• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Politics

    Hillary Clinton Acceptance Speech props on 5Dimes

    12 Next Last»
    scalabrine
    winsome711
    Livan33
    THEMUGG
    destinbeacher
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 2325
    Posts: 39
    12 Next Last»
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Jul. 24, 2016 - 10:47 AM ET #1

    Hillary says Black Lives Matter -115

    Hillary does not say Black Lives Matter +155

     

    Hillary says Obamacare -110

    Hillary does not say Obamacare -130

     

    Hillary says Liberty Bell +700

    Hillary does not say Liberty Bell -1500

     

    Hillary says Cheesesteak +650

    Hillary does not say Cheesesteak -1350

     

    Hillary says Islam -110

    Hillary does not say Islam -130

     

    Hillary says Trump University +150

    Hillary does not say Trump University -190

     

    Hillary says Rocky Balboa +1500

    Hillary does not say Rocky Balboa -4500

     

    Hillary says Obama before Trump -170

    Hillary says Trump before Obama +130

     

    Hillary says Sanders before Trump +130

    Hillary says Trump before Sanders -170

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    Hillary says Black Lives Matter -115

    Hillary does not say Black Lives Matter +155

     

    Hillary says Obamacare -110

    Hillary does not say Obamacare -130

     

    Hillary says Liberty Bell +700

    Hillary does not say Liberty Bell -1500

     

    Hillary says Cheesesteak +650

    Hillary does not say Cheesesteak -1350

     

    Hillary says Islam -110

    Hillary does not say Islam -130

     

    Hillary says Trump University +150

    Hillary does not say Trump University -190

     

    Hillary says Rocky Balboa +1500

    Hillary does not say Rocky Balboa -4500

     

    Hillary says Obama before Trump -170

    Hillary says Trump before Obama +130

     

    Hillary says Sanders before Trump +130

    Hillary says Trump before Sanders -170

     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Jul. 24, 2016 - 10:58 AM ET #2

    I'll have to think about these but these are my gut reactions. No bets in yet.

    I believe she will say Black Lives Matter. 

    Trump made such a point to have speakers say Blue Lives Matter and a Black preacher chant All Lives Matter continuously to whip the RNC crowd into a frenzy that I think the Dems will think it's their responsibility to acknowledge and say the words Black Lives Matter. This group is one of their cornerstones they need to galvanize to get out to the voting booth.

    It's a bit iffy though with the police assassinations. I have to research what she has said publicly since the shootings with regard to BLM and if she said those very words.

    I would think she will not say the word "Islam".

    There is a raging debate in the political arena as to whether we should be using the words Islamic Terrorism. If she doesn't say that (and she won't) I can't see why she'd say Islam. But there have been attacks of late and more to come acknowledging ISIS etc. so this ones a bit on shaky ground. If it was the full phrase, will NOT "Islamic Terrorism", it would be a guarantee but Islam is more benign.

    I can't see how she says Sanders before Trump.

    Trump came after her with everything he had, including Christie's speech and I think she and her writers are frothing at the mouth to come back at him with double the firepower.

    The others are uncertain or don't have much value IMO.

    Those are just the initial thoughts, but no bets in yet. Things will be more solidified later in the week. I will say NONE of these have the value that Trump NOT saying BLM had but you get far better lines here too. More risk, more reward.

    Reply

    I'll have to think about these but these are my gut reactions. No bets in yet.

    I believe she will say Black Lives Matter. 

    Trump made such a point to have speakers say Blue Lives Matter and a Black preacher chant All Lives Matter continuously to whip the RNC crowd into a frenzy that I think the Dems will think it's their responsibility to acknowledge and say the words Black Lives Matter. This group is one of their cornerstones they need to galvanize to get out to the voting booth.

    It's a bit iffy though with the police assassinations. I have to research what she has said publicly since the shootings with regard to BLM and if she said those very words.

    I would think she will not say the word "Islam".

    There is a raging debate in the political arena as to whether we should be using the words Islamic Terrorism. If she doesn't say that (and she won't) I can't see why she'd say Islam. But there have been attacks of late and more to come acknowledging ISIS etc. so this ones a bit on shaky ground. If it was the full phrase, will NOT "Islamic Terrorism", it would be a guarantee but Islam is more benign.

    I can't see how she says Sanders before Trump.

    Trump came after her with everything he had, including Christie's speech and I think she and her writers are frothing at the mouth to come back at him with double the firepower.

    The others are uncertain or don't have much value IMO.

    Those are just the initial thoughts, but no bets in yet. Things will be more solidified later in the week. I will say NONE of these have the value that Trump NOT saying BLM had but you get far better lines here too. More risk, more reward.

     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Jul. 24, 2016 - 12:44 PM ET #3

    Just listened to Hillary's speech when she announced her VP and the previous one in Florida and she did not say BLM, so I have to listen to more speeches and use the speakers leading up to Hillary as a litmus test for what she will say in this regard.

    Not surprisingly, Trump was said in both speeches within the first 3 minutes and Bernie was not mentioned at all in either.
    Reply
    Just listened to Hillary's speech when she announced her VP and the previous one in Florida and she did not say BLM, so I have to listen to more speeches and use the speakers leading up to Hillary as a litmus test for what she will say in this regard.

    Not surprisingly, Trump was said in both speeches within the first 3 minutes and Bernie was not mentioned at all in either.
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Jul. 24, 2016 - 3:06 PM ET #4

    I've gotten through Hillary's 3 most recent campaign speeches before the convention and she's been very careful NOT to mention Black Lives Matter.

    She even defended the boys in blue in a speech in Florida before she criticized Trump for his dog whistle racism. Interesting and informative for this bet.

    Right now, the NOT say Black Lives Matter bet has he value but I will listen to some more speeches before finalizing. 
    Reply
    I've gotten through Hillary's 3 most recent campaign speeches before the convention and she's been very careful NOT to mention Black Lives Matter.

    She even defended the boys in blue in a speech in Florida before she criticized Trump for his dog whistle racism. Interesting and informative for this bet.

    Right now, the NOT say Black Lives Matter bet has he value but I will listen to some more speeches before finalizing. 
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Jul. 25, 2016 - 12:09 AM ET #5

    Well folks 5Dimes just added a prop bet that is giving away more FREE MONEY and further exemplifies the books don't know what the hell they are doing with exotics.

    Yes, you'll eat chalk but it's about putting the bet in now and collecting on Thursday.

    On 5Dimes they just added:

    Hillary will NOT say "Blue Lives Matter" -280

    Folks, I don't care what you think about Black Lives Matter or Blue Lives Matter.

    No one cares what you are I think when it comes to making money.

    The backstory on Blue Lives Matter is this: Whether or not there was good intent to honor cops with that phrase, Black Lives Matter and Democrats in the highest of positions simply do not say this phrase because they believe it to be a direct affront and/or mockery of the phrase and movement that is Black Lives Matter.

    For Hillary to say these words is to essentially insult the BLM movement, on the grandest of all stages, from the very movement she need overwhelming support and votes from as Trump nips at her heels in battleground states!

    I just finish watching 6 hours of campaign speeches Hillary made today and she didn't even remotely approach saying such a Blue Lives Matter, never mind say the words in full!

    So again, I have no idea where the hell the books got off making such a line but this one is Free Money. She will not say this phrase.

    The other ones above have some risk involved for better odds. But I'd put Will not Say Blue Lives Matter at -5000 if I were a line setter.

    -280 is laughable.Books are just pulling the line out of their a** and the line will only skyrocket when people see it.

    Reply

    Well folks 5Dimes just added a prop bet that is giving away more FREE MONEY and further exemplifies the books don't know what the hell they are doing with exotics.

    Yes, you'll eat chalk but it's about putting the bet in now and collecting on Thursday.

    On 5Dimes they just added:

    Hillary will NOT say "Blue Lives Matter" -280

    Folks, I don't care what you think about Black Lives Matter or Blue Lives Matter.

    No one cares what you are I think when it comes to making money.

    The backstory on Blue Lives Matter is this: Whether or not there was good intent to honor cops with that phrase, Black Lives Matter and Democrats in the highest of positions simply do not say this phrase because they believe it to be a direct affront and/or mockery of the phrase and movement that is Black Lives Matter.

    For Hillary to say these words is to essentially insult the BLM movement, on the grandest of all stages, from the very movement she need overwhelming support and votes from as Trump nips at her heels in battleground states!

    I just finish watching 6 hours of campaign speeches Hillary made today and she didn't even remotely approach saying such a Blue Lives Matter, never mind say the words in full!

    So again, I have no idea where the hell the books got off making such a line but this one is Free Money. She will not say this phrase.

    The other ones above have some risk involved for better odds. But I'd put Will not Say Blue Lives Matter at -5000 if I were a line setter.

    -280 is laughable.Books are just pulling the line out of their a** and the line will only skyrocket when people see it.

     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Jul. 25, 2016 - 12:41 AM ET #6

    Another bet that is finalized.

    This one is just about Free Money once again and you get great odds with this:

    Hillary will not say "All Lives Matter" +125

    Just like Blue Lives Matter, the phrase All Lives Matter is looked at as insulting to the BLM movement. 

    As a Democrat you simply can't say it.

    As a Democrat accepting the nomination for President, you definitely can't say it.

    Hillary has said this phrase just once publicly in Ferguson, and she was roundly chastised for it here:

    But she's now facing criticism on social media after using the phrase "all lives matter" — which has been used by some as pushback to the phrase "black lives matter." The latter phrase, which hung on a banner outside the church, was widely used by protesters in Ferguson and other cities.

    Before using the phrase, Clinton was retelling an anecdote about the lessons she learned from her mother.

    "I asked her, 'What kept you going?' Her answer was very simple. Kindness along the way from someone who believed she mattered. All lives matter."

    To some in the pews, what Clinton said fell flat. Or worse:

    "With her statement that all lives matter, that blew a lot of support that she may have been able to engender here," said Renita Lamkin, a pastor at the St. John AME Church in St. Charles. She is white and while protesting in Ferguson was hit in the gut with a rubber bullet. Her passion comes in part because her children are African-American.

    "My children matter," she said. "And I need to hear my president say that the lives of my children matter. That my little black children matter. Because right now our society does not say that they matter. Black lives matter. That's what she needs to say."

    Clinton's campaign points out she did say "black lives matter," late last year. But that didn't stop a flood of complaints on Facebook and Twitter after Clinton's speech.

    You think she'll use it again? She hasn't said those words since that day.

    You think her speechwriters aren't aware of this?

    Come on.

    I have NO IDEA how the books set these odds unless they have the transcript of the speech. And I don't even think the speech is fully written yet!

    Reply

    Another bet that is finalized.

    This one is just about Free Money once again and you get great odds with this:

    Hillary will not say "All Lives Matter" +125

    Just like Blue Lives Matter, the phrase All Lives Matter is looked at as insulting to the BLM movement. 

    As a Democrat you simply can't say it.

    As a Democrat accepting the nomination for President, you definitely can't say it.

    Hillary has said this phrase just once publicly in Ferguson, and she was roundly chastised for it here:

    But she's now facing criticism on social media after using the phrase "all lives matter" — which has been used by some as pushback to the phrase "black lives matter." The latter phrase, which hung on a banner outside the church, was widely used by protesters in Ferguson and other cities.

    Before using the phrase, Clinton was retelling an anecdote about the lessons she learned from her mother.

    "I asked her, 'What kept you going?' Her answer was very simple. Kindness along the way from someone who believed she mattered. All lives matter."

    To some in the pews, what Clinton said fell flat. Or worse:

    "With her statement that all lives matter, that blew a lot of support that she may have been able to engender here," said Renita Lamkin, a pastor at the St. John AME Church in St. Charles. She is white and while protesting in Ferguson was hit in the gut with a rubber bullet. Her passion comes in part because her children are African-American.

    "My children matter," she said. "And I need to hear my president say that the lives of my children matter. That my little black children matter. Because right now our society does not say that they matter. Black lives matter. That's what she needs to say."

    Clinton's campaign points out she did say "black lives matter," late last year. But that didn't stop a flood of complaints on Facebook and Twitter after Clinton's speech.

    You think she'll use it again? She hasn't said those words since that day.

    You think her speechwriters aren't aware of this?

    Come on.

    I have NO IDEA how the books set these odds unless they have the transcript of the speech. And I don't even think the speech is fully written yet!

     
    winsome711
    winsome711
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2016
    Posts: 9
    Posted: Jul. 25, 2016 - 2:06 AM ET #7

    Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:

    Hillary says Black Lives Matter -115

    Hillary does not say Black Lives Matter +155

     

    Wow I'll take 1.15 million on says black lives matter, and I'd also like 843k on does not say black lives matter 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:

    Hillary says Black Lives Matter -115

    Hillary does not say Black Lives Matter +155

     

    Wow I'll take 1.15 million on says black lives matter, and I'd also like 843k on does not say black lives matter 
     
    Livan33
    Livan33
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2008
    Posts: 907
    Posted: Jul. 25, 2016 - 8:57 AM ET #8

    This is great stuff, thanks Scal. I'm assuming you were one of the people that was repeatedly hitting the $25 maximum on these this morning. Not sure I've ever bet the max on a prop before haha.
    Reply
    This is great stuff, thanks Scal. I'm assuming you were one of the people that was repeatedly hitting the $25 maximum on these this morning. Not sure I've ever bet the max on a prop before haha.
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Jul. 25, 2016 - 10:13 AM ET #9

    Quote Originally Posted by Livan33:

    This is great stuff, thanks Scal. I'm assuming you were one of the people that was repeatedly hitting the $25 maximum on these this morning. Not sure I've ever bet the max on a prop before haha.

    Sadly 5Dimes has realized how much exposure they have with these exotics (which boils down to random line-setting in our favor so they just cap it because of their laziness).

    I can't tell you how livid I was when I saw Trump and Hillary had $25 Max's on these. All this work...Anyhow, they can get a progressive parlay off on a nice foot right?

    I watched her six most recent speeches.

    Not only didn't she say Blue or All Lived matter, she said Black Lives Matter in nearly 4/5 hours of speaking exactly once and that was 5 speeches ago. And that was the day after the Dallas shooting. She had not said those words in the last 4 speeches. So Blue and All are more than off the table and I'll be very interested to see if Black is even mentioned. 

    She also spoke said "Sanders" in one of 6 speeches. And not surprisingly that was the speech he came to endorse her with. Every other speech including her 4 most recent ones had not a single mention of Sanders. Trump was mentioned in every speech several times.

    Just observations. The above bets are set in stone. For a whopping $25 a head




    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Livan33:

    This is great stuff, thanks Scal. I'm assuming you were one of the people that was repeatedly hitting the $25 maximum on these this morning. Not sure I've ever bet the max on a prop before haha.

    Sadly 5Dimes has realized how much exposure they have with these exotics (which boils down to random line-setting in our favor so they just cap it because of their laziness).

    I can't tell you how livid I was when I saw Trump and Hillary had $25 Max's on these. All this work...Anyhow, they can get a progressive parlay off on a nice foot right?

    I watched her six most recent speeches.

    Not only didn't she say Blue or All Lived matter, she said Black Lives Matter in nearly 4/5 hours of speaking exactly once and that was 5 speeches ago. And that was the day after the Dallas shooting. She had not said those words in the last 4 speeches. So Blue and All are more than off the table and I'll be very interested to see if Black is even mentioned. 

    She also spoke said "Sanders" in one of 6 speeches. And not surprisingly that was the speech he came to endorse her with. Every other speech including her 4 most recent ones had not a single mention of Sanders. Trump was mentioned in every speech several times.

    Just observations. The above bets are set in stone. For a whopping $25 a head




     
    Livan33
    Livan33
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2008
    Posts: 907
    Posted: Jul. 25, 2016 - 2:30 PM ET #10

    So at this point you're playing:

    Doesn't say blue lives
    Doesn't say all lives
    Doesn't say black lives
    Trump before Sanders

    Do I have that right?
    Reply
    So at this point you're playing:

    Doesn't say blue lives
    Doesn't say all lives
    Doesn't say black lives
    Trump before Sanders

    Do I have that right?
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Jul. 25, 2016 - 6:57 PM ET #11

    Quote Originally Posted by Livan33:

    So at this point you're playing:

    Doesn't say blue lives
    Doesn't say all lives
    Doesn't say black lives
    Trump before Sanders

    Do I have that right?

    The first two yes. Those have been put in at the odds above.

    As discussed, these odds have skyrocketed so we got in at the right time.

    Does not say Blue Lives Matter has shot up from -280 to -530 (and rightfully so. That's a winner).

    Does not say All lives matter has gone from +125 to -300 (another winner. She hasn't said those words in 6 straight speeches or at any public appearance since early June).

    Now onto the other two:

    Does not say Black Lives Matter has shot up to +220.

    Now the moneymakers in these exotics are heavy chalk and very slight +ML's.

    +220 is a hefty + ML.

    Again, she has said it ONCE in TWO MONTHS and it was more in passing. The problem is that Trump went out of his way to defame BLM with the black preachers and black police chiefs she may just throw them a bone by saying it.

    I would only bet the +220 if I did bet it given her previous speeches but I'm going to lay off this one.

     

    Now to the last one. In 6 of 7 speeches, she didn't say Sanders once.

    But now we have this entire DNC leak. And the problem with the DNC leak is this:

    She can come right out and address Sanders to pander to his voting base with some sort of contrition (votes she desperately needs) or not mention him at all.

    This latest development complicates the bet so I'm taking my $25 and laying off for now.

     

    BUT we are not done! So don't put your Andrew Jackson and Lincoln in your pocket just yet!

    Does not say Mike Pence at -155 is on my radar.

    Why?

    There is FAR too much to attack with Trump than to waste even a second of your breath on going after Mike Pence. No one cares about Mike Pence.

    But there's even more reason not to go after Pence. His worst political moment came when he said there were definitely WMD's FOUND in Iraq, a position even Bush and Cheney wouldn't affirm.

    He claimed we most certainly found them, an outlandish position for which there was and still is no evidence.

    Well guess what was one of HIllary's worst political moments:

    Voting to go to war with Iraq.

    Go after Pence at all on Iraq and you remind everyone of your vote.

    So I'm going to look into what are nice little odds here for the start of a progressive parlay. Won't say Mike Pence at -155 is on the radar but I haven't put it in yet.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Livan33:

    So at this point you're playing:

    Doesn't say blue lives
    Doesn't say all lives
    Doesn't say black lives
    Trump before Sanders

    Do I have that right?

    The first two yes. Those have been put in at the odds above.

    As discussed, these odds have skyrocketed so we got in at the right time.

    Does not say Blue Lives Matter has shot up from -280 to -530 (and rightfully so. That's a winner).

    Does not say All lives matter has gone from +125 to -300 (another winner. She hasn't said those words in 6 straight speeches or at any public appearance since early June).

    Now onto the other two:

    Does not say Black Lives Matter has shot up to +220.

    Now the moneymakers in these exotics are heavy chalk and very slight +ML's.

    +220 is a hefty + ML.

    Again, she has said it ONCE in TWO MONTHS and it was more in passing. The problem is that Trump went out of his way to defame BLM with the black preachers and black police chiefs she may just throw them a bone by saying it.

    I would only bet the +220 if I did bet it given her previous speeches but I'm going to lay off this one.

     

    Now to the last one. In 6 of 7 speeches, she didn't say Sanders once.

    But now we have this entire DNC leak. And the problem with the DNC leak is this:

    She can come right out and address Sanders to pander to his voting base with some sort of contrition (votes she desperately needs) or not mention him at all.

    This latest development complicates the bet so I'm taking my $25 and laying off for now.

     

    BUT we are not done! So don't put your Andrew Jackson and Lincoln in your pocket just yet!

    Does not say Mike Pence at -155 is on my radar.

    Why?

    There is FAR too much to attack with Trump than to waste even a second of your breath on going after Mike Pence. No one cares about Mike Pence.

    But there's even more reason not to go after Pence. His worst political moment came when he said there were definitely WMD's FOUND in Iraq, a position even Bush and Cheney wouldn't affirm.

    He claimed we most certainly found them, an outlandish position for which there was and still is no evidence.

    Well guess what was one of HIllary's worst political moments:

    Voting to go to war with Iraq.

    Go after Pence at all on Iraq and you remind everyone of your vote.

    So I'm going to look into what are nice little odds here for the start of a progressive parlay. Won't say Mike Pence at -155 is on the radar but I haven't put it in yet.

     
    Livan33
    Livan33
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2008
    Posts: 907
    Posted: Jul. 25, 2016 - 11:35 PM ET #12

    Love the analysis! Makes a lot of sense. Keep us posted on what you decide 
    Reply
    Love the analysis! Makes a lot of sense. Keep us posted on what you decide 
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Jul. 26, 2016 - 12:13 AM ET #13

    Well Livian,

    The heavy hitters were all out tonight: Michelle, Warren, and Bernie.

    That's about as big a 3 as a big 3 can be at a DNC.

    Now I'll have to go back and read the transcripts if I can get my hands on them but none of them said Black Lives Matters.

    Not even Michelle. (Someone correct me if I am wrong but I didn't hear it once).

    Now when you have two bets: Say and Doesn't Say, it's obvious that "Say" is harder to achieve. And right now, say is heavy chalk for the words BLM. That is a hard bet to hit with all that chalk. BLM is not the word Trump. The speechwriters have to put a specific phrase in the speech.

    Right now, I'm definitely leaning Does Not say BLM and it's sitting there at a sweet +170.

    As reported by the Daily News, Trump has ONE PERCENT of the Black Vote!

    If she says it or doesn't say it, no blacks are defecting to Trump!

    And now with the DNC wiki-leaks fraud against Bernie, her base, the white Bernie supporters are the ones to be pandered to and I'm not sure they are in the mood to hear about BLM over progressive politics like fully subsidized college tuition. She absolutely needs those votes far beyond the black vote that she already has (they just have to show up at the polls for her which is a worry but Bill can get them going).

    Right now Does not say "All Lives Matter" is -600

    Right now Does not say "Blue Lives Matter is -580.

    LOL that Blue lives has more value than All Lives!

    So we got in with massive value on both.

    I'm really thinking she's not going to say "Lives Matter" of any kind.

    And here's the kicker:

    I just finished reading the transcript of the speech she gave to the NAACP here on July 18, 2016...THE NAACP FOLKS:

     

    https://fortune.com/2016/07/18/hillary-clinton-speech-naacp-transcript/

     

    And get this...she did not say Black Lives Matter in that speech!

    Now if you are not going to say it to that room, how in the world are you going to say it in Philly at the DNC (and she hasn't said it in her 5 most recent speeches either).

    Since we are going to win with Blue and All and we will be up regardless, we can freeroll. Fu** it. It's $25 for god's sake.

    Let's take our big $25 smackers and nab the +170 while it's still there with:

    She Does Not say Black Lives Matter.

     

    Reply

    Well Livian,

    The heavy hitters were all out tonight: Michelle, Warren, and Bernie.

    That's about as big a 3 as a big 3 can be at a DNC.

    Now I'll have to go back and read the transcripts if I can get my hands on them but none of them said Black Lives Matters.

    Not even Michelle. (Someone correct me if I am wrong but I didn't hear it once).

    Now when you have two bets: Say and Doesn't Say, it's obvious that "Say" is harder to achieve. And right now, say is heavy chalk for the words BLM. That is a hard bet to hit with all that chalk. BLM is not the word Trump. The speechwriters have to put a specific phrase in the speech.

    Right now, I'm definitely leaning Does Not say BLM and it's sitting there at a sweet +170.

    As reported by the Daily News, Trump has ONE PERCENT of the Black Vote!

    If she says it or doesn't say it, no blacks are defecting to Trump!

    And now with the DNC wiki-leaks fraud against Bernie, her base, the white Bernie supporters are the ones to be pandered to and I'm not sure they are in the mood to hear about BLM over progressive politics like fully subsidized college tuition. She absolutely needs those votes far beyond the black vote that she already has (they just have to show up at the polls for her which is a worry but Bill can get them going).

    Right now Does not say "All Lives Matter" is -600

    Right now Does not say "Blue Lives Matter is -580.

    LOL that Blue lives has more value than All Lives!

    So we got in with massive value on both.

    I'm really thinking she's not going to say "Lives Matter" of any kind.

    And here's the kicker:

    I just finished reading the transcript of the speech she gave to the NAACP here on July 18, 2016...THE NAACP FOLKS:

     

    https://fortune.com/2016/07/18/hillary-clinton-speech-naacp-transcript/

     

    And get this...she did not say Black Lives Matter in that speech!

    Now if you are not going to say it to that room, how in the world are you going to say it in Philly at the DNC (and she hasn't said it in her 5 most recent speeches either).

    Since we are going to win with Blue and All and we will be up regardless, we can freeroll. Fu** it. It's $25 for god's sake.

    Let's take our big $25 smackers and nab the +170 while it's still there with:

    She Does Not say Black Lives Matter.

     

     
    THEMUGG
    THEMUGG
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 38234
    Posted: Jul. 26, 2016 - 3:19 AM ET #14

    Reply
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Jul. 26, 2016 - 6:51 AM ET #15

    Quote Originally Posted by THEMUGG:

    This is the reason you get such good odds on these bets.

    Posters like this waltz in and say, "Oh come on, she HAS to say Black Lives Matter! It's Hillary Clinton for god's sake!"

    Then they realize they did absolutely no research for the pick and the people who did do the research showed that she didn't say those words to the very crowd who you'd expect it to be said to the most...by far...the NAACP.

    No matter. It's burning money bag time. It's a free roll anyhow. The first two will hit.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by THEMUGG:

    This is the reason you get such good odds on these bets.

    Posters like this waltz in and say, "Oh come on, she HAS to say Black Lives Matter! It's Hillary Clinton for god's sake!"

    Then they realize they did absolutely no research for the pick and the people who did do the research showed that she didn't say those words to the very crowd who you'd expect it to be said to the most...by far...the NAACP.

    No matter. It's burning money bag time. It's a free roll anyhow. The first two will hit.

     
    Livan33
    Livan33
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2008
    Posts: 907
    Posted: Jul. 26, 2016 - 7:49 AM ET #16

    I'm guessing you might have noticed this already, but they've increased the limits (at least on does not say black lives matter anyway).
    Reply
    I'm guessing you might have noticed this already, but they've increased the limits (at least on does not say black lives matter anyway).
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Jul. 26, 2016 - 7:58 AM ET #17

    Wow! How convenient! When I wanted to drop $250 on will not say All Lives matter at +125 it'sa  $25 limit. 

    Now at -600 they'll gladly take the $250!

    Of course the shakiest of the 3 gets the increase limit. Unbelievable.

    Thanks for pointing this out Livian. I never would have went back and checked.
    Reply
    Wow! How convenient! When I wanted to drop $250 on will not say All Lives matter at +125 it'sa  $25 limit. 

    Now at -600 they'll gladly take the $250!

    Of course the shakiest of the 3 gets the increase limit. Unbelievable.

    Thanks for pointing this out Livian. I never would have went back and checked.
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Jul. 26, 2016 - 10:06 AM ET #18

    I finished reading the DNC speech transcripts for Michelle, Bernie, and Warren and even went as far as reading Al Fraken's and Demi Lovato's.

    It is confirmed: None of them said Black Lives Matters.

    I think the point here is that the issues BLM are protesting can be spoken about eloquently and accurately in a speech, without having to say the words Black Lives Matter which will turn the heads of even the police in the building. 

    I think, like last night's speakers, Hillary will follow this course of action.

    And Hillary just doesn't say it on top of that (only one mention in nearly a month).

    Let's see if that shifts with tonight's speakers but the heavy hitters are all gone (except for Slick Willy of course).





    Reply
    I finished reading the DNC speech transcripts for Michelle, Bernie, and Warren and even went as far as reading Al Fraken's and Demi Lovato's.

    It is confirmed: None of them said Black Lives Matters.

    I think the point here is that the issues BLM are protesting can be spoken about eloquently and accurately in a speech, without having to say the words Black Lives Matter which will turn the heads of even the police in the building. 

    I think, like last night's speakers, Hillary will follow this course of action.

    And Hillary just doesn't say it on top of that (only one mention in nearly a month).

    Let's see if that shifts with tonight's speakers but the heavy hitters are all gone (except for Slick Willy of course).





     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Jul. 26, 2016 - 9:31 PM ET #19

    Well Livian,

    Ya can't make it up when it comes to gambling. 

    There is the personal and then there is the bet.

    Personally I loved seeing the mothers of the recent slain on stage to represent the the lives that have passed. Extremely moving.

    Now to the bet:

    One of the mothers said these exact words:

    "Hillary Clinton is not afraid to say Black Lives Matter"

    I mean, are you kidding me? She called     her      out!


    It's like she works for 5dimes!

    Can't make it up when it comes to gambling...
    Reply
    Well Livian,

    Ya can't make it up when it comes to gambling. 

    There is the personal and then there is the bet.

    Personally I loved seeing the mothers of the recent slain on stage to represent the the lives that have passed. Extremely moving.

    Now to the bet:

    One of the mothers said these exact words:

    "Hillary Clinton is not afraid to say Black Lives Matter"

    I mean, are you kidding me? She called     her      out!


    It's like she works for 5dimes!

    Can't make it up when it comes to gambling...
     
    destinbeacher
    destinbeacher
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2016
    Posts: 152
    Posted: Jul. 26, 2016 - 9:40 PM ET #20

    Well damnit, I'd love to jump in on these odds, but Heritage doesn't offer these props. Hope you nail it! I'll be watching!
    Reply
    Well damnit, I'd love to jump in on these odds, but Heritage doesn't offer these props. Hope you nail it! I'll be watching!
     
    samuelsosa
    samuelsosa
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 10988
    Posted: Jul. 26, 2016 - 10:25 PM ET #21

    Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:

    Well Livian,

    Ya can't make it up when it comes to gambling. 

    There is the personal and then there is the bet.

    Personally I loved seeing the mothers of the recent slain on stage to represent the the lives that have passed. Extremely moving.

    Now to the bet:

    One of the mothers said these exact words:

    "Hillary Clinton is not afraid to say Black Lives Matter"

    I mean, are you kidding me? She called     her      out!


    It's like she works for 5dimes!

    Can't make it up when it comes to gambling...
     A political prop the fix is in
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:

    Well Livian,

    Ya can't make it up when it comes to gambling. 

    There is the personal and then there is the bet.

    Personally I loved seeing the mothers of the recent slain on stage to represent the the lives that have passed. Extremely moving.

    Now to the bet:

    One of the mothers said these exact words:

    "Hillary Clinton is not afraid to say Black Lives Matter"

    I mean, are you kidding me? She called     her      out!


    It's like she works for 5dimes!

    Can't make it up when it comes to gambling...
     A political prop the fix is in
     
    Livan33
    Livan33
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2008
    Posts: 907
    Posted: Jul. 27, 2016 - 9:32 AM ET #22

    Damn that's crazy. Noticed odds for all three "lives matter" bets have moved against us this morning.
    Reply
    Damn that's crazy. Noticed odds for all three "lives matter" bets have moved against us this morning.
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Jul. 27, 2016 - 10:29 AM ET #23

    Quote Originally Posted by samuelsosa:

     A political prop the fix is in

    Sam, ya can't make it up!!

    I bet an obscure exotic about a politician saying or not saying something and a very influential group of speakers, in the most emotional moment of the convention, tells Hillary exactly what to SAY what I bet she wouldn't say (and hasn't said for over a month!)!


    Then worse for my bet, the crowd started chanting "Black Lives Matter! Black Lives Matter!"

    Love the sentiment personally but I was squirming like a first grader who had to go to the urinal in my living room while watching it!



    @Livian, don't worry for one second about line movements for All Lives Matter and Blue Lives Matter. It would be political suicide among a significant portion of her voting base to say those words. 

    Remember where we came from? +125 on AllLM to -350. That is a MASSIVE shift in its own right. BlueLM form -280 to -475. Another big shift. Don't worry about the lines moving off -600. It's just bettors trying to hit grand slams.

    @Destin, appreciate it.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by samuelsosa:

     A political prop the fix is in

    Sam, ya can't make it up!!

    I bet an obscure exotic about a politician saying or not saying something and a very influential group of speakers, in the most emotional moment of the convention, tells Hillary exactly what to SAY what I bet she wouldn't say (and hasn't said for over a month!)!


    Then worse for my bet, the crowd started chanting "Black Lives Matter! Black Lives Matter!"

    Love the sentiment personally but I was squirming like a first grader who had to go to the urinal in my living room while watching it!



    @Livian, don't worry for one second about line movements for All Lives Matter and Blue Lives Matter. It would be political suicide among a significant portion of her voting base to say those words. 

    Remember where we came from? +125 on AllLM to -350. That is a MASSIVE shift in its own right. BlueLM form -280 to -475. Another big shift. Don't worry about the lines moving off -600. It's just bettors trying to hit grand slams.

    @Destin, appreciate it.
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Jul. 27, 2016 - 10:58 PM ET #24

    I have a new lean Livian but I have to read tonight's speech transcripts before I put this in (because tonight was the war hawk night).

    The lean is Hillary does not say "Islam" -175.

    Here's one reason why:

    The DNC has a prayer room set up in the convention space and the only people of faith using it are...Islamic.

    https://rightwingnews.com/democrats/dnc-provides-interfaith-prayer-space-convention-islam-religion-present/

    (Yes I will use a 'rightwingnews' website to win money).

    The message of the DNC has been unity to counter the RNC's convention of division, fear, wall-building and "law and order" messages.

    Whether you disagree with the last sentence is irrelevant to the bet. That is what the majority of Dems believe and what they are told to believe (what I believe is irrelevant to the bet).

    In that unity, they brought up the Mothers of the recent slain and have had a softer message on the war on terror. In fact, they simply aren't using the word terrorism much at all, if at all (I know for certain they didn't say 'ISIS' or 'terrorism' on the first night).

    It makes me believe Hillary will have a softer more controlled tone than Donald to make it come across she is the antithesis of him. Softer tone and stance = no attacks on those who are Muslim.

    Hence, she will not insult the faith of Islam directly and simply can't say the word if that is the case (to say the word as a unifier would be a mistake IMO).

    There is one wrinkle 5Dimes could screw us on.

    'Islam' makes up the portion of the word "Islamic" which could be used if she does reference terrorism, particularly "Islamic terrorism" and I don't know if 5Dimes would try to screw the bettor if she said those two words (and they've screwed many a better with wrestling props). But GOPers here know Dems don't even like to use those two words anyway which fits with Hillary.

    I'll think about it. It's not at a bad price at -175. Gotta read tonight's transcripts first. I'll post if I lock it in. 

    Reply

    I have a new lean Livian but I have to read tonight's speech transcripts before I put this in (because tonight was the war hawk night).

    The lean is Hillary does not say "Islam" -175.

    Here's one reason why:

    The DNC has a prayer room set up in the convention space and the only people of faith using it are...Islamic.

    https://rightwingnews.com/democrats/dnc-provides-interfaith-prayer-space-convention-islam-religion-present/

    (Yes I will use a 'rightwingnews' website to win money).

    The message of the DNC has been unity to counter the RNC's convention of division, fear, wall-building and "law and order" messages.

    Whether you disagree with the last sentence is irrelevant to the bet. That is what the majority of Dems believe and what they are told to believe (what I believe is irrelevant to the bet).

    In that unity, they brought up the Mothers of the recent slain and have had a softer message on the war on terror. In fact, they simply aren't using the word terrorism much at all, if at all (I know for certain they didn't say 'ISIS' or 'terrorism' on the first night).

    It makes me believe Hillary will have a softer more controlled tone than Donald to make it come across she is the antithesis of him. Softer tone and stance = no attacks on those who are Muslim.

    Hence, she will not insult the faith of Islam directly and simply can't say the word if that is the case (to say the word as a unifier would be a mistake IMO).

    There is one wrinkle 5Dimes could screw us on.

    'Islam' makes up the portion of the word "Islamic" which could be used if she does reference terrorism, particularly "Islamic terrorism" and I don't know if 5Dimes would try to screw the bettor if she said those two words (and they've screwed many a better with wrestling props). But GOPers here know Dems don't even like to use those two words anyway which fits with Hillary.

    I'll think about it. It's not at a bad price at -175. Gotta read tonight's transcripts first. I'll post if I lock it in. 

     
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Jul. 28, 2016 - 12:12 AM ET #25

    Okay, I finalized this one.

    Why?

    Read below about the first two days of the DNC:

    Halfway through the 2016 Democratic National Convention, and there's been just one reference to ISIS and Islamist terrorism.

    After the first full day of the convention and more than 60 speakers, Republican Party communications director Sean Spicer noted the fact in a tweet. It was quickly picked up by a number of conservatives in the media, which triggered a "fact-checking effort" by the left-leaning Politifact.

    Their verdict:

    Based on our searches of C-SPAN closed-captioning text, Congressional Quarterly transcripts and other video archiving services, we couldn't find any speaker who mentioned "ISIS," "Islamic," "terror," "terrorist" or "terrorism" during the first day of the convention ... the email accurately reflects what was said—or more precisely, not said—from the podium in Philadelphia. We rate the statement True.

    To be fair, on the same day, Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton did use the word "terrorists" once in her speech. But she was speaking to the Veterans of Foreign Wars convention—more than 500 miles to the southwest in Charlotte, N.C.—not the Democrat convention in Philadelphia.

    So, on the second day of the convention, when the Democratic Party was supposed to be making its case for why the first woman to receive a major-party presidential nomination should, in fact, become the 45th President of the United States, they managed to eke out one reference to ISIS (or ISIL, Islamic State, or Daesh—pick your preferred term). That's when former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright offered a rebuke of Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump.

    "He has undermined our fight against ISIS by alienating our Muslim partners," she said. "He has weakened our standing in the world by threatening to walk away from our friends and our allies—and by encouraging more countries to get nuclear weapons."

    But while she attacked Trump's policies, she offered no Democrat alternative at all. Even the Washington Post—which has never been mistaken for a Trump media ally—offered this analysis:

    In contrast to her detailed denunciation of Trump's "dark vision of America," however, Albright barely touched on Clinton's approach to terrorism. She praised the Democratic nominee for her tenure at the State Department, saying she saw her "restore our country's reputation around the world," but she didn't endorse her current strategy for defeating ISIS—indeed she scarcely mentioned it.

    In an election where national security has become a major issue for voters—and while the sitting secretary of state has said air conditioning is a bigger threat than ISIS—the lack of coherent messaging will likely hurt Democrats in November.

     

    I read through all the Day 3 speech transcripts of Obama, Kaine, and Biden and not one mentioned Islam/Islamic/Islamist.

     

    Finally, I found this (I knew this and many here know this but I wanted the reference):

    Washington (CNN)Hillary Clinton explained on Sunday that she won't use the term "radical Islam" because it "sounds like we are declaring war against a religion."

    "It doesn't do justice to the vast number of Muslims in our country and around the world who are peaceful people," Clinton said in an appearance on ABC's "This Week."

     

    All these things are good for this bet.

     

    So that will be all:

    Hillary does not say "Blue Lives Matter" -280

    Hillary does not say "All Lives Matter" +125

    Hillary does not say "Black Lives Matter" +170

    Hillary does not say "Islam"/"Islamic" -170

    I like the chalk as every chalk bet hit in the Trump RNC speech props and the we only need to hit one of two AllLM or BlackLM to get paid on the +ML's.

     

     

     

     

     

    Reply

    Okay, I finalized this one.

    Why?

    Read below about the first two days of the DNC:

    Halfway through the 2016 Democratic National Convention, and there's been just one reference to ISIS and Islamist terrorism.

    After the first full day of the convention and more than 60 speakers, Republican Party communications director Sean Spicer noted the fact in a tweet. It was quickly picked up by a number of conservatives in the media, which triggered a "fact-checking effort" by the left-leaning Politifact.

    Their verdict:

    Based on our searches of C-SPAN closed-captioning text, Congressional Quarterly transcripts and other video archiving services, we couldn't find any speaker who mentioned "ISIS," "Islamic," "terror," "terrorist" or "terrorism" during the first day of the convention ... the email accurately reflects what was said—or more precisely, not said—from the podium in Philadelphia. We rate the statement True.

    To be fair, on the same day, Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton did use the word "terrorists" once in her speech. But she was speaking to the Veterans of Foreign Wars convention—more than 500 miles to the southwest in Charlotte, N.C.—not the Democrat convention in Philadelphia.

    So, on the second day of the convention, when the Democratic Party was supposed to be making its case for why the first woman to receive a major-party presidential nomination should, in fact, become the 45th President of the United States, they managed to eke out one reference to ISIS (or ISIL, Islamic State, or Daesh—pick your preferred term). That's when former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright offered a rebuke of Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump.

    "He has undermined our fight against ISIS by alienating our Muslim partners," she said. "He has weakened our standing in the world by threatening to walk away from our friends and our allies—and by encouraging more countries to get nuclear weapons."

    But while she attacked Trump's policies, she offered no Democrat alternative at all. Even the Washington Post—which has never been mistaken for a Trump media ally—offered this analysis:

    In contrast to her detailed denunciation of Trump's "dark vision of America," however, Albright barely touched on Clinton's approach to terrorism. She praised the Democratic nominee for her tenure at the State Department, saying she saw her "restore our country's reputation around the world," but she didn't endorse her current strategy for defeating ISIS—indeed she scarcely mentioned it.

    In an election where national security has become a major issue for voters—and while the sitting secretary of state has said air conditioning is a bigger threat than ISIS—the lack of coherent messaging will likely hurt Democrats in November.

     

    I read through all the Day 3 speech transcripts of Obama, Kaine, and Biden and not one mentioned Islam/Islamic/Islamist.

     

    Finally, I found this (I knew this and many here know this but I wanted the reference):

    Washington (CNN)Hillary Clinton explained on Sunday that she won't use the term "radical Islam" because it "sounds like we are declaring war against a religion."

    "It doesn't do justice to the vast number of Muslims in our country and around the world who are peaceful people," Clinton said in an appearance on ABC's "This Week."

     

    All these things are good for this bet.

     

    So that will be all:

    Hillary does not say "Blue Lives Matter" -280

    Hillary does not say "All Lives Matter" +125

    Hillary does not say "Black Lives Matter" +170

    Hillary does not say "Islam"/"Islamic" -170

    I like the chalk as every chalk bet hit in the Trump RNC speech props and the we only need to hit one of two AllLM or BlackLM to get paid on the +ML's.

     

     

     

     

     

    All Forums | Politics
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 456,266
    • PART DEUX 214
    • Thursday 10/01/2026 754
    • Steelers vs Browns in-game live TNF 2,108
    • Cleveland Bettors 2,624
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 103,208
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 12,138
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 30,040
    • Happening just recently . . . 36,844
    • We have picked a terrible time to have the stupidest president ever 30,585

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.