If you always hedge and I never hedge, (and we bet the same teams) I will have much more money than you after a short period of time.
When you hedge you're basically selling a ticket for less than what it's worth. You don't want to do that. Sure, you're "guaranteeing" yourself a profit... for that weekend. But what you win is less than what you could be making, in the long run, if you don't hedge.
You will show a profit 100% of the time... and I will only show a profit half the time. (Half the time my initial leg will win and half the time it will lose.) But when all is said and done, after a short period of time my wins will add up to more money than your wins. The links I provided prove this. Take the time to educate yourself and read them.
And no, there is not always a "late" last leg... a leg after the other games have been played.
Hedging comes at a price. You have to pay that price. You cost yourself long term money.
It's like buying insurance when you have a blackjack, if you're familiar with that game and that situation. When you take insurance, you "guarantee" yourself a profit, but it's still a losing play. It costs you money, long term.
It's amazing the number of players here who can't grasp what long term profit means. They're happy to win something... anything... even when it costs them in the long run.
Hedging costs you money, in the long run.
If you always hedge and I never hedge, (and we bet the same teams) I will have much more money than you after a short period of time.
When you hedge you're basically selling a ticket for less than what it's worth. You don't want to do that. Sure, you're "guaranteeing" yourself a profit... for that weekend. But what you win is less than what you could be making, in the long run, if you don't hedge.
You will show a profit 100% of the time... and I will only show a profit half the time. (Half the time my initial leg will win and half the time it will lose.) But when all is said and done, after a short period of time my wins will add up to more money than your wins. The links I provided prove this. Take the time to educate yourself and read them.
And no, there is not always a "late" last leg... a leg after the other games have been played.
Hedging comes at a price. You have to pay that price. You cost yourself long term money.
It's like buying insurance when you have a blackjack, if you're familiar with that game and that situation. When you take insurance, you "guarantee" yourself a profit, but it's still a losing play. It costs you money, long term.
It's amazing the number of players here who can't grasp what long term profit means. They're happy to win something... anything... even when it costs them in the long run.