• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Week 4 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Penalty Box

    The Elimination of the Gas Stove!

    «First Previous 12345 Next Last»
    sundance
    wallstreetcappers
    THEMUGG
    thirdperson
    fubah2
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 494
    Posts: 112
    «First Previous 12345 Next Last»
     
    sundance
    sundance
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2002
    Posts: 16797
    Posted: May. 8, 2023 - 3:57 PM ET #26

    I 2nd that!  Knock!

    peace_5

    Reply

    I 2nd that!  Knock!

    peace_5

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: May. 8, 2023 - 6:43 PM ET #27

    I am sure a few decades ago your angst would be the same about asbestos too right?

    Instead of pulling the insta-lib machine gun out why not see if there is reason to consider that natural gas could put off carcinogens which is harmful?

    I know any and everything that the LIB side says is like acid on your skin but instead of closing your eyes why not see what the reasoning is and if it has any validity?

    It would be very likely your past relatives didnt think that mining coal had negative impacts, we find out all the time that things we thought were safe are not and we adapt. I can for sure see how natural gas would put off carcinogens, and you have a non-stop pilot running on many stoves so in theory it is very possible this is an issue.

    Reply

    I am sure a few decades ago your angst would be the same about asbestos too right?

    Instead of pulling the insta-lib machine gun out why not see if there is reason to consider that natural gas could put off carcinogens which is harmful?

    I know any and everything that the LIB side says is like acid on your skin but instead of closing your eyes why not see what the reasoning is and if it has any validity?

    It would be very likely your past relatives didnt think that mining coal had negative impacts, we find out all the time that things we thought were safe are not and we adapt. I can for sure see how natural gas would put off carcinogens, and you have a non-stop pilot running on many stoves so in theory it is very possible this is an issue.

     
    THEMUGG
    THEMUGG
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 38234
    Posted: May. 8, 2023 - 7:18 PM ET #28

    C'mon Wall.....NG stoves have been working in millions of homes for a few decades now. Had it been a bad idea it would've never been allowed or the harmful carcinogens would've been discovered by now.

     You know what this is.........ignorant, far-left extremists going overboard on something they heard. I don't blame dems in general for this.......NY has a special kind of stupid working for them.

    Reply

    C'mon Wall.....NG stoves have been working in millions of homes for a few decades now. Had it been a bad idea it would've never been allowed or the harmful carcinogens would've been discovered by now.

     You know what this is.........ignorant, far-left extremists going overboard on something they heard. I don't blame dems in general for this.......NY has a special kind of stupid working for them.

     
    sundance
    sundance
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2002
    Posts: 16797
    Posted: May. 8, 2023 - 7:48 PM ET #29

    Thank you Mugg! I could not finish the post by WSC! Liberalism is something else! 

    Reply

    Thank you Mugg! I could not finish the post by WSC! Liberalism is something else! 

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: May. 8, 2023 - 8:32 PM ET #30

    @THEMUGG

     I dont agree. Just because it is an undiscovered issue does not mean it lacks merit. Any combustion puts off carcinogens and the logic of the fact we have been using them for decades is pretty lame, it means nothing.

    sundance, if you keep posting garbage like your last message do not be shocked when you get boxed, it adds no value does not answer a question just more of your stupid liberal bashing nonsense.

    It would not shock me in the slightest to find out as time goes that NG stoves are a cancer risk, the concept of combustion and carcinogens is not voodoo liberal make believe we know it is true. Why not be interested in researching instead of blocking out the thought just because you are a partisan thinking individual?

    Reply

    @THEMUGG

     I dont agree. Just because it is an undiscovered issue does not mean it lacks merit. Any combustion puts off carcinogens and the logic of the fact we have been using them for decades is pretty lame, it means nothing.

    sundance, if you keep posting garbage like your last message do not be shocked when you get boxed, it adds no value does not answer a question just more of your stupid liberal bashing nonsense.

    It would not shock me in the slightest to find out as time goes that NG stoves are a cancer risk, the concept of combustion and carcinogens is not voodoo liberal make believe we know it is true. Why not be interested in researching instead of blocking out the thought just because you are a partisan thinking individual?

     
    thirdperson
    thirdperson
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2005
    Posts: 9436
    Posted: May. 9, 2023 - 1:31 AM ET #31

    Worldwide, growing trend in mostly cities to replace gas stoves with electrical heating in new buildings to address public health and climate concerns.  Buildings are the third largest source of greenhouse gas emissions.  In the US, there is no federal ban on gas stoves and most Americans are unaffected.

    Reply

    Worldwide, growing trend in mostly cities to replace gas stoves with electrical heating in new buildings to address public health and climate concerns.  Buildings are the third largest source of greenhouse gas emissions.  In the US, there is no federal ban on gas stoves and most Americans are unaffected.

     
    THEMUGG
    THEMUGG
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 38234
    Posted: May. 9, 2023 - 9:32 AM ET #32

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    @THEMUGG  I dont agree. Just because it is an undiscovered issue does not mean it lacks merit. Any combustion puts off carcinogens and the logic of the fact we have been using them for decades is pretty lame, it means nothing. sundance, if you keep posting garbage like your last message do not be shocked when you get boxed, it adds no value does not answer a question just more of your stupid liberal bashing nonsense. It would not shock me in the slightest to find out as time goes that NG stoves are a cancer risk, the concept of combustion and carcinogens is not voodoo liberal make believe we know it is true. Why not be interested in researching instead of blocking out the thought just because you are a partisan thinking individual?
    There's nothing partisan about it on my part. Where is the research that says NG DOES cause cancer? I've been using NG for over 20 years, mostly because of the outrageous cost of electricity to heat a home. My smoke/CO2 detector goes off if I burn toast or fart too much.......how come cooking with NG has never triggered it?

     Why do you blindly support the ban......because of partisan belief?

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    @THEMUGG  I dont agree. Just because it is an undiscovered issue does not mean it lacks merit. Any combustion puts off carcinogens and the logic of the fact we have been using them for decades is pretty lame, it means nothing. sundance, if you keep posting garbage like your last message do not be shocked when you get boxed, it adds no value does not answer a question just more of your stupid liberal bashing nonsense. It would not shock me in the slightest to find out as time goes that NG stoves are a cancer risk, the concept of combustion and carcinogens is not voodoo liberal make believe we know it is true. Why not be interested in researching instead of blocking out the thought just because you are a partisan thinking individual?
    There's nothing partisan about it on my part. Where is the research that says NG DOES cause cancer? I've been using NG for over 20 years, mostly because of the outrageous cost of electricity to heat a home. My smoke/CO2 detector goes off if I burn toast or fart too much.......how come cooking with NG has never triggered it?

     Why do you blindly support the ban......because of partisan belief?

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: May. 9, 2023 - 11:35 AM ET #33

    The partisan comment was about the close minded sundance, but you are also partisan for sure not to the extent that member is. So comment not fully meant for you.

    Why do they make carbon monoxide detectors for home use? What would create carbon monoxide? You cant deny or ignore the fact combustion from a science perspective creates carcinogens its not even debatable it just happens and no way to avoid it.

    I dont think you can find a comment I made which says I blindly accept a ban, but what I do blindly accept is the fact combustion creates carcinogens and what that means, where that goes is WORTH investigating. That 100% I do blindly accept.

    Reply

    The partisan comment was about the close minded sundance, but you are also partisan for sure not to the extent that member is. So comment not fully meant for you.

    Why do they make carbon monoxide detectors for home use? What would create carbon monoxide? You cant deny or ignore the fact combustion from a science perspective creates carcinogens its not even debatable it just happens and no way to avoid it.

    I dont think you can find a comment I made which says I blindly accept a ban, but what I do blindly accept is the fact combustion creates carcinogens and what that means, where that goes is WORTH investigating. That 100% I do blindly accept.

     
    fubah2
    fubah2
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2012
    Posts: 53376
    Posted: May. 9, 2023 - 11:52 AM ET #34

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    @THEMUGG  I dont agree. Just because it is an undiscovered issue does not mean it lacks merit. Any combustion puts off carcinogens and the logic of the fact we have been using them for decades is pretty lame, it means nothing.

    Took a long time to assail asbestos as poor for public health too.

    Coal?

    Logical point, WSC!

    Don't even get me started on various parts of typical diets!

    If the investigations prove that burning fossil fuels like NG is good for us then sure, let's keep using it in our gas stoves where a pilot light is also burning. Otherwise, I wanna know.

    Studies have thus shown increased incidence of asthma. Let's be sure, then proceed either way.

     

     

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    @THEMUGG  I dont agree. Just because it is an undiscovered issue does not mean it lacks merit. Any combustion puts off carcinogens and the logic of the fact we have been using them for decades is pretty lame, it means nothing.

    Took a long time to assail asbestos as poor for public health too.

    Coal?

    Logical point, WSC!

    Don't even get me started on various parts of typical diets!

    If the investigations prove that burning fossil fuels like NG is good for us then sure, let's keep using it in our gas stoves where a pilot light is also burning. Otherwise, I wanna know.

    Studies have thus shown increased incidence of asthma. Let's be sure, then proceed either way.

     

     

     

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: May. 9, 2023 - 12:05 PM ET #35

    Leaning further into a reliance on electricity on everything is a mistake in my opinion. California has outlawed gas powered lawn equipment. I was hanging with my best friend and he's got a million batteries for his leaf blower, weed whacker, etc. So I'm like, "So how much time are you getting per charge," laughing of course as I already know the answer. He was like, "I don't know, 5 minutes? I do have a bunch of batteries though." Smh.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Leaning further into a reliance on electricity on everything is a mistake in my opinion. California has outlawed gas powered lawn equipment. I was hanging with my best friend and he's got a million batteries for his leaf blower, weed whacker, etc. So I'm like, "So how much time are you getting per charge," laughing of course as I already know the answer. He was like, "I don't know, 5 minutes? I do have a bunch of batteries though." Smh.

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: May. 9, 2023 - 12:07 PM ET #36

    What happens in a blackout? Can't boil water? Make a can of soup? Heat your house? And can we talk about how much more expensive it is to heat a house electrically as opposed to with natural gas?

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    What happens in a blackout? Can't boil water? Make a can of soup? Heat your house? And can we talk about how much more expensive it is to heat a house electrically as opposed to with natural gas?

     
    scooby-doos
    scooby-doos
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2010
    Posts: 3194
    Posted: May. 9, 2023 - 12:34 PM ET #37

    The sun kills....let's all stay inside and avoid the sun...liberalism is mental disorder 

    Reply

    The sun kills....let's all stay inside and avoid the sun...liberalism is mental disorder 

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: May. 9, 2023 - 1:40 PM ET #38

    Quote Originally Posted by scooby-doos:

    The sun kills....let's all stay inside and avoid the sun...liberalism is mental disorder

    What a stupid reply, how about the ending part you refrain from making and either bring something to the discussion or buzz off?

    Actually the sun does kill.. I live in the SW and prior to living in this region I never had a single issue with skin cancer, yet here I am after having a melanoma surgery, a surgery on my nose for skin cancer, tons of scoops and cuts and 100% it is due to the sun and yes the sun does kill.

    Great contribution, seriously stop being a partisan dope and be open to discussion and reality. You cannot deny that combustion causes carcinogens, if you want to try and prove otherwise please do but keep the stupid comments to yourself.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by scooby-doos:

    The sun kills....let's all stay inside and avoid the sun...liberalism is mental disorder

    What a stupid reply, how about the ending part you refrain from making and either bring something to the discussion or buzz off?

    Actually the sun does kill.. I live in the SW and prior to living in this region I never had a single issue with skin cancer, yet here I am after having a melanoma surgery, a surgery on my nose for skin cancer, tons of scoops and cuts and 100% it is due to the sun and yes the sun does kill.

    Great contribution, seriously stop being a partisan dope and be open to discussion and reality. You cannot deny that combustion causes carcinogens, if you want to try and prove otherwise please do but keep the stupid comments to yourself.

     
    sundance
    sundance
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2002
    Posts: 16797
    Posted: May. 9, 2023 - 1:51 PM ET #39

    I will make sure this thread stays alive and near the top inside the Politics forum of Covers! Just speaking for myself. I have never been told by a legitimate physician to run away at 4.4 speed from a gas stove. I have not developed any cancer from the stove powered by cheap, natural gas!

    Reply

    I will make sure this thread stays alive and near the top inside the Politics forum of Covers! Just speaking for myself. I have never been told by a legitimate physician to run away at 4.4 speed from a gas stove. I have not developed any cancer from the stove powered by cheap, natural gas!

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: May. 9, 2023 - 2:01 PM ET #40

    @sundance

     Solid partisan logic at work sundance, since a doctor has not told you that YOU do not have cancer, then the science behind the reaction which takes place upon combustion does not matter.

    You need to try and be open to the idea that we learn and develop as a species as time goes on. Using your logic we would never have considered that asbestos was a killer and that people dying from it was just nature taking its course. 

    I am open to finding out the extent to which carcinogens from ANYTHING might be harmful. Have you ever wondered why it is code (well at least where I live) to put a gas water heater outside and not inside? I guess that is just for aesthetics not due to the fact it puts off carcinogens which can harm us.

     

    Reply

    @sundance

     Solid partisan logic at work sundance, since a doctor has not told you that YOU do not have cancer, then the science behind the reaction which takes place upon combustion does not matter.

    You need to try and be open to the idea that we learn and develop as a species as time goes on. Using your logic we would never have considered that asbestos was a killer and that people dying from it was just nature taking its course. 

    I am open to finding out the extent to which carcinogens from ANYTHING might be harmful. Have you ever wondered why it is code (well at least where I live) to put a gas water heater outside and not inside? I guess that is just for aesthetics not due to the fact it puts off carcinogens which can harm us.

     

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: May. 9, 2023 - 2:06 PM ET #41

    @StumpTownStu

     I think I read somewhere it is cheaper to run your house with a nuclear reactor in your backyard..lol

    Some places NG is not even an option, like people who live rurally and dealing with a blackout is just part of life. A solution for some is solar, I have an array on my house and in the years Ive had it the issue of blackout never has come up but I wonder what would happen if it did. 

    Some people keep stuff like propane camp gear and sterno or a generator for situations like you suggest, I do not have those things but people have to get creative if it potentially means NG could kill or cause health issues...or find a solution to the release of carcinogens in the house...

    Reply

    @StumpTownStu

     I think I read somewhere it is cheaper to run your house with a nuclear reactor in your backyard..lol

    Some places NG is not even an option, like people who live rurally and dealing with a blackout is just part of life. A solution for some is solar, I have an array on my house and in the years Ive had it the issue of blackout never has come up but I wonder what would happen if it did. 

    Some people keep stuff like propane camp gear and sterno or a generator for situations like you suggest, I do not have those things but people have to get creative if it potentially means NG could kill or cause health issues...or find a solution to the release of carcinogens in the house...

     
    sundance
    sundance
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2002
    Posts: 16797
    Posted: May. 9, 2023 - 2:10 PM ET #42

    Time for golf and drinks! See you gentlemen later! Full disclosure. My best 40 was 4.63 way back in the last century!

    Reply

    Time for golf and drinks! See you gentlemen later! Full disclosure. My best 40 was 4.63 way back in the last century!

     
    scooby-doos
    scooby-doos
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2010
    Posts: 3194
    Posted: May. 9, 2023 - 3:12 PM ET #43

    Stupid just like the banning of gas stoves.   There are studies that show liberals have a higher rate of mental illnesses.  

    Reply

    Stupid just like the banning of gas stoves.   There are studies that show liberals have a higher rate of mental illnesses.  

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: May. 9, 2023 - 3:29 PM ET #44

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    @StumpTownStu  I think I read somewhere it is cheaper to run your house with a nuclear reactor in your backyard..lol Some places NG is not even an option, like people who live rurally and dealing with a blackout is just part of life. A solution for some is solar, I have an array on my house and in the years Ive had it the issue of blackout never has come up but I wonder what would happen if it did.  Some people keep stuff like propane camp gear and sterno or a generator for situations like you suggest, I do not have those things but people have to get creative if it potentially means NG could kill or cause health issues...or find a solution to the release of carcinogens in the house...

    You sound so out of touch. What about the people who don't have solar arrays? Many who live in rural environs have fireplaces and/or wood burning stoves. I'm talking about the poor schmucks who like in urban environments. The ones who heat their entire house with a wall furnace, who cook their food on a gas range and in gas ovens  yet some governments want them off of natural gas. It's more expensive to heat a home and to cook with electricity. We're all impressed that you're an elitist who laughs at these peopleakes a crack about nuclear reactors, then brags about your solar array. The people I'm speaking for don't own their homes and they aren't installing any dang solar arrays.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    @StumpTownStu  I think I read somewhere it is cheaper to run your house with a nuclear reactor in your backyard..lol Some places NG is not even an option, like people who live rurally and dealing with a blackout is just part of life. A solution for some is solar, I have an array on my house and in the years Ive had it the issue of blackout never has come up but I wonder what would happen if it did.  Some people keep stuff like propane camp gear and sterno or a generator for situations like you suggest, I do not have those things but people have to get creative if it potentially means NG could kill or cause health issues...or find a solution to the release of carcinogens in the house...

    You sound so out of touch. What about the people who don't have solar arrays? Many who live in rural environs have fireplaces and/or wood burning stoves. I'm talking about the poor schmucks who like in urban environments. The ones who heat their entire house with a wall furnace, who cook their food on a gas range and in gas ovens  yet some governments want them off of natural gas. It's more expensive to heat a home and to cook with electricity. We're all impressed that you're an elitist who laughs at these peopleakes a crack about nuclear reactors, then brags about your solar array. The people I'm speaking for don't own their homes and they aren't installing any dang solar arrays.

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: May. 9, 2023 - 3:37 PM ET #45

    This is what politicians do, on both sides. Create who issues where there aren't any to mask the fact that they are usually either a, not doing anything, or b, cooking up a scheme to screw people over. Democrats are going over gas stoves, as if that is all of a sudden an issue after God knows how long. Republican are all in an uproar about what books may be inappropriate. Etc, etc, etc. Most of the issues that either party hangs their respective hats on are an absolute farce. I can't believe the topic du jour is gas stoves.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    This is what politicians do, on both sides. Create who issues where there aren't any to mask the fact that they are usually either a, not doing anything, or b, cooking up a scheme to screw people over. Democrats are going over gas stoves, as if that is all of a sudden an issue after God knows how long. Republican are all in an uproar about what books may be inappropriate. Etc, etc, etc. Most of the issues that either party hangs their respective hats on are an absolute farce. I can't believe the topic du jour is gas stoves.

     
    fubah2
    fubah2
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2012
    Posts: 53376
    Posted: May. 9, 2023 - 3:41 PM ET #46

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    Leaning further into a reliance on electricity on everything is a mistake in my opinion.

    Agreed, though with the caveat that fossil fuels usage MUST be reduced (not eliminated!!) significantly and quickly..... other sources must replace fossil fuels.

     

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    Leaning further into a reliance on electricity on everything is a mistake in my opinion.

    Agreed, though with the caveat that fossil fuels usage MUST be reduced (not eliminated!!) significantly and quickly..... other sources must replace fossil fuels.

     

     

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: May. 9, 2023 - 3:47 PM ET #47

    Wally literally typed with a straight face, "...but they could be harmful... the carcinogen!"

    Dude, the mattress you sleep on, the couch you plop down on is full of carcinogens. The single use water bottle you sip from is literally trying to kill you. If you're gonna sit there and act like this has anything to do with what may me harmful to any individual...

    Wait, let me change that. Don't sit there and act like this has anything to do with protecting the people. It's just an agenda being pushed by people in the pockets of so called green/clean energy as opposed to being in the pockets of natural gas/fossil fuels, etc.

    Answer me this, if this is the party of caring for the environment, and of caring for the people, why are the Monsantos of the world able to act with reckless abandoned and essentially complete impunity? That's a bipartisan issue as both parties allow it. This is the issue we're pushing because natural cash might be harmful? It's got nothing to do with pushing people towards electricity, at their own great expense? Got it.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Wally literally typed with a straight face, "...but they could be harmful... the carcinogen!"

    Dude, the mattress you sleep on, the couch you plop down on is full of carcinogens. The single use water bottle you sip from is literally trying to kill you. If you're gonna sit there and act like this has anything to do with what may me harmful to any individual...

    Wait, let me change that. Don't sit there and act like this has anything to do with protecting the people. It's just an agenda being pushed by people in the pockets of so called green/clean energy as opposed to being in the pockets of natural gas/fossil fuels, etc.

    Answer me this, if this is the party of caring for the environment, and of caring for the people, why are the Monsantos of the world able to act with reckless abandoned and essentially complete impunity? That's a bipartisan issue as both parties allow it. This is the issue we're pushing because natural cash might be harmful? It's got nothing to do with pushing people towards electricity, at their own great expense? Got it.

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: May. 9, 2023 - 3:51 PM ET #48

    Quote Originally Posted by fubah2:

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu: Leaning further into a reliance on electricity on everything is a mistake in my opinion. Agreed, though with the caveat that fossil fuels usage MUST be reduced (not eliminated!!) significantly and quickly..... other sources must replace fossil fuels.

    We're on the same page on this issue. I love an investment in renewable. I am a believer in moving away from a reliance of natural gas/fossil fuels. However I'm also practical. And I'm aware that prohibition is almost never the answer. Making it illegal to use natural gas appliances. Making it illegal to use gasoline powered lawn equipment is a joke.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by fubah2:

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu: Leaning further into a reliance on electricity on everything is a mistake in my opinion. Agreed, though with the caveat that fossil fuels usage MUST be reduced (not eliminated!!) significantly and quickly..... other sources must replace fossil fuels.

    We're on the same page on this issue. I love an investment in renewable. I am a believer in moving away from a reliance of natural gas/fossil fuels. However I'm also practical. And I'm aware that prohibition is almost never the answer. Making it illegal to use natural gas appliances. Making it illegal to use gasoline powered lawn equipment is a joke.

     
    fubah2
    fubah2
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2012
    Posts: 53376
    Posted: May. 9, 2023 - 3:52 PM ET #49

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    Quote Originally Posted by scooby-doos: The sun kills....let's all stay inside and avoid the sun...liberalism is mental disorder What a stupid reply, how about the ending part you refrain from making and either bring something to the discussion or buzz off? Actually the sun does kill.. I live in the SW and prior to living in this region I never had a single issue with skin cancer, yet here I am after having a melanoma surgery, a surgery on my nose for skin cancer, tons of scoops and cuts and 100% it is due to the sun and yes the sun does kill.

    Great contribution, seriously stop being a partisan dope and be open to discussion and reality. You cannot deny that combustion causes carcinogens, if you want to try and prove otherwise please do but keep the stupid comments to yourself.

    an_light  peace_5      Logical...... and yes an inappropriate amount of sun can certainly burn, blind, and even kill.

    The new studies on NG inside the home indicate a rising health issue.   More studies needed to confirm. 

    I do not have the answer for alternative fuels - nobody does - certainly not here, but I do know that fossil fuels is  *DEFINITELY NOT* the answer!

    This is about HEALTH and LIFE...... a topic millions of MAGAs don't give 2 hoots about for some ungawdly reason unless it affects them personally and directly.  If it might affect others then tough for them........apparently.

    And of course, if it is an initiative by either a Liberal or a Democrat, NO MATTER WHAT IT IS, then MAGAs are automatically opposed, usually vehemently.

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    Quote Originally Posted by scooby-doos: The sun kills....let's all stay inside and avoid the sun...liberalism is mental disorder What a stupid reply, how about the ending part you refrain from making and either bring something to the discussion or buzz off? Actually the sun does kill.. I live in the SW and prior to living in this region I never had a single issue with skin cancer, yet here I am after having a melanoma surgery, a surgery on my nose for skin cancer, tons of scoops and cuts and 100% it is due to the sun and yes the sun does kill.

    Great contribution, seriously stop being a partisan dope and be open to discussion and reality. You cannot deny that combustion causes carcinogens, if you want to try and prove otherwise please do but keep the stupid comments to yourself.

    an_light  peace_5      Logical...... and yes an inappropriate amount of sun can certainly burn, blind, and even kill.

    The new studies on NG inside the home indicate a rising health issue.   More studies needed to confirm. 

    I do not have the answer for alternative fuels - nobody does - certainly not here, but I do know that fossil fuels is  *DEFINITELY NOT* the answer!

    This is about HEALTH and LIFE...... a topic millions of MAGAs don't give 2 hoots about for some ungawdly reason unless it affects them personally and directly.  If it might affect others then tough for them........apparently.

    And of course, if it is an initiative by either a Liberal or a Democrat, NO MATTER WHAT IT IS, then MAGAs are automatically opposed, usually vehemently.

     

     
     
    fubah2
    fubah2
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2012
    Posts: 53376
    Posted: May. 9, 2023 - 3:57 PM ET #50

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    Making it illegal to use natural gas appliances....

    If further studies, repeat, further studies, confirm a significant health risk then I am in favor, much like I am in favor of seat belts.

    IF it can not be confirmed, then status quo is fine by me.

    But I need confirmation.....

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    Making it illegal to use natural gas appliances....

    If further studies, repeat, further studies, confirm a significant health risk then I am in favor, much like I am in favor of seat belts.

    IF it can not be confirmed, then status quo is fine by me.

    But I need confirmation.....

    All Forums | Penalty Box
    «First Previous 12345 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 450,969
    • Tuesday 09/29/2026 622
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,206
    • Eagles vs Bears in-game live MNF 2,842
    • PART DEUX 300
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,012
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 102,478
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 3,948
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,620
    • the whole problem is knowingly spreading false info to vulnerable people 21,192

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.