• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Food & Fitness

    The Atkin's Diet

    12 Next Last»
    SarahJPhilli
    ShootDaClubUp
    NJDevils
    sharpaction
    Full-Grown
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 4429
    Posts: 34
    12 Next Last»
     
    SarahJPhilli
    SarahJPhilli
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 10104
    Posted: Aug. 21, 2011 - 7:53 PM ET #1

    Steak, chicken, seafood, eggs, sausage, hot dogs . . . meat!

    I still can't believe there is a diet based around eating platefuls of meat on a daily basis. Welcome to the Atkin's Solution.

    I'm a bit of a fitness freak only because I enjoy shopping and need things to fall into place correctly. I decided to take on the Atkin's Solution as the final piece of the puzzle to round out the summer bikini season.

    With any diet, there's the good, and the bad. In the beginning, it's all good: delicious steak dinners, eggs, the works. I blogged about this previously, and at a certain point a few days into the diet, meat absolutely repulsed me. You're only allowed 25 grams of carbohydrates per day (which is basically 0), so there's not much room to play with your meals. It's a meatfest. Heck, you can't even eat fruit in the first stage!

    After a few days of misery (I'm not a huge meat eater), I settled into the diet easier than any I had tried in the past. The Atkin's snacks aren't half bad, and I obviously get to make a variety of high protein dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I'm not stuck eating grapefruits all day as with other fad diets.

    I'm rounding out the 21st day, and even being as small as I am, I lost a significant percentage of weight and I feel even better than I did before. My dad also joined me in my excursion--he was 180 lbs, and is now around 159 after 21 days. The weight literally melts away due to the lack of carbohydrates which forces the body to use protein for fuel (not efficient) and your fat storage depletes. It's pretty nuts!

    Obviously, consult with a physician before you try this diet as it is a high cholesterol solution.

    I'd love to use this blog as a support system if you want to give it a go.

    It is a challenge regardless of how good the sound of an all meat diet sounds, but it's well worth it if you wanna do a little Right Said Fred.
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    Steak, chicken, seafood, eggs, sausage, hot dogs . . . meat!

    I still can't believe there is a diet based around eating platefuls of meat on a daily basis. Welcome to the Atkin's Solution.

    I'm a bit of a fitness freak only because I enjoy shopping and need things to fall into place correctly. I decided to take on the Atkin's Solution as the final piece of the puzzle to round out the summer bikini season.

    With any diet, there's the good, and the bad. In the beginning, it's all good: delicious steak dinners, eggs, the works. I blogged about this previously, and at a certain point a few days into the diet, meat absolutely repulsed me. You're only allowed 25 grams of carbohydrates per day (which is basically 0), so there's not much room to play with your meals. It's a meatfest. Heck, you can't even eat fruit in the first stage!

    After a few days of misery (I'm not a huge meat eater), I settled into the diet easier than any I had tried in the past. The Atkin's snacks aren't half bad, and I obviously get to make a variety of high protein dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I'm not stuck eating grapefruits all day as with other fad diets.

    I'm rounding out the 21st day, and even being as small as I am, I lost a significant percentage of weight and I feel even better than I did before. My dad also joined me in my excursion--he was 180 lbs, and is now around 159 after 21 days. The weight literally melts away due to the lack of carbohydrates which forces the body to use protein for fuel (not efficient) and your fat storage depletes. It's pretty nuts!

    Obviously, consult with a physician before you try this diet as it is a high cholesterol solution.

    I'd love to use this blog as a support system if you want to give it a go.

    It is a challenge regardless of how good the sound of an all meat diet sounds, but it's well worth it if you wanna do a little Right Said Fred.
     
    ShootDaClubUp
    ShootDaClubUp
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 6495
    Posted: Aug. 21, 2011 - 7:56 PM ET #2

    My meat is 7 inches
    Reply
    My meat is 7 inches
     
    NJDevils
    NJDevils
    Covers Rehab
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 33122
    Posted: Aug. 22, 2011 - 12:53 PM ET #3

    good luck stuiffing your body with fat as a weight loss ploy
    Reply
    good luck stuiffing your body with fat as a weight loss ploy
     
    sharpaction
    sharpaction
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2002
    Posts: 12928
    Posted: Aug. 22, 2011 - 1:05 PM ET #4

    Actually your body uses fat for fuel on this diet not protein.
    You will lose weight on this diet but most people can't stay on it for too long because they miss their carbs too much. Its is a much healthier diet than the SAD and the higher fat consumption keeps you satiated for longer periods of time.  Fat is more efficient than glucose for fuel in our bodies and your blood sugar remains stable with the lower carbohydrate consumption. If you go back to eating as many carbs as you did before you started the diet then there is a good chance you will gain back most or all of the weight you lost so the important thing is to try and keep your carbohydrate consumption to about 75-100 grams a day to maintain your weight.
    Reply
    Actually your body uses fat for fuel on this diet not protein.
    You will lose weight on this diet but most people can't stay on it for too long because they miss their carbs too much. Its is a much healthier diet than the SAD and the higher fat consumption keeps you satiated for longer periods of time.  Fat is more efficient than glucose for fuel in our bodies and your blood sugar remains stable with the lower carbohydrate consumption. If you go back to eating as many carbs as you did before you started the diet then there is a good chance you will gain back most or all of the weight you lost so the important thing is to try and keep your carbohydrate consumption to about 75-100 grams a day to maintain your weight.
     
    SarahJPhilli
    SarahJPhilli
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 10104
    Posted: Aug. 22, 2011 - 1:26 PM ET #5

    I agree, this is a lifestyle change as are other "diets," too. The idea of a diet is to change eating patterns over an extended period of time, not just a crash weight loss system.

    After the early stages of Atkin's, you have to gauge how many carbohydrates you can consume to maintain the weight.

    I'm eat pretty healthy as it is, so my diet is mainly egg whites, seafood (YUM!), fruits, and veggies for now.

    I do miss peanut butter and jelly sandwiches though.


    Reply
    I agree, this is a lifestyle change as are other "diets," too. The idea of a diet is to change eating patterns over an extended period of time, not just a crash weight loss system.

    After the early stages of Atkin's, you have to gauge how many carbohydrates you can consume to maintain the weight.

    I'm eat pretty healthy as it is, so my diet is mainly egg whites, seafood (YUM!), fruits, and veggies for now.

    I do miss peanut butter and jelly sandwiches though.


     
    Full-Grown
    Full-Grown
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 229
    Posted: Aug. 22, 2011 - 2:13 PM ET #6

    Do Bee Wilder's candida diet if you want to gain overall health and not just lose weight.  It's a low carb diet that is to cure all types of illnesses.  The most healing food on the planet is organic extra virgin coconut oil and is a big part of her diet.  Google Bee Wilder's candida diet.  GL to all out there who try it.  PM me if you have any questions about it. 
    Reply
    Do Bee Wilder's candida diet if you want to gain overall health and not just lose weight.  It's a low carb diet that is to cure all types of illnesses.  The most healing food on the planet is organic extra virgin coconut oil and is a big part of her diet.  Google Bee Wilder's candida diet.  GL to all out there who try it.  PM me if you have any questions about it. 
     
    FriedShrimp
    FriedShrimp
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 20685
    Posted: Aug. 23, 2011 - 12:31 AM ET #7

    If not eating carbs, could take a fiber supplement..... Have had quality results with Metamucil powder. The orange flavor.
    Reply
    If not eating carbs, could take a fiber supplement..... Have had quality results with Metamucil powder. The orange flavor.
     
    FriedShrimp
    FriedShrimp
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 20685
    Posted: Aug. 23, 2011 - 12:33 AM ET #8

    And don't forget about pork rinds.... Carb free!!
    Reply
    And don't forget about pork rinds.... Carb free!!
     
    SarahJPhilli
    SarahJPhilli
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 10104
    Posted: Aug. 23, 2011 - 1:07 AM ET #9

    You actually have a lot of dietary fiber in this diet from the Atkin's bars.
    Reply
    You actually have a lot of dietary fiber in this diet from the Atkin's bars.
     
    dl36
    dl36
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2003
    Posts: 27850
    Posted: Aug. 23, 2011 - 3:27 AM ET #10

    I am actually from the same neck of the woods that you are from...

    I had an exgirlfriend who decided to go on atkins with her friends and all of them were hot...

    But when the 4 of them got together then flatulence was unbearable...  I remember being in a car with the 4 of them packed in a car driving home from dinner at the chart house for one of her friend's b-days and I thought I was going to pass out...

    I wanted to roll down the window, but as you know it was pouring rain... and every time I thought it was getting better there would be another fart ripped... . You knew that they were trying to hold it in which only made it worse because it had time to marinate...and the silent ones were the worst because they just crept up.. and then to have 4 girls with all their unique smells and what they had for dinner was just such a turn off... 

    It changed how I thought about her and her friends even though they were all attractive and benefiting from the diet...
    Reply
    I am actually from the same neck of the woods that you are from...

    I had an exgirlfriend who decided to go on atkins with her friends and all of them were hot...

    But when the 4 of them got together then flatulence was unbearable...  I remember being in a car with the 4 of them packed in a car driving home from dinner at the chart house for one of her friend's b-days and I thought I was going to pass out...

    I wanted to roll down the window, but as you know it was pouring rain... and every time I thought it was getting better there would be another fart ripped... . You knew that they were trying to hold it in which only made it worse because it had time to marinate...and the silent ones were the worst because they just crept up.. and then to have 4 girls with all their unique smells and what they had for dinner was just such a turn off... 

    It changed how I thought about her and her friends even though they were all attractive and benefiting from the diet...
     
    Henry-Lilly
    Henry-Lilly
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 10502
    Posted: Aug. 23, 2011 - 12:32 PM ET #11

    Quote Originally Posted by dl36:

    I am actually from the same neck of the woods that you are from...

    I had an exgirlfriend who decided to go on atkins with her friends and all of them were hot...

    But when the 4 of them got together then flatulence was unbearable...  I remember being in a car with the 4 of them packed in a car driving home from dinner at the chart house for one of her friend's b-days and I thought I was going to pass out...

    I wanted to roll down the window, but as you know it was pouring rain... and every time I thought it was getting better there would be another fart ripped... . You knew that they were trying to hold it in which only made it worse because it had time to marinate...and the silent ones were the worst because they just crept up.. and then to have 4 girls with all their unique smells and what they had for dinner was just such a turn off... 

    It changed how I thought about her and her friends even though they were all attractive and benefiting from the diet...



    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by dl36:

    I am actually from the same neck of the woods that you are from...

    I had an exgirlfriend who decided to go on atkins with her friends and all of them were hot...

    But when the 4 of them got together then flatulence was unbearable...  I remember being in a car with the 4 of them packed in a car driving home from dinner at the chart house for one of her friend's b-days and I thought I was going to pass out...

    I wanted to roll down the window, but as you know it was pouring rain... and every time I thought it was getting better there would be another fart ripped... . You knew that they were trying to hold it in which only made it worse because it had time to marinate...and the silent ones were the worst because they just crept up.. and then to have 4 girls with all their unique smells and what they had for dinner was just such a turn off... 

    It changed how I thought about her and her friends even though they were all attractive and benefiting from the diet...



     
    SarahJPhilli
    SarahJPhilli
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 10104
    Posted: Aug. 23, 2011 - 1:41 PM ET #12

    Quote Originally Posted by dl36:

    I am actually from the same neck of the woods that you are from...

    I had an exgirlfriend who decided to go on atkins with her friends and all of them were hot...

    But when the 4 of them got together then flatulence was unbearable...  I remember being in a car with the 4 of them packed in a car driving home from dinner at the chart house for one of her friend's b-days and I thought I was going to pass out...

    I wanted to roll down the window, but as you know it was pouring rain... and every time I thought it was getting better there would be another fart ripped... . You knew that they were trying to hold it in which only made it worse because it had time to marinate...and the silent ones were the worst because they just crept up.. and then to have 4 girls with all their unique smells and what they had for dinner was just such a turn off... 

    It changed how I thought about her and her friends even though they were all attractive and benefiting from the diet...


    Your friends just have a farting problem.

    Atkin's doesn't cause this side effect.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by dl36:

    I am actually from the same neck of the woods that you are from...

    I had an exgirlfriend who decided to go on atkins with her friends and all of them were hot...

    But when the 4 of them got together then flatulence was unbearable...  I remember being in a car with the 4 of them packed in a car driving home from dinner at the chart house for one of her friend's b-days and I thought I was going to pass out...

    I wanted to roll down the window, but as you know it was pouring rain... and every time I thought it was getting better there would be another fart ripped... . You knew that they were trying to hold it in which only made it worse because it had time to marinate...and the silent ones were the worst because they just crept up.. and then to have 4 girls with all their unique smells and what they had for dinner was just such a turn off... 

    It changed how I thought about her and her friends even though they were all attractive and benefiting from the diet...


    Your friends just have a farting problem.

    Atkin's doesn't cause this side effect.
     
    AustinHoopDream
    AustinHoopDream
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2006
    Posts: 8408
    Posted: Aug. 23, 2011 - 1:41 PM ET #13

    how appropriate, as you were forced to eat crow a few days ago...how was the crow meat???


    Reply
    how appropriate, as you were forced to eat crow a few days ago...how was the crow meat???


     
    dl36
    dl36
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2003
    Posts: 27850
    Posted: Aug. 24, 2011 - 12:39 AM ET #14

    Quote Originally Posted by SarahJPhilli:



    Your friends just have a farting problem.

    Atkin's doesn't cause this side effect.


    What restaurants in PDX are atkins friendly?  Chart house was really cool about it but was really spendy...   youve been to the chart house before right?


    It is pretty common that people experience gas when doing atkins... 

    Try this... google the words "atkins flatulence"... 


    Here is one directly from the atkins.com website...
    https://community.atkins.com/discussions/viewTopic/p/topicId/5299359/Flatulence_and_Bad.htm?messageBoardId=1198&order=Recently%20updated&flags=&viewSelect=Recently%20updated&forum=Fitness+and+Health


    The irony is that the girls lost weight and looked better, but could not get through the 1-2 hours after a meal without totally clearing the room...
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahJPhilli:



    Your friends just have a farting problem.

    Atkin's doesn't cause this side effect.


    What restaurants in PDX are atkins friendly?  Chart house was really cool about it but was really spendy...   youve been to the chart house before right?


    It is pretty common that people experience gas when doing atkins... 

    Try this... google the words "atkins flatulence"... 


    Here is one directly from the atkins.com website...
    https://community.atkins.com/discussions/viewTopic/p/topicId/5299359/Flatulence_and_Bad.htm?messageBoardId=1198&order=Recently%20updated&flags=&viewSelect=Recently%20updated&forum=Fitness+and+Health


    The irony is that the girls lost weight and looked better, but could not get through the 1-2 hours after a meal without totally clearing the room...
     
    sharpaction
    sharpaction
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2002
    Posts: 12928
    Posted: Aug. 24, 2011 - 1:02 AM ET #15

    It is probably the sugar alcohol in the Atkins bars that causes the flatulence. A diet like the Atkins diet will generally reduce flatulence because it cuts out carbohydrates such as bread, pasta and rice which are starches and are tougher for the body to break down than meat. Beans and other legumes, which also cause a lot of gas are also eliminated on this diet. 
    Reply
    It is probably the sugar alcohol in the Atkins bars that causes the flatulence. A diet like the Atkins diet will generally reduce flatulence because it cuts out carbohydrates such as bread, pasta and rice which are starches and are tougher for the body to break down than meat. Beans and other legumes, which also cause a lot of gas are also eliminated on this diet. 
     
    SarahJPhilli
    SarahJPhilli
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 10104
    Posted: Aug. 24, 2011 - 3:20 AM ET #16

    Your friends should try some pills for their gas.

    I haven't spoken with anyone having the similar problems.
    Reply
    Your friends should try some pills for their gas.

    I haven't spoken with anyone having the similar problems.
     
    dl36
    dl36
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2003
    Posts: 27850
    Posted: Aug. 24, 2011 - 3:59 AM ET #17

    Quote Originally Posted by SarahJPhilli:

    Your friends should try some pills for their gas.

    I haven't spoken with anyone having the similar problems.


    we are not friends anymore... partly due to the gas...

    Which quadrant of the PDX metro area do you hail from?  any good atkins restaurants you know of?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahJPhilli:

    Your friends should try some pills for their gas.

    I haven't spoken with anyone having the similar problems.


    we are not friends anymore... partly due to the gas...

    Which quadrant of the PDX metro area do you hail from?  any good atkins restaurants you know of?
     
    AustinHoopDream
    AustinHoopDream
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2006
    Posts: 8408
    Posted: Aug. 24, 2011 - 9:44 AM ET #18

    Quote Originally Posted by SarahJPhilli:

    Your friends should try some pills for their gas.

    I haven't spoken with anyone having the similar problems.

    saw you never answered..did you enjoy your full serving of crow? i have never tasted it and would love to know what it tastes like.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahJPhilli:

    Your friends should try some pills for their gas.

    I haven't spoken with anyone having the similar problems.

    saw you never answered..did you enjoy your full serving of crow? i have never tasted it and would love to know what it tastes like.
     
    Drewmans
    Drewmans
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2011
    Posts: 20
    Posted: Aug. 24, 2011 - 3:04 PM ET #19

    Does anyone know, can you work out 3-4 times a week without taking in any carbohydrates?  I want to get over a plateua I am stuck on in my weight loss, and I beleive Atkins could help, but don't want to quit my exercise program...

    Reply

    Does anyone know, can you work out 3-4 times a week without taking in any carbohydrates?  I want to get over a plateua I am stuck on in my weight loss, and I beleive Atkins could help, but don't want to quit my exercise program...

     
    sharpaction
    sharpaction
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2002
    Posts: 12928
    Posted: Aug. 24, 2011 - 3:35 PM ET #20

    Quote Originally Posted by Drewmans:

    Does anyone know, can you work out 3-4 times a week without taking in any carbohydrates?  I want to get over a plateua I am stuck on in my weight loss, and I beleive Atkins could help, but don't want to quit my exercise program...


    You can work out without taking in any carbs but if your body is used to burning glucose then it will take 3-4 weeks for your body to adapt to burning fat instead of glucose. In the period in which your body adapts to burning fat instead of glucose you may feel a bit weak or sluggish but once your body adapts you will have just as much or more energy than before. No need to quit your exercise program. Just reduce your carb intake so that you are consuming between 0-50 grams a day and you should be able to continue to lose weight.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewmans:

    Does anyone know, can you work out 3-4 times a week without taking in any carbohydrates?  I want to get over a plateua I am stuck on in my weight loss, and I beleive Atkins could help, but don't want to quit my exercise program...


    You can work out without taking in any carbs but if your body is used to burning glucose then it will take 3-4 weeks for your body to adapt to burning fat instead of glucose. In the period in which your body adapts to burning fat instead of glucose you may feel a bit weak or sluggish but once your body adapts you will have just as much or more energy than before. No need to quit your exercise program. Just reduce your carb intake so that you are consuming between 0-50 grams a day and you should be able to continue to lose weight.
     
    dl36
    dl36
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2003
    Posts: 27850
    Posted: May. 6, 2012 - 3:42 AM ET #21

    went to the chart house recently on a clear day to see the nice view... luckily the girl I was with is not on atkins...

    but I did think about that night years ago
    Reply
    went to the chart house recently on a clear day to see the nice view... luckily the girl I was with is not on atkins...

    but I did think about that night years ago
     
    TRAIN69
    TRAIN69
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2002
    Posts: 55694
    Posted: May. 7, 2012 - 10:14 AM ET #22

    Quote Originally Posted by sharpaction:

    It is probably the sugar alcohol in the Atkins bars that causes the flatulence. A diet like the Atkins diet will generally reduce flatulence because it cuts out carbohydrates such as bread, pasta and rice which are starches and are tougher for the body to break down than meat. Beans and other legumes, which also cause a lot of gas are also eliminated on this diet. 


    Whats up Sharp!?


    Any fruits/veggies you would recommend for the low carb diet (once past the 1st phase). I am eating a ton of spinach and a few strawberries/blackberries/blueberries as of now. I havent eaten an apple in forever. Do you know if there is much of a difference in red vs green apples? I read an article that basically had apples on the same sugar level as berries. Is that true? Is the the amount of fiber the helps?


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpaction:

    It is probably the sugar alcohol in the Atkins bars that causes the flatulence. A diet like the Atkins diet will generally reduce flatulence because it cuts out carbohydrates such as bread, pasta and rice which are starches and are tougher for the body to break down than meat. Beans and other legumes, which also cause a lot of gas are also eliminated on this diet. 


    Whats up Sharp!?


    Any fruits/veggies you would recommend for the low carb diet (once past the 1st phase). I am eating a ton of spinach and a few strawberries/blackberries/blueberries as of now. I havent eaten an apple in forever. Do you know if there is much of a difference in red vs green apples? I read an article that basically had apples on the same sugar level as berries. Is that true? Is the the amount of fiber the helps?


     
    be easy
    be easy
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 15433
    Posted: May. 7, 2012 - 12:54 PM ET #23

    train,,,just google how much sugar in fruit,,,the info is out there

    when carb counting, fiber packed foods, are what gets you to NET carbs

    10g of sugar
    6g of fiber
    = 4g of NET carbs

    i eat an orange after bfast, or take an apple with me on a long day of work. ONce you have trained your body to burn fat stores rather than crave quick energy via carbs, you ought be able to ease some fruits into your diet. But at the end of the day, sugar is sugar no matter how you slice it
    Reply
    train,,,just google how much sugar in fruit,,,the info is out there

    when carb counting, fiber packed foods, are what gets you to NET carbs

    10g of sugar
    6g of fiber
    = 4g of NET carbs

    i eat an orange after bfast, or take an apple with me on a long day of work. ONce you have trained your body to burn fat stores rather than crave quick energy via carbs, you ought be able to ease some fruits into your diet. But at the end of the day, sugar is sugar no matter how you slice it
     
    AC4LIFE
    AC4LIFE
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 3709
    Posted: May. 8, 2012 - 10:20 AM ET #24

    number 1 mistake people make on their diet:
    1) eat just protein - your muscles won't this as you are using for energy
    2) eat no sugar - some natural sugar is great for you 
    Reply
    number 1 mistake people make on their diet:
    1) eat just protein - your muscles won't this as you are using for energy
    2) eat no sugar - some natural sugar is great for you 
     
     
    jv040
    jv040
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2009
    Posts: 1479
    Posted: May. 16, 2012 - 12:27 PM ET #25

    I was thinking about the atkins diet myself. sounds easy and I would have no problems with it.
    Reply
    I was thinking about the atkins diet myself. sounds easy and I would have no problems with it.
    All Forums | Food & Fitness
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 456,328
    • Friday 10/02/2026 905
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 266,312
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 31,103
    • Steelers vs Browns in-game live TNF 2,122
    • PART DEUX 230
    • Week 5 Money 6,817
    • NCAA WEEK 5 ***Mission Impossible: Fade me and win *** 5,394
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,754
    • Delaware QB Nick Minicucci 4,067

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.