• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Week 4 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Penalty Box

    Who gives a hoot...........

    123 ... 789 Next Last»
    SarasotaSlim
    Calde13
    UNIMAN
    StumpTownStu
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 871
    Posts: 212
    123 ... 789 Next Last»
     
    SarasotaSlim
    SarasotaSlim
    Covers Rehab
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 35522
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2025 - 9:20 PM ET #1

    Does anyone realllly care, if the price of eggs is DOWN nearly $2 dollars nationwide?

     

     

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    Does anyone realllly care, if the price of eggs is DOWN nearly $2 dollars nationwide?

     

     

     
    Calde13
    Calde13
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2023
    Posts: 3689
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2025 - 1:27 AM ET #2

    Egg prices spiked out of control because of a bird Flu - so they had to slaughter a lot of hens - even though Trump is doing everything he can to destroy your country for his own gains - I don’t think anyone was holding him responsible for that - btw overall the price is still going up and will continue to do so because he has no clue what he is doing :) so just enjoy the ride

    Don't mention the frogs - we don't want to scare the toddler - we want him to sleep
    Reply

    Egg prices spiked out of control because of a bird Flu - so they had to slaughter a lot of hens - even though Trump is doing everything he can to destroy your country for his own gains - I don’t think anyone was holding him responsible for that - btw overall the price is still going up and will continue to do so because he has no clue what he is doing :) so just enjoy the ride

     
    Calde13
    Calde13
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2023
    Posts: 3689
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2025 - 2:46 AM ET #3

    I came across this Turkish saying don’t know if it applies to anything or anywhere in the world - but thought I would throw it out there an_razz

     

    “When a Clown moves into a palace, he doesn’t become a King. The palace becomes a Circus.” thejester - and to be fair you don’t show up in suit to a night out in a circus 

    Don't mention the frogs - we don't want to scare the toddler - we want him to sleep
    Reply

    I came across this Turkish saying don’t know if it applies to anything or anywhere in the world - but thought I would throw it out there an_razz

     

    “When a Clown moves into a palace, he doesn’t become a King. The palace becomes a Circus.” thejester - and to be fair you don’t show up in suit to a night out in a circus 

     
    SarasotaSlim
    SarasotaSlim
    Covers Rehab
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 35522
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2025 - 3:21 AM ET #4

    Why care about the price of eggs ...care about the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) scheduled to sunset by the end of 2025 is made permanent ...that will more than cover the small increase in the price of eggs...

    Reply

    Why care about the price of eggs ...care about the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) scheduled to sunset by the end of 2025 is made permanent ...that will more than cover the small increase in the price of eggs...

     
    SarasotaSlim
    SarasotaSlim
    Covers Rehab
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 35522
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2025 - 3:34 AM ET #5

    Modern Turkish proverb

     

    “When a sultan moves into a circus, he doesn’t become a clown. The circus becomes a palace."

     

    Reply

    Modern Turkish proverb

     

    “When a sultan moves into a circus, he doesn’t become a clown. The circus becomes a palace."

     

     
    Calde13
    Calde13
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2023
    Posts: 3689
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2025 - 3:54 AM ET #6

    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaSlim:

    Why care about the price of eggs ...care about the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) scheduled to sunset by the end of 2025 is made permanent ...that will more than cover the small increase in the price of eggs...

     

     

    So the stock market is bleeding like crazy because he is doing a good job ? Interesting takean_burningbag I guess we can invent a saying “because people that like you are bigger clowns doesn’t make you less of a clown” maybe that can be suitable to use at some point somewhere in the world - who knowsthejester

    Don't mention the frogs - we don't want to scare the toddler - we want him to sleep
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaSlim:

    Why care about the price of eggs ...care about the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) scheduled to sunset by the end of 2025 is made permanent ...that will more than cover the small increase in the price of eggs...

     

     

    So the stock market is bleeding like crazy because he is doing a good job ? Interesting takean_burningbag I guess we can invent a saying “because people that like you are bigger clowns doesn’t make you less of a clown” maybe that can be suitable to use at some point somewhere in the world - who knowsthejester

     
    SarasotaSlim
    SarasotaSlim
    Covers Rehab
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 35522
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2025 - 5:26 PM ET #7

    Quote Originally Posted by Calde13:

    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaSlim: Why care about the price of eggs ...care about the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) scheduled to sunset by the end of 2025 is made permanent ...that will more than cover the small increase in the price of eggs...     So the stock market is bleeding like crazy because he is doing a good job ? Interesting take I guess we can invent a saying “because people that like you are bigger clowns doesn’t make you less of a clown” maybe that can be suitable to use at some point somewhere in the world - who knows

     

    “Don’t blame a clown for acting like a clown.  Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.”

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Calde13:

    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaSlim: Why care about the price of eggs ...care about the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) scheduled to sunset by the end of 2025 is made permanent ...that will more than cover the small increase in the price of eggs...     So the stock market is bleeding like crazy because he is doing a good job ? Interesting take I guess we can invent a saying “because people that like you are bigger clowns doesn’t make you less of a clown” maybe that can be suitable to use at some point somewhere in the world - who knows

     

    “Don’t blame a clown for acting like a clown.  Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.”

     
    Calde13
    Calde13
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2023
    Posts: 3689
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2025 - 7:26 PM ET #8

    I have never said I don’t find Trump or his followers fascinating - for me it is like going to the Zoo - I guess it is just funny to observe something so far from a normal thinking human-being that yet claim they are - and I am looking at the whole thing from a distance so for me it is more in a lol way I am looking at all this - don’t know how I would feel if I was living there - but that is not likely to ever happen as US is the shithole of the free world (more so now than ever I might add) - I think there are 2-3 Asian countries and a few African I would still choose under the US if I had to move there - so you still have that win

    Don't mention the frogs - we don't want to scare the toddler - we want him to sleep
    Reply

    I have never said I don’t find Trump or his followers fascinating - for me it is like going to the Zoo - I guess it is just funny to observe something so far from a normal thinking human-being that yet claim they are - and I am looking at the whole thing from a distance so for me it is more in a lol way I am looking at all this - don’t know how I would feel if I was living there - but that is not likely to ever happen as US is the shithole of the free world (more so now than ever I might add) - I think there are 2-3 Asian countries and a few African I would still choose under the US if I had to move there - so you still have that win

     
    SarasotaSlim
    SarasotaSlim
    Covers Rehab
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 35522
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2025 - 8:58 PM ET #9

    Quote Originally Posted by Calde13:

    I have never said I don’t find Trump or his followers fascinating - for me it is like going to the Zoo - I guess it is just funny to observe something so far from a normal thinking human-being that yet claim they are - and I am looking at the whole thing from a distance so for me it is more in a lol way I am looking at all this - don’t know how I would feel if I was living there - but that is not likely to ever happen as US is the shithole of the free world (more so now than ever I might add) - I think there are 2-3 Asian countries and a few African I would still choose under the US if I had to move there - so you still have that

    Oh ,,that's right ....I forgot you are living in a country that has been taken over by North African and Middle Eastern immigrants..

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Calde13:

    I have never said I don’t find Trump or his followers fascinating - for me it is like going to the Zoo - I guess it is just funny to observe something so far from a normal thinking human-being that yet claim they are - and I am looking at the whole thing from a distance so for me it is more in a lol way I am looking at all this - don’t know how I would feel if I was living there - but that is not likely to ever happen as US is the shithole of the free world (more so now than ever I might add) - I think there are 2-3 Asian countries and a few African I would still choose under the US if I had to move there - so you still have that

    Oh ,,that's right ....I forgot you are living in a country that has been taken over by North African and Middle Eastern immigrants..

     
    UNIMAN
    UNIMAN
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2014
    Posts: 10454
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2025 - 9:30 PM ET #10

    When a clown moves into a palace men who wear lipstick and dresses are glorified, women bare their breasts on your lawn and cocaine is misplaced in the palace.

    Reply

    When a clown moves into a palace men who wear lipstick and dresses are glorified, women bare their breasts on your lawn and cocaine is misplaced in the palace.

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2025 - 11:09 PM ET #11

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIMAN:

    When a clown moves into a palace men who wear lipstick and dresses are glorified, women bare their breasts on your lawn and cocaine is misplaced in the palace.

    Nobody misplaces cocaine.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIMAN:

    When a clown moves into a palace men who wear lipstick and dresses are glorified, women bare their breasts on your lawn and cocaine is misplaced in the palace.

    Nobody misplaces cocaine.

     
    Calde13
    Calde13
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2023
    Posts: 3689
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2025 - 2:14 AM ET #12

    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaSlim:

    Quote Originally Posted by Calde13: I have never said I don’t find Trump or his followers fascinating - for me it is like going to the Zoo - I guess it is just funny to observe something so far from a normal thinking human-being that yet claim they are - and I am looking at the whole thing from a distance so for me it is more in a lol way I am looking at all this - don’t know how I would feel if I was living there - but that is not likely to ever happen as US is the shithole of the free world (more so now than ever I might add) - I think there are 2-3 Asian countries and a few African I would still choose under the US if I had to move there - so you still have that Oh ,,that's right ....I forgot you are living in a country that has been taken over by North African and Middle Eastern immigrants..

     

     

    You are projecting mate - first of all you are wrong - and secondly does it really make your country better if you were correct ? I don’t feel better because I think yours suck I just wish it was better - but I find peace in the fact that atleast 50% of you guys chose this road yourselfs wasn’t like it was forced on you - and why do you care about my opinion ?- normally it is when you deep down know it is the truth - else who the fuck cares - I don’t give a rats ass what you think about Denmark - you probably can’t even mention 3 facts about us without googling it 

    Don't mention the frogs - we don't want to scare the toddler - we want him to sleep
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaSlim:

    Quote Originally Posted by Calde13: I have never said I don’t find Trump or his followers fascinating - for me it is like going to the Zoo - I guess it is just funny to observe something so far from a normal thinking human-being that yet claim they are - and I am looking at the whole thing from a distance so for me it is more in a lol way I am looking at all this - don’t know how I would feel if I was living there - but that is not likely to ever happen as US is the shithole of the free world (more so now than ever I might add) - I think there are 2-3 Asian countries and a few African I would still choose under the US if I had to move there - so you still have that Oh ,,that's right ....I forgot you are living in a country that has been taken over by North African and Middle Eastern immigrants..

     

     

    You are projecting mate - first of all you are wrong - and secondly does it really make your country better if you were correct ? I don’t feel better because I think yours suck I just wish it was better - but I find peace in the fact that atleast 50% of you guys chose this road yourselfs wasn’t like it was forced on you - and why do you care about my opinion ?- normally it is when you deep down know it is the truth - else who the fuck cares - I don’t give a rats ass what you think about Denmark - you probably can’t even mention 3 facts about us without googling it 

     
    SarasotaSlim
    SarasotaSlim
    Covers Rehab
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 35522
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2025 - 2:50 AM ET #13

    [Quote: Originally Posted by Calde13]Q You are projecting mate - first of all you are wrong - and secondly does it really make your country better if you were correct ? I don’t feel better because I think yours suck I just wish it was better - but I find peace in the fact that atleast 50% of you guys chose this road yourselfs wasn’t like it was forced on you - and why do you care about my opinion ?- normally it is when you deep down know it is the truth - else who the fuck cares - I don’t give a rats ass what you think about Denmark - you probably can’t even mention 3 facts about us without googling it[/Quote]

     

     

    No need to get angry..

    "you probably can’t even mention 3 facts about us without googling it"

    Don't bet on that ..I know two right off the top of my head...

    1.) You guys grow great tulips .

    and

    2.) Make delicious cheese...............an_cheers

    Reply

    [Quote: Originally Posted by Calde13]Q You are projecting mate - first of all you are wrong - and secondly does it really make your country better if you were correct ? I don’t feel better because I think yours suck I just wish it was better - but I find peace in the fact that atleast 50% of you guys chose this road yourselfs wasn’t like it was forced on you - and why do you care about my opinion ?- normally it is when you deep down know it is the truth - else who the fuck cares - I don’t give a rats ass what you think about Denmark - you probably can’t even mention 3 facts about us without googling it[/Quote]

     

     

    No need to get angry..

    "you probably can’t even mention 3 facts about us without googling it"

    Don't bet on that ..I know two right off the top of my head...

    1.) You guys grow great tulips .

    and

    2.) Make delicious cheese...............an_cheers

     
    Calde13
    Calde13
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2023
    Posts: 3689
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2025 - 3:04 AM ET #14

    I'm not angry at all (between US and Denmark I won the lottery being born where I am - so nothing to be angry about) - it's to emphasize how much I don't care about it - that's probably wrong, but well, I'm not native nor even close to being good at English, so I can't emphasize it with fine words etc. - so that is my go to - I will say this about your facts at least I am sure you haven’t googled it thumbs_up

    Don't mention the frogs - we don't want to scare the toddler - we want him to sleep
    Reply

    I'm not angry at all (between US and Denmark I won the lottery being born where I am - so nothing to be angry about) - it's to emphasize how much I don't care about it - that's probably wrong, but well, I'm not native nor even close to being good at English, so I can't emphasize it with fine words etc. - so that is my go to - I will say this about your facts at least I am sure you haven’t googled it thumbs_up

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2025 - 4:32 AM ET #15

    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaSlim:

    Quote Originally Posted by Calde13:

    Q You are projecting mate - first of all you are wrong - and secondly does it really make your country better if you were correct ? I don’t feel better because I think yours suck I just wish it was better - but I find peace in the fact that atleast 50% of you guys chose this road yourselfs wasn’t like it was forced on you - and why do you care about my opinion ?- normally it is when you deep down know it is the truth - else who the fuck cares - I don’t give a rats ass what you think about Denmark - you probably can’t even mention 3 facts about us without googling it
        No need to get angry.. "you probably can’t even mention 3 facts about us without googling it" Don't bet on that ..I know two right off the top of my head... 1.) You guys grow great tulips . and 2.) Make delicious cheese...............

    What about those Royal Dansk cookies though, bro? Is a tin of cookies, or is it grandma's sewing kit? Maybe it's someone's weed stash. The possibilities are endless. Maybe it's filled with paper clips and rubber bands. Knick knacks. Royal Dansk tins are Denmark's greatest export. Not the cookies. The tins.

    Welp, fellas. My poop is done and i'm going back to bed.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaSlim:

    Quote Originally Posted by Calde13:

    Q You are projecting mate - first of all you are wrong - and secondly does it really make your country better if you were correct ? I don’t feel better because I think yours suck I just wish it was better - but I find peace in the fact that atleast 50% of you guys chose this road yourselfs wasn’t like it was forced on you - and why do you care about my opinion ?- normally it is when you deep down know it is the truth - else who the fuck cares - I don’t give a rats ass what you think about Denmark - you probably can’t even mention 3 facts about us without googling it
        No need to get angry.. "you probably can’t even mention 3 facts about us without googling it" Don't bet on that ..I know two right off the top of my head... 1.) You guys grow great tulips . and 2.) Make delicious cheese...............

    What about those Royal Dansk cookies though, bro? Is a tin of cookies, or is it grandma's sewing kit? Maybe it's someone's weed stash. The possibilities are endless. Maybe it's filled with paper clips and rubber bands. Knick knacks. Royal Dansk tins are Denmark's greatest export. Not the cookies. The tins.

    Welp, fellas. My poop is done and i'm going back to bed.

     
    Calde13
    Calde13
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2023
    Posts: 3689
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2025 - 7:02 AM ET #16

    I think pigs are our biggest export item or farmacouticals or windmills etc. we are also the country that has and sell the best kind of christmas trees (so that is also pretty huge) - but yeah I get your point we are good salesmen that can basically sell anything to anybody - that is also the main reason why we are so much better off than you guys.

    Don't mention the frogs - we don't want to scare the toddler - we want him to sleep
    Reply

    I think pigs are our biggest export item or farmacouticals or windmills etc. we are also the country that has and sell the best kind of christmas trees (so that is also pretty huge) - but yeah I get your point we are good salesmen that can basically sell anything to anybody - that is also the main reason why we are so much better off than you guys.

     
    Calde13
    Calde13
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2023
    Posts: 3689
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2025 - 7:10 AM ET #17

    Or maybe it is that our government care about us rather than only caring about pocketing as much money as possible for themselves and their rich friends - it is atleast one of these two that are the main reason

    Don't mention the frogs - we don't want to scare the toddler - we want him to sleep
    Reply

    Or maybe it is that our government care about us rather than only caring about pocketing as much money as possible for themselves and their rich friends - it is atleast one of these two that are the main reason

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2025 - 11:00 AM ET #18

    Quote Originally Posted by Calde13:

    I think pigs are our biggest export item or farmacouticals or windmills etc. we are also the country that has and sell the best kind of christmas trees (so that is also pretty huge) - but yeah I get your point we are good salesmen that can basically sell anything to anybody - that is also the main reason why we are so much better off than you guys.

    You beat me to it! Without google, I know that pharmaceuticals and medical equipment/medical tech are huge exports to the U.S. This relationship started when U.S. citizens started using Royal Dansk tins to store their first aid kits.

    Had that one loaded last night after my last comment but was afraid of my wive waking up and seeing the light from my phone. Without google, I am aware that windmills are also a big export to the U.S. but as far as the best Christmas trees, i'm gonna have to disagree.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Calde13:

    I think pigs are our biggest export item or farmacouticals or windmills etc. we are also the country that has and sell the best kind of christmas trees (so that is also pretty huge) - but yeah I get your point we are good salesmen that can basically sell anything to anybody - that is also the main reason why we are so much better off than you guys.

    You beat me to it! Without google, I know that pharmaceuticals and medical equipment/medical tech are huge exports to the U.S. This relationship started when U.S. citizens started using Royal Dansk tins to store their first aid kits.

    Had that one loaded last night after my last comment but was afraid of my wive waking up and seeing the light from my phone. Without google, I am aware that windmills are also a big export to the U.S. but as far as the best Christmas trees, i'm gonna have to disagree.

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2025 - 11:14 AM ET #19

    @Calde13

     What species of Christmas trees do the Danes grow? For beauty, i'd take a Colorado Blue Spruce over anything Denmark produces but based on geography, i'm sure you guys produce some splendid trees. You guys are probably to far south to have Tundra but right in a goldilocks zone for coniferous forest and Christmas tree production.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    @Calde13

     What species of Christmas trees do the Danes grow? For beauty, i'd take a Colorado Blue Spruce over anything Denmark produces but based on geography, i'm sure you guys produce some splendid trees. You guys are probably to far south to have Tundra but right in a goldilocks zone for coniferous forest and Christmas tree production.

     
    Calde13
    Calde13
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2023
    Posts: 3689
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2025 - 11:26 AM ET #20

    I know that you knew this - so good thing you didn’t wake up the wife - I can remember you have mentioned it before thumbs_up - it is mostly sold to investors from Germany, the Netherlands and UK - I must admit I don’t know that much about it (don’t know the one you mention for instance) but it is called Nordmann Fir - it isn’t considered the best exclusively for its looks but also for how long it last, how the needles feel and how few of its needles that falls of etc - it behave a lot like a fake tree (and it is considered the rolls Royce of Christmas trees in Europe at least)

    Don't mention the frogs - we don't want to scare the toddler - we want him to sleep
    Reply

    I know that you knew this - so good thing you didn’t wake up the wife - I can remember you have mentioned it before thumbs_up - it is mostly sold to investors from Germany, the Netherlands and UK - I must admit I don’t know that much about it (don’t know the one you mention for instance) but it is called Nordmann Fir - it isn’t considered the best exclusively for its looks but also for how long it last, how the needles feel and how few of its needles that falls of etc - it behave a lot like a fake tree (and it is considered the rolls Royce of Christmas trees in Europe at least)

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2025 - 1:56 PM ET #21

    @Calde13

     Of course Nordmann's! I was gonna guess that. Nordmann makes me think norse man. North man but that's not the origin of the name. They're named for some dude. They're also not native to Scandanavia and are grown on farms specifically, much as they are here.

    I talked about Nordmann firs at length, in another thread around Christmas. I had a Nordmann this past Christmas, two in the past 3 years, and 3 in the past 5 years. There are tons of Christmas tree farms around me and Nordmann's have become quite popular. They are quite beautiful. The three I have had are amongst my all-time most beautiful Christmas trees, including childhood. Their longevity and needle retention are second to none. We have been known to leave our tree up for weeks after Christmas so this matters. However, the drawback to Nord's is they have no scent. I found this out after getting my first Nord home. I prefer strong scented Christmas trees. Typically one can find a full Noble that matches the beauty of a Nord while retaining a pleasant Christmas tree scent but rainless stretches during the wet season seems to have effected growth on the farms near me Nord's have just thrived more than the Noble's. They are better suited to handling dry spells.

    With that said, as beautiful as Nordmann's are, I still firmly believe that Colorado Blue Spruce's are by far the most beautiful Christmas tree. They match, if not surpass Nord's for shape, branch spacing, fullness, etc but their color is unmatched. And they smell like a Christmas tree should.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    @Calde13

     Of course Nordmann's! I was gonna guess that. Nordmann makes me think norse man. North man but that's not the origin of the name. They're named for some dude. They're also not native to Scandanavia and are grown on farms specifically, much as they are here.

    I talked about Nordmann firs at length, in another thread around Christmas. I had a Nordmann this past Christmas, two in the past 3 years, and 3 in the past 5 years. There are tons of Christmas tree farms around me and Nordmann's have become quite popular. They are quite beautiful. The three I have had are amongst my all-time most beautiful Christmas trees, including childhood. Their longevity and needle retention are second to none. We have been known to leave our tree up for weeks after Christmas so this matters. However, the drawback to Nord's is they have no scent. I found this out after getting my first Nord home. I prefer strong scented Christmas trees. Typically one can find a full Noble that matches the beauty of a Nord while retaining a pleasant Christmas tree scent but rainless stretches during the wet season seems to have effected growth on the farms near me Nord's have just thrived more than the Noble's. They are better suited to handling dry spells.

    With that said, as beautiful as Nordmann's are, I still firmly believe that Colorado Blue Spruce's are by far the most beautiful Christmas tree. They match, if not surpass Nord's for shape, branch spacing, fullness, etc but their color is unmatched. And they smell like a Christmas tree should.

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2025 - 1:58 PM ET #22

    I'm pretty heavy into Christmas and Christmas trees. Here in Oregon, you can literally just go into the woods and chop down a tree. Five actually. There are guidelines though and it's not as simple as it sounds. I've done it twice but now we stick to the farms. Better to support a local business anyway.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    I'm pretty heavy into Christmas and Christmas trees. Here in Oregon, you can literally just go into the woods and chop down a tree. Five actually. There are guidelines though and it's not as simple as it sounds. I've done it twice but now we stick to the farms. Better to support a local business anyway.

     
    Calde13
    Calde13
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2023
    Posts: 3689
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2025 - 2:11 PM ET #23

    :) I will give you this one - you sound like you know this stuff way better than me - but then it is probably because yours can’t survive the trip all the way over here - yeah I know they don’t originate from here - but they are the best ones those that grow here - because our climate actually are the best for themthumbs_up Hehe you are not far off with your guess I suppose atleast if the name derives from here as Nordmann (the way you would pronounce it in Scandinavia not how it is spelled) does mean “man from/of the north”

    Don't mention the frogs - we don't want to scare the toddler - we want him to sleep
    Reply

    :) I will give you this one - you sound like you know this stuff way better than me - but then it is probably because yours can’t survive the trip all the way over here - yeah I know they don’t originate from here - but they are the best ones those that grow here - because our climate actually are the best for themthumbs_up Hehe you are not far off with your guess I suppose atleast if the name derives from here as Nordmann (the way you would pronounce it in Scandinavia not how it is spelled) does mean “man from/of the north”

     
    Calde13
    Calde13
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2023
    Posts: 3689
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2025 - 2:31 PM ET #24

    Ohh just read that you knew why it was called that thumbs_up but then it is probably named after a guy that came from one of the Nordic countries - it wouldn’t be that weird a surname to have in Iceland, Norway or Finland (it is mostly those 3 countries that still have Norse derived names)

    Don't mention the frogs - we don't want to scare the toddler - we want him to sleep
    Reply

    Ohh just read that you knew why it was called that thumbs_up but then it is probably named after a guy that came from one of the Nordic countries - it wouldn’t be that weird a surname to have in Iceland, Norway or Finland (it is mostly those 3 countries that still have Norse derived names)

     
     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2025 - 3:50 PM ET #25

    Quote Originally Posted by Calde13:

    Ohh just read that you knew why it was called that  but then it is probably named after a guy that came from one of the Nordic countries - it wouldn’t be that weird a surname to have in Iceland, Norway or Finland (it is mostly those 3 countries that still have Norse derived names)

    They are native to the caucasus mountains. And that's definitely not a name from that region. So I would guess that the dude they are named after was the first to cultivate them, and is probably from a nordic country. Or is English but of original Nordic descent is most likely, Nordmann being somewhat anglicized.

    I would guess you guys have the Christmas tree game on lock over there and are probably growing the best specimens of Nord's. They seem to be the current most popular tree in the farms I visit every year, based on the amount planted, but I still prefer Nobles. And as I said, Blue Spruces are my favorite but none of the farms plant them here. I have only had a few in life, and once since living up here. Seems sacrilegious to buy an out of state tree when I live in the pacific northwest, am surrounded by tree farms, as well as native trees in the wild.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Calde13:

    Ohh just read that you knew why it was called that  but then it is probably named after a guy that came from one of the Nordic countries - it wouldn’t be that weird a surname to have in Iceland, Norway or Finland (it is mostly those 3 countries that still have Norse derived names)

    They are native to the caucasus mountains. And that's definitely not a name from that region. So I would guess that the dude they are named after was the first to cultivate them, and is probably from a nordic country. Or is English but of original Nordic descent is most likely, Nordmann being somewhat anglicized.

    I would guess you guys have the Christmas tree game on lock over there and are probably growing the best specimens of Nord's. They seem to be the current most popular tree in the farms I visit every year, based on the amount planted, but I still prefer Nobles. And as I said, Blue Spruces are my favorite but none of the farms plant them here. I have only had a few in life, and once since living up here. Seems sacrilegious to buy an out of state tree when I live in the pacific northwest, am surrounded by tree farms, as well as native trees in the wild.

    All Forums | Penalty Box
    123 ... 789 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 452,444
    • Tuesday 09/29/2026 636
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,211
    • PART DEUX 245
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 6,068
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,016
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 102,481
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 28,798
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,645
    • That’s the game! This will end 3-2 Phillies win. No more runs. Take In Game Live UNDER 5.5 runs (+261) and Phillies to win by EXACTLY 1 runs (+280) 616

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.