• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | NHL Betting Forum

    General Sharps 2014-2015 NHL Picks

    «First Previous 345 ... 474849 Next Last»
    vince24L
    rivermonsterz
    GeneralSharp
    Russ-SVTF150
    Kipper
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 133647
    Posts: 1204
    «First Previous 345 ... 474849 Next Last»
     
    vince24L
    vince24L
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 201
    Posted: Oct. 10, 2014 - 7:23 PM ET #51

    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSharp:


    I don't pick my plays. I buy blank dice and I write the teams on the sides of the dice. I then put cat nip on it and let my cat bat it around. Whatever it lands on after she is bored I play.



    YOU STOLE MY SYSTEM!!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSharp:


    I don't pick my plays. I buy blank dice and I write the teams on the sides of the dice. I then put cat nip on it and let my cat bat it around. Whatever it lands on after she is bored I play.



    YOU STOLE MY SYSTEM!!
     
    rivermonsterz
    rivermonsterz
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2013
    Posts: 1033
    Posted: Oct. 10, 2014 - 7:59 PM ET #52

    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSharp:


    I don't pick my plays. I buy blank dice and I write the teams on the sides of the dice. I then put cat nip on it and let my cat bat it around. Whatever it lands on after she is bored I play.


    Without any explanation or reasoning to go with your tips, this seems completely feasible.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSharp:


    I don't pick my plays. I buy blank dice and I write the teams on the sides of the dice. I then put cat nip on it and let my cat bat it around. Whatever it lands on after she is bored I play.


    Without any explanation or reasoning to go with your tips, this seems completely feasible.

     
    GeneralSharp
    GeneralSharp
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 634
    Posted: Oct. 10, 2014 - 8:23 PM ET #53

    Quote Originally Posted by rivermonsterz:

    Without any explanation or reasoning to go with your tips, this seems completely feasible.


    It's not my job to hold your hand and lay out for you how I cap games. I don't mind helping out and posting picks, but you said my picks were terrible after just 8 plays. One tie I was 43 seconds away from a +285 win, that would have me in the black. So you are way out of line. 

    I bet dogs and ties a lot. If you don't want to tail then don't. Don't come in here after 8 plays, down a whopping 2.6 units and cry and complain. 


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by rivermonsterz:

    Without any explanation or reasoning to go with your tips, this seems completely feasible.


    It's not my job to hold your hand and lay out for you how I cap games. I don't mind helping out and posting picks, but you said my picks were terrible after just 8 plays. One tie I was 43 seconds away from a +285 win, that would have me in the black. So you are way out of line. 

    I bet dogs and ties a lot. If you don't want to tail then don't. Don't come in here after 8 plays, down a whopping 2.6 units and cry and complain. 


     
    Russ-SVTF150
    Russ-SVTF150
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 101
    Posted: Oct. 10, 2014 - 9:30 PM ET #54

    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSharp:


    I don't pick my plays. I buy blank dice and I write the teams on the sides of the dice. I then put cat nip on it and let my cat bat it around. Whatever it lands on after she is bored I play.


    Awesome Gen... that cat is worth some  nice hit tonight with the over.... tmw's schedule looks huge...any idea how many plays or u still gotta run the numbers??? Do you ever feel that you need to set a limit on the number of plays in a day? Or is it just all +EV plays.....

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSharp:


    I don't pick my plays. I buy blank dice and I write the teams on the sides of the dice. I then put cat nip on it and let my cat bat it around. Whatever it lands on after she is bored I play.


    Awesome Gen... that cat is worth some  nice hit tonight with the over.... tmw's schedule looks huge...any idea how many plays or u still gotta run the numbers??? Do you ever feel that you need to set a limit on the number of plays in a day? Or is it just all +EV plays.....

     
    GeneralSharp
    GeneralSharp
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 634
    Posted: Oct. 10, 2014 - 9:43 PM ET #55

    Thanks kitty.

    NYI@CAR - OVER 5.5 2.04 (+104) - WIN $204, $104 profit

    Overall cost of bets: $100
    Overall winnings: $204
    Overall profit: +$104, 1.04 units


    Record to Date: 3W - 7L
    Starting Bankroll: $10,000
    Current Bankroll: $9,840
    Total Profit in $: -$160
    Total Profit in Units: -1.60 

    Thanks Russ. I just bet +EV plays. There could be ten in one day, or just one. Every day is different. 

    My NHL system is based on player evaluations. I don't use generalized stats like goals scored, goals against. Every coach has their own style of play and some work well vs. others, and some don't. It's all about matchups.

    Will have Saturday's plays tomorrow afternoon, at least
    3 hours before game time. Just waiting on starting goalies and lineups. Cheers





    Reply
    Thanks kitty.

    NYI@CAR - OVER 5.5 2.04 (+104) - WIN $204, $104 profit

    Overall cost of bets: $100
    Overall winnings: $204
    Overall profit: +$104, 1.04 units


    Record to Date: 3W - 7L
    Starting Bankroll: $10,000
    Current Bankroll: $9,840
    Total Profit in $: -$160
    Total Profit in Units: -1.60 

    Thanks Russ. I just bet +EV plays. There could be ten in one day, or just one. Every day is different. 

    My NHL system is based on player evaluations. I don't use generalized stats like goals scored, goals against. Every coach has their own style of play and some work well vs. others, and some don't. It's all about matchups.

    Will have Saturday's plays tomorrow afternoon, at least
    3 hours before game time. Just waiting on starting goalies and lineups. Cheers





     
    Kipper
    Kipper
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2014
    Posts: 6719
    Posted: Oct. 10, 2014 - 11:02 PM ET #56

    Quote Originally Posted by rivermonsterz:

    General how do you make your selections? No offence but some of the picks you have made were terrible from a handicapping perspective. Well at least from my perspective.
    any chance going forward you can list your reasons for your selections? At the moment it just looks like you are picking plays at random based on a hunch.
    good luck moving forward general.

    Could you elaborate which of these picks were "terrible from a handicapping perspective"  I would like to avoid terrible picks in the future. Thank you
    CLB Puck line (-1.5) 3.48 (+248)
    FLA@TAM OVER 5.5 1.95 (-105)
    CHI@DAL OVER 5.5 1.88 (-112)
    COL@MIN TIE 3.85 (+285)
    EDM ML 1.67 (-149)

    BOL for Saturday General 

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by rivermonsterz:

    General how do you make your selections? No offence but some of the picks you have made were terrible from a handicapping perspective. Well at least from my perspective.
    any chance going forward you can list your reasons for your selections? At the moment it just looks like you are picking plays at random based on a hunch.
    good luck moving forward general.

    Could you elaborate which of these picks were "terrible from a handicapping perspective"  I would like to avoid terrible picks in the future. Thank you
    CLB Puck line (-1.5) 3.48 (+248)
    FLA@TAM OVER 5.5 1.95 (-105)
    CHI@DAL OVER 5.5 1.88 (-112)
    COL@MIN TIE 3.85 (+285)
    EDM ML 1.67 (-149)

    BOL for Saturday General 

     
    rivermonsterz
    rivermonsterz
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2013
    Posts: 1033
    Posted: Oct. 10, 2014 - 11:18 PM ET #57

    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSharp:


    It's not my job to hold your hand and lay out for you how I cap games. I don't mind helping out and posting picks, but you said my picks were terrible after just 8 plays. One tie I was 43 seconds away from a +285 win, that would have me in the black. So you are way out of line. 

    I bet dogs and ties a lot. If you don't want to tail then don't. Don't come in here after 8 plays, down a whopping 2.6 units and cry and complain. 


    I don't need anyone to hold my hand thanks mate, I do perfectly fine with my own methods.

    43 seconds away is as good as being 60 minutes away.

    As I said before good luck.

    But just warning the newbies that maybe try tailing someone who explains their reasoning as opposed to blindly tailing this.

    1) You will learn more about the sport and how to make better selections yourself

    2) Without even one line of why he likes that pick, its basically because of a hunch. Now don't get me wrong some people are good at this method, and maybe general is one of those. But to the newbies you aren't doing yourselves any favours.

    Peace out, and good luck for the rest of the NHL season.

    I hope to see you have made some juicy profits when I check back before the break.

     

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSharp:


    It's not my job to hold your hand and lay out for you how I cap games. I don't mind helping out and posting picks, but you said my picks were terrible after just 8 plays. One tie I was 43 seconds away from a +285 win, that would have me in the black. So you are way out of line. 

    I bet dogs and ties a lot. If you don't want to tail then don't. Don't come in here after 8 plays, down a whopping 2.6 units and cry and complain. 


    I don't need anyone to hold my hand thanks mate, I do perfectly fine with my own methods.

    43 seconds away is as good as being 60 minutes away.

    As I said before good luck.

    But just warning the newbies that maybe try tailing someone who explains their reasoning as opposed to blindly tailing this.

    1) You will learn more about the sport and how to make better selections yourself

    2) Without even one line of why he likes that pick, its basically because of a hunch. Now don't get me wrong some people are good at this method, and maybe general is one of those. But to the newbies you aren't doing yourselves any favours.

    Peace out, and good luck for the rest of the NHL season.

    I hope to see you have made some juicy profits when I check back before the break.

     

     
    Leaffan62
    Leaffan62
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2013
    Posts: 32
    Posted: Oct. 10, 2014 - 11:24 PM ET #58

    Thanks Sharp. Back on track
    Reply
    Thanks Sharp. Back on track
     
    R-30
    R-30
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2014
    Posts: 32
    Posted: Oct. 11, 2014 - 3:11 AM ET #59

    Good pick on the over tonight!
    Reply
    Good pick on the over tonight!
     
    Motherflickee
    Motherflickee
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 1257
    Posted: Oct. 11, 2014 - 9:44 AM ET #60

    Quote Originally Posted by rivermonsterz:

    I don't need anyone to hold my hand thanks mate, I do perfectly fine with my own methods.

    43 seconds away is as good as being 60 minutes away.

    As I said before good luck.

    But just warning the newbies that maybe try tailing someone who explains their reasoning as opposed to blindly tailing this.

    1) You will learn more about the sport and how to make better selections yourself

    2) Without even one line of why he likes that pick, its basically because of a hunch. Now don't get me wrong some people are good at this method, and maybe general is one of those. But to the newbies you aren't doing yourselves any favours.

    Peace out, and good luck for the rest of the NHL season.

    I hope to see you have made some juicy profits when I check back before the break.

     


    The General is kind enough, after putting in his valuable time,to  post his picks here.

    He doesn't owe anybody, anything.

    If you want his reasoning then get his payment instructions and send him money.

    Get it?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by rivermonsterz:

    I don't need anyone to hold my hand thanks mate, I do perfectly fine with my own methods.

    43 seconds away is as good as being 60 minutes away.

    As I said before good luck.

    But just warning the newbies that maybe try tailing someone who explains their reasoning as opposed to blindly tailing this.

    1) You will learn more about the sport and how to make better selections yourself

    2) Without even one line of why he likes that pick, its basically because of a hunch. Now don't get me wrong some people are good at this method, and maybe general is one of those. But to the newbies you aren't doing yourselves any favours.

    Peace out, and good luck for the rest of the NHL season.

    I hope to see you have made some juicy profits when I check back before the break.

     


    The General is kind enough, after putting in his valuable time,to  post his picks here.

    He doesn't owe anybody, anything.

    If you want his reasoning then get his payment instructions and send him money.

    Get it?
     
    SchoolBus
    SchoolBus
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 153
    Posted: Oct. 11, 2014 - 10:05 AM ET #61

    An Aussie questioning a Canadian's ability to cap hockey 

    Only on Covers 
    Reply
    An Aussie questioning a Canadian's ability to cap hockey 

    Only on Covers 
     
    SchoolBus
    SchoolBus
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 153
    Posted: Oct. 11, 2014 - 10:09 AM ET #62

    Quote Originally Posted by rivermonsterz:

    I don't need anyone to hold my hand thanks mate, I do perfectly fine with my own methods.


    Typical troll, keeps no records but we'll take your word for it, eh? Even though your post history shows all you do is try to find some thoughtless system to easy money.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by rivermonsterz:

    I don't need anyone to hold my hand thanks mate, I do perfectly fine with my own methods.


    Typical troll, keeps no records but we'll take your word for it, eh? Even though your post history shows all you do is try to find some thoughtless system to easy money.
     
    SchoolBus
    SchoolBus
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 153
    Posted: Oct. 11, 2014 - 10:11 AM ET #63

    Quote Originally Posted by rivermonsterz:

    43 seconds away is as good as being 60 minutes away.

     


    No, it isn't. 43 seconds from nearly 3:1 payout is advantage betting.

    60 minutes away would be a pick that was never competitive.

    Please learn the basics on sports investing before any more nonsense.

    Don't lose any more sleep over the 'newbies' in here. They'll be just fine, Lance 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by rivermonsterz:

    43 seconds away is as good as being 60 minutes away.

     


    No, it isn't. 43 seconds from nearly 3:1 payout is advantage betting.

    60 minutes away would be a pick that was never competitive.

    Please learn the basics on sports investing before any more nonsense.

    Don't lose any more sleep over the 'newbies' in here. They'll be just fine, Lance 
     
    GeneralSharp
    GeneralSharp
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 634
    Posted: Oct. 11, 2014 - 10:34 AM ET #64

    Thanks schoolbus, lol, love the name, mother, R, Leaf, appreciate it. 

    RiverMonsterz, if you read my threads, I take a lot of time to explain and respond to everyone with fair, constructive advice. If you come into the thread and start insulting me, I won't take kindly to it if it's unjustified. I have teenage kids, I get enough of that crap.

    I keep very accurate records and I have said before I don't want to write out my whole capping perspective. I have my own personal reasons. I have also said to people in the threads don't tail blindly, just watch the record over a few weeks and let the numbers do the talking. I can't win everyday. 

    It's just silly you think a game that was tied the pretty much the whole game and loses so close to winning, is the same as the 60 minutes away. A loss isn't a loss. Losing 5-0, and 4-3 is yes a loss, but from a handicapping perspective, you want to know why you lost, so you can at least see if you are on the right track. Then you can tweak your model and plug your leaks. You have to review every win or loss so you can see if you won by how you capped or dumb luck.

    Anyways, enough bantering. I have to run out and pick up more food for Canadian thanksgiving. At least it will get me away from the mother in law. 


    Today's Plays: Saturday October 11th: All lines are from Pinnacle Sports at the time of post.

    CAR@NYI - OVER 5.5 1.98 (-102)
    PIT@TOR - OVER 5.5 1.78 (-133)
    OTT@TB - OVER 5.5 1.94 (-106)
    STL Puck line (-1.5) 2.49 (+149)
    CHI Puck line (-1.5) 2.20 (+120)

    1 Unit each ($100 flat bet each game)

    Good luck guys! 

    Reply
    Thanks schoolbus, lol, love the name, mother, R, Leaf, appreciate it. 

    RiverMonsterz, if you read my threads, I take a lot of time to explain and respond to everyone with fair, constructive advice. If you come into the thread and start insulting me, I won't take kindly to it if it's unjustified. I have teenage kids, I get enough of that crap.

    I keep very accurate records and I have said before I don't want to write out my whole capping perspective. I have my own personal reasons. I have also said to people in the threads don't tail blindly, just watch the record over a few weeks and let the numbers do the talking. I can't win everyday. 

    It's just silly you think a game that was tied the pretty much the whole game and loses so close to winning, is the same as the 60 minutes away. A loss isn't a loss. Losing 5-0, and 4-3 is yes a loss, but from a handicapping perspective, you want to know why you lost, so you can at least see if you are on the right track. Then you can tweak your model and plug your leaks. You have to review every win or loss so you can see if you won by how you capped or dumb luck.

    Anyways, enough bantering. I have to run out and pick up more food for Canadian thanksgiving. At least it will get me away from the mother in law. 


    Today's Plays: Saturday October 11th: All lines are from Pinnacle Sports at the time of post.

    CAR@NYI - OVER 5.5 1.98 (-102)
    PIT@TOR - OVER 5.5 1.78 (-133)
    OTT@TB - OVER 5.5 1.94 (-106)
    STL Puck line (-1.5) 2.49 (+149)
    CHI Puck line (-1.5) 2.20 (+120)

    1 Unit each ($100 flat bet each game)

    Good luck guys! 

     
    R-30
    R-30
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2014
    Posts: 32
    Posted: Oct. 11, 2014 - 2:43 PM ET #65

    Let's hope for a positive night. Good luck to all!
    Reply
    Let's hope for a positive night. Good luck to all!
     
    ChaseWins
    ChaseWins
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2014
    Posts: 208
    Posted: Oct. 11, 2014 - 4:20 PM ET #66

    Thanks for taking the time to post.  Great stuff
    Reply
    Thanks for taking the time to post.  Great stuff
     
    d_opie
    d_opie
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2014
    Posts: 202
    Posted: Oct. 11, 2014 - 8:55 PM ET #67

    looking very good.
    thanks general
    Reply
    looking very good.
    thanks general
     
    Leaffan62
    Leaffan62
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2013
    Posts: 32
    Posted: Oct. 11, 2014 - 9:01 PM ET #68

    He sharp

    Any leans or picks on the late games

    Thanks buddy,
    Reply
    He sharp

    Any leans or picks on the late games

    Thanks buddy,
     
    Leaffan62
    Leaffan62
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2013
    Posts: 32
    Posted: Oct. 11, 2014 - 9:02 PM ET #69

    Curious to know general are you done with NFL
    Reply
    Curious to know general are you done with NFL
     
    potvin
    potvin
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2010
    Posts: 27577
    Posted: Oct. 11, 2014 - 9:14 PM ET #70

    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSharp:


    I don't pick my plays. I buy blank dice and I write the teams on the sides of the dice. I then put cat nip on it and let my cat bat it around. Whatever it lands on after she is bored I play.


    that's classic. don't kid yourself during a losing streak I have picked teams out of a hat. good luck!

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSharp:


    I don't pick my plays. I buy blank dice and I write the teams on the sides of the dice. I then put cat nip on it and let my cat bat it around. Whatever it lands on after she is bored I play.


    that's classic. don't kid yourself during a losing streak I have picked teams out of a hat. good luck!

     
    GeneralSharp
    GeneralSharp
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 634
    Posted: Oct. 11, 2014 - 9:39 PM ET #71

    Thanks guys. Hope Chicago wakes up. They got lazy.

    NFL I am only up 0.36 units on the season Leaf fan 62, lol I am terrible at NFL. 

    Will update after all the games. No late plays. Sorry. 
    Reply
    Thanks guys. Hope Chicago wakes up. They got lazy.

    NFL I am only up 0.36 units on the season Leaf fan 62, lol I am terrible at NFL. 

    Will update after all the games. No late plays. Sorry. 
     
    vince24L
    vince24L
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 201
    Posted: Oct. 11, 2014 - 11:02 PM ET #72

    Well done tonight. I got crushed on Phili and Detroit in the 3rd of both. 
    Reply
    Well done tonight. I got crushed on Phili and Detroit in the 3rd of both. 
     
    Leaffan62
    Leaffan62
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2013
    Posts: 32
    Posted: Oct. 11, 2014 - 11:09 PM ET #73

    Great Night Sharp,

     

    4-1  keep up the great work, look forward to tomorrows plays,

    Have a great thanksgiving week-end. I am also from Ontario

    Reply

    Great Night Sharp,

     

    4-1  keep up the great work, look forward to tomorrows plays,

    Have a great thanksgiving week-end. I am also from Ontario

     
    GeneralSharp
    GeneralSharp
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 634
    Posted: Oct. 11, 2014 - 11:10 PM ET #74

    Thanks Leaffan62, can we say McDavid?!!! ;)


    Great night going 4/5, +3.45 units. Good job kitty. Where is the Auzzie hockey expert?

    CAR@NYI - OVER 5.5 1.98 (-102) - WIN $198
    PIT@TOR - OVER 5.5 1.78 (-133) - WIN $178
    OTT@TB - OVER 5.5 1.94 (-106)  - LOSE $100 
    STL Puck line (-1.5) 2.49 (+149) - WIN $249
    CHI Puck line (-1.5) 2.20 (+120) - WIN $220


    Overall cost of bets: $500
    Overall winnings: $845
    Overall profit: +$345, +3.45 units


    Record to Date: 7W - 8L
    Starting Bankroll: $10,000
    Current Bankroll: $10,185
    Total Profit in $: +$185
    Total Profit in Units: +1.85 units


    Will have Sunday's plays in a few hours.  
    Reply
    Thanks Leaffan62, can we say McDavid?!!! ;)


    Great night going 4/5, +3.45 units. Good job kitty. Where is the Auzzie hockey expert?

    CAR@NYI - OVER 5.5 1.98 (-102) - WIN $198
    PIT@TOR - OVER 5.5 1.78 (-133) - WIN $178
    OTT@TB - OVER 5.5 1.94 (-106)  - LOSE $100 
    STL Puck line (-1.5) 2.49 (+149) - WIN $249
    CHI Puck line (-1.5) 2.20 (+120) - WIN $220


    Overall cost of bets: $500
    Overall winnings: $845
    Overall profit: +$345, +3.45 units


    Record to Date: 7W - 8L
    Starting Bankroll: $10,000
    Current Bankroll: $10,185
    Total Profit in $: +$185
    Total Profit in Units: +1.85 units


    Will have Sunday's plays in a few hours.  
     
     
    J.J. Dean
    J.J. Dean
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2002
    Posts: 775
    Posted: Oct. 11, 2014 - 11:11 PM ET #75

    Reply
    All Forums | NHL Betting Forum
    «First Previous 345 ... 474849 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 456,266
    • PART DEUX 215
    • Thursday 10/01/2026 754
    • Steelers vs Browns in-game live TNF 2,108
    • Cleveland Bettors 2,626
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 103,208
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 12,138
    • Happening just recently . . . 36,844
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 30,043
    • We have picked a terrible time to have the stupidest president ever 30,585

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.