• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Week 4 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Politics

    LA DA says he won't prosecute these crimes.

    «First Previous 12345 Next Last»
    StumpTownStu
    Raiders22
    UNIMAN
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 281
    Posts: 108
    «First Previous 12345 Next Last»
     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Aug. 14, 2023 - 7:39 PM ET #76

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders22:

    @StumpTownStu  Maybe they are there just to scare off the average old lady who might be tempted if they were not visible.

    I had a security guard get spicy with me in an SF Walgreens because I opened a damn Golden Peak Sweet Tea while I was standing in line. The line was long, I was a little tipsy. I opened it and took a few sips and sat it down because I was dicking around on my phone. I was just grabbing a few items before walking across the street to my hotel. So I sat it down and he comes up and is all, "You're gonna pay for that!" And I say, "For what?" And he says, "That drink!" I say I had planned to. He says, "No you weren't, you sat it down!" Mind you,I'm still in line to pay at this point. I say, "Look at the way I'm dressed, dude. Do I look like a fucking vagrant to you? I have been in here every day for the past four days. I'm staying across the street in a room that's costing me over three hundred a night. I'm not stealing a God damn sweet tea!"

    The poor dude just wanted a win and is used to fentanyl addicts that will tell him to go fuck himself and spit at him. Even though he was armed. He figured I was dressed like a douche bro and I would be an easy win.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders22:

    @StumpTownStu  Maybe they are there just to scare off the average old lady who might be tempted if they were not visible.

    I had a security guard get spicy with me in an SF Walgreens because I opened a damn Golden Peak Sweet Tea while I was standing in line. The line was long, I was a little tipsy. I opened it and took a few sips and sat it down because I was dicking around on my phone. I was just grabbing a few items before walking across the street to my hotel. So I sat it down and he comes up and is all, "You're gonna pay for that!" And I say, "For what?" And he says, "That drink!" I say I had planned to. He says, "No you weren't, you sat it down!" Mind you,I'm still in line to pay at this point. I say, "Look at the way I'm dressed, dude. Do I look like a fucking vagrant to you? I have been in here every day for the past four days. I'm staying across the street in a room that's costing me over three hundred a night. I'm not stealing a God damn sweet tea!"

    The poor dude just wanted a win and is used to fentanyl addicts that will tell him to go fuck himself and spit at him. Even though he was armed. He figured I was dressed like a douche bro and I would be an easy win.

     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34242
    Posted: Aug. 14, 2023 - 9:02 PM ET #77

    @StumpTownStu

    an_roll_laugh

    Man let him have his win for the day.  He wouldn’t try that with one of these youngsters nowadays. an_beatup

    Reply

    @StumpTownStu

    an_roll_laugh

    Man let him have his win for the day.  He wouldn’t try that with one of these youngsters nowadays. an_beatup

     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34242
    Posted: Aug. 14, 2023 - 9:03 PM ET #78

    Sad even need a guard at a Walgreens though confused

    Reply

    Sad even need a guard at a Walgreens though confused

     
    UNIMAN
    UNIMAN
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2014
    Posts: 10454
    Posted: Aug. 14, 2023 - 9:47 PM ET #79

    Full-page ad published in the San Francisco Chronicle on Sunday;

    "An Open Letter to Governor Newsom, Mayor Breed and the San Francisco Board of Supervisors: Gump's has been a San Francisco icon for more than 165 years. Today, as we prepare for our 166th holiday season at 250 Post Street, we fear this may be our last because of the profound erosion of this city's current conditions."

    San Francisco now suffers from a ‘tyranny of the minority’ —behavior and actions of the few that jeopardize the livelihood of the many. The ramifications of COVID policies advising people to abandon their offices are only beginning to be understood. Equally devastating have been a litany of destructive San Francisco strategies, including allowing the homeless to occupy our sidewalks, to openly distribute and use illegal drugs, to harass the public and to defile the city's streets." 

    Such abject disregard for civilized conduct makes San Francisco unlivable for its residents, unsafe for our employees, and unwelcoming to visitors from around the world."

     

     

    UNREAL

     

     

    Reply

    Full-page ad published in the San Francisco Chronicle on Sunday;

    "An Open Letter to Governor Newsom, Mayor Breed and the San Francisco Board of Supervisors: Gump's has been a San Francisco icon for more than 165 years. Today, as we prepare for our 166th holiday season at 250 Post Street, we fear this may be our last because of the profound erosion of this city's current conditions."

    San Francisco now suffers from a ‘tyranny of the minority’ —behavior and actions of the few that jeopardize the livelihood of the many. The ramifications of COVID policies advising people to abandon their offices are only beginning to be understood. Equally devastating have been a litany of destructive San Francisco strategies, including allowing the homeless to occupy our sidewalks, to openly distribute and use illegal drugs, to harass the public and to defile the city's streets." 

    Such abject disregard for civilized conduct makes San Francisco unlivable for its residents, unsafe for our employees, and unwelcoming to visitors from around the world."

     

     

    UNREAL

     

     

     
    UNIMAN
    UNIMAN
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2014
    Posts: 10454
    Posted: Aug. 14, 2023 - 10:21 PM ET #80

    In 2020 San Francisco slashed $120,000,000 from it's police budget.

     

    New York cut $1 BILLION.

    Los Angeles cut $150 million.

    Washington DC cut $15 million.

    Portland Oregon cut $15 million. A year later the Portland mayor said; "Parents are scared to let their children play outside.” and then reversed course and added $5 million back.

    ALL THE ABOVE CITIES REVERSED COURSE AND HAVE INCREASED THEIR POLICE BUDGETS. Wonder why?? Duh!

    Add to this the ignorant border policies that allow more drugs than ever and you have the stupid people in charge results.

    In 2020, 712 people in the city of San Francisco died from accidental drug overdoses, over twice the number who died from Covid-19 that year.

    And by the way, from Nov, 2020; Votes in the 2020 presidential election are still being counted Thursday, but so far Joe Biden isn't just beating Donald Trump in the Bay Area -- he's dominating. Of the 10 counties that voted the most heavily for Biden, eight are in the Bay Area.

     

    It's official: The Bay Area is the bluest part of California

    Kinda says it all.

    Reply

    In 2020 San Francisco slashed $120,000,000 from it's police budget.

     

    New York cut $1 BILLION.

    Los Angeles cut $150 million.

    Washington DC cut $15 million.

    Portland Oregon cut $15 million. A year later the Portland mayor said; "Parents are scared to let their children play outside.” and then reversed course and added $5 million back.

    ALL THE ABOVE CITIES REVERSED COURSE AND HAVE INCREASED THEIR POLICE BUDGETS. Wonder why?? Duh!

    Add to this the ignorant border policies that allow more drugs than ever and you have the stupid people in charge results.

    In 2020, 712 people in the city of San Francisco died from accidental drug overdoses, over twice the number who died from Covid-19 that year.

    And by the way, from Nov, 2020; Votes in the 2020 presidential election are still being counted Thursday, but so far Joe Biden isn't just beating Donald Trump in the Bay Area -- he's dominating. Of the 10 counties that voted the most heavily for Biden, eight are in the Bay Area.

     

    It's official: The Bay Area is the bluest part of California

    Kinda says it all.

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Aug. 14, 2023 - 10:26 PM ET #81

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIMAN:

    In 2020 San Francisco slashed $120,000,000 from it's police budget.   New York cut $1 BILLION. Los Angeles cut $150 million. Washington DC cut $15 million. Portland Oregon cut $15 million. A year later the Portland mayor said; "Parents are scared to let their children play outside.” and then reversed course and added $5 million back. ALL THE ABOVE CITIES REVERSED COURSE AND HAVE INCREASED THEIR POLICE BUDGETS. Wonder why?? Duh! Add to this the ignorant border policies that allow more drugs than ever and you have the stupid people in charge results. In 2020, 712 people in the city of San Francisco died from accidental drug overdoses, over twice the number who died from Covid-19 that year. And by the way, from Nov, 2020; Votes in the 2020 presidential election are still being counted Thursday, but so far Joe Biden isn't just beating Donald Trump in the Bay Area -- he's dominating. Of the 10 counties that voted the most heavily for Biden, eight are in the Bay Area.   It's official: The Bay Area is the bluest part of California Kinda says it all.

    Was one of those 10 counties LA county? LA county has more people that literally all of the Bay Area combined. Little population/geography lesson for my brother from the Midwest.

    peace_5

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIMAN:

    In 2020 San Francisco slashed $120,000,000 from it's police budget.   New York cut $1 BILLION. Los Angeles cut $150 million. Washington DC cut $15 million. Portland Oregon cut $15 million. A year later the Portland mayor said; "Parents are scared to let their children play outside.” and then reversed course and added $5 million back. ALL THE ABOVE CITIES REVERSED COURSE AND HAVE INCREASED THEIR POLICE BUDGETS. Wonder why?? Duh! Add to this the ignorant border policies that allow more drugs than ever and you have the stupid people in charge results. In 2020, 712 people in the city of San Francisco died from accidental drug overdoses, over twice the number who died from Covid-19 that year. And by the way, from Nov, 2020; Votes in the 2020 presidential election are still being counted Thursday, but so far Joe Biden isn't just beating Donald Trump in the Bay Area -- he's dominating. Of the 10 counties that voted the most heavily for Biden, eight are in the Bay Area.   It's official: The Bay Area is the bluest part of California Kinda says it all.

    Was one of those 10 counties LA county? LA county has more people that literally all of the Bay Area combined. Little population/geography lesson for my brother from the Midwest.

    peace_5

     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34242
    Posted: Aug. 14, 2023 - 10:33 PM ET #82

    @UNIMAN

     peace_5

    Reply

    @UNIMAN

     peace_5

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Aug. 14, 2023 - 10:36 PM ET #83

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders22:

    @StumpTownStu Man let him have his win for the day.  He wouldn’t try that with one of these youngsters nowadays.

    Oh I definitely got spicy with him and turned into a Karen. I was all, "I used to fucking own stock in Walgreens!" but the fact is, he really did need a win. Here's a a dude that was an armed guard. He looked like he should be a cop. Tall, lean muscle. And nobody gives a damn. No one is threatened by him because what can he do. They tend to only say anything to people that don't have open sores, if you know what I mean. They're not approaching the fucking zombies. So I calmed down and was like, "Look dude, I get it but I'm dressed like an REI mannequin. I'm not a shoplifter. Most.the shoplifters in those locations aren't even kids. They're literally zombies. First the meth, then heroin,  and now the fentanyl has taken over. It's insane.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders22:

    @StumpTownStu Man let him have his win for the day.  He wouldn’t try that with one of these youngsters nowadays.

    Oh I definitely got spicy with him and turned into a Karen. I was all, "I used to fucking own stock in Walgreens!" but the fact is, he really did need a win. Here's a a dude that was an armed guard. He looked like he should be a cop. Tall, lean muscle. And nobody gives a damn. No one is threatened by him because what can he do. They tend to only say anything to people that don't have open sores, if you know what I mean. They're not approaching the fucking zombies. So I calmed down and was like, "Look dude, I get it but I'm dressed like an REI mannequin. I'm not a shoplifter. Most.the shoplifters in those locations aren't even kids. They're literally zombies. First the meth, then heroin,  and now the fentanyl has taken over. It's insane.

     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34242
    Posted: Aug. 14, 2023 - 10:41 PM ET #84

    @StumpTownStu

     

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIMAN: In 2020 San Francisco slashed $120,000,000 from it's police budget.   New York cut $1 BILLION. Los Angeles cut $150 million. Washington DC cut $15 million. Portland Oregon cut $15 million. A year later the Portland mayor said; "Parents are scared to let their children play outside.” and then reversed course and added $5 million back. ALL THE ABOVE CITIES REVERSED COURSE AND HAVE INCREASED THEIR POLICE BUDGETS. Wonder why?? Duh! Add to this the ignorant border policies that allow more drugs than ever and you have the stupid people in charge results. In 2020, 712 people in the city of San Francisco died from accidental drug overdoses, over twice the number who died from Covid-19 that year. And by the way, from Nov, 2020; Votes in the 2020 presidential election are still being counted Thursday, but so far Joe Biden isn't just beating Donald Trump in the Bay Area -- he's dominating. Of the 10 counties that voted the most heavily for Biden, eight are in the Bay Area.   It's official: The Bay Area is the bluest part of California Kinda says it all. Was one of those 10 counties LA county? LA county has more people that literally all of the Bay Area combined. Little population/geography lesson for my brother from the Midwest.

    I am pretty sure he is just meaning percentage-wise not by total votes.  Some of those counties were 80%+ or close to it.  That whole area was overwhelming voting for Biden.  At least next to LA County you have Orange which was a little closer.  I think LA County was right around 70%, whereas Orange had to be close to 50/50.  Nothing in the Bay Area I would think would be close to 50/50. 

    Maybe he can come back and clear it up if that is not what he meant. peace_5

    Reply

    @StumpTownStu

     

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIMAN: In 2020 San Francisco slashed $120,000,000 from it's police budget.   New York cut $1 BILLION. Los Angeles cut $150 million. Washington DC cut $15 million. Portland Oregon cut $15 million. A year later the Portland mayor said; "Parents are scared to let their children play outside.” and then reversed course and added $5 million back. ALL THE ABOVE CITIES REVERSED COURSE AND HAVE INCREASED THEIR POLICE BUDGETS. Wonder why?? Duh! Add to this the ignorant border policies that allow more drugs than ever and you have the stupid people in charge results. In 2020, 712 people in the city of San Francisco died from accidental drug overdoses, over twice the number who died from Covid-19 that year. And by the way, from Nov, 2020; Votes in the 2020 presidential election are still being counted Thursday, but so far Joe Biden isn't just beating Donald Trump in the Bay Area -- he's dominating. Of the 10 counties that voted the most heavily for Biden, eight are in the Bay Area.   It's official: The Bay Area is the bluest part of California Kinda says it all. Was one of those 10 counties LA county? LA county has more people that literally all of the Bay Area combined. Little population/geography lesson for my brother from the Midwest.

    I am pretty sure he is just meaning percentage-wise not by total votes.  Some of those counties were 80%+ or close to it.  That whole area was overwhelming voting for Biden.  At least next to LA County you have Orange which was a little closer.  I think LA County was right around 70%, whereas Orange had to be close to 50/50.  Nothing in the Bay Area I would think would be close to 50/50. 

    Maybe he can come back and clear it up if that is not what he meant. peace_5

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Aug. 14, 2023 - 10:43 PM ET #85

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIMAN:

    Full-page ad published in the San Francisco Chronicle on Sunday; "An Open Letter to Governor Newsom, Mayor Breed and the San Francisco Board of Supervisors: Gump's has been a San Francisco icon for more than 165 years. Today, as we prepare for our 166th holiday season at 250 Post Street, we fear this may be our last because of the profound erosion of this city's current conditions." San Francisco now suffers from a ‘tyranny of the minority’ —behavior and actions of the few that jeopardize the livelihood of the many. The ramifications of COVID policies advising people to abandon their offices are only beginning to be understood. Equally devastating have been a litany of destructive San Francisco strategies, including allowing the homeless to occupy our sidewalks, to openly distribute and use illegal drugs, to harass the public and to defile the city's streets."  Such abject disregard for civilized conduct makes San Francisco unlivable for its residents, unsafe for our employees, and unwelcoming to visitors from around the world."     UNREAL

    The saddest part about this is Gumps is in a location that doesn't see a ton of riff raff. It's kind of in the area as union square moves northeast into Chinatown the financial distance and that area is nowhere near as bad as the TL, Soma, Civic Center. When I still lived in the Bay and sometimes took Bart in, I more than once encountered first responders showing up to deal with a body. A couple times I stepped over someone wrapped up, go in, start a spot of coffee, sat my stuff down. Walk back out to have a cig and they're loading the body up. Just stepping over a.dead body. Overdose? Hypothermia? Both? That city jades you.

    Portland is forked up now to. I literally only go.into Portland for the airport but my buddy and his GF was.down there a couple months ago and they said it was fine. They had a good time. I was actually in SF at the time so I didn't get to see them.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIMAN:

    Full-page ad published in the San Francisco Chronicle on Sunday; "An Open Letter to Governor Newsom, Mayor Breed and the San Francisco Board of Supervisors: Gump's has been a San Francisco icon for more than 165 years. Today, as we prepare for our 166th holiday season at 250 Post Street, we fear this may be our last because of the profound erosion of this city's current conditions." San Francisco now suffers from a ‘tyranny of the minority’ —behavior and actions of the few that jeopardize the livelihood of the many. The ramifications of COVID policies advising people to abandon their offices are only beginning to be understood. Equally devastating have been a litany of destructive San Francisco strategies, including allowing the homeless to occupy our sidewalks, to openly distribute and use illegal drugs, to harass the public and to defile the city's streets."  Such abject disregard for civilized conduct makes San Francisco unlivable for its residents, unsafe for our employees, and unwelcoming to visitors from around the world."     UNREAL

    The saddest part about this is Gumps is in a location that doesn't see a ton of riff raff. It's kind of in the area as union square moves northeast into Chinatown the financial distance and that area is nowhere near as bad as the TL, Soma, Civic Center. When I still lived in the Bay and sometimes took Bart in, I more than once encountered first responders showing up to deal with a body. A couple times I stepped over someone wrapped up, go in, start a spot of coffee, sat my stuff down. Walk back out to have a cig and they're loading the body up. Just stepping over a.dead body. Overdose? Hypothermia? Both? That city jades you.

    Portland is forked up now to. I literally only go.into Portland for the airport but my buddy and his GF was.down there a couple months ago and they said it was fine. They had a good time. I was actually in SF at the time so I didn't get to see them.

     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34242
    Posted: Aug. 14, 2023 - 10:43 PM ET #86

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders22: @StumpTownStu Man let him have his win for the day.  He wouldn’t try that with one of these youngsters nowadays. Oh I definitely got spicy with him and turned into a Karen. I was all, "I used to fucking own stock in Walgreens!" but the fact is, he really did need a win. Here's a a dude that was an armed guard. He looked like he should be a cop. Tall, lean muscle. And nobody gives a damn. No one is threatened by him because what can he do. They tend to only say anything to people that don't have open sores, if you know what I mean. They're not approaching the fucking zombies. So I calmed down and was like, "Look dude, I get it but I'm dressed like an REI mannequin. I'm not a shoplifter. Most.the shoplifters in those locations aren't even kids. They're literally zombies. First the meth, then heroin,  and now the fentanyl has taken over. It's insane.

    Oh.  Maybe he was retired cop or ex-military or both.  

    "REI mannequin" I like it. an_worship

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders22: @StumpTownStu Man let him have his win for the day.  He wouldn’t try that with one of these youngsters nowadays. Oh I definitely got spicy with him and turned into a Karen. I was all, "I used to fucking own stock in Walgreens!" but the fact is, he really did need a win. Here's a a dude that was an armed guard. He looked like he should be a cop. Tall, lean muscle. And nobody gives a damn. No one is threatened by him because what can he do. They tend to only say anything to people that don't have open sores, if you know what I mean. They're not approaching the fucking zombies. So I calmed down and was like, "Look dude, I get it but I'm dressed like an REI mannequin. I'm not a shoplifter. Most.the shoplifters in those locations aren't even kids. They're literally zombies. First the meth, then heroin,  and now the fentanyl has taken over. It's insane.

    Oh.  Maybe he was retired cop or ex-military or both.  

    "REI mannequin" I like it. an_worship

     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34242
    Posted: Aug. 14, 2023 - 10:49 PM ET #87

    Yeah.  Guy I used to work with was from TX, OK? One of them.   Married a very liberal gal and she opened his mind up or whatever and now he is all anti-Texas stuff like guns and all of that.  

    At any rate they went a few years ago to Portland on vacation.  They loved it.  This year they took jobs in Portland, or moved there I think to work virtual.

    I told him it is different to just live somewhere all of a sudden -- it is not the same as a vacation and Portland has changed on the last couple of years.

    Heard from him a month or so ago and he said you are right, it is little San Francisco now.  But he said he is adjusting and enjoying it.

    But a big change for a guy from TX and OK.  an_roll_laugh

    Reply

    Yeah.  Guy I used to work with was from TX, OK? One of them.   Married a very liberal gal and she opened his mind up or whatever and now he is all anti-Texas stuff like guns and all of that.  

    At any rate they went a few years ago to Portland on vacation.  They loved it.  This year they took jobs in Portland, or moved there I think to work virtual.

    I told him it is different to just live somewhere all of a sudden -- it is not the same as a vacation and Portland has changed on the last couple of years.

    Heard from him a month or so ago and he said you are right, it is little San Francisco now.  But he said he is adjusting and enjoying it.

    But a big change for a guy from TX and OK.  an_roll_laugh

     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34242
    Posted: Aug. 14, 2023 - 10:51 PM ET #88

    @StumpTownStu

     

    @UNIMAN

     For some reason I have never been to Gumps.  Just never went there. I hear I miss out on a good time.  peace_5

    Reply

    @StumpTownStu

     

    @UNIMAN

     For some reason I have never been to Gumps.  Just never went there. I hear I miss out on a good time.  peace_5

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Aug. 14, 2023 - 10:52 PM ET #89

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders22:

    @StumpTownStu   Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu: Quote Originally Posted by UNIMAN: In 2020 San Francisco slashed $120,000,000 from it's police budget.   New York cut $1 BILLION. Los Angeles cut $150 million. Washington DC cut $15 million. Portland Oregon cut $15 million. A year later the Portland mayor said; "Parents are scared to let their children play outside.” and then reversed course and added $5 million back. ALL THE ABOVE CITIES REVERSED COURSE AND HAVE INCREASED THEIR POLICE BUDGETS. Wonder why?? Duh! Add to this the ignorant border policies that allow more drugs than ever and you have the stupid people in charge results. In 2020, 712 people in the city of San Francisco died from accidental drug overdoses, over twice the number who died from Covid-19 that year. And by the way, from Nov, 2020; Votes in the 2020 presidential election are still being counted Thursday, but so far Joe Biden isn't just beating Donald Trump in the Bay Area -- he's dominating. Of the 10 counties that voted the most heavily for Biden, eight are in the Bay Area.   It's official: The Bay Area is the bluest part of California Kinda says it all. Was one of those 10 counties LA county? LA county has more people that literally all of the Bay Area combined. Little population/geography lesson for my brother from the Midwest. I am pretty sure he is just meaning percentage-wise not by total votes.  Some of those counties were 80%+ or close to it.  That whole area was overwhelming voting for Biden.  At least next to LA County you have Orange which was a little closer.  I think LA County was right around 70%, whereas Orange had to be close to 50/50.  Nothing in the Bay Area I would think would be close to 50/50.  Maybe he can come back and clear it up if that is not what he meant.

    Co Co was 71%. Solano was 64% Santa Clara was 72%. Napa was 69%! I refuse to say that the Bay Area is more liberal than LA. LA county is freaking huge, geographically and population wise. The only city in San Francisco county is San Fran. That's less than a mil. Alameda county is probably a mil/5. LA county is freaking huge.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders22:

    @StumpTownStu   Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu: Quote Originally Posted by UNIMAN: In 2020 San Francisco slashed $120,000,000 from it's police budget.   New York cut $1 BILLION. Los Angeles cut $150 million. Washington DC cut $15 million. Portland Oregon cut $15 million. A year later the Portland mayor said; "Parents are scared to let their children play outside.” and then reversed course and added $5 million back. ALL THE ABOVE CITIES REVERSED COURSE AND HAVE INCREASED THEIR POLICE BUDGETS. Wonder why?? Duh! Add to this the ignorant border policies that allow more drugs than ever and you have the stupid people in charge results. In 2020, 712 people in the city of San Francisco died from accidental drug overdoses, over twice the number who died from Covid-19 that year. And by the way, from Nov, 2020; Votes in the 2020 presidential election are still being counted Thursday, but so far Joe Biden isn't just beating Donald Trump in the Bay Area -- he's dominating. Of the 10 counties that voted the most heavily for Biden, eight are in the Bay Area.   It's official: The Bay Area is the bluest part of California Kinda says it all. Was one of those 10 counties LA county? LA county has more people that literally all of the Bay Area combined. Little population/geography lesson for my brother from the Midwest. I am pretty sure he is just meaning percentage-wise not by total votes.  Some of those counties were 80%+ or close to it.  That whole area was overwhelming voting for Biden.  At least next to LA County you have Orange which was a little closer.  I think LA County was right around 70%, whereas Orange had to be close to 50/50.  Nothing in the Bay Area I would think would be close to 50/50.  Maybe he can come back and clear it up if that is not what he meant.

    Co Co was 71%. Solano was 64% Santa Clara was 72%. Napa was 69%! I refuse to say that the Bay Area is more liberal than LA. LA county is freaking huge, geographically and population wise. The only city in San Francisco county is San Fran. That's less than a mil. Alameda county is probably a mil/5. LA county is freaking huge.

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Aug. 14, 2023 - 10:56 PM ET #90

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders22:

    @StumpTownStu   @UNIMAN  For some reason I have never been to Gumps.  Just never went there. I hear I miss out on a good time.

    You're not missing anything and nobody goes to Gump's. This is the reality of department stores in places like SF. Nobody shops in these places. They were struggling before the shoplifting and before covid. I promise you, Gump's doesn't get hit that hard. It's not in the thick of it.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders22:

    @StumpTownStu   @UNIMAN  For some reason I have never been to Gumps.  Just never went there. I hear I miss out on a good time.

    You're not missing anything and nobody goes to Gump's. This is the reality of department stores in places like SF. Nobody shops in these places. They were struggling before the shoplifting and before covid. I promise you, Gump's doesn't get hit that hard. It's not in the thick of it.

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Aug. 14, 2023 - 10:59 PM ET #91

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders22:

    Yeah.  Guy I used to work with was from TX, OK? One of them.   Married a very liberal gal and she opened his mind up or whatever and now he is all anti-Texas stuff like guns and all of that.   At any rate they went a few years ago to Portland on vacation.  They loved it.  This year they took jobs in Portland, or moved there I think to work virtual. I told him it is different to just live somewhere all of a sudden -- it is not the same as a vacation and Portland has changed on the last couple of years. Heard from him a month or so ago and he said you are right, it is little San Francisco now.  But he said he is adjusting and enjoying it. But a big change for a guy from TX and OK.

    Oh my God, there's no way they moved to Portland proper. Guarantee to a satellite city. The Portland area is fantastic. And Portland is still a cool city. And it's not as bad as SF. Sadly, the things that go on, we were already used to when we moved here. So I could literally see them coming. Portland is still a cool city but it used to be so much better. Again, drugs. Wealth disparity. Gentrifiers like me and your friends.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders22:

    Yeah.  Guy I used to work with was from TX, OK? One of them.   Married a very liberal gal and she opened his mind up or whatever and now he is all anti-Texas stuff like guns and all of that.   At any rate they went a few years ago to Portland on vacation.  They loved it.  This year they took jobs in Portland, or moved there I think to work virtual. I told him it is different to just live somewhere all of a sudden -- it is not the same as a vacation and Portland has changed on the last couple of years. Heard from him a month or so ago and he said you are right, it is little San Francisco now.  But he said he is adjusting and enjoying it. But a big change for a guy from TX and OK.

    Oh my God, there's no way they moved to Portland proper. Guarantee to a satellite city. The Portland area is fantastic. And Portland is still a cool city. And it's not as bad as SF. Sadly, the things that go on, we were already used to when we moved here. So I could literally see them coming. Portland is still a cool city but it used to be so much better. Again, drugs. Wealth disparity. Gentrifiers like me and your friends.

     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34242
    Posted: Aug. 15, 2023 - 12:11 AM ET #92

    @StumpTownStu

     

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders22: @StumpTownStu   Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu: Quote Originally Posted by UNIMAN: In 2020 San Francisco slashed $120,000,000 from it's police budget.   New York cut $1 BILLION. Los Angeles cut $150 million. Washington DC cut $15 million. Portland Oregon cut $15 million. A year later the Portland mayor said; "Parents are scared to let their children play outside.” and then reversed course and added $5 million back. ALL THE ABOVE CITIES REVERSED COURSE AND HAVE INCREASED THEIR POLICE BUDGETS. Wonder why?? Duh! Add to this the ignorant border policies that allow more drugs than ever and you have the stupid people in charge results. In 2020, 712 people in the city of San Francisco died from accidental drug overdoses, over twice the number who died from Covid-19 that year. And by the way, from Nov, 2020; Votes in the 2020 presidential election are still being counted Thursday, but so far Joe Biden isn't just beating Donald Trump in the Bay Area -- he's dominating. Of the 10 counties that voted the most heavily for Biden, eight are in the Bay Area.   It's official: The Bay Area is the bluest part of California Kinda says it all. Was one of those 10 counties LA county? LA county has more people that literally all of the Bay Area combined. Little population/geography lesson for my brother from the Midwest. I am pretty sure he is just meaning percentage-wise not by total votes.  Some of those counties were 80%+ or close to it.  That whole area was overwhelming voting for Biden.  At least next to LA County you have Orange which was a little closer.  I think LA County was right around 70%, whereas Orange had to be close to 50/50.  Nothing in the Bay Area I would think would be close to 50/50.  Maybe he can come back and clear it up if that is not what he meant. Co Co was 71%. Solano was 64% Santa Clara was 72%. Napa was 69%! I refuse to say that the Bay Area is more liberal than LA. LA county is freaking huge, geographically and population wise. The only city in San Francisco county is San Fran. That's less than a mil. Alameda county is probably a mil/5. LA county is freaking huge.

    Again.  I think he is just saying percentage-wise.  A much larger percentage of folks in the whole Bay Area vote Democrat.  Yes, more total people in LA county do -- but not as a percentage in all of S Cal, etc.  

    I don't know man -- there is a lot more variety down there I think.  I can think of many Right-leaning folks I know from there than I can from SF area.  

    Who knows?  But if cities, or areas, were ranked how they lean -- I would see SF more Left than LA area as a whole.  It may be closer than I think though.

    Reply

    @StumpTownStu

     

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders22: @StumpTownStu   Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu: Quote Originally Posted by UNIMAN: In 2020 San Francisco slashed $120,000,000 from it's police budget.   New York cut $1 BILLION. Los Angeles cut $150 million. Washington DC cut $15 million. Portland Oregon cut $15 million. A year later the Portland mayor said; "Parents are scared to let their children play outside.” and then reversed course and added $5 million back. ALL THE ABOVE CITIES REVERSED COURSE AND HAVE INCREASED THEIR POLICE BUDGETS. Wonder why?? Duh! Add to this the ignorant border policies that allow more drugs than ever and you have the stupid people in charge results. In 2020, 712 people in the city of San Francisco died from accidental drug overdoses, over twice the number who died from Covid-19 that year. And by the way, from Nov, 2020; Votes in the 2020 presidential election are still being counted Thursday, but so far Joe Biden isn't just beating Donald Trump in the Bay Area -- he's dominating. Of the 10 counties that voted the most heavily for Biden, eight are in the Bay Area.   It's official: The Bay Area is the bluest part of California Kinda says it all. Was one of those 10 counties LA county? LA county has more people that literally all of the Bay Area combined. Little population/geography lesson for my brother from the Midwest. I am pretty sure he is just meaning percentage-wise not by total votes.  Some of those counties were 80%+ or close to it.  That whole area was overwhelming voting for Biden.  At least next to LA County you have Orange which was a little closer.  I think LA County was right around 70%, whereas Orange had to be close to 50/50.  Nothing in the Bay Area I would think would be close to 50/50.  Maybe he can come back and clear it up if that is not what he meant. Co Co was 71%. Solano was 64% Santa Clara was 72%. Napa was 69%! I refuse to say that the Bay Area is more liberal than LA. LA county is freaking huge, geographically and population wise. The only city in San Francisco county is San Fran. That's less than a mil. Alameda county is probably a mil/5. LA county is freaking huge.

    Again.  I think he is just saying percentage-wise.  A much larger percentage of folks in the whole Bay Area vote Democrat.  Yes, more total people in LA county do -- but not as a percentage in all of S Cal, etc.  

    I don't know man -- there is a lot more variety down there I think.  I can think of many Right-leaning folks I know from there than I can from SF area.  

    Who knows?  But if cities, or areas, were ranked how they lean -- I would see SF more Left than LA area as a whole.  It may be closer than I think though.

     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34242
    Posted: Aug. 15, 2023 - 12:17 AM ET #93

    @StumpTownStu

     Yeah.  I just do not go to a lot of stores to start with.  So, maybe that is why I've never made it.  I do like REI though, glad to see you mention them.  I got my sleeping bag at one of their stores years ago.  Think most of my other stuff is Eddie Bauer and Cabellas.  But REI has some great stuff!

    Still, I need to go to Gumps just to say I have been I guess.

    Reply

    @StumpTownStu

     Yeah.  I just do not go to a lot of stores to start with.  So, maybe that is why I've never made it.  I do like REI though, glad to see you mention them.  I got my sleeping bag at one of their stores years ago.  Think most of my other stuff is Eddie Bauer and Cabellas.  But REI has some great stuff!

    Still, I need to go to Gumps just to say I have been I guess.

     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34242
    Posted: Aug. 15, 2023 - 12:21 AM ET #94

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders22: Yeah.  Guy I used to work with was from TX, OK? One of them.   Married a very liberal gal and she opened his mind up or whatever and now he is all anti-Texas stuff like guns and all of that.   At any rate they went a few years ago to Portland on vacation.  They loved it.  This year they took jobs in Portland, or moved there I think to work virtual. I told him it is different to just live somewhere all of a sudden -- it is not the same as a vacation and Portland has changed on the last couple of years. Heard from him a month or so ago and he said you are right, it is little San Francisco now.  But he said he is adjusting and enjoying it. But a big change for a guy from TX and OK. Oh my God, there's no way they moved to Portland proper. Guarantee to a satellite city. The Portland area is fantastic. And Portland is still a cool city. And it's not as bad as SF. Sadly, the things that go on, we were already used to when we moved here. So I could literally see them coming. Portland is still a cool city but it used to be so much better. Again, drugs. Wealth disparity. Gentrifiers like me and your friends.

    That is a good question.  I do not know exactly what part he moved to.  But he did say it is taking some adjusting.

    Oh, I love the area.  But I like outdoor stuff.  He fishes, I think, but not much else outside.  I told him he needs to get out there and hike and do things because he is a little out of shape and it would help him.  But you do have to take the good with the bad there now.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders22: Yeah.  Guy I used to work with was from TX, OK? One of them.   Married a very liberal gal and she opened his mind up or whatever and now he is all anti-Texas stuff like guns and all of that.   At any rate they went a few years ago to Portland on vacation.  They loved it.  This year they took jobs in Portland, or moved there I think to work virtual. I told him it is different to just live somewhere all of a sudden -- it is not the same as a vacation and Portland has changed on the last couple of years. Heard from him a month or so ago and he said you are right, it is little San Francisco now.  But he said he is adjusting and enjoying it. But a big change for a guy from TX and OK. Oh my God, there's no way they moved to Portland proper. Guarantee to a satellite city. The Portland area is fantastic. And Portland is still a cool city. And it's not as bad as SF. Sadly, the things that go on, we were already used to when we moved here. So I could literally see them coming. Portland is still a cool city but it used to be so much better. Again, drugs. Wealth disparity. Gentrifiers like me and your friends.

    That is a good question.  I do not know exactly what part he moved to.  But he did say it is taking some adjusting.

    Oh, I love the area.  But I like outdoor stuff.  He fishes, I think, but not much else outside.  I told him he needs to get out there and hike and do things because he is a little out of shape and it would help him.  But you do have to take the good with the bad there now.

     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34242
    Posted: Aug. 15, 2023 - 12:30 AM ET #95

    Did a quick glance:

    LA 71%

    Ventura 59

    Orange 53

    SD 60

    SB 65

     

    SF 85%

    Alameda 80

    Contra Costa 71

    Solana 64

    Napa 70

    Sonoma 75

    Marin 82

    Santa Cruz 79

    Santa Clara 72

    San Mateo 78

    Reply

    Did a quick glance:

    LA 71%

    Ventura 59

    Orange 53

    SD 60

    SB 65

     

    SF 85%

    Alameda 80

    Contra Costa 71

    Solana 64

    Napa 70

    Sonoma 75

    Marin 82

    Santa Cruz 79

    Santa Clara 72

    San Mateo 78

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Aug. 15, 2023 - 12:37 AM ET #96

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders22:

    @StumpTownStu   Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu: Quote Originally Posted by Raiders22: @StumpTownStu   Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu: Quote Originally Posted by UNIMAN: In 2020 San Francisco slashed $120,000,000 from it's police budget.   New York cut $1 BILLION. Los Angeles cut $150 million. Washington DC cut $15 million. Portland Oregon cut $15 million. A year later the Portland mayor said; "Parents are scared to let their children play outside.” and then reversed course and added $5 million back. ALL THE ABOVE CITIES REVERSED COURSE AND HAVE INCREASED THEIR POLICE BUDGETS. Wonder why?? Duh! Add to this the ignorant border policies that allow more drugs than ever and you have the stupid people in charge results. In 2020, 712 people in the city of San Francisco died from accidental drug overdoses, over twice the number who died from Covid-19 that year. And by the way, from Nov, 2020; Votes in the 2020 presidential election are still being counted Thursday, but so far Joe Biden isn't just beating Donald Trump in the Bay Area -- he's dominating. Of the 10 counties that voted the most heavily for Biden, eight are in the Bay Area.   It's official: The Bay Area is the bluest part of California Kinda says it all. Was one of those 10 counties LA county? LA county has more people that literally all of the Bay Area combined. Little population/geography lesson for my brother from the Midwest. I am pretty sure he is just meaning percentage-wise not by total votes.  Some of those counties were 80%+ or close to it.  That whole area was overwhelming voting for Biden.  At least next to LA County you have Orange which was a little closer.  I think LA County was right around 70%, whereas Orange had to be close to 50/50.  Nothing in the Bay Area I would think would be close to 50/50.  Maybe he can come back and clear it up if that is not what he meant. Co Co was 71%. Solano was 64% Santa Clara was 72%. Napa was 69%! I refuse to say that the Bay Area is more liberal than LA. LA county is freaking huge, geographically and population wise. The only city in San Francisco county is San Fran. That's less than a mil. Alameda county is probably a mil/5. LA county is freaking huge. Again.  I think he is just saying percentage-wise.  A much larger percentage of folks in the whole Bay Area vote Democrat.  Yes, more total people in LA county do -- but not as a percentage in all of S Cal, etc.   I don't know man -- there is a lot more variety down there I think.  I can think of many Right-leaning folks I know from there than I can from SF area.   Who knows?  But if cities, or areas, were ranked how they lean -- I would see SF more Left than LA area as a whole.  It may be closer than I think though.

    I get that but what I'm saying is that SF has like 750K people. LA has like 8m. If comparing to LA, you can't simply consider SF. You have to consider the whole region, because LA is a region unto itself. And in the region of the Bay Area, there are plenty of counties int that 69-72% range. And if one starts considering counties like San Joaquin, etc, then it's not even close. You can't judge the entire temperament of the Bay Area, of Northern California, on a city/county with like 750K people. You can't even judge the region on Oakland/Alameda county and SF/SF county. The region is so much more vast and populated than those two places. Just knowing both regions, of I drilled down deep into the math, the Bay Area might edge LA, but it would be close. And again, LA is so dang big, so populated... They need to hold that crown.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders22:

    @StumpTownStu   Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu: Quote Originally Posted by Raiders22: @StumpTownStu   Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu: Quote Originally Posted by UNIMAN: In 2020 San Francisco slashed $120,000,000 from it's police budget.   New York cut $1 BILLION. Los Angeles cut $150 million. Washington DC cut $15 million. Portland Oregon cut $15 million. A year later the Portland mayor said; "Parents are scared to let their children play outside.” and then reversed course and added $5 million back. ALL THE ABOVE CITIES REVERSED COURSE AND HAVE INCREASED THEIR POLICE BUDGETS. Wonder why?? Duh! Add to this the ignorant border policies that allow more drugs than ever and you have the stupid people in charge results. In 2020, 712 people in the city of San Francisco died from accidental drug overdoses, over twice the number who died from Covid-19 that year. And by the way, from Nov, 2020; Votes in the 2020 presidential election are still being counted Thursday, but so far Joe Biden isn't just beating Donald Trump in the Bay Area -- he's dominating. Of the 10 counties that voted the most heavily for Biden, eight are in the Bay Area.   It's official: The Bay Area is the bluest part of California Kinda says it all. Was one of those 10 counties LA county? LA county has more people that literally all of the Bay Area combined. Little population/geography lesson for my brother from the Midwest. I am pretty sure he is just meaning percentage-wise not by total votes.  Some of those counties were 80%+ or close to it.  That whole area was overwhelming voting for Biden.  At least next to LA County you have Orange which was a little closer.  I think LA County was right around 70%, whereas Orange had to be close to 50/50.  Nothing in the Bay Area I would think would be close to 50/50.  Maybe he can come back and clear it up if that is not what he meant. Co Co was 71%. Solano was 64% Santa Clara was 72%. Napa was 69%! I refuse to say that the Bay Area is more liberal than LA. LA county is freaking huge, geographically and population wise. The only city in San Francisco county is San Fran. That's less than a mil. Alameda county is probably a mil/5. LA county is freaking huge. Again.  I think he is just saying percentage-wise.  A much larger percentage of folks in the whole Bay Area vote Democrat.  Yes, more total people in LA county do -- but not as a percentage in all of S Cal, etc.   I don't know man -- there is a lot more variety down there I think.  I can think of many Right-leaning folks I know from there than I can from SF area.   Who knows?  But if cities, or areas, were ranked how they lean -- I would see SF more Left than LA area as a whole.  It may be closer than I think though.

    I get that but what I'm saying is that SF has like 750K people. LA has like 8m. If comparing to LA, you can't simply consider SF. You have to consider the whole region, because LA is a region unto itself. And in the region of the Bay Area, there are plenty of counties int that 69-72% range. And if one starts considering counties like San Joaquin, etc, then it's not even close. You can't judge the entire temperament of the Bay Area, of Northern California, on a city/county with like 750K people. You can't even judge the region on Oakland/Alameda county and SF/SF county. The region is so much more vast and populated than those two places. Just knowing both regions, of I drilled down deep into the math, the Bay Area might edge LA, but it would be close. And again, LA is so dang big, so populated... They need to hold that crown.

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Aug. 15, 2023 - 12:42 AM ET #97

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders22:

    Did a quick glance: LA 71% Ventura 59 Orange 53 SD 60 SB 65   SF 85% Alameda 80 Contra Costa 71 Solana 64 Napa 70 Sonoma 75 Marin 82 Santa Cruz 79 Santa Clara 72 San Mateo 78

    SD and SB are not LA. If we're counting them, then I've got a ton of NorCal counties to throw in the mix. Sac County is 61%. San Joaquin is 55%.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders22:

    Did a quick glance: LA 71% Ventura 59 Orange 53 SD 60 SB 65   SF 85% Alameda 80 Contra Costa 71 Solana 64 Napa 70 Sonoma 75 Marin 82 Santa Cruz 79 Santa Clara 72 San Mateo 78

    SD and SB are not LA. If we're counting them, then I've got a ton of NorCal counties to throw in the mix. Sac County is 61%. San Joaquin is 55%.

     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34242
    Posted: Aug. 15, 2023 - 2:03 AM ET #98

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders22: Did a quick glance: LA 71% Ventura 59 Orange 53 SD 60 SB 65   SF 85% Alameda 80 Contra Costa 71 Solana 64 Napa 70 Sonoma 75 Marin 82 Santa Cruz 79 Santa Clara 72 San Mateo 78 SD and SB are not LA. If we're counting them, then I've got a ton of NorCal counties to throw in the mix. Sac County is 61%. San Joaquin is 55%.

     

    Nah. Just listing some in adjacent areas to show what I think he meant.  The areas around SF voted way higher percentages for Biden, etc.

    Yes. Way more folks in LA area;  I am fairly certain he knows that.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders22: Did a quick glance: LA 71% Ventura 59 Orange 53 SD 60 SB 65   SF 85% Alameda 80 Contra Costa 71 Solana 64 Napa 70 Sonoma 75 Marin 82 Santa Cruz 79 Santa Clara 72 San Mateo 78 SD and SB are not LA. If we're counting them, then I've got a ton of NorCal counties to throw in the mix. Sac County is 61%. San Joaquin is 55%.

     

    Nah. Just listing some in adjacent areas to show what I think he meant.  The areas around SF voted way higher percentages for Biden, etc.

    Yes. Way more folks in LA area;  I am fairly certain he knows that.

     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34242
    Posted: Aug. 15, 2023 - 2:07 AM ET #99

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders22: Did a quick glance: LA 71% Ventura 59 Orange 53 SD 60 SB 65   SF 85% Alameda 80 Contra Costa 71 Solana 64 Napa 70 Sonoma 75 Marin 82 Santa Cruz 79 Santa Clara 72 San Mateo 78 SD and SB are not LA. If we're counting them, then I've got a ton of NorCal counties to throw in the mix. Sac County is 61%. San Joaquin is 55%.

    Yes Nor Cal is different for sure.  I think his point was surrounding SF and just Bay Area.  That whole area is way Blue was his point, I think.

    But the same could be said for for LA and they have similar problems.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders22: Did a quick glance: LA 71% Ventura 59 Orange 53 SD 60 SB 65   SF 85% Alameda 80 Contra Costa 71 Solana 64 Napa 70 Sonoma 75 Marin 82 Santa Cruz 79 Santa Clara 72 San Mateo 78 SD and SB are not LA. If we're counting them, then I've got a ton of NorCal counties to throw in the mix. Sac County is 61%. San Joaquin is 55%.

    Yes Nor Cal is different for sure.  I think his point was surrounding SF and just Bay Area.  That whole area is way Blue was his point, I think.

    But the same could be said for for LA and they have similar problems.

     
     
    UNIMAN
    UNIMAN
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2014
    Posts: 10454
    Posted: Aug. 15, 2023 - 10:42 AM ET #100

    Yes, it was percentage.

    https://abc7news.com/election-results-joe-biden-donald-trump-bay-area/7680084/

    Reply

    Yes, it was percentage.

    https://abc7news.com/election-results-joe-biden-donald-trump-bay-area/7680084/

    All Forums | Politics
    «First Previous 12345 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 450,723
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,195
    • Monday 09/28/2026 816
    • Eagles vs Bears in-game live MNF 2,829
    • PART DEUX 280
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,288
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,006
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 102,466
    • Eagles@Bears discussion 3,690
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,482

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.