Posted:
#26
Quote Originally Posted by djbrow:
While you and I differ somewhat on Israel, the other piece to this is the almighty
.
Jerusalem and Bethlehem bring in incredible amounts of cash due to tourism. Losing that land is akin to losing billions of dollars per year. 
Right and that was my inference when I said "I wonder why that is" of course cash is what most things are about and some people in that area have more influence over groups like the UN than others...no question.
I grew up much more in a pro-Israel mindset because Christians are usually taught from the Bible and that is a one way road telling the story of that region and is 100% slighted to Israel..
Then as I grew up and started understanding more than narrow minded Christian dogma the reality starts unfolding and the view of "If you are not from the 12 tribes than you will die" from the OT starts to look sour and unfair/inaccurate.
I think the generalization of non-Israelis in that area is unfortunate and more people need to wake up and see that Israel is not clean in this, they provoke, instigate, play games to portray others in the area in a light that the outside world will pity and support them.
I really do not feel Israel is our friend at all, I think they are a very smart group who knows how to play us and the world to gain advantage for their position and cause..at whatever that cost is.
