (FYI, it was a winner)

    So, the moral of the story is, yes they will take any bet if they think its a loser. In other words, there is a limit but it a moving mark. If you are betting 4 figures, you're probably okay. If you are betting 5 figures then, I feel, it is a case by case situation. It also matters who you are. If you are a known winner, all bets are off. If you are a known loser, game on!


     
    Peters821
    Peters821
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2012
    Posts: 36
    Posted: Jan. 21, 2017 - 2:16 AM ET #20

    Quote Originally Posted by vegasoddsgod:

    Wynn/aria/bellagio/mgm/caesers any of the big "5"(and  affiliated books) and Westgate will take atleast a twenty dime wager no players card needed just questions from manager.

    Some of the top 5 + Westgate might take even a 30+ bet. But it would be one of those "key games" or double limits games. (Esp championship games, keep in mind the sport matters. There isnt as much handle on mlb as there is nfl) I do not think any 1 casino in town would take more than 30 dimes from someone they did not know or not an exclusive player. You'll see 100k NFL tickets but you won't ever see 100k baseball or basketball tickets or anything else really maybe boxing again the HANDLE is what determines the accepted amount especially from unknown off the street guys

    That is incorrect.  If you bet a 5k wager, you will get a player's card or they will make a copy of your id.  This is on any sport including NFL.  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by vegasoddsgod:

    Wynn/aria/bellagio/mgm/caesers any of the big "5"(and  affiliated books) and Westgate will take atleast a twenty dime wager no players card needed just questions from manager.

    Some of the top 5 + Westgate might take even a 30+ bet. But it would be one of those "key games" or double limits games. (Esp championship games, keep in mind the sport matters. There isnt as much handle on mlb as there is nfl) I do not think any 1 casino in town would take more than 30 dimes from someone they did not know or not an exclusive player. You'll see 100k NFL tickets but you won't ever see 100k baseball or basketball tickets or anything else really maybe boxing again the HANDLE is what determines the accepted amount especially from unknown off the street guys

    That is incorrect.  If you bet a 5k wager, you will get a player's card or they will make a copy of your id.  This is on any sport including NFL.  
     
    Peters821
    Peters821
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2012
    Posts: 36
    Posted: Jan. 21, 2017 - 2:18 AM ET #21

    Quote Originally Posted by MCWisky:

    I was in the Tropicana for the sole purpose of betting a NCAAF bowl game this past December. CG technology casinos had the game at -3, the best line in town. I asked the writer if they would take a 10 dime bet. He said they would take the bet, but the manager was on break. I came back 30 minutes later and the writer introduced me as the gentleman that wanted to bet $10,000 on a game. I gave them the game number and amount. After giving them my license and a form stating the bet was my money and I wasn't someone's lackey, they took my money and punched it in. The writer looks at me and says it was rejected. The manager makes a call to the powers that be. She gets off the phone and tells me they won't take the bet. I ask why and she stated that they just said no bet. I told them that if it was a losing bet, in their mind, they would take it. I said it is obvious that they thought it was a winner. They would let me bet a lesser amount but I told them it is obvious you don't want action and left. I went back to the casino I usually make wagers and got the game at -3-. (FYI, it was a winner)

    So, the moral of the story is, yes they will take any bet if they think its a loser. In other words, there is a limit but it a moving mark. If you are betting 4 figures, you're probably okay. If you are betting 5 figures then, I feel, it is a case by case situation. It also matters who you are. If you are a known winner, all bets are off. If you are a known loser, game on!



    Yep, that is true.  Even these "Big 5" will only take 5k max on an NFL game.  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by MCWisky:

    I was in the Tropicana for the sole purpose of betting a NCAAF bowl game this past December. CG technology casinos had the game at -3, the best line in town. I asked the writer if they would take a 10 dime bet. He said they would take the bet, but the manager was on break. I came back 30 minutes later and the writer introduced me as the gentleman that wanted to bet $10,000 on a game. I gave them the game number and amount. After giving them my license and a form stating the bet was my money and I wasn't someone's lackey, they took my money and punched it in. The writer looks at me and says it was rejected. The manager makes a call to the powers that be. She gets off the phone and tells me they won't take the bet. I ask why and she stated that they just said no bet. I told them that if it was a losing bet, in their mind, they would take it. I said it is obvious that they thought it was a winner. They would let me bet a lesser amount but I told them it is obvious you don't want action and left. I went back to the casino I usually make wagers and got the game at -3-. (FYI, it was a winner)

    So, the moral of the story is, yes they will take any bet if they think its a loser. In other words, there is a limit but it a moving mark. If you are betting 4 figures, you're probably okay. If you are betting 5 figures then, I feel, it is a case by case situation. It also matters who you are. If you are a known winner, all bets are off. If you are a known loser, game on!



    Yep, that is true.  Even these "Big 5" will only take 5k max on an NFL game.  
     
    MCWisky
    MCWisky
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2017
    Posts: 6
    Posted: Jan. 21, 2017 - 1:47 PM ET #22

    Quote Originally Posted by Peters821:


    Yep, that is true.  Even these "Big 5" will only take 5k max on an NFL game.  

    What gets me is that I asked prior to making the wager and the writer told me they would take my 10k bet. Please don't tell me you'll take the bet and then reject it!


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Peters821:


    Yep, that is true.  Even these "Big 5" will only take 5k max on an NFL game.  

    What gets me is that I asked prior to making the wager and the writer told me they would take my 10k bet. Please don't tell me you'll take the bet and then reject it!


     
    Peters821
    Peters821
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2012
    Posts: 36
    Posted: Jan. 21, 2017 - 6:40 PM ET #23

    Quote Originally Posted by MCWisky:


    What gets me is that I asked prior to making the wager and the writer told me they would take my 10k bet. Please don't tell me you'll take the bet and then reject it!


    The ticket writer doesn't make the decision.  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by MCWisky:


    What gets me is that I asked prior to making the wager and the writer told me they would take my 10k bet. Please don't tell me you'll take the bet and then reject it!


    The ticket writer doesn't make the decision.  
     
    mbialowas
    mbialowas
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 4681
    Posted: Jan. 21, 2017 - 9:10 PM ET #24

    Any CET property or MGM property will take up to $10,000 bet. 


    Reply
    Any CET property or MGM property will take up to $10,000 bet. 


     
     
    MCWisky
    MCWisky
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2017
    Posts: 6
    Posted: Jan. 22, 2017 - 8:38 PM ET #25

    Quote Originally Posted by Peters821:

    The ticket writer doesn't make the decision.  

    Yes, I understand that the writer doesn't make the rules. He was repeating the rules given to him by management. Again, if a sportsbook hangs a line of 3 when everyone other sportsbook have it at 3.5, they better be ready for the smart bettors to take advantage of that line. If they only would take bets on the opposite side, who would the dog +3 when they could get it across the street at 3.5?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Peters821:

    The ticket writer doesn't make the decision.  

    Yes, I understand that the writer doesn't make the rules. He was repeating the rules given to him by management. Again, if a sportsbook hangs a line of 3 when everyone other sportsbook have it at 3.5, they better be ready for the smart bettors to take advantage of that line. If they only would take bets on the opposite side, who would the dog +3 when they could get it across the street at 3.5?
    All Forums | Las Vegas
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • Claiming Prizes 57,670
    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,238
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,035
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 103,386
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,409
    • MLB Playoffs 5,223
    • Saturday 10/03/2026 690
    • **$$$ MD Saturday 10/3 $$$** 7,249
    • **$$$ MD Friday 10/2 $$$** 10,289
    • Play Thur thru Sat 5,008

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.