• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Politics

    Dems push for delay of DNC

    «First Previous 1234 Next Last»
    THEMUGG
    StumpTownStu
    Raiders22
    UNIMAN
    ABooksNightmare
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 286
    Posts: 82
    «First Previous 1234 Next Last»
     
    THEMUGG
    THEMUGG
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 38234
    Posted: Jul. 18, 2024 - 10:02 PM ET #51

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    Quote Originally Posted by THEMUGG: @StumpTownStu  @ABooksNightmare   How did the west coast end up with all the far-left extremist whack-jobs? I'm up north of Seattle & the politicians in this state are pretty much the California JV squad. We're finally going to be rid of Inslee but the three-county lib squad up here will likely see to it that his protege is installed as Gov. Are you asking citizens, politicians, or both? The country's far-left, counter culture types have been coming west since, forever. The allure of the west goes back to the 1800s. Seattle, Portland, Saint Frank, and The Angels have always drawn the country's dreamers. Not every dreamer is a success though. Hippies dream. Junkies dream. Hell, hippies became junkie. And speed freaks. And this dynamic births a certain type of politician. A Nancy Pelosi. And Gavin Newsom.
    I come from a military family......we settled out here in the early 70's when Seattle was the boonies. It was fairly conservative back then.......til the 80's, when Cali's migrated north. My question was rhetorical, born out of frustration for how the people here continue to shoot themselves in the foot with their votes & then blame their problems on someone else. They claim "something has to change", then vote for the same morons again.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    Quote Originally Posted by THEMUGG: @StumpTownStu  @ABooksNightmare   How did the west coast end up with all the far-left extremist whack-jobs? I'm up north of Seattle & the politicians in this state are pretty much the California JV squad. We're finally going to be rid of Inslee but the three-county lib squad up here will likely see to it that his protege is installed as Gov. Are you asking citizens, politicians, or both? The country's far-left, counter culture types have been coming west since, forever. The allure of the west goes back to the 1800s. Seattle, Portland, Saint Frank, and The Angels have always drawn the country's dreamers. Not every dreamer is a success though. Hippies dream. Junkies dream. Hell, hippies became junkie. And speed freaks. And this dynamic births a certain type of politician. A Nancy Pelosi. And Gavin Newsom.
    I come from a military family......we settled out here in the early 70's when Seattle was the boonies. It was fairly conservative back then.......til the 80's, when Cali's migrated north. My question was rhetorical, born out of frustration for how the people here continue to shoot themselves in the foot with their votes & then blame their problems on someone else. They claim "something has to change", then vote for the same morons again.

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Jul. 18, 2024 - 11:32 PM ET #52

    @ABooksNightmare

     I agree with you one pretty much everything with one addendum. Northern California hasn't dealt with rolling blackouts, due to solar/wind energy. Renewables actually do quite well in California. Northern California deals with rolling black outs because utility companies, PG&E being the largest, will literally shut the grid down when it gets too hot, dry, and windy. Imagine that. The power company just shuts you down for fear of starting a wild fire, and getting sued. And this brings me to another of Gavin's failures. And the irony is I was just pondering this one a few hours ago, as I cleared dry fuel from my own property. Gavin has failed at fire management.

    Remember when Trump talked about raking the forest? And democrats laughed at his wording rather than taking a hard look at fire management? Well as I weeded, and mowed, and raked, I couldn't help but wonder, "What if instead on giving drugs to addicts, and health care to illegals, what if we paid Cal Fire crews, and paid them well, to manage are vast forests and bushlands? Cal Fire is incredibly underfunded. And those guys get paid dogshat to risk their lives. What if they were paid well? What if there were programs to introduce disadvantaged youths to fire fighting? What if there was a clear path from prison fire crew to a job on the outside? Nope, let's give illegal aliens health coverage. Let's give addicts free drugs.

    That brings me to another Gavin Newsom failure. He has fumbled the opioid crisis. And thats not just Newsom. Many cities and states are struggling but geez. It is the worse I have ever seen it. Fentanyl is creating absolute zombies. It had gotten so bad on the streets. The approach seems to be just let them all eventually die but the problem with that strategy is if you aren't steadfast in preventing the next generation of adicts, then what are we doing? It's a vicious cycle. And i'm seeing kids younger and younger strung out in these streets. When I was a teen, young adult, it was uncommon to see people my age full strung out in the streets. That was usually a lifetime of pour decisions and abuse that led to such predicaments. Not now. I'm seeing kids young enough to be my children. Late teens/early twenties. It has literally been breaking my heart.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    @ABooksNightmare

     I agree with you one pretty much everything with one addendum. Northern California hasn't dealt with rolling blackouts, due to solar/wind energy. Renewables actually do quite well in California. Northern California deals with rolling black outs because utility companies, PG&E being the largest, will literally shut the grid down when it gets too hot, dry, and windy. Imagine that. The power company just shuts you down for fear of starting a wild fire, and getting sued. And this brings me to another of Gavin's failures. And the irony is I was just pondering this one a few hours ago, as I cleared dry fuel from my own property. Gavin has failed at fire management.

    Remember when Trump talked about raking the forest? And democrats laughed at his wording rather than taking a hard look at fire management? Well as I weeded, and mowed, and raked, I couldn't help but wonder, "What if instead on giving drugs to addicts, and health care to illegals, what if we paid Cal Fire crews, and paid them well, to manage are vast forests and bushlands? Cal Fire is incredibly underfunded. And those guys get paid dogshat to risk their lives. What if they were paid well? What if there were programs to introduce disadvantaged youths to fire fighting? What if there was a clear path from prison fire crew to a job on the outside? Nope, let's give illegal aliens health coverage. Let's give addicts free drugs.

    That brings me to another Gavin Newsom failure. He has fumbled the opioid crisis. And thats not just Newsom. Many cities and states are struggling but geez. It is the worse I have ever seen it. Fentanyl is creating absolute zombies. It had gotten so bad on the streets. The approach seems to be just let them all eventually die but the problem with that strategy is if you aren't steadfast in preventing the next generation of adicts, then what are we doing? It's a vicious cycle. And i'm seeing kids younger and younger strung out in these streets. When I was a teen, young adult, it was uncommon to see people my age full strung out in the streets. That was usually a lifetime of pour decisions and abuse that led to such predicaments. Not now. I'm seeing kids young enough to be my children. Late teens/early twenties. It has literally been breaking my heart.

     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34350
    Posted: Jul. 18, 2024 - 11:50 PM ET #53

    Remember when Trump talked about raking the forest? And democrats laughed at his wording rather than taking a hard look at fire management?

    an_eek2

    Reply

    Remember when Trump talked about raking the forest? And democrats laughed at his wording rather than taking a hard look at fire management?

    an_eek2

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Jul. 19, 2024 - 12:33 AM ET #54

    California is like that aging starlet that doesn't realize that her star has faded, that she'll never book anything of note again, and she's now poor. The mansion hasn't been foreclosed upon yet but the wait staff, the groundskeepers, they're long gone. And the place is in disrepair. And the Tony you won for some production of whatever in the 80s, the big thing you starred in diected by so an so, the thing that made you a household name, doesn't mean jack squat in 2024.

    I thought I'd never leave California. Then 10 years ago I was breaking my neck to get out. I'm happy that I'm still there all of the time. It's still home. And truthfully, it's still amazing... but it's just so bad too.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    California is like that aging starlet that doesn't realize that her star has faded, that she'll never book anything of note again, and she's now poor. The mansion hasn't been foreclosed upon yet but the wait staff, the groundskeepers, they're long gone. And the place is in disrepair. And the Tony you won for some production of whatever in the 80s, the big thing you starred in diected by so an so, the thing that made you a household name, doesn't mean jack squat in 2024.

    I thought I'd never leave California. Then 10 years ago I was breaking my neck to get out. I'm happy that I'm still there all of the time. It's still home. And truthfully, it's still amazing... but it's just so bad too.

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Jul. 19, 2024 - 12:46 AM ET #55

    Quote Originally Posted by THEMUGG:

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu: Quote Originally Posted by THEMUGG: @StumpTownStu  @ABooksNightmare   How did the west coast end up with all the far-left extremist whack-jobs? I'm up north of Seattle & the politicians in this state are pretty much the California JV squad. We're finally going to be rid of Inslee but the three-county lib squad up here will likely see to it that his protege is installed as Gov. Are you asking citizens, politicians, or both? The country's far-left, counter culture types have been coming west since, forever. The allure of the west goes back to the 1800s. Seattle, Portland, Saint Frank, and The Angels have always drawn the country's dreamers. Not every dreamer is a success though. Hippies dream. Junkies dream. Hell, hippies became junkie. And speed freaks. And this dynamic births a certain type of politician. A Nancy Pelosi. And Gavin Newsom.I come from a military family......we settled out here in the early 70's when Seattle was the boonies. It was fairly conservative back then.......til the 80's, when Cali's migrated north. My question was rhetorical, born out of frustration for how the people here continue to shoot themselves in the foot with their votes & then blame their problems on someone else. They claim "something has to change", then vote for the same morons again.

    I often think of what Seattle and Portland must of been like, even just as far back 80s, let alone earlier. Timber towns. I really do love the northwest. I may be a transplant but I do have sincere love for this place. Rural, wet, green, orange, dry, fertile, baren.

    @THEMUGG

     Have you spent much/any time in central Washington? Striking. The first time I ever saw Grand Coulee, I was like, "What in the actual fukk!?"

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by THEMUGG:

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu: Quote Originally Posted by THEMUGG: @StumpTownStu  @ABooksNightmare   How did the west coast end up with all the far-left extremist whack-jobs? I'm up north of Seattle & the politicians in this state are pretty much the California JV squad. We're finally going to be rid of Inslee but the three-county lib squad up here will likely see to it that his protege is installed as Gov. Are you asking citizens, politicians, or both? The country's far-left, counter culture types have been coming west since, forever. The allure of the west goes back to the 1800s. Seattle, Portland, Saint Frank, and The Angels have always drawn the country's dreamers. Not every dreamer is a success though. Hippies dream. Junkies dream. Hell, hippies became junkie. And speed freaks. And this dynamic births a certain type of politician. A Nancy Pelosi. And Gavin Newsom.I come from a military family......we settled out here in the early 70's when Seattle was the boonies. It was fairly conservative back then.......til the 80's, when Cali's migrated north. My question was rhetorical, born out of frustration for how the people here continue to shoot themselves in the foot with their votes & then blame their problems on someone else. They claim "something has to change", then vote for the same morons again.

    I often think of what Seattle and Portland must of been like, even just as far back 80s, let alone earlier. Timber towns. I really do love the northwest. I may be a transplant but I do have sincere love for this place. Rural, wet, green, orange, dry, fertile, baren.

    @THEMUGG

     Have you spent much/any time in central Washington? Striking. The first time I ever saw Grand Coulee, I was like, "What in the actual fukk!?"

     
    THEMUGG
    THEMUGG
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 38234
    Posted: Jul. 19, 2024 - 3:25 AM ET #56

    @StumpTownStu

      Yeah I do........I love eastern WA & go over 2-3x a year, especially early on just to play some dry golf, lol. We used to go to Lk. Chelan a couple times a summer back when it was just a small summer town. It's bizarre how much land over there has been converted to growing grapes. It used to be apples was the biggest crop......now everyone makes wine. I had hopes to move over there in retirement, but it looks like the secret got out.

    Reply

    @StumpTownStu

      Yeah I do........I love eastern WA & go over 2-3x a year, especially early on just to play some dry golf, lol. We used to go to Lk. Chelan a couple times a summer back when it was just a small summer town. It's bizarre how much land over there has been converted to growing grapes. It used to be apples was the biggest crop......now everyone makes wine. I had hopes to move over there in retirement, but it looks like the secret got out.

     
    UNIMAN
    UNIMAN
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2014
    Posts: 10454
    Posted: Jul. 19, 2024 - 9:47 AM ET #57

    Quote Originally Posted by THEMUGG:

    @StumpTownStu  @ABooksNightmare   How did the west coast end up with all the far-left extremist whack-jobs? I'm up north of Seattle & the politicians in this state are pretty much the California JV squad. We're finally going to be rid of Inslee but the three-county lib squad up here will likely see to it that his protege is installed as Gov.

    It's like a sickness, a pandemic, and just keeps spreading. Nevada saw and is seeing the same thing. I remember driving 60 miles and spending two hours in government training just to be told if a man wants to use the ladies restroom he can because today he may feel like a woman. And a woman may want to back her behind up to a urinal today and use the men's room.

    Then I met with Nevada Power. All casino backup power diesel generators will be replaced by batteries soon. Still waiting on that one.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by THEMUGG:

    @StumpTownStu  @ABooksNightmare   How did the west coast end up with all the far-left extremist whack-jobs? I'm up north of Seattle & the politicians in this state are pretty much the California JV squad. We're finally going to be rid of Inslee but the three-county lib squad up here will likely see to it that his protege is installed as Gov.

    It's like a sickness, a pandemic, and just keeps spreading. Nevada saw and is seeing the same thing. I remember driving 60 miles and spending two hours in government training just to be told if a man wants to use the ladies restroom he can because today he may feel like a woman. And a woman may want to back her behind up to a urinal today and use the men's room.

    Then I met with Nevada Power. All casino backup power diesel generators will be replaced by batteries soon. Still waiting on that one.

     
    UNIMAN
    UNIMAN
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2014
    Posts: 10454
    Posted: Jul. 19, 2024 - 10:06 AM ET #58

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    .....That brings me to another Gavin Newsom failure. He has fumbled the opioid crisis. And thats not just Newsom. Many cities and states are struggling but geez. It is the worse I have ever seen it. Fentanyl is creating absolute zombies. It had gotten so bad on the streets. The approach seems to be just let them all eventually die but the problem with that strategy is if you aren't steadfast in preventing the next generation of adicts, then what are we doing? It's a vicious cycle. And i'm seeing kids younger and younger strung out in these streets. When I was a teen, young adult, it was uncommon to see people my age full strung out in the streets. That was usually a lifetime of pour decisions and abuse that led to such predicaments. Not now. I'm seeing kids young enough to be my children. Late teens/early twenties. It has literally been breaking my heart.

     

    Everytime the opiod/fentanyl crisis comes to mind one post here on Covers comes back to me. JOE BIDEN DIARY thread, post #63.

    Nature1970, March 2021; Drugs? Mexican sour ed fentynl methaphatimes and coke is better cheaper and easier to obtain. Under Trump a gram of coke hard up here was 100 now 50 a g. Under Biden it went back to 10 a point. an_light

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    .....That brings me to another Gavin Newsom failure. He has fumbled the opioid crisis. And thats not just Newsom. Many cities and states are struggling but geez. It is the worse I have ever seen it. Fentanyl is creating absolute zombies. It had gotten so bad on the streets. The approach seems to be just let them all eventually die but the problem with that strategy is if you aren't steadfast in preventing the next generation of adicts, then what are we doing? It's a vicious cycle. And i'm seeing kids younger and younger strung out in these streets. When I was a teen, young adult, it was uncommon to see people my age full strung out in the streets. That was usually a lifetime of pour decisions and abuse that led to such predicaments. Not now. I'm seeing kids young enough to be my children. Late teens/early twenties. It has literally been breaking my heart.

     

    Everytime the opiod/fentanyl crisis comes to mind one post here on Covers comes back to me. JOE BIDEN DIARY thread, post #63.

    Nature1970, March 2021; Drugs? Mexican sour ed fentynl methaphatimes and coke is better cheaper and easier to obtain. Under Trump a gram of coke hard up here was 100 now 50 a g. Under Biden it went back to 10 a point. an_light

     
    ABooksNightmare
    ABooksNightmare
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2004
    Posts: 26633
    Posted: Jul. 19, 2024 - 12:22 PM ET #59

    @StumpTownStu

     peace_5

    I didn't even mention the healthcare in my post yesterday but it is in my California thread here in the Politics forum. Complete disaster.

     

    I agree on the drugs

     

    You didn't agree with the rolling blackouts but stated that you are having them but as a result of the companies itself....that was kind of my point...some of those people in charge are appointed by the Governor, but the Governor of any State does have the authority to control what the utility companies can or cannot do...so if we are experiencing rolling blackouts it is because the Governor is allowing it, and as you said, to prevent fires which in turn is a whole other issue...That Thomas fire started right in my back yard or in an area just a few miles from me and that was 100% Edison's fault....instead of fixing their faulty transformers they are allowed to cut corners...and when I say cut corners, I mean, that our head officials are not stepping to regulate these companies and be sure they are complying with standards or laws....that fully falls on a Governor and in some case the people he appointed...

     

    So many issues to uncover with Newsom that it is hard to keep track, but one think is for sure, if he has mismanaged and neglected key areas in California then he will do the same on the Federal level with much more at stake....he is no solution to the immigration issue that is for sure and although he may be a solution to some for healthcare, who does he burn in the process? The businesses. He doesn't care so much for the businesses in his own State, so how could he do so at the Federal level with an even more microscope placed on him....this dude will fold quick....

     

    I have no doubt that he will be President soon, but god help us if he can't get his shit together on the local level before he is in charge on the Federal level. I don't speak to or find too many that approve of Newsom's job out here in California, so not sure why the rest of the country likes him, but there are some out there because he keeps himself in his spot even after a recall....dude is a poser...

    COVERS allows u to tell someone they are sexually frustrated so long as ur hands are clean
    Reply

    @StumpTownStu

     peace_5

    I didn't even mention the healthcare in my post yesterday but it is in my California thread here in the Politics forum. Complete disaster.

     

    I agree on the drugs

     

    You didn't agree with the rolling blackouts but stated that you are having them but as a result of the companies itself....that was kind of my point...some of those people in charge are appointed by the Governor, but the Governor of any State does have the authority to control what the utility companies can or cannot do...so if we are experiencing rolling blackouts it is because the Governor is allowing it, and as you said, to prevent fires which in turn is a whole other issue...That Thomas fire started right in my back yard or in an area just a few miles from me and that was 100% Edison's fault....instead of fixing their faulty transformers they are allowed to cut corners...and when I say cut corners, I mean, that our head officials are not stepping to regulate these companies and be sure they are complying with standards or laws....that fully falls on a Governor and in some case the people he appointed...

     

    So many issues to uncover with Newsom that it is hard to keep track, but one think is for sure, if he has mismanaged and neglected key areas in California then he will do the same on the Federal level with much more at stake....he is no solution to the immigration issue that is for sure and although he may be a solution to some for healthcare, who does he burn in the process? The businesses. He doesn't care so much for the businesses in his own State, so how could he do so at the Federal level with an even more microscope placed on him....this dude will fold quick....

     

    I have no doubt that he will be President soon, but god help us if he can't get his shit together on the local level before he is in charge on the Federal level. I don't speak to or find too many that approve of Newsom's job out here in California, so not sure why the rest of the country likes him, but there are some out there because he keeps himself in his spot even after a recall....dude is a poser...

     
    kcblitzkrieg
    kcblitzkrieg
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 7998
    Posted: Jul. 19, 2024 - 1:04 PM ET #60

    Jeo has already "won" the Democratic Primary.  

     If he is removed from office at this time you might as well label it a coup d'etat because that is exactly what it will be.  

    If he volunteers to "withdraw" his nomination that will open up the pathway for an entirely new ticket for the DNC, open convention time.  One which will be chosen by the Donors and not the voters.  "Democracy", as some of you guys like to call it, at its' finest.  

    Time is a flat circle....
    Reply

    Jeo has already "won" the Democratic Primary.  

     If he is removed from office at this time you might as well label it a coup d'etat because that is exactly what it will be.  

    If he volunteers to "withdraw" his nomination that will open up the pathway for an entirely new ticket for the DNC, open convention time.  One which will be chosen by the Donors and not the voters.  "Democracy", as some of you guys like to call it, at its' finest.  

     
    Bigdoubleplay
    Bigdoubleplay
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2017
    Posts: 15930
    Posted: Jul. 19, 2024 - 2:33 PM ET #61

    @kcblitzkrieg

     If the Republicans were smart they would speak about the hypocrisy of what the Dems are doing from now until election day every chance they get. The party that's called Trump a threat to democracy is now staging an inner coup and disenfranchising 14 million voters who voted in a national primary. Lol can't make this up.

    Reply

    @kcblitzkrieg

     If the Republicans were smart they would speak about the hypocrisy of what the Dems are doing from now until election day every chance they get. The party that's called Trump a threat to democracy is now staging an inner coup and disenfranchising 14 million voters who voted in a national primary. Lol can't make this up.

     
    kcblitzkrieg
    kcblitzkrieg
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 7998
    Posted: Jul. 19, 2024 - 3:03 PM ET #62

    @Bigdoubleplay

     Yes peace_5  

    Republicans as a group have not shown to be smart on strategy is the problem with that.  Democratic voters I'm sure take issue with this but the DNC as a whole do not give one rats ass about forcing Biden to withdrawal.  The DNC elites only care about one thing and that is winning 2024 and keeping power.  They want to win and if it means pushing aside their current sock puppet to make way for a "shiny new one" then that's what they will do.  

    Time is a flat circle....
    Reply

    @Bigdoubleplay

     Yes peace_5  

    Republicans as a group have not shown to be smart on strategy is the problem with that.  Democratic voters I'm sure take issue with this but the DNC as a whole do not give one rats ass about forcing Biden to withdrawal.  The DNC elites only care about one thing and that is winning 2024 and keeping power.  They want to win and if it means pushing aside their current sock puppet to make way for a "shiny new one" then that's what they will do.  

     
    Brooklyncapper
    Brooklyncapper
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2022
    Posts: 27354
    Posted: Jul. 19, 2024 - 3:05 PM ET #63

    Im sorry cant hear any of the comments cause trump speech is still going on an_roll_laugh ramble ramble ramble pretend i worship God ramble ramble migrants ramble rble i am great ramble ramble

    Success is never final, failure is never fatal, and it's the courage that counts.
    Reply

    Im sorry cant hear any of the comments cause trump speech is still going on an_roll_laugh ramble ramble ramble pretend i worship God ramble ramble migrants ramble rble i am great ramble ramble

     
    kcblitzkrieg
    kcblitzkrieg
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 7998
    Posted: Jul. 19, 2024 - 3:13 PM ET #64

    I just saw that the Orange Fuhrer's acceptance speech last night was over 1.5 hours.... 

    Ho lee sheet.  

    I saw the clip of his intro, maybe a few minutes long.... looked and sounded like a different Donald.  Can't imagine what happened after this for another 90 minutes.... 

    Time is a flat circle....
    Reply

    I just saw that the Orange Fuhrer's acceptance speech last night was over 1.5 hours.... 

    Ho lee sheet.  

    I saw the clip of his intro, maybe a few minutes long.... looked and sounded like a different Donald.  Can't imagine what happened after this for another 90 minutes.... 

     
    kcblitzkrieg
    kcblitzkrieg
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 7998
    Posted: Jul. 19, 2024 - 3:20 PM ET #65

    Straight from the horses mouth....

    “I am going to say what a lot of these folks aren’t saying. If you think there is consensus among the people who want Biden to leave, that they will support Vice President Harris, you will be mistaken. If people aren’t going to be honest, I will be. I am in these rooms. I see what they say in conversations. A huge amount of the donor class and elites, and folks in these rooms I see, are also not interested in seeing the vice president be the nominee. They aren’t just interested in removing the president; they are interested in removing the whole ticket. Will this happen? I can’t tell you that. Anyone who can tell you that they know 100% what will happen, they’re lying to you or engaged in an enormous amount of hubris.” -AOC 

    Source: The Recount, AOC

    https://x.com/therecount/status/1814349980510921010

    Time is a flat circle....
    Reply

    Straight from the horses mouth....

    “I am going to say what a lot of these folks aren’t saying. If you think there is consensus among the people who want Biden to leave, that they will support Vice President Harris, you will be mistaken. If people aren’t going to be honest, I will be. I am in these rooms. I see what they say in conversations. A huge amount of the donor class and elites, and folks in these rooms I see, are also not interested in seeing the vice president be the nominee. They aren’t just interested in removing the president; they are interested in removing the whole ticket. Will this happen? I can’t tell you that. Anyone who can tell you that they know 100% what will happen, they’re lying to you or engaged in an enormous amount of hubris.” -AOC 

    Source: The Recount, AOC

    https://x.com/therecount/status/1814349980510921010

     
    Brooklyncapper
    Brooklyncapper
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2022
    Posts: 27354
    Posted: Jul. 19, 2024 - 3:37 PM ET #66

    @kcblitzkrieg

     He was reading from a teleprompter  prepared words for him. Then he went back to histhejester self

    Success is never final, failure is never fatal, and it's the courage that counts.
    Reply

    @kcblitzkrieg

     He was reading from a teleprompter  prepared words for him. Then he went back to histhejester self

     
    kcblitzkrieg
    kcblitzkrieg
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 7998
    Posted: Jul. 19, 2024 - 3:54 PM ET #67

    @Brooklyncapper

     Sounds like the Donald.... although I can't imagine what he talked about for another 90 minutes.  I'd fall asleep after 10-15 minute of listening to anyone talk from a podium.  

    Time is a flat circle....
    Reply

    @Brooklyncapper

     Sounds like the Donald.... although I can't imagine what he talked about for another 90 minutes.  I'd fall asleep after 10-15 minute of listening to anyone talk from a podium.  

     
    THEMUGG
    THEMUGG
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 38234
    Posted: Jul. 19, 2024 - 3:57 PM ET #68

    Quote Originally Posted by kcblitzkrieg:

    Straight from the horses mouth.... “I am going to say what a lot of these folks aren’t saying. If you think there is consensus among the people who want Biden to leave, that they will support Vice President Harris, you will be mistaken. If people aren’t going to be honest, I will be. I am in these rooms. I see what they say in conversations. A huge amount of the donor class and elites, and folks in these rooms I see, are also not interested in seeing the vice president be the nominee. They aren’t just interested in removing the president; they are interested in removing the whole ticket. Will this happen? I can’t tell you that. Anyone who can tell you that they know 100% what will happen, they’re lying to you or engaged in an enormous amount of hubris.” -AOC  Source: The Recount, AOC https://x.com/therecount/status/1814349980510921010
    an_wink

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by kcblitzkrieg:

    Straight from the horses mouth.... “I am going to say what a lot of these folks aren’t saying. If you think there is consensus among the people who want Biden to leave, that they will support Vice President Harris, you will be mistaken. If people aren’t going to be honest, I will be. I am in these rooms. I see what they say in conversations. A huge amount of the donor class and elites, and folks in these rooms I see, are also not interested in seeing the vice president be the nominee. They aren’t just interested in removing the president; they are interested in removing the whole ticket. Will this happen? I can’t tell you that. Anyone who can tell you that they know 100% what will happen, they’re lying to you or engaged in an enormous amount of hubris.” -AOC  Source: The Recount, AOC https://x.com/therecount/status/1814349980510921010
    an_wink

     
    ABooksNightmare
    ABooksNightmare
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2004
    Posts: 26633
    Posted: Jul. 19, 2024 - 4:02 PM ET #69

    Here is what is going to happen:

     

     

    Biden will not bow out despite the concerns.

     

    DNC has no other people to person to put in that would have a fighting chance to beat Trump, unless it's Newsom. Might be too early for Newsom on such short notice, plus the DNC is putting him in their back pocket for 2028 where it is a shoe in.

     

    Biden vs Trump is teh anticipation and the hoop la. Biden gives the DNC the best chance at wining even if they may know he is not fit for duty. Doesn't matter though, if they get the victory then they won. 

     

    If Biden wins, then they will make due with the victory and then rule Biden not competent to be President and let Kamala assume the role. First Woman President, sounds nice doesn't it. Even if it was by default, it's still a female President. The DNC can put up and handle Kamala for 4 years. Kamala won't have any control anyway given her current status and I am sure behind the scenes they will be sure she understands her role as a puppet with strings being pulled by those who can and will have a direct influence. Kamala will be so grateful that she is President that it won't matter to her because she will be the first female President in the history of this country and she will walk off into the sunset with her one term, half a term or however long it takes Biden to be ruled as unfit. It's a great story and gives the DNC rights to a story to tell in coming elections in how she stepped in and took on the role as the leader of the free world. This gives women a boost in future elections. Something Disney can wrap its head around.

     

    Having Biden running is the best chance the DNC has to securing another term for themselves, even if they know Biden will not make it 4 years or even 4 days. Once they have locked up victory it doesn't matter at that point.

     

    Now, if this happens, and there is a high probability that it does, there is an integrity issue if the party knowingly knew he was unfit and put this plan in motion anyway. It may never come out as such, but if it does and the public finds out this was their plan all along, then what does that do to the voters who may feel like they were duped. Some may not care, because it kept their party in office, yet for some it could be an issue. Only time would tell.

     

    I can totally see this playing out like this.

    COVERS allows u to tell someone they are sexually frustrated so long as ur hands are clean
    Reply

    Here is what is going to happen:

     

     

    Biden will not bow out despite the concerns.

     

    DNC has no other people to person to put in that would have a fighting chance to beat Trump, unless it's Newsom. Might be too early for Newsom on such short notice, plus the DNC is putting him in their back pocket for 2028 where it is a shoe in.

     

    Biden vs Trump is teh anticipation and the hoop la. Biden gives the DNC the best chance at wining even if they may know he is not fit for duty. Doesn't matter though, if they get the victory then they won. 

     

    If Biden wins, then they will make due with the victory and then rule Biden not competent to be President and let Kamala assume the role. First Woman President, sounds nice doesn't it. Even if it was by default, it's still a female President. The DNC can put up and handle Kamala for 4 years. Kamala won't have any control anyway given her current status and I am sure behind the scenes they will be sure she understands her role as a puppet with strings being pulled by those who can and will have a direct influence. Kamala will be so grateful that she is President that it won't matter to her because she will be the first female President in the history of this country and she will walk off into the sunset with her one term, half a term or however long it takes Biden to be ruled as unfit. It's a great story and gives the DNC rights to a story to tell in coming elections in how she stepped in and took on the role as the leader of the free world. This gives women a boost in future elections. Something Disney can wrap its head around.

     

    Having Biden running is the best chance the DNC has to securing another term for themselves, even if they know Biden will not make it 4 years or even 4 days. Once they have locked up victory it doesn't matter at that point.

     

    Now, if this happens, and there is a high probability that it does, there is an integrity issue if the party knowingly knew he was unfit and put this plan in motion anyway. It may never come out as such, but if it does and the public finds out this was their plan all along, then what does that do to the voters who may feel like they were duped. Some may not care, because it kept their party in office, yet for some it could be an issue. Only time would tell.

     

    I can totally see this playing out like this.

     
    BigGame90
    BigGame90
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 5069
    Posted: Jul. 19, 2024 - 4:30 PM ET #70

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyncapper:

    @kcblitzkrieg  He was reading from a teleprompter  prepared words for him. Then he went back to his self

     

    and what exactly do you think Biden will do? 

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyncapper:

    @kcblitzkrieg  He was reading from a teleprompter  prepared words for him. Then he went back to his self

     

    and what exactly do you think Biden will do? 

     
    BigGame90
    BigGame90
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 5069
    Posted: Jul. 19, 2024 - 4:32 PM ET #71

    DNC might be prepping Newson. Magically, the homeless encampments around CA are starting to get cleaned up. Which will only last a short while but will be enough time for the DNC to take pictures of CA to try to show everyone how clean it is, at the moment. 3 weeks later, it'll go back to the dump it is. 

    Reply

    DNC might be prepping Newson. Magically, the homeless encampments around CA are starting to get cleaned up. Which will only last a short while but will be enough time for the DNC to take pictures of CA to try to show everyone how clean it is, at the moment. 3 weeks later, it'll go back to the dump it is. 

     
    ABooksNightmare
    ABooksNightmare
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2004
    Posts: 26633
    Posted: Jul. 19, 2024 - 5:05 PM ET #72

    @BigGame90

     Are you from California?

     

    Just asking, because I am curious as to where you are seeing the homeless situation is being cleaned up...it is awful out here in a number of areas I have visited and where I live...I see it getting worse....I do know that some homeless are being bussed in from other areas to remove them from one area or city and place them in other cities...they are not supposed to be doing this but I see it happening near me...must homeless in my area have migrated to the river bottom and have set up very large encampments the size of a small town and has turned into just trash...this river bottom, once the rains come, will wash them away from their encampments and take all there belongings, trash, needles or whatever else they possess into the ocean...this is also problematic...

    COVERS allows u to tell someone they are sexually frustrated so long as ur hands are clean
    Reply

    @BigGame90

     Are you from California?

     

    Just asking, because I am curious as to where you are seeing the homeless situation is being cleaned up...it is awful out here in a number of areas I have visited and where I live...I see it getting worse....I do know that some homeless are being bussed in from other areas to remove them from one area or city and place them in other cities...they are not supposed to be doing this but I see it happening near me...must homeless in my area have migrated to the river bottom and have set up very large encampments the size of a small town and has turned into just trash...this river bottom, once the rains come, will wash them away from their encampments and take all there belongings, trash, needles or whatever else they possess into the ocean...this is also problematic...

     
    BigGame90
    BigGame90
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 5069
    Posted: Jul. 19, 2024 - 5:44 PM ET #73

    @ABooksNightmare

     

     Yes, I am. I'll see occasional clean up around certain parts of town, but within a few weeks, the homeless are right back. I see bull dozers and multiple trucks on site to take away the trash. It looks worse than some 3 world countries. I've stated in the past where abouts I am. 

     

    I believe there is a big cleanup slated for the SF area, specifically around the Bay Bridge area. I believe this is to show the public that Newsom cares about the citizens and he wants the state/cities to be clean. This will make for a good photo op that he'll push as we get closer to elections.  https://sfstandard.com/2024/07/07/dead-baby-beach-encampment/   Homeless with a multi million dollar view. The state wonders why people are leaving the state. We had a piece of equipment stolen from our job site, we found it sitting on the edge of a homeless encampment. We call the local police dept and they say to go wait outside and they're on their way to help us retrieve the piece of equipment. 4.5 hours later, nobody showed up. We're out a couple grand at the homeless expense and the state doesn't give a damn about it. CA punishes the tax paying citizens and doesn't do a damn thing about homeless. I have a ton more stories I could share, but some will call it fake news because they do not want to hear the truth.  

     

    I do believe other states give their homeless one way tickets to CA, especially SF because the cities in CA are supposed to "take care" of the homeless. Like giving free and clean sites to take their drugs. Is that actually helping these addicts? Giving addicts more space to consume, doesn't seem like helping. Not to mention, that is at the expense of tax payers. Also believe that CA has committed fraud and misappropriated funds from "homeless entities" 

    Reply

    @ABooksNightmare

     

     Yes, I am. I'll see occasional clean up around certain parts of town, but within a few weeks, the homeless are right back. I see bull dozers and multiple trucks on site to take away the trash. It looks worse than some 3 world countries. I've stated in the past where abouts I am. 

     

    I believe there is a big cleanup slated for the SF area, specifically around the Bay Bridge area. I believe this is to show the public that Newsom cares about the citizens and he wants the state/cities to be clean. This will make for a good photo op that he'll push as we get closer to elections.  https://sfstandard.com/2024/07/07/dead-baby-beach-encampment/   Homeless with a multi million dollar view. The state wonders why people are leaving the state. We had a piece of equipment stolen from our job site, we found it sitting on the edge of a homeless encampment. We call the local police dept and they say to go wait outside and they're on their way to help us retrieve the piece of equipment. 4.5 hours later, nobody showed up. We're out a couple grand at the homeless expense and the state doesn't give a damn about it. CA punishes the tax paying citizens and doesn't do a damn thing about homeless. I have a ton more stories I could share, but some will call it fake news because they do not want to hear the truth.  

     

    I do believe other states give their homeless one way tickets to CA, especially SF because the cities in CA are supposed to "take care" of the homeless. Like giving free and clean sites to take their drugs. Is that actually helping these addicts? Giving addicts more space to consume, doesn't seem like helping. Not to mention, that is at the expense of tax payers. Also believe that CA has committed fraud and misappropriated funds from "homeless entities" 

     
    UNIMAN
    UNIMAN
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2014
    Posts: 10454
    Posted: Jul. 20, 2024 - 3:51 PM ET #74

    Quote Originally Posted by BigGame90:

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyncapper: @kcblitzkrieg  He was reading from a teleprompter  prepared words for him. Then he went back to his self   and what exactly do you think Biden will do?

    Say "pause" (April, 2024) outloud when he sees it on the teleprompter. Or "make it clear"(Oct. 2023), or "repeat the line"(July, 2022). 

    I like it when he had a call with dem lawmakers about staying in the race and a staffer hands him a note that says "Stay positive, your sounding defensive" and he reads it out loud over the phone. an_roll_laugh

     

    Do ya think Trump would be surrounded by staffers handing him notes on what to say? an_roll_laugh

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by BigGame90:

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyncapper: @kcblitzkrieg  He was reading from a teleprompter  prepared words for him. Then he went back to his self   and what exactly do you think Biden will do?

    Say "pause" (April, 2024) outloud when he sees it on the teleprompter. Or "make it clear"(Oct. 2023), or "repeat the line"(July, 2022). 

    I like it when he had a call with dem lawmakers about staying in the race and a staffer hands him a note that says "Stay positive, your sounding defensive" and he reads it out loud over the phone. an_roll_laugh

     

    Do ya think Trump would be surrounded by staffers handing him notes on what to say? an_roll_laugh

     
     
    soup-can
    soup-can
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2003
    Posts: 9450
    Posted: Jul. 21, 2024 - 1:35 AM ET #75

    @Brooklyncapper

     serious q?  Kristi Noem... at 52 not a bad looking gal.  Is she a Milf or a Gilf?  Once you go grey there aint no other way!!an_roll_laugh

    I only ask since you've gone on about AOC better looking than MTG.  You know Kristi won't be prude at 52 and I could see AOC want to command battle stations 

    Shit I just realized that both these suit pants wearing women probably lick carpet an_brick

    with an (R) next to her name?

    So, would you? 

    Reply

    @Brooklyncapper

     serious q?  Kristi Noem... at 52 not a bad looking gal.  Is she a Milf or a Gilf?  Once you go grey there aint no other way!!an_roll_laugh

    I only ask since you've gone on about AOC better looking than MTG.  You know Kristi won't be prude at 52 and I could see AOC want to command battle stations 

    Shit I just realized that both these suit pants wearing women probably lick carpet an_brick

    with an (R) next to her name?

    So, would you? 

    All Forums | Politics
    «First Previous 1234 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 456,284
    • PART DEUX 222
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 266,034
    • Steelers vs Browns in-game live TNF 2,114
    • Cleveland Bettors 2,665
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 30,298
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 12,151
    • Happening just recently . . . 36,844
    • Friday 10/02/2026 750
    • We have picked a terrible time to have the stupidest president ever 30,589

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.