• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Website Promotions

    Has anyone made any money betting on sports steadily throughout the past year? 'cause I did! See how

    «First Previous 160161162 ... 506507508 Next Last»
    composite
    SportsMavin
    ShogunJB
    melosjumper7
    melossinglet
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1897038
    Posts: 12682
    «First Previous 160161162 ... 506507508 Next Last»
     
    composite
    composite
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 4418
    Posted: Jan. 17, 2013 - 1:32 AM ET #3976

    Quote Originally Posted by SportsMavin:

    You tell me. I had no bet there. Did you watch it?

    I love this thread and everything about it.  But if you're seriously saying that NBA guys making nine figures would tank a game for money, well, it affects your credibility.

    And that's not because I don't believe throwing games happen.  In tennis. Or soccer. Or  anything else where people aren't making much money so an extra $50k to tank a game means something.

    NBA basketball? No F ucking way.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by SportsMavin:

    You tell me. I had no bet there. Did you watch it?

    I love this thread and everything about it.  But if you're seriously saying that NBA guys making nine figures would tank a game for money, well, it affects your credibility.

    And that's not because I don't believe throwing games happen.  In tennis. Or soccer. Or  anything else where people aren't making much money so an extra $50k to tank a game means something.

    NBA basketball? No F ucking way.

     
    SportsMavin
    SportsMavin
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2012
    Posts: 5295
    Posted: Jan. 17, 2013 - 1:39 AM ET #3977

    Quote Originally Posted by composite:

    I love this thread and everything about it.  But if you're seriously saying that NBA guys making nine figures would tank a game for money, well, it affects your credibility.

    And that's not because I don't believe throwing games happen.  In tennis. Or soccer. Or  anything else where people aren't making much money so an extra $50k to tank a game means something.

    NBA basketball? No F ucking way.

    First of all I did not say they threw the game. And BTW, shaving points is not throwing a game but merely helping one side of the spread. I did not invent point shaving. But also have nor claims or proofs of such activities. But I also can't deny what my eyes are seeing. And truly - I don't care. One thing is a fact and that can't be changed: The leagues are employers of the players, refs, coaches etc and together with gambling conglomerates are all part of the entertainment business with everything included and in the name of high profits and good entertaimnent have the legal and moral rights to exercize the power that comes with being an employer. Now you figure it out and also I advise you to have as less as possible things in life you can say about - I can't believe. Believe. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by composite:

    I love this thread and everything about it.  But if you're seriously saying that NBA guys making nine figures would tank a game for money, well, it affects your credibility.

    And that's not because I don't believe throwing games happen.  In tennis. Or soccer. Or  anything else where people aren't making much money so an extra $50k to tank a game means something.

    NBA basketball? No F ucking way.

    First of all I did not say they threw the game. And BTW, shaving points is not throwing a game but merely helping one side of the spread. I did not invent point shaving. But also have nor claims or proofs of such activities. But I also can't deny what my eyes are seeing. And truly - I don't care. One thing is a fact and that can't be changed: The leagues are employers of the players, refs, coaches etc and together with gambling conglomerates are all part of the entertainment business with everything included and in the name of high profits and good entertaimnent have the legal and moral rights to exercize the power that comes with being an employer. Now you figure it out and also I advise you to have as less as possible things in life you can say about - I can't believe. Believe. 
     
    ShogunJB
    ShogunJB
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2013
    Posts: 103
    Posted: Jan. 17, 2013 - 1:58 AM ET #3978

    I'm already doing better than you Mavin. I told you I'm better than you. Let's see for how long your ego will allow you to ignore my challenge. I respected you for you options trading, but so far you talk the talk here but do not walk the walk. I'm ready to compete with you in any field you want. Sports or Options. Up to you. I'm better, much better than you. I also feel I'm younger and full of energy unlike your "relaxed" and "cool" persona. Aren't you man? Have no pride? Or you scared of losing to me? I think I know. You're scared if you lose to me you lose all your creditibility. Well well, I am already up while you're down!
    Reply
    I'm already doing better than you Mavin. I told you I'm better than you. Let's see for how long your ego will allow you to ignore my challenge. I respected you for you options trading, but so far you talk the talk here but do not walk the walk. I'm ready to compete with you in any field you want. Sports or Options. Up to you. I'm better, much better than you. I also feel I'm younger and full of energy unlike your "relaxed" and "cool" persona. Aren't you man? Have no pride? Or you scared of losing to me? I think I know. You're scared if you lose to me you lose all your creditibility. Well well, I am already up while you're down!
     
    SportsMavin
    SportsMavin
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2012
    Posts: 5295
    Posted: Jan. 17, 2013 - 2:07 AM ET #3979

    Quote Originally Posted by ShogunJB:

    I'm already doing better than you Mavin. I told you I'm better than you. Let's see for how long your ego will allow you to ignore my challenge. I respected you for you options trading, but so far you talk the talk here but do not walk the walk. I'm ready to compete with you in any field you want. Sports or Options. Up to you. I'm better, much better than you. I also feel I'm younger and full of energy unlike your "relaxed" and "cool" persona. Aren't you man? Have no pride? Or you scared of losing to me? I think I know. You're scared if you lose to me you lose all your creditibility. Well well, I am already up while you're down!
    Easy buddy. Happy for you being up. Do you know who Toranaga was? I assume you take your nick from that book Shogun? The most advocated thing about being a Shogun is patience. You also do not sound all that Japanese to me. The Japanese people I net are very polite and do not start the fire without matches. Challenge me? What good is gonna come out from that? Pride? So here - you're better than me and you already won. Bye Bye
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by ShogunJB:

    I'm already doing better than you Mavin. I told you I'm better than you. Let's see for how long your ego will allow you to ignore my challenge. I respected you for you options trading, but so far you talk the talk here but do not walk the walk. I'm ready to compete with you in any field you want. Sports or Options. Up to you. I'm better, much better than you. I also feel I'm younger and full of energy unlike your "relaxed" and "cool" persona. Aren't you man? Have no pride? Or you scared of losing to me? I think I know. You're scared if you lose to me you lose all your creditibility. Well well, I am already up while you're down!
    Easy buddy. Happy for you being up. Do you know who Toranaga was? I assume you take your nick from that book Shogun? The most advocated thing about being a Shogun is patience. You also do not sound all that Japanese to me. The Japanese people I net are very polite and do not start the fire without matches. Challenge me? What good is gonna come out from that? Pride? So here - you're better than me and you already won. Bye Bye
     
    melosjumper7
    melosjumper7
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2012
    Posts: 1106
    Posted: Jan. 17, 2013 - 4:03 AM ET #3980

    alright since i kept hearing it about my true record....i counted up every game from the beg of this thread....i came around on like thread 12 or so.....and first posted record (with the games i actually put down beforehand) on i believe 19.....and by post 44 i was 19-6...etc....and i only counted games that were posted b4 games.....you can check the numbers if you would like...

    thread#) record on that day......full record.
    19-30)12-2 on total picks through thread 19-30
    30-40) went 2-2 14-4
    44)went 3-2..19-6..
    46)2-2......  21-8
    63) 2-2..... .23-10
    66)0-1....... 23-11
    74) 4-2...... 27-13
    103) 1-3.... 28-16
    110)5-6..... 33-22
    116)3-1-1.. 36-23-1
    forgot to track the thread number but inbetween130-135)
    1-1-1......... 37-24-2
    150)5-3-1... 42-27-3

    these are just the nba picks....not counting 3 team parlays or anything like that...

    total nba record 42-27-3

    i counted all college b-ball games....and it was 17-14-1
    Reply
    alright since i kept hearing it about my true record....i counted up every game from the beg of this thread....i came around on like thread 12 or so.....and first posted record (with the games i actually put down beforehand) on i believe 19.....and by post 44 i was 19-6...etc....and i only counted games that were posted b4 games.....you can check the numbers if you would like...

    thread#) record on that day......full record.
    19-30)12-2 on total picks through thread 19-30
    30-40) went 2-2 14-4
    44)went 3-2..19-6..
    46)2-2......  21-8
    63) 2-2..... .23-10
    66)0-1....... 23-11
    74) 4-2...... 27-13
    103) 1-3.... 28-16
    110)5-6..... 33-22
    116)3-1-1.. 36-23-1
    forgot to track the thread number but inbetween130-135)
    1-1-1......... 37-24-2
    150)5-3-1... 42-27-3

    these are just the nba picks....not counting 3 team parlays or anything like that...

    total nba record 42-27-3

    i counted all college b-ball games....and it was 17-14-1
     
    melosjumper7
    melosjumper7
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2012
    Posts: 1106
    Posted: Jan. 17, 2013 - 4:12 AM ET #3981

    i thought it might be better then that....but that is it...
    btw college b-ball was 16-14-1***.....not 17...

    i counted all games that were posted b4 hand....and counted just nba games...

    this isn't my record for the whole season...just simply from posts since this thread was started...

    but yes 42-27-3 on posted nba picks....
    Reply
    i thought it might be better then that....but that is it...
    btw college b-ball was 16-14-1***.....not 17...

    i counted all games that were posted b4 hand....and counted just nba games...

    this isn't my record for the whole season...just simply from posts since this thread was started...

    but yes 42-27-3 on posted nba picks....
     
    melossinglet
    melossinglet
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2013
    Posts: 15769
    Posted: Jan. 17, 2013 - 5:01 AM ET #3982

    melosjumper did u get a message that i sent you the other day???understand if u been too busy to respond
    Reply
    melosjumper did u get a message that i sent you the other day???understand if u been too busy to respond
     
    ocer12
    ocer12
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2013
    Posts: 130
    Posted: Jan. 17, 2013 - 5:30 AM ET #3983

    interesting to see the key man down theory work out on two different nights first with cp3 on tues then with josh smith with atl on wed stood away both times to test the theory hope it doesn't bite me the next time i jump in a game with a KMD. n also any1 have any thoughts on the fakers game i know there jokes but they have been good lately albeit it was cle n the bucks but its the nba any1 can win on any night looking foward to see the picks oooooh like the knicks in the over already n i havent seen the line 
    Reply
    interesting to see the key man down theory work out on two different nights first with cp3 on tues then with josh smith with atl on wed stood away both times to test the theory hope it doesn't bite me the next time i jump in a game with a KMD. n also any1 have any thoughts on the fakers game i know there jokes but they have been good lately albeit it was cle n the bucks but its the nba any1 can win on any night looking foward to see the picks oooooh like the knicks in the over already n i havent seen the line 
     
    dastovski365
    dastovski365
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2009
    Posts: 72
    Posted: Jan. 17, 2013 - 5:57 AM ET #3984

    Quote Originally Posted by ocer12:

    interesting to see the key man down theory work out on two different nights first with cp3 on tues then with josh smith with atl on wed stood away both times to test the theory hope it doesn't bite me the next time i jump in a game with a KMD. n also any1 have any thoughts on the fakers game i know there jokes but they have been good lately albeit it was cle n the bucks but its the nba any1 can win on any night looking foward to see the picks oooooh like the knicks in the over already n i havent seen the line 

    also Curry was out for GSW. so it didnt work there
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by ocer12:

    interesting to see the key man down theory work out on two different nights first with cp3 on tues then with josh smith with atl on wed stood away both times to test the theory hope it doesn't bite me the next time i jump in a game with a KMD. n also any1 have any thoughts on the fakers game i know there jokes but they have been good lately albeit it was cle n the bucks but its the nba any1 can win on any night looking foward to see the picks oooooh like the knicks in the over already n i havent seen the line 

    also Curry was out for GSW. so it didnt work there
     
    dastovski365
    dastovski365
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2009
    Posts: 72
    Posted: Jan. 17, 2013 - 5:59 AM ET #3985

    Quote Originally Posted by ShogunJB:

    I'm already doing better than you Mavin. I told you I'm better than you. Let's see for how long your ego will allow you to ignore my challenge. I respected you for you options trading, but so far you talk the talk here but do not walk the walk. I'm ready to compete with you in any field you want. Sports or Options. Up to you. I'm better, much better than you. I also feel I'm younger and full of energy unlike your "relaxed" and "cool" persona. Aren't you man? Have no pride? Or you scared of losing to me? I think I know. You're scared if you lose to me you lose all your creditibility. Well well, I am already up while you're down!


    u r 4-5-1....do u really think thats sth to brag about? what happens when u have a bad beat and u risk 50% of your bankroll? or is that sth that doesnt happen to u?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by ShogunJB:

    I'm already doing better than you Mavin. I told you I'm better than you. Let's see for how long your ego will allow you to ignore my challenge. I respected you for you options trading, but so far you talk the talk here but do not walk the walk. I'm ready to compete with you in any field you want. Sports or Options. Up to you. I'm better, much better than you. I also feel I'm younger and full of energy unlike your "relaxed" and "cool" persona. Aren't you man? Have no pride? Or you scared of losing to me? I think I know. You're scared if you lose to me you lose all your creditibility. Well well, I am already up while you're down!


    u r 4-5-1....do u really think thats sth to brag about? what happens when u have a bad beat and u risk 50% of your bankroll? or is that sth that doesnt happen to u?
     
    Zireal
    Zireal
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2012
    Posts: 293
    Posted: Jan. 17, 2013 - 6:19 AM ET #3986

    Congrats Mavin for having  winning night (was pretty sure it will come sooner than later). Patience is the key!

    Yesterday I was 2-1 on posted picks... but what's more important I'm learning more and more everyday. Thank you! 

    I'm already into todays games... Will post my picks later.

    Good luck guys!

    Reply

    Congrats Mavin for having  winning night (was pretty sure it will come sooner than later). Patience is the key!

    Yesterday I was 2-1 on posted picks... but what's more important I'm learning more and more everyday. Thank you! 

    I'm already into todays games... Will post my picks later.

    Good luck guys!

     
    shinstrike
    shinstrike
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2012
    Posts: 53
    Posted: Jan. 17, 2013 - 8:05 AM ET #3987

    hey mavin! great pick today. been following u since the past 2 weeks. up n down but its still positive though. continue your good work mate :) really appreaciate it.
    Reply
    hey mavin! great pick today. been following u since the past 2 weeks. up n down but its still positive though. continue your good work mate :) really appreaciate it.
     
    greengiants
    greengiants
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 526
    Posted: Jan. 17, 2013 - 8:16 AM ET #3988

    Quote Originally Posted by greengiants:

    final card today:

    -Washington +4    WIN!

    -6-3 ATS vs. non confrence teams

    -4-3 ATS vs. sub .500 teams

    -4-1-1 ATS after SU win

    -wizards are 5-1 ATS in last 6 meetings in sacramento

    -underdog in this matchup is 7-1 ATS in last 8

    -When looking at team stats for the past 5 games washington has a better FG%, better 3pt% and also more rebounds than sacramento.

    -RLM

    -Dallas -4    WIN!

    -rockets are 1-8 SU and 2-6-1 on road vs. western conference teams

    -rockets 3-6 ATS within the division

    -dallas has covered 6 in a row ATS and won 8 in a row SU

    -houston is 1-5 SU and ATS on 0 days rest facing a team on 1 day rest

    -dallas is 6-1 SU and 4-3 ATS on 1 day rest facing a team on 0 days rest

    -Atlanta -3     WIN!

    -BK 3-6 ATS on 0 days rest

    -BK 1-3 SU and 0-4 ATS on o days rest facing a team on 1 day rest

    -BK 1-6 ATS  last 7 in atlanta

    -home team 10-3 ATS in last 13

    -atlanta 4-1 ATS following loss of more than 10pts

    -as I mentioned before this situation looks similar to the clippers/grizzlies game on monday: first we have RLM in the morning, then news comes out that key player is out, line moves in opposite direction baiting us to take the side of the team that does not have key player out. this time i'm staying on the side of key player being out, the play today is ATL, while the play on monday should have been the clippers and not the grizz.we shall see tonight if this makes sense, only hypothetical now.

    record to date in thread 10-11-2

    Best of luck to all!  

     

    Woohoo great night last night! 3-0 on thread plus took a chance on a 5 team parlay, placed 1/2 unit on my 3 picks from thread plus added raptors +5 and your pick Mavin of san antonio -5.5, won't show up on the thread but it sure shows up in my book's account! 

    record on thread:13-11-2

    Let's keep this rolling!

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by greengiants:

    final card today:

    -Washington +4    WIN!

    -6-3 ATS vs. non confrence teams

    -4-3 ATS vs. sub .500 teams

    -4-1-1 ATS after SU win

    -wizards are 5-1 ATS in last 6 meetings in sacramento

    -underdog in this matchup is 7-1 ATS in last 8

    -When looking at team stats for the past 5 games washington has a better FG%, better 3pt% and also more rebounds than sacramento.

    -RLM

    -Dallas -4    WIN!

    -rockets are 1-8 SU and 2-6-1 on road vs. western conference teams

    -rockets 3-6 ATS within the division

    -dallas has covered 6 in a row ATS and won 8 in a row SU

    -houston is 1-5 SU and ATS on 0 days rest facing a team on 1 day rest

    -dallas is 6-1 SU and 4-3 ATS on 1 day rest facing a team on 0 days rest

    -Atlanta -3     WIN!

    -BK 3-6 ATS on 0 days rest

    -BK 1-3 SU and 0-4 ATS on o days rest facing a team on 1 day rest

    -BK 1-6 ATS  last 7 in atlanta

    -home team 10-3 ATS in last 13

    -atlanta 4-1 ATS following loss of more than 10pts

    -as I mentioned before this situation looks similar to the clippers/grizzlies game on monday: first we have RLM in the morning, then news comes out that key player is out, line moves in opposite direction baiting us to take the side of the team that does not have key player out. this time i'm staying on the side of key player being out, the play today is ATL, while the play on monday should have been the clippers and not the grizz.we shall see tonight if this makes sense, only hypothetical now.

    record to date in thread 10-11-2

    Best of luck to all!  

     

    Woohoo great night last night! 3-0 on thread plus took a chance on a 5 team parlay, placed 1/2 unit on my 3 picks from thread plus added raptors +5 and your pick Mavin of san antonio -5.5, won't show up on the thread but it sure shows up in my book's account! 

    record on thread:13-11-2

    Let's keep this rolling!

     
    Turbovtk
    Turbovtk
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2012
    Posts: 1676
    Posted: Jan. 17, 2013 - 9:03 AM ET #3989

    Quote Originally Posted by ocer12:

    interesting to see the key man down theory work out on two different nights first with cp3 on tues then with josh smith with atl on wed stood away both times to test the theory hope it doesn't bite me the next time i jump in a game with a KMD. n also any1 have any thoughts on the fakers game i know there jokes but they have been good lately albeit it was cle n the bucks but its the nba any1 can win on any night looking foward to see the picks oooooh like the knicks in the over already n i havent seen the line 

    I don't believe that theory works at least not on it's own- the spurs in one game had all the key players fly back home- they almost beat the heat- were ahead most of the game until the final minutes of the 4th q- I think what happened with the clips and with hawks is more of the trend were they were coming off tough loses and rebounded-

    As for curry and warriors- the heat and lebron were inspired yesterday and showed like Mavin said when they want they can beat the shyt out of any team in the nba-
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by ocer12:

    interesting to see the key man down theory work out on two different nights first with cp3 on tues then with josh smith with atl on wed stood away both times to test the theory hope it doesn't bite me the next time i jump in a game with a KMD. n also any1 have any thoughts on the fakers game i know there jokes but they have been good lately albeit it was cle n the bucks but its the nba any1 can win on any night looking foward to see the picks oooooh like the knicks in the over already n i havent seen the line 

    I don't believe that theory works at least not on it's own- the spurs in one game had all the key players fly back home- they almost beat the heat- were ahead most of the game until the final minutes of the 4th q- I think what happened with the clips and with hawks is more of the trend were they were coming off tough loses and rebounded-

    As for curry and warriors- the heat and lebron were inspired yesterday and showed like Mavin said when they want they can beat the shyt out of any team in the nba-
     
    Turbovtk
    Turbovtk
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2012
    Posts: 1676
    Posted: Jan. 17, 2013 - 9:05 AM ET #3990

    Quote Originally Posted by greengiants:

    Woohoo great night last night! 3-0 on thread plus took a chance on a 5 team parlay, placed 1/2 unit on my 3 picks from thread plus added raptors +5 and your pick Mavin of san antonio -5.5, won't show up on the thread but it sure shows up in my book's account! 

    record on thread:13-11-2


    Parlaying ehh? congrats!

    I need to picks today to complete a nice open parlay- was going to go with the spurs okc to complete it yesterday but they were already part of another parlay which lost - damn portland to come all the way back to not put the cavs away shame on you.

    Let's keep this rolling!

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by greengiants:

    Woohoo great night last night! 3-0 on thread plus took a chance on a 5 team parlay, placed 1/2 unit on my 3 picks from thread plus added raptors +5 and your pick Mavin of san antonio -5.5, won't show up on the thread but it sure shows up in my book's account! 

    record on thread:13-11-2


    Parlaying ehh? congrats!

    I need to picks today to complete a nice open parlay- was going to go with the spurs okc to complete it yesterday but they were already part of another parlay which lost - damn portland to come all the way back to not put the cavs away shame on you.

    Let's keep this rolling!

     
    Eiredoc
    Eiredoc
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2012
    Posts: 21
    Posted: Jan. 17, 2013 - 9:13 AM ET #3991

    https://www.covers.com/postingforum/post01/showmessage.aspx?spt=22&sub=101532413
     
    Just had a gander through this guys' Thread!!!!!
     
    Bit surprised you are entertaining this guy at all to be honest Mavin. Hopefully now that he has his own thread he'll just stay there.
    Reply
    https://www.covers.com/postingforum/post01/showmessage.aspx?spt=22&sub=101532413
     
    Just had a gander through this guys' Thread!!!!!
     
    Bit surprised you are entertaining this guy at all to be honest Mavin. Hopefully now that he has his own thread he'll just stay there.
     
    greengiants
    greengiants
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 526
    Posted: Jan. 17, 2013 - 9:18 AM ET #3992

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbovtk:


    I don't believe that theory works at least not on it's own- the spurs in one game had all the key players fly back home- they almost beat the heat- were ahead most of the game until the final minutes of the 4th q- I think what happened with the clips and with hawks is more of the trend were they were coming off tough loses and rebounded-

    As for curry and warriors- the heat and lebron were inspired yesterday and showed like Mavin said when they want they can beat the shyt out of any team in the nba-

     they didn't win straight up that game but I'm pretty sure the spurs covered the spread!

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbovtk:


    I don't believe that theory works at least not on it's own- the spurs in one game had all the key players fly back home- they almost beat the heat- were ahead most of the game until the final minutes of the 4th q- I think what happened with the clips and with hawks is more of the trend were they were coming off tough loses and rebounded-

    As for curry and warriors- the heat and lebron were inspired yesterday and showed like Mavin said when they want they can beat the shyt out of any team in the nba-

     they didn't win straight up that game but I'm pretty sure the spurs covered the spread!

     
    Turbovtk
    Turbovtk
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2012
    Posts: 1676
    Posted: Jan. 17, 2013 - 9:32 AM ET #3993

    Quote Originally Posted by greengiants:

     they didn't win straight up that game but I'm pretty sure the spurs covered the spread!


    I know they didn't win straight up as for the spread they most def did not cover the adjusted spread once the news came out- The line was -- 6 at times -7 and moved to the teens 12-13 after the news- score was 100 - 105 heat so no the spurs did not cover the spread.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by greengiants:

     they didn't win straight up that game but I'm pretty sure the spurs covered the spread!


    I know they didn't win straight up as for the spread they most def did not cover the adjusted spread once the news came out- The line was -- 6 at times -7 and moved to the teens 12-13 after the news- score was 100 - 105 heat so no the spurs did not cover the spread.
     
    SportsMavin
    SportsMavin
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2012
    Posts: 5295
    Posted: Jan. 17, 2013 - 9:48 AM ET #3994

    Quote Originally Posted by Eiredoc:

    https://www.covers.com/postingforum/post01/showmessage.aspx?spt=22&sub=101532413
     
    Just had a gander through this guys' Thread!!!!!
     
    Bit surprised you are entertaining this guy at all to be honest Mavin. Hopefully now that he has his own thread he'll just stay there.
    I can't block anyone coming to my thread, and besides - that guy has been a great entertainment - at least as far as I am concerned. I already said, I don't even can imagine getting mad at the monitor of my PC - and all that guy is just another name on my monitor. I only wish him and everyone a success - but I strongly doubt he will be successful with an attitude he has displayed so far. Don't worry about that. I am all focused on betting and not worrying for people who copy the trend of one thread from me and trying to attract an attention for the wrong reasons. We are a genuine thread trying to make a difference. Most new ones that suddenly start to grow like mushrooms after rain - are a temporary events that will disappear because they have no fundamental values they are built on. And with all this said - I wish them as well all the success.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiredoc:

    https://www.covers.com/postingforum/post01/showmessage.aspx?spt=22&sub=101532413
     
    Just had a gander through this guys' Thread!!!!!
     
    Bit surprised you are entertaining this guy at all to be honest Mavin. Hopefully now that he has his own thread he'll just stay there.
    I can't block anyone coming to my thread, and besides - that guy has been a great entertainment - at least as far as I am concerned. I already said, I don't even can imagine getting mad at the monitor of my PC - and all that guy is just another name on my monitor. I only wish him and everyone a success - but I strongly doubt he will be successful with an attitude he has displayed so far. Don't worry about that. I am all focused on betting and not worrying for people who copy the trend of one thread from me and trying to attract an attention for the wrong reasons. We are a genuine thread trying to make a difference. Most new ones that suddenly start to grow like mushrooms after rain - are a temporary events that will disappear because they have no fundamental values they are built on. And with all this said - I wish them as well all the success.
     
    dastovski365
    dastovski365
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2009
    Posts: 72
    Posted: Jan. 17, 2013 - 9:57 AM ET #3995

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbovtk:


    I know they didn't win straight up as for the spread they most def did not cover the adjusted spread once the news came out- The line was -- 6 at times -7 and moved to the teens 12-13 after the news- score was 100 - 105 heat so no the spurs did not cover the spread.

    Spurs did cover the spread, what r u talking about? 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbovtk:


    I know they didn't win straight up as for the spread they most def did not cover the adjusted spread once the news came out- The line was -- 6 at times -7 and moved to the teens 12-13 after the news- score was 100 - 105 heat so no the spurs did not cover the spread.

    Spurs did cover the spread, what r u talking about? 
     
    BigUnit
    BigUnit
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 19509
    Posted: Jan. 17, 2013 - 10:06 AM ET #3996

    Quote Originally Posted by ShogunJB:

    I'm already doing better than you Mavin. I told you I'm better than you. Let's see for how long your ego will allow you to ignore my challenge. I respected you for you options trading, but so far you talk the talk here but do not walk the walk. I'm ready to compete with you in any field you want. Sports or Options. Up to you. I'm better, much better than you. I also feel I'm younger and full of energy unlike your "relaxed" and "cool" persona. Aren't you man? Have no pride? Or you scared of losing to me? I think I know. You're scared if you lose to me you lose all your creditibility. Well well, I am already up while you're down!

    Not a bad start, 4-5-1.  Only reason you're up $520 is because you bet a shitload on one game and won.  Thats not a recipe for gains in the long run. 

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by ShogunJB:

    I'm already doing better than you Mavin. I told you I'm better than you. Let's see for how long your ego will allow you to ignore my challenge. I respected you for you options trading, but so far you talk the talk here but do not walk the walk. I'm ready to compete with you in any field you want. Sports or Options. Up to you. I'm better, much better than you. I also feel I'm younger and full of energy unlike your "relaxed" and "cool" persona. Aren't you man? Have no pride? Or you scared of losing to me? I think I know. You're scared if you lose to me you lose all your creditibility. Well well, I am already up while you're down!

    Not a bad start, 4-5-1.  Only reason you're up $520 is because you bet a shitload on one game and won.  Thats not a recipe for gains in the long run. 

     
    BigTenWatto
    BigTenWatto
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 818
    Posted: Jan. 17, 2013 - 10:28 AM ET #3997

    Quote Originally Posted by BigTenWatto:

    Also, like to see Mavin on only two games. Who wants to bet a reduction in action directly corresponds to an increase in success.


    Hmmm, coincidence? Nice night Mavin.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTenWatto:

    Also, like to see Mavin on only two games. Who wants to bet a reduction in action directly corresponds to an increase in success.


    Hmmm, coincidence? Nice night Mavin.
     
    BigTenWatto
    BigTenWatto
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 818
    Posted: Jan. 17, 2013 - 10:36 AM ET #3998

    My theory didn't work too well last night, as Chicago imploded. Anyway, I'll try again, as Detroit fits 5 of the 6 things I am looking at and their success rate is only below by 1%.

    Det +5.5.
    Reply
    My theory didn't work too well last night, as Chicago imploded. Anyway, I'll try again, as Detroit fits 5 of the 6 things I am looking at and their success rate is only below by 1%.

    Det +5.5.
     
    greengiants
    greengiants
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 526
    Posted: Jan. 17, 2013 - 10:49 AM ET #3999

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbovtk:


    I know they didn't win straight up as for the spread they most def did not cover the adjusted spread once the news came out- The line was -- 6 at times -7 and moved to the teens 12-13 after the news- score was 100 - 105 heat so no the spurs did not cover the spread.

    Turbo...dude, miami was favored by 6 pts they won by 5, that's not a cover for miami.....just saying........

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbovtk:


    I know they didn't win straight up as for the spread they most def did not cover the adjusted spread once the news came out- The line was -- 6 at times -7 and moved to the teens 12-13 after the news- score was 100 - 105 heat so no the spurs did not cover the spread.

    Turbo...dude, miami was favored by 6 pts they won by 5, that's not a cover for miami.....just saying........

     
     
    greengiants
    greengiants
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 526
    Posted: Jan. 17, 2013 - 10:52 AM ET #4000

    looking at milwaukee tonight!
    Reply
    looking at milwaukee tonight!
    All Forums | Website Promotions
    «First Previous 160161162 ... 506507508 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 456,362
    • Friday 10/02/2026 909
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 266,482
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,277
    • PART DEUX 287
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 31,382
    • Trump's legacy? 32,964
    • Delaware QB Nick Minicucci 4,542
    • **$$$ MD Friday 10/2 $$$** 5,754
    • Week 5 Money 7,619

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.