• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | NBA Betting Forum

    Dug myself a hole. Kinda need some help

    12 Next Last»
    Tucca
    kiwipride1983
    mac39bps
    Theone324
    Rackman29
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 2077
    Posts: 29
    12 Next Last»
     
    Tucca
    Tucca
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2014
    Posts: 3
    Posted: Feb. 3, 2014 - 10:14 PM ET #1

    I just started gambling about a month ago. Was doing well at first but got myself down 450. I tailed a lot of people on this site and just seems like every bet i took was the one not to hit. Starting to feel like i'm just jinxed. So just tryna win some of it back before payout day on Thursday, and then I'm most likely done for good. So just need some help if you don't mind. Hit me with some locks if you got them. Much appreciated.
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    I just started gambling about a month ago. Was doing well at first but got myself down 450. I tailed a lot of people on this site and just seems like every bet i took was the one not to hit. Starting to feel like i'm just jinxed. So just tryna win some of it back before payout day on Thursday, and then I'm most likely done for good. So just need some help if you don't mind. Hit me with some locks if you got them. Much appreciated.
     
    kiwipride1983
    kiwipride1983
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2010
    Posts: 213
    Posted: Feb. 3, 2014 - 10:23 PM ET #2

    First off you shouldn't be tailing anyone or putting money on sports you don't know anything about. The people that post here (or the majority) are merely just people voicing their opinions.

    In sport there are also no "locks" - just confident plays...

    $450.00 is not a lot of money to cry about thb!
    Reply
    First off you shouldn't be tailing anyone or putting money on sports you don't know anything about. The people that post here (or the majority) are merely just people voicing their opinions.

    In sport there are also no "locks" - just confident plays...

    $450.00 is not a lot of money to cry about thb!
     
    mac39bps
    mac39bps
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2013
    Posts: 4626
    Posted: Feb. 3, 2014 - 10:33 PM ET #3

    $450? stop gambling dude. 
    Reply
    $450? stop gambling dude. 
     
    Tucca
    Tucca
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2014
    Posts: 3
    Posted: Feb. 3, 2014 - 11:36 PM ET #4

    Im not tryna to sit here and cry about it. I got the money to pay it out I just wanna lessen it a little cause who just wants to pay out 450. Its not that much compared to other people yea i know, Im in college rn so id rather just have the money. I'm not begging for advice, just askin if people want to just let me some know if they have any "confident plays", which is what i meant by locks. So you guys can chill. That's it, hate on me if you want it don't bother me. Just finishing the week up then I'm done. Just tryna win some money back.
    Reply
    Im not tryna to sit here and cry about it. I got the money to pay it out I just wanna lessen it a little cause who just wants to pay out 450. Its not that much compared to other people yea i know, Im in college rn so id rather just have the money. I'm not begging for advice, just askin if people want to just let me some know if they have any "confident plays", which is what i meant by locks. So you guys can chill. That's it, hate on me if you want it don't bother me. Just finishing the week up then I'm done. Just tryna win some money back.
     
    Theone324
    Theone324
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 18584
    Posted: Feb. 3, 2014 - 11:41 PM ET #5

    Just pay the 450 back and be done. U will lose more chasing
    Reply
    Just pay the 450 back and be done. U will lose more chasing
     
    Rackman29
    Rackman29
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 2329
    Posted: Feb. 3, 2014 - 11:44 PM ET #6

    Theone said it the best....
    Reply
    Theone said it the best....
     
    pepsi562
    pepsi562
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2012
    Posts: 419
    Posted: Feb. 3, 2014 - 11:47 PM ET #7

    go all in on kings they win big trust me
    Reply
    go all in on kings they win big trust me
     
    Frank the Bank
    Frank the Bank
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 17342
    Posted: Feb. 3, 2014 - 11:49 PM ET #8

    STOP NOW
    Reply
    STOP NOW
     
    buckjohn
    buckjohn
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2013
    Posts: 2296
    Posted: Feb. 4, 2014 - 12:00 AM ET #9

    Follow me. I will try to help you. 
    Reply
    Follow me. I will try to help you. 
     
    Tucca
    Tucca
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2014
    Posts: 3
    Posted: Feb. 4, 2014 - 1:05 AM ET #10

    thanks fellas. Pepsi562 good call my man. Thought about just playing kings myself but my buddy told be otherwise just to stop. Theres my luck again but my own fault, bad decision on my part. Goodstuff tho.
    Reply
    thanks fellas. Pepsi562 good call my man. Thought about just playing kings myself but my buddy told be otherwise just to stop. Theres my luck again but my own fault, bad decision on my part. Goodstuff tho.
     
    KingSlambo
    KingSlambo
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2014
    Posts: 72
    Posted: Feb. 4, 2014 - 1:22 AM ET #11

    Yea man i had Denver , Washington , Sacremento and GOT DAMN New Orleans .. I knew i shouldn't have gone against SA .. i almost punched my tv ... Smh awh man i can't tell you the feeling. Going with Atl ML tmrw and maybe Chicago but if not i'm going to do minny over phoenix RL Gsw RL and Atl ml
    Reply
    Yea man i had Denver , Washington , Sacremento and GOT DAMN New Orleans .. I knew i shouldn't have gone against SA .. i almost punched my tv ... Smh awh man i can't tell you the feeling. Going with Atl ML tmrw and maybe Chicago but if not i'm going to do minny over phoenix RL Gsw RL and Atl ml
     
    ihavenopatience
    ihavenopatience
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2012
    Posts: 666
    Posted: Feb. 4, 2014 - 5:10 AM ET #12

    Quote Originally Posted by Theone324:

    Just pay the 450 back and be done. U will lose more chasing

    ^^ there's a smart man

    Real talk....if you're done after this 450 then pay it and be done...2 scenarios can happen if you try to chase 
    1) End up losing more
    2) you make it back and start thinking this is easy and you WONT stop....cause why stop? You just won back all your money you can play for one more week right?


    But for reals....personally I don't follow anybody on here I don't post my picks I just come on here to read some insight of others...AFTER I've made my plays. Nothing worse than losing when tailing someone "claiming" to be on fire. I would honestly just pay the $450 and scale back your units per game...just cause there are 10 games going on doesn't mean you need to make 20bets...pick maybe one or two games and research the shlt outta them and make a pick or two. 

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Theone324:

    Just pay the 450 back and be done. U will lose more chasing

    ^^ there's a smart man

    Real talk....if you're done after this 450 then pay it and be done...2 scenarios can happen if you try to chase 
    1) End up losing more
    2) you make it back and start thinking this is easy and you WONT stop....cause why stop? You just won back all your money you can play for one more week right?


    But for reals....personally I don't follow anybody on here I don't post my picks I just come on here to read some insight of others...AFTER I've made my plays. Nothing worse than losing when tailing someone "claiming" to be on fire. I would honestly just pay the $450 and scale back your units per game...just cause there are 10 games going on doesn't mean you need to make 20bets...pick maybe one or two games and research the shlt outta them and make a pick or two. 

     
    vegasjedi
    vegasjedi
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2013
    Posts: 1847
    Posted: Feb. 4, 2014 - 5:52 AM ET #13

    Quote Originally Posted by Manila_Playa87:

    Forget college man. The economy is down the toilet how do you expect to get a job when millions hold that same piece of paper as you? Just stick to this and it'll turn around. I deferred my studies for a year because quite frankly I couldn't be fucked and I haven't been happier since. 

    Between betting on nba and my welfare checks I make more than an office worker. Everyday I wake up, have my coffee, check the odds and get ready for that first game at 11am (keeping in mind the 16 hour difference between Eastern Australia and US east coast) while everyone else is stuck in the rat race. I don't even know if i wanna go back next semester since I'm having the time of my life. This is my life everyday and dad is at a loss as to what to do about me lol.

    That's you. you're tryna help but telling someone to dropout is wrong imo 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Manila_Playa87:

    Forget college man. The economy is down the toilet how do you expect to get a job when millions hold that same piece of paper as you? Just stick to this and it'll turn around. I deferred my studies for a year because quite frankly I couldn't be fucked and I haven't been happier since. 

    Between betting on nba and my welfare checks I make more than an office worker. Everyday I wake up, have my coffee, check the odds and get ready for that first game at 11am (keeping in mind the 16 hour difference between Eastern Australia and US east coast) while everyone else is stuck in the rat race. I don't even know if i wanna go back next semester since I'm having the time of my life. This is my life everyday and dad is at a loss as to what to do about me lol.

    That's you. you're tryna help but telling someone to dropout is wrong imo 
     
    TheSituation559
    TheSituation559
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2012
    Posts: 3888
    Posted: Feb. 4, 2014 - 10:43 AM ET #14

    Quote Originally Posted by Manila_Playa87:

    Forget college man. The economy is down the toilet how do you expect to get a job when millions hold that same piece of paper as you? Just stick to this and it'll turn around. I deferred my studies for a year because quite frankly I couldn't be fucked and I haven't been happier since. 

    Between betting on nba and my welfare checks I make more than an office worker. Everyday I wake up, have my coffee, check the odds and get ready for that first game at 11am (keeping in mind the 16 hour difference between Eastern Australia and US east coast) while everyone else is stuck in the rat race. I don't even know if i wanna go back next semester since I'm having the time of my life. This is my life everyday and dad is at a loss as to what to do about me lol.

    Should be slapped across the face for giving people this advice. 100's of idiots will read this and think about doing this
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Manila_Playa87:

    Forget college man. The economy is down the toilet how do you expect to get a job when millions hold that same piece of paper as you? Just stick to this and it'll turn around. I deferred my studies for a year because quite frankly I couldn't be fucked and I haven't been happier since. 

    Between betting on nba and my welfare checks I make more than an office worker. Everyday I wake up, have my coffee, check the odds and get ready for that first game at 11am (keeping in mind the 16 hour difference between Eastern Australia and US east coast) while everyone else is stuck in the rat race. I don't even know if i wanna go back next semester since I'm having the time of my life. This is my life everyday and dad is at a loss as to what to do about me lol.

    Should be slapped across the face for giving people this advice. 100's of idiots will read this and think about doing this
     
    Mikey_T
    Mikey_T
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2014
    Posts: 83
    Posted: Feb. 4, 2014 - 11:39 AM ET #15

    If I were you, i'd just stop and pay.  But if you had the money, you wouldnt be desperate enough to post this in a forum.  You don't have the money, that's the whole reason you're betting, because you are a sports fan and think you can make cash calling sports.  WRONG.  Betting is aimed at sports fans who think they know everything there is to know about a team.  The lines are designed specifically to get people like you.  I'm going to give you some advice, stop betting.  It took me 6 years to finally start betting "the right way"  I'm a college student too, and I'm a senior this year....Oh boy I could go on for hours telling you about all the times I went down and had to go on "payment plans" with my bookies week to week in order to get even....it's HELL.  I'll give you some advice: IF you continue to bet...

    Bet like this...

    What can you afford? I make 500 dollars a week bartending...with my bills I can't lose more than 200 or i'm really cutting things close.

    What do I do? 25 dollars a bet 1/4 unit each bet.  ALLLLL STRAIGHT BETS!!!!! (I know tonight i'm doing something different, but i'm up a good bit this week)

    Betting sports is a lot like playing poker, you have to be patient, allowing your mind you're going to WIN BIG is a losers game.  Winning small over time is how you win in this sport.  Say you lose your first 5 bets...you're only down 125! and guess what, you'll average it back out...who cares if you go down one week that much, you still had fun watching the games didn't you?!  But it's the week you get hot and go up 100 or 200 that at the end of the week you can throw down a parlay or 50-100 dollar bet...Betting like this, I almost always end up with some money at the end of the week, it's not a lot, but it's some extra money for doing what I love, wagering on sports/watching sports. 

    Long story short, pay the 450, join a free betting site like bet-bomb and start studying wagering...nobody besides maybe the 3% of professional cappers are going to go on 25-1 streaks, but if you stay above 500, you're pretty good!  Take some time to figure out "spot bets" and reading lines.  The lines and spots say much more than the players and their history against another team.  Study it, play with the money you got, and be disciplined, and you can enjoy it without the stress.

    BOL BUDDY!

    Reply

    If I were you, i'd just stop and pay.  But if you had the money, you wouldnt be desperate enough to post this in a forum.  You don't have the money, that's the whole reason you're betting, because you are a sports fan and think you can make cash calling sports.  WRONG.  Betting is aimed at sports fans who think they know everything there is to know about a team.  The lines are designed specifically to get people like you.  I'm going to give you some advice, stop betting.  It took me 6 years to finally start betting "the right way"  I'm a college student too, and I'm a senior this year....Oh boy I could go on for hours telling you about all the times I went down and had to go on "payment plans" with my bookies week to week in order to get even....it's HELL.  I'll give you some advice: IF you continue to bet...

    Bet like this...

    What can you afford? I make 500 dollars a week bartending...with my bills I can't lose more than 200 or i'm really cutting things close.

    What do I do? 25 dollars a bet 1/4 unit each bet.  ALLLLL STRAIGHT BETS!!!!! (I know tonight i'm doing something different, but i'm up a good bit this week)

    Betting sports is a lot like playing poker, you have to be patient, allowing your mind you're going to WIN BIG is a losers game.  Winning small over time is how you win in this sport.  Say you lose your first 5 bets...you're only down 125! and guess what, you'll average it back out...who cares if you go down one week that much, you still had fun watching the games didn't you?!  But it's the week you get hot and go up 100 or 200 that at the end of the week you can throw down a parlay or 50-100 dollar bet...Betting like this, I almost always end up with some money at the end of the week, it's not a lot, but it's some extra money for doing what I love, wagering on sports/watching sports. 

    Long story short, pay the 450, join a free betting site like bet-bomb and start studying wagering...nobody besides maybe the 3% of professional cappers are going to go on 25-1 streaks, but if you stay above 500, you're pretty good!  Take some time to figure out "spot bets" and reading lines.  The lines and spots say much more than the players and their history against another team.  Study it, play with the money you got, and be disciplined, and you can enjoy it without the stress.

    BOL BUDDY!

     
    Systemtrend
    Systemtrend
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2013
    Posts: 336
    Posted: Feb. 4, 2014 - 11:42 AM ET #16

    Quit while you're ahead. Being down $450 and quitting forever is coming out ahead.
    Reply
    Quit while you're ahead. Being down $450 and quitting forever is coming out ahead.
     
    warbabypoet
    warbabypoet
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2014
    Posts: 64
    Posted: Feb. 4, 2014 - 12:05 PM ET #17

    your in college so u realize that education is not cheap pay the 450 don't chase and if you still want to follow and keep track make a few educated picks a night and see what the out come is without putting any real money on it this will teach you to be a better capper

    Reply

    your in college so u realize that education is not cheap pay the 450 don't chase and if you still want to follow and keep track make a few educated picks a night and see what the out come is without putting any real money on it this will teach you to be a better capper

     
    Ds0589
    Ds0589
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2007
    Posts: 937
    Posted: Feb. 4, 2014 - 12:23 PM ET #18

    Take Iona tonight vs. Monmouth. I went to Monmouth and while we've played better than I thought we would this season and we've covered the last 2, Iona has a solid offense and will be too much for us to handle I'd suspect at some point tonight. I'm fairly confident in it. Just about as much as Canisius at Fairfield on Saturday which was a similar spread and Canisius won by about 20.
    Reply
    Take Iona tonight vs. Monmouth. I went to Monmouth and while we've played better than I thought we would this season and we've covered the last 2, Iona has a solid offense and will be too much for us to handle I'd suspect at some point tonight. I'm fairly confident in it. Just about as much as Canisius at Fairfield on Saturday which was a similar spread and Canisius won by about 20.
     
    crbravens33
    crbravens33
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2014
    Posts: 205
    Posted: Feb. 4, 2014 - 12:58 PM ET #19

    I agree a lot with Mikey T said.  DO NOT BET MULTIPLE GAMES A NIGHT!  it may work for some but not most.  chose one game you feel u have a good read on and bet that and only that no matter what happens. DO NOT CHASE!  Losing sucks but noone goes undefeated.  The following tips are what I learned from a very experienced capper.

    1. If one side looks too good, consider the other side or stay away

    2. FADE THE PUBLIC.  do not bet on games where 70-80 % of public bets are... they win sometimes but not most of the time.

    3. Watch the lines throughout the day.  Where the line opened and how it is moving... Reverse line movement, real line movement, is the line  holding tight ?  u will learn what are these mean.

    4. dont bet soley on skill...look at the spot.  what has the team done recently and who do they play in the near future.

    5.  Lastly, do your best to figure out what side vegas wants u on and chose the other side ( easier said than done ).  Last night was perfect example.  Portland trailblazers at Wash wizards...Port favored by 1.5.   they were begging you to take portland.  majority of bets were on portland so i took wiz and it hit.  bet small at first and learn as u go.  GL my man.  and stay in college. its worth it trust me. I work as a physician assistant, make a good living, married and bet one a game a night while the wife watches real housewifes or something and its fun as sh*t.  hope this helps my man.  take care and GL to everyone on here.

    Reply

    I agree a lot with Mikey T said.  DO NOT BET MULTIPLE GAMES A NIGHT!  it may work for some but not most.  chose one game you feel u have a good read on and bet that and only that no matter what happens. DO NOT CHASE!  Losing sucks but noone goes undefeated.  The following tips are what I learned from a very experienced capper.

    1. If one side looks too good, consider the other side or stay away

    2. FADE THE PUBLIC.  do not bet on games where 70-80 % of public bets are... they win sometimes but not most of the time.

    3. Watch the lines throughout the day.  Where the line opened and how it is moving... Reverse line movement, real line movement, is the line  holding tight ?  u will learn what are these mean.

    4. dont bet soley on skill...look at the spot.  what has the team done recently and who do they play in the near future.

    5.  Lastly, do your best to figure out what side vegas wants u on and chose the other side ( easier said than done ).  Last night was perfect example.  Portland trailblazers at Wash wizards...Port favored by 1.5.   they were begging you to take portland.  majority of bets were on portland so i took wiz and it hit.  bet small at first and learn as u go.  GL my man.  and stay in college. its worth it trust me. I work as a physician assistant, make a good living, married and bet one a game a night while the wife watches real housewifes or something and its fun as sh*t.  hope this helps my man.  take care and GL to everyone on here.

     
    gofish3
    gofish3
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2008
    Posts: 2709
    Posted: Feb. 4, 2014 - 2:01 PM ET #20

    bunch of Einstein's in here 
    Reply
    bunch of Einstein's in here 
     
    ult1ma
    ult1ma
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 5324
    Posted: Feb. 4, 2014 - 2:06 PM ET #21

    The guys not looking for people to give him a lecture even though most a right in their opinions. He wants a play. Here's a good one buddy.

    NYI/WASH over 5.5 (NHL)
    Or
    NYI/WASH over 1.5 1P
    Reply
    The guys not looking for people to give him a lecture even though most a right in their opinions. He wants a play. Here's a good one buddy.

    NYI/WASH over 5.5 (NHL)
    Or
    NYI/WASH over 1.5 1P
     
    Jmt908
    Jmt908
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 2347
    Posted: Feb. 4, 2014 - 2:11 PM ET #22

    Pick a game you really really really like and bet $500 on the opposite.
    Reply
    Pick a game you really really really like and bet $500 on the opposite.
     
    ChunkyLover53
    ChunkyLover53
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2014
    Posts: 151
    Posted: Feb. 4, 2014 - 2:18 PM ET #23

    The Chunkster is here to save the day. Keep an eye on my threads buddy
    Reply
    The Chunkster is here to save the day. Keep an eye on my threads buddy
     
    nuggins
    nuggins
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2007
    Posts: 4546
    Posted: Feb. 4, 2014 - 2:50 PM ET #24

    [Quote: Originally Posted by ult1ma]   Here's a good one buddy.

    NYI/WASH over 5.5 (NHL)


      
    Reply
    [Quote: Originally Posted by ult1ma]   Here's a good one buddy.

    NYI/WASH over 5.5 (NHL)


      
     
     
    Michfan15
    Michfan15
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 11316
    Posted: Feb. 4, 2014 - 11:13 PM ET #25

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucca:

    Im not tryna to sit here and cry about it. I got the money to pay it out I just wanna lessen it a little cause who just wants to pay out 450. Its not that much compared to other people yea i know, Im in college rn so id rather just have the money. I'm not begging for advice, just askin if people want to just let me some know if they have any "confident plays", which is what i meant by locks. So you guys can chill. That's it, hate on me if you want it don't bother me. Just finishing the week up then I'm done. Just tryna win some money back.

    not worth it at school...450 could have gotten you over a months worth of quality drinking and other shiit.  save the sports betting for after school when you have a job and disposable income.  enjoy the 4 years u get being a drunk, mostly carefree idiot at school because they go by too quick and they truly are some of the most fun years of your life..., youll have plenty of time to bet, work, and pay bills after u graduate 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucca:

    Im not tryna to sit here and cry about it. I got the money to pay it out I just wanna lessen it a little cause who just wants to pay out 450. Its not that much compared to other people yea i know, Im in college rn so id rather just have the money. I'm not begging for advice, just askin if people want to just let me some know if they have any "confident plays", which is what i meant by locks. So you guys can chill. That's it, hate on me if you want it don't bother me. Just finishing the week up then I'm done. Just tryna win some money back.

    not worth it at school...450 could have gotten you over a months worth of quality drinking and other shiit.  save the sports betting for after school when you have a job and disposable income.  enjoy the 4 years u get being a drunk, mostly carefree idiot at school because they go by too quick and they truly are some of the most fun years of your life..., youll have plenty of time to bet, work, and pay bills after u graduate 
    All Forums | NBA Betting Forum
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,459
    • Sunday 10/04/2026 692
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,709
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,366
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 9,081
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,525
    • Lions vs Panthers in game live SNF 1,890
    • This Seattle Line Is Begging for a Discussion 2,835
    • Monday 10/05/2026 369
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,319

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.