• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Week 4 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Politics

    Part Sechs of You Can't Make This Stuff Up!

    «First Previous 848586 ... 152153154 Next Last»
    Raiders22
    Midnight1
    Raiderpug
    Europa
    Snorkel
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 50294
    Posts: 3826
    «First Previous 848586 ... 152153154 Next Last»
     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34269
    Posted: Apr. 15, 2020 - 3:22 PM ET #2076

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    Exactly darkhorse. Take private equity investors. They take huge risks to make huge profits. Now they are hitting a downside to business but have the government stepping in to assist them. Basically we have we have capitalism on the way up and socialism on the way down. Either you're a capitalist or you are not. You can't have it both ways.

    That was your reply?!

    Then I asked what did you mean? Are you saying that all private equity investors are Conservatives?

    Is that what you were thinking of when you typed that up to start with?  

    I do not understand your answer — if this was your answer?  peace_5

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    Exactly darkhorse. Take private equity investors. They take huge risks to make huge profits. Now they are hitting a downside to business but have the government stepping in to assist them. Basically we have we have capitalism on the way up and socialism on the way down. Either you're a capitalist or you are not. You can't have it both ways.

    That was your reply?!

    Then I asked what did you mean? Are you saying that all private equity investors are Conservatives?

    Is that what you were thinking of when you typed that up to start with?  

    I do not understand your answer — if this was your answer?  peace_5

     

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25516
    Posted: Apr. 15, 2020 - 5:46 PM ET #2077

    No, all private equity investors are not conservatives but all of them will accept a government handout. McConnell said Republicans would build a wall against socialism but yet are bailing out corporations again.

    Pro/Con beliefs on socialism & capitalism fall very much into economic buckets. However, having roads, libraries, hospitals etc are a form of socialism that in most cases benefits everyone.

    When it is to their advantage, Republicans accept socialist benefits with open arms. Contrarily, I do not believe most people want to stay home and get a free handout from the government. But I believe it is society's duty to help those who cannot help themselves.

    A good blend of socialism/capitalism is what we have now & IMO it's working well for all.

    Reply

    No, all private equity investors are not conservatives but all of them will accept a government handout. McConnell said Republicans would build a wall against socialism but yet are bailing out corporations again.

    Pro/Con beliefs on socialism & capitalism fall very much into economic buckets. However, having roads, libraries, hospitals etc are a form of socialism that in most cases benefits everyone.

    When it is to their advantage, Republicans accept socialist benefits with open arms. Contrarily, I do not believe most people want to stay home and get a free handout from the government. But I believe it is society's duty to help those who cannot help themselves.

    A good blend of socialism/capitalism is what we have now & IMO it's working well for all.

     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34269
    Posted: Apr. 15, 2020 - 5:53 PM ET #2078

    For example?  Where have you heard this from any conservative or capitalist?  Where have you heard these guys calling for a bailout?

    Pro/Con beliefs on socialism & capitalism fall very much into economic buckets.

    I have no idea what that statement even means?  Explain what you mean further?

    I do not think this is a trueness reflection of the opposition of their beliefs at all.  It is way more than mere economics.  

    Reply

    For example?  Where have you heard this from any conservative or capitalist?  Where have you heard these guys calling for a bailout?

    Pro/Con beliefs on socialism & capitalism fall very much into economic buckets.

    I have no idea what that statement even means?  Explain what you mean further?

    I do not think this is a trueness reflection of the opposition of their beliefs at all.  It is way more than mere economics.  

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25516
    Posted: Apr. 15, 2020 - 6:11 PM ET #2079

    Here's an interesting story I read about Pastor Pence in January 2009...

    The Good Pastor was named #3 House republican and at the annual retreat in Hot Springs, VA there was a lot of backslapping and congratulatory handshakes. Pence produced a clip from the movie Patton.

    The WWII General said "We are advancing constantly, and we're not interested in holding onto anything except the enemy. We're going to hold onto him by the nose, and we're gonna kick him in the ass. We're gonna kick the hell out of him all the time, and we're gonna go through him like crap through a goose." He stunned his fellow Republicans and then polite applause was heard.

    Who knew?

    Reply

    Here's an interesting story I read about Pastor Pence in January 2009...

    The Good Pastor was named #3 House republican and at the annual retreat in Hot Springs, VA there was a lot of backslapping and congratulatory handshakes. Pence produced a clip from the movie Patton.

    The WWII General said "We are advancing constantly, and we're not interested in holding onto anything except the enemy. We're going to hold onto him by the nose, and we're gonna kick him in the ass. We're gonna kick the hell out of him all the time, and we're gonna go through him like crap through a goose." He stunned his fellow Republicans and then polite applause was heard.

    Who knew?

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25516
    Posted: Apr. 15, 2020 - 6:20 PM ET #2080

    Months after President Donald Trump promised to open FBI files to help families of the 9/11 victims in a civil lawsuit against the Saudi government, the Justice Department has doubled down on its claim that the information is a state secret.

    What state secret? Does anyone know?

    Reply

    Months after President Donald Trump promised to open FBI files to help families of the 9/11 victims in a civil lawsuit against the Saudi government, the Justice Department has doubled down on its claim that the information is a state secret.

    What state secret? Does anyone know?

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25516
    Posted: Apr. 15, 2020 - 6:30 PM ET #2081

    There's an excellent interview with Dr. Fauci reported in ...VANITY FAIR!

    Reply

    There's an excellent interview with Dr. Fauci reported in ...VANITY FAIR!

     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34269
    Posted: Apr. 15, 2020 - 7:52 PM ET #2082

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    No, all private equity investors are not conservatives but all of them will accept a government handout. McConnell said Republicans would build a wall against socialism but yet are bailing out corporations again. Pro/Con beliefs on socialism & capitalism fall very much into economic buckets. However, having roads, libraries, hospitals etc are a form of socialism that in most cases benefits everyone. When it is to their advantage, Republicans accept socialist benefits with open arms. Contrarily, I do not believe most people want to stay home and get a free handout from the government. But I believe it is society's duty to help those who cannot help themselves. A good blend of socialism/capitalism is what we have now & IMO it's working well for all.

    The term “socialism” has been applied to very different economic and political systems throughout history, including utopianism, anarchism, Soviet communism and social democracy.

     

    But social reform programs like Social Securityand Medicare, which opponents once denounced as socialist, became over time a well-accepted part of American society.

     

    The wide range of interpretations and definitions of socialism across the political spectrum, and the lack of a common understanding of what socialism is or how it looks in practice reflects its complicated evolution. Nonetheless, socialist parties and ideas continue to influence policy in nations around the world. And socialism’s persistence speaks to the enduring appeal of calling for a more egalitarian society.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    No, all private equity investors are not conservatives but all of them will accept a government handout. McConnell said Republicans would build a wall against socialism but yet are bailing out corporations again. Pro/Con beliefs on socialism & capitalism fall very much into economic buckets. However, having roads, libraries, hospitals etc are a form of socialism that in most cases benefits everyone. When it is to their advantage, Republicans accept socialist benefits with open arms. Contrarily, I do not believe most people want to stay home and get a free handout from the government. But I believe it is society's duty to help those who cannot help themselves. A good blend of socialism/capitalism is what we have now & IMO it's working well for all.

    The term “socialism” has been applied to very different economic and political systems throughout history, including utopianism, anarchism, Soviet communism and social democracy.

     

    But social reform programs like Social Securityand Medicare, which opponents once denounced as socialist, became over time a well-accepted part of American society.

     

    The wide range of interpretations and definitions of socialism across the political spectrum, and the lack of a common understanding of what socialism is or how it looks in practice reflects its complicated evolution. Nonetheless, socialist parties and ideas continue to influence policy in nations around the world. And socialism’s persistence speaks to the enduring appeal of calling for a more egalitarian society.

     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34269
    Posted: Apr. 15, 2020 - 7:53 PM ET #2083

    Socialism

    Socialism is both an economic system and an ideology (in the non-pejorative sense of that term). A socialist economy features social rather than private ownership of the means of production.

    Socialistideology asserts the moral and economic superiority of an economy with these features, especially as compared with capitalism. More specifically, socialists typically argue that capitalism undermines democracy, facilitates exploitation, distributes opportunities and resources unfairly, and vitiates community, stunting self-realization and human development. Socialism, by democratizing, humanizing, and rationalizing economic relations, largely eliminates these problems.

    Reply

    Socialism

    Socialism is both an economic system and an ideology (in the non-pejorative sense of that term). A socialist economy features social rather than private ownership of the means of production.

    Socialistideology asserts the moral and economic superiority of an economy with these features, especially as compared with capitalism. More specifically, socialists typically argue that capitalism undermines democracy, facilitates exploitation, distributes opportunities and resources unfairly, and vitiates community, stunting self-realization and human development. Socialism, by democratizing, humanizing, and rationalizing economic relations, largely eliminates these problems.

     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34269
    Posted: Apr. 15, 2020 - 8:03 PM ET #2084

    Yes, corporate bailouts are capitalist, even if they don't conform to capitalist ideology.

    There has been a lot of discussion here recently about corporate bailouts and whether they should be classified as either socialist or capitalist. u/englishmaanMade a post here a few days ago claiming that corporate bailouts and socialism are based on the same principle, therefore corporate bailouts are socialist.While some people came close, no one really called them out on the guilt by association fallacy, and I think the reason is, a lot of us are guilty of making this fallacy. The point is what socialist advocate for and what socialism is are two completely different things, and they should not be confused. The same goes for capitalism.

     

    The literal definition of capitalism from the dictionary: “an economic and political system in which a country's trade and industry are controlled by private owners for profit, rather than by the state.“. There’s nothing about a completely free market in there. Both corporatism and social democracy (corporatism especially) still preserve the system of capitalism, as the system is defined by private for profit industry largely controlling the economy, not said economy being completely free from government intervention. Even with corporate bailouts, the economy and the means of production are still almost entirely controlled by private owners.

     

    My point is that you can't just define capitalism, that's not how it works. What you did there was just tell me what you think capitalism should look like.

    What capitalism actually is determined empirically; in other words I first look at what capitalism is, before I define what it is. Looking out into the world I see that bailouts, and other market interference in way challenge capitalism, but on the other hand, helps capitalists and capitalism in general to get past certain crises. Therefore, it does not make any sense to me to then define bailout as somehow anti-capitalism. Maybe it's against a certain capitalist ideology, but not against capitalism.

    Reply

    Yes, corporate bailouts are capitalist, even if they don't conform to capitalist ideology.

    There has been a lot of discussion here recently about corporate bailouts and whether they should be classified as either socialist or capitalist. u/englishmaanMade a post here a few days ago claiming that corporate bailouts and socialism are based on the same principle, therefore corporate bailouts are socialist.While some people came close, no one really called them out on the guilt by association fallacy, and I think the reason is, a lot of us are guilty of making this fallacy. The point is what socialist advocate for and what socialism is are two completely different things, and they should not be confused. The same goes for capitalism.

     

    The literal definition of capitalism from the dictionary: “an economic and political system in which a country's trade and industry are controlled by private owners for profit, rather than by the state.“. There’s nothing about a completely free market in there. Both corporatism and social democracy (corporatism especially) still preserve the system of capitalism, as the system is defined by private for profit industry largely controlling the economy, not said economy being completely free from government intervention. Even with corporate bailouts, the economy and the means of production are still almost entirely controlled by private owners.

     

    My point is that you can't just define capitalism, that's not how it works. What you did there was just tell me what you think capitalism should look like.

    What capitalism actually is determined empirically; in other words I first look at what capitalism is, before I define what it is. Looking out into the world I see that bailouts, and other market interference in way challenge capitalism, but on the other hand, helps capitalists and capitalism in general to get past certain crises. Therefore, it does not make any sense to me to then define bailout as somehow anti-capitalism. Maybe it's against a certain capitalist ideology, but not against capitalism.

     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34269
    Posted: Apr. 15, 2020 - 8:06 PM ET #2085

    With all of that as a background how do you consolidate this:

    Republicans love capitalism when things are going well for the country but they equally love socialism when things are going poorly for the country. 

    What capitalist has said/wrote something to make you feel this way?

    That is still my question?  

    No rush.  Take your time.  peace_5

    Reply

    With all of that as a background how do you consolidate this:

    Republicans love capitalism when things are going well for the country but they equally love socialism when things are going poorly for the country. 

    What capitalist has said/wrote something to make you feel this way?

    That is still my question?  

    No rush.  Take your time.  peace_5

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25516
    Posted: Apr. 15, 2020 - 8:32 PM ET #2086

    You can cut/paste but that doesn't share your opinion. So how about doing that?

    Hurry up! I'm a busy man.an_roll_laugh 

    Reply

    You can cut/paste but that doesn't share your opinion. So how about doing that?

    Hurry up! I'm a busy man.an_roll_laugh 

     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34269
    Posted: Apr. 15, 2020 - 8:36 PM ET #2087

    My opinion is what you posed is not correct.  And I provided information and examples as proof.  

    Your turn. 

    Reply

    My opinion is what you posed is not correct.  And I provided information and examples as proof.  

    Your turn. 

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25516
    Posted: Apr. 15, 2020 - 10:19 PM ET #2088

    What you posted was someone else's opinion from a textbook or article you have. I don't believe you wrote that response. And it's not a matter of right or wrong. It's a matter of what we believe. You believe Trump is doing a good job & I think he's a POS. I believe Republicans care more about their own pockets rather than the pocket of society. 

    My life experiences have proven to me my statement is correct

    Reply

    What you posted was someone else's opinion from a textbook or article you have. I don't believe you wrote that response. And it's not a matter of right or wrong. It's a matter of what we believe. You believe Trump is doing a good job & I think he's a POS. I believe Republicans care more about their own pockets rather than the pocket of society. 

    My life experiences have proven to me my statement is correct

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25516
    Posted: Apr. 15, 2020 - 10:32 PM ET #2089

    Joel Osteen: “If Jesus Wanted Me To Share My Wealth, He Wouldn’t Have Let Me Accumulate $40 Million!”

    Spoken like a true Republican. This is the same guy who wouldn't open his church to help save people in Houston during a hurricane.

    From Midnight1 Psalms of Life 2.4.2 "Jesus would slap the shit out of you."

    Reply

    Joel Osteen: “If Jesus Wanted Me To Share My Wealth, He Wouldn’t Have Let Me Accumulate $40 Million!”

    Spoken like a true Republican. This is the same guy who wouldn't open his church to help save people in Houston during a hurricane.

    From Midnight1 Psalms of Life 2.4.2 "Jesus would slap the shit out of you."

     
    Raiderpug
    Raiderpug
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 3006
    Posted: Apr. 16, 2020 - 12:30 AM ET #2090

    Best thing that could happen to Dr Fauci:

    1. Trump fires Dr Fauci

    2. Cuomo hires Dr Fauci

    3. Dr Fauci tells the whole truth

    Reply

    Best thing that could happen to Dr Fauci:

    1. Trump fires Dr Fauci

    2. Cuomo hires Dr Fauci

    3. Dr Fauci tells the whole truth

     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34269
    Posted: Apr. 16, 2020 - 1:12 AM ET #2091

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    What you posted was someone else's opinion from a textbook or article you have. I don't believe you wrote that response. And it's not a matter of right or wrong. It's a matter of what we believe. You believe Trump is doing a good job & I think he's a POS. I believe Republicans care more about their own pockets rather than the pocket of society.  My life experiences have proven to me my statement is correct

    Yes. From places that defined the philosophies and set the groundwork for a basis of where the capitalist and the socialist come from.  

    But that is some of the stuff I base my opinion on.  

    My opinion is simply that I disagree with your opinion.  As I understand it:

     Republicans love capitalism when things are going well for the country but they equally love socialism when things are going poorly for the country. 

    I do not believe this.  I do not know any Republican that does.  I do not know any pundit or political writer that does.

    So, I have asked you to support your opinion — and so far you have not.  You can’t even give me the example that you were thinking of when you wrote that statement.  

    You keep saying nobody will debate you on anything.  This is like the third time I have tried.  This is a good topic because it is a difference of philosophical ideas — not just political talking points.  

    But you cannot even get going on this topic either.  

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    What you posted was someone else's opinion from a textbook or article you have. I don't believe you wrote that response. And it's not a matter of right or wrong. It's a matter of what we believe. You believe Trump is doing a good job & I think he's a POS. I believe Republicans care more about their own pockets rather than the pocket of society.  My life experiences have proven to me my statement is correct

    Yes. From places that defined the philosophies and set the groundwork for a basis of where the capitalist and the socialist come from.  

    But that is some of the stuff I base my opinion on.  

    My opinion is simply that I disagree with your opinion.  As I understand it:

     Republicans love capitalism when things are going well for the country but they equally love socialism when things are going poorly for the country. 

    I do not believe this.  I do not know any Republican that does.  I do not know any pundit or political writer that does.

    So, I have asked you to support your opinion — and so far you have not.  You can’t even give me the example that you were thinking of when you wrote that statement.  

    You keep saying nobody will debate you on anything.  This is like the third time I have tried.  This is a good topic because it is a difference of philosophical ideas — not just political talking points.  

    But you cannot even get going on this topic either.  

     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34269
    Posted: Apr. 16, 2020 - 1:20 AM ET #2092

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    What you posted was someone else's opinion from a textbook or article you have. I don't believe you wrote that response. And it's not a matter of right or wrong. It's a matter of what we believe. You believe Trump is doing a good job & I think he's a POS. I believe Republicans care more about their own pockets rather than the pocket of society.  My life experiences have proven to me my statement is correct

    I am not interested really in Trump, have never said one way or the other about whether I think he is doing a good job or not.  No point in discussing that.  

    What life experiences prove to you that Republicans like capitalism in good times and socialism in tough times?  

    This is where you can support that opinion.  

    If you cannot I fully understand.  

    But then you cannot continue say no one wants to debate issues with you.  

    I for sure and not just simply going to go back and forth and repeat talking points about whether Trump is so awful or not.  No point to that — I get it — you hate the guy.  I think that is irrational and unreasonable.  So I am not trying to argue about that.  

    I always go with the idea that, “You cannot reason someone away from something, when reason is not what got them there in the first place.”  

    But ideas and philosophies — I am okay with that.  

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    What you posted was someone else's opinion from a textbook or article you have. I don't believe you wrote that response. And it's not a matter of right or wrong. It's a matter of what we believe. You believe Trump is doing a good job & I think he's a POS. I believe Republicans care more about their own pockets rather than the pocket of society.  My life experiences have proven to me my statement is correct

    I am not interested really in Trump, have never said one way or the other about whether I think he is doing a good job or not.  No point in discussing that.  

    What life experiences prove to you that Republicans like capitalism in good times and socialism in tough times?  

    This is where you can support that opinion.  

    If you cannot I fully understand.  

    But then you cannot continue say no one wants to debate issues with you.  

    I for sure and not just simply going to go back and forth and repeat talking points about whether Trump is so awful or not.  No point to that — I get it — you hate the guy.  I think that is irrational and unreasonable.  So I am not trying to argue about that.  

    I always go with the idea that, “You cannot reason someone away from something, when reason is not what got them there in the first place.”  

    But ideas and philosophies — I am okay with that.  

     

     
    Europa
    Europa
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2003
    Posts: 42701
    Posted: Apr. 16, 2020 - 1:36 AM ET #2093

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiderpug:

    Best thing that could happen to Dr Fauci: 1. Trump fires Dr Fauci 2. Cuomo hires Dr Fauci 3. Dr Fauci tells the whole truth

    I doubt Mr. Donald J Trump will fire Dr. Fauci. Trump appears yearning for doing that when on Sunday he retweeted a call to fire Dr. Anthony Fauci, but I think he will pay hefty price for doing it. 

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiderpug:

    Best thing that could happen to Dr Fauci: 1. Trump fires Dr Fauci 2. Cuomo hires Dr Fauci 3. Dr Fauci tells the whole truth

    I doubt Mr. Donald J Trump will fire Dr. Fauci. Trump appears yearning for doing that when on Sunday he retweeted a call to fire Dr. Anthony Fauci, but I think he will pay hefty price for doing it. 

     

     
    Snorkel
    Snorkel
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 1177
    Posted: Apr. 16, 2020 - 7:48 AM ET #2094

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    Republicans love capitalism when things are going well for the country but they equally love socialism when things are going poorly for the country. Farking Hypocrites!
    .                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         WOW - Calling Republicans Hypocites is laughable- This is the lamest post I have ever read by you.Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    Republicans love capitalism when things are going well for the country but they equally love socialism when things are going poorly for the country. Farking Hypocrites!
    .                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         WOW - Calling Republicans Hypocites is laughable- This is the lamest post I have ever read by you.Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25516
    Posted: Apr. 16, 2020 - 1:23 PM ET #2095

    Snorkel...good to see you've come up for air.

    an_clap

    Reply

    Snorkel...good to see you've come up for air.

    an_clap

     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34269
    Posted: Apr. 16, 2020 - 1:44 PM ET #2096

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    My life experiences have proven to me my statement is correct

    I can argue both sides.  I like to make it a point to understand the points of both sides.  

    Would you like to switch sides and I can make your argument if you like?

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    My life experiences have proven to me my statement is correct

    I can argue both sides.  I like to make it a point to understand the points of both sides.  

    Would you like to switch sides and I can make your argument if you like?

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25516
    Posted: Apr. 16, 2020 - 2:14 PM ET #2097

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders22:

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1: What you posted was someone else's opinion from a textbook or article you have. I don't believe you wrote that response. And it's not a matter of right or wrong. It's a matter of what we believe. You believe Trump is doing a good job & I think he's a POS. I believe Republicans care more about their own pockets rather than the pocket of society.  My life experiences have proven to me my statement is correct Yes. From places that defined the philosophies and set the groundwork for a basis of where the capitalist and the socialist come from.   But that is some of the stuff I base my opinion on.   My opinion is simply that I disagree with your opinion.  As I understand it:  Republicans love capitalism when things are going well for the country but they equally love socialism when things are going poorly for the country.  I do not believe this.  I do not know any Republican that does.  I do not know any pundit or political writer that does. So, I have asked you to support your opinion — and so far you have not.  You can’t even give me the example that you were thinking of when you wrote that statement.   You keep saying nobody will debate you on anything.  This is like the third time I have tried.  This is a good topic because it is a difference of philosophical ideas — not just political talking points.   But you cannot even get going on this topic either.

    OK, I'm getting tired of this subject but I'll give it another shot.

    You love Medicare but not Medicaid, right?

    You are OK with corporations getting bailed out & I am not, right?

    68% of Republican women view socialism in a positive manner.

    Here's a life experience...growing up things were pretty tough from a financial point of view not just for my family but most in the neighborhood. My Dad lost his job at the Daily News in NYC & couldn't find another for months. He picked up odd jobs here and there as a carpenter to put food on the table, I was about 12 at the time. We missed our rent payment & my father offered to do perform carpentry work within the building as well as other buildings owned by this wealthy guy. He refused the offer and we had one foot out on the street which was pretty scary for a kid. Thankfully, my grandmother came up with the rent, my father got another job & the rest is history. The landlord planned to raise the rent in the apartment 50 bucks a month if we had been forced out. 

    Move ahead 5 years & we are playing fast pitch softball & his son was playing 2nd base. I never forgot what his Dad did to mine & when I got my chance I broke his ankle on a legitimate slide into 2nd base.

    His father had become a Republican state congressman in the Bronx & I always remember that he had a chance to help us but chose his money over my family. I have other life experiences both as a small business owner dealing with banks & my corporate experiences where people were treated as disposable. I won't bore you with those but life experiences helped shape my views on the subject. 

    To further bolster my view of private equity, look and see what Blackstone's United Health & other healthcare companies are doing during this pandemic. They are reducing physician salary, paid time off etc. Take a look at Cali Rep. Katie Porter's letter she recently sent. You can find it online.   

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders22:

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1: What you posted was someone else's opinion from a textbook or article you have. I don't believe you wrote that response. And it's not a matter of right or wrong. It's a matter of what we believe. You believe Trump is doing a good job & I think he's a POS. I believe Republicans care more about their own pockets rather than the pocket of society.  My life experiences have proven to me my statement is correct Yes. From places that defined the philosophies and set the groundwork for a basis of where the capitalist and the socialist come from.   But that is some of the stuff I base my opinion on.   My opinion is simply that I disagree with your opinion.  As I understand it:  Republicans love capitalism when things are going well for the country but they equally love socialism when things are going poorly for the country.  I do not believe this.  I do not know any Republican that does.  I do not know any pundit or political writer that does. So, I have asked you to support your opinion — and so far you have not.  You can’t even give me the example that you were thinking of when you wrote that statement.   You keep saying nobody will debate you on anything.  This is like the third time I have tried.  This is a good topic because it is a difference of philosophical ideas — not just political talking points.   But you cannot even get going on this topic either.

    OK, I'm getting tired of this subject but I'll give it another shot.

    You love Medicare but not Medicaid, right?

    You are OK with corporations getting bailed out & I am not, right?

    68% of Republican women view socialism in a positive manner.

    Here's a life experience...growing up things were pretty tough from a financial point of view not just for my family but most in the neighborhood. My Dad lost his job at the Daily News in NYC & couldn't find another for months. He picked up odd jobs here and there as a carpenter to put food on the table, I was about 12 at the time. We missed our rent payment & my father offered to do perform carpentry work within the building as well as other buildings owned by this wealthy guy. He refused the offer and we had one foot out on the street which was pretty scary for a kid. Thankfully, my grandmother came up with the rent, my father got another job & the rest is history. The landlord planned to raise the rent in the apartment 50 bucks a month if we had been forced out. 

    Move ahead 5 years & we are playing fast pitch softball & his son was playing 2nd base. I never forgot what his Dad did to mine & when I got my chance I broke his ankle on a legitimate slide into 2nd base.

    His father had become a Republican state congressman in the Bronx & I always remember that he had a chance to help us but chose his money over my family. I have other life experiences both as a small business owner dealing with banks & my corporate experiences where people were treated as disposable. I won't bore you with those but life experiences helped shape my views on the subject. 

    To further bolster my view of private equity, look and see what Blackstone's United Health & other healthcare companies are doing during this pandemic. They are reducing physician salary, paid time off etc. Take a look at Cali Rep. Katie Porter's letter she recently sent. You can find it online.   

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25516
    Posted: Apr. 16, 2020 - 4:51 PM ET #2098

    Former Putin flunky, Marc Caputo, has joined the Trump administration.

    You Can't Make This Stuff Up!

    Reply

    Former Putin flunky, Marc Caputo, has joined the Trump administration.

    You Can't Make This Stuff Up!

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25516
    Posted: Apr. 16, 2020 - 5:12 PM ET #2099

    t’s a world of laughter
    A world of tears
    It’s a world of hopes
    And a world of fears
    There’s so much that we share
    That it’s time we’re aware
    It’s a small world after all.

     
     

    — “Disney’s Sing-Along Songs”

    It’s been messy and, at least for the time being, it’s all gone. Who got the funding? That’s not yet clear. The Government Accountability Office and the Congressional Oversight Commission have been tasked with following the money, but it will take time — weeks, maybe months — for their reports to appear. The SBA said it has approved about 1.4 million loan applications, which account for some $301 billion of the $349 billion committed to small business. This suggests that, on average, each applicant got about $215,000.

    Here’s what’s curious: There are 30 million small businesses in the U.S., according to the SBA’s own data, so less than 5% of them have gobbled up most of the bailout money in just two weeks. Who are the lucky — or well-connected — winners? We’ll have to wait and see, but in the meantime, at least one subset of entrepreneurs who also consider themselves small business owners are worth some attention.

    Hedge fund managers, those elite risk arbitrageurs whose financial derring-do, market dexterity and compensation have made them the stuff of legends, are lining up for small business bailout money.

    According to Bloomberg News,, hedgies and other trading firms have been taking cues from their accountants and lawyers and making bids for some of that $350 billion. When the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act passed earlier this month, it mandated that small businesses would be defined as any entity with fewer than 500 employees. Sure enough, lots of hedge funds fall under that umbrella. The the top 10 or so funds in the U.S. employ anywhere from about 500 to about 2,500 people each, but once you move down the rankings the headcount (as well as the amount of assets under management) shrinks rapidly. So sure, hedge funds are “small” by the government’s definition, and right now, with the economy falling apart and bottom lines evaporating, “small” is a good thing to be if you want a handout.

    Reply

    t’s a world of laughter
    A world of tears
    It’s a world of hopes
    And a world of fears
    There’s so much that we share
    That it’s time we’re aware
    It’s a small world after all.

     
     

    — “Disney’s Sing-Along Songs”

    It’s been messy and, at least for the time being, it’s all gone. Who got the funding? That’s not yet clear. The Government Accountability Office and the Congressional Oversight Commission have been tasked with following the money, but it will take time — weeks, maybe months — for their reports to appear. The SBA said it has approved about 1.4 million loan applications, which account for some $301 billion of the $349 billion committed to small business. This suggests that, on average, each applicant got about $215,000.

    Here’s what’s curious: There are 30 million small businesses in the U.S., according to the SBA’s own data, so less than 5% of them have gobbled up most of the bailout money in just two weeks. Who are the lucky — or well-connected — winners? We’ll have to wait and see, but in the meantime, at least one subset of entrepreneurs who also consider themselves small business owners are worth some attention.

    Hedge fund managers, those elite risk arbitrageurs whose financial derring-do, market dexterity and compensation have made them the stuff of legends, are lining up for small business bailout money.

    According to Bloomberg News,, hedgies and other trading firms have been taking cues from their accountants and lawyers and making bids for some of that $350 billion. When the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act passed earlier this month, it mandated that small businesses would be defined as any entity with fewer than 500 employees. Sure enough, lots of hedge funds fall under that umbrella. The the top 10 or so funds in the U.S. employ anywhere from about 500 to about 2,500 people each, but once you move down the rankings the headcount (as well as the amount of assets under management) shrinks rapidly. So sure, hedge funds are “small” by the government’s definition, and right now, with the economy falling apart and bottom lines evaporating, “small” is a good thing to be if you want a handout.

     
     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25516
    Posted: Apr. 16, 2020 - 5:17 PM ET #2100

    However…

    Hedge funds have “large” fortunes tucked inside their “small” businesses. An average portfolio manager at a hedge fund may make about 1.4 million a year. Last year, the top 15 hedge fund managers collectively earned about $12.4 billion, an average of about 827 million each. In one year. That’s large.

    A hedge fund’s mission is to navigate risk and make money for clients. They get to live large when they do that effectively, and are meant to suffer the financial consequences when they don’t. Some hedge funds even specialize in profiting off the existential mistakes of others, and typically insist on enforcing survival-of-the-fittest rules to get paid — even if it’s a distressed territory like Puerto Rico, for example. It’s only fair that hedgies should hold themselves to the same standard and man-up under duress.

    Consider me old-fashioned, but I think “small businesses” are the relatively modest retail, manufacturing, mining and service enterprises spread around the country. They are run by people like Mike Guerriro, a gelati vendor I recently profiled. Mike hasn’t taken home $827 million from his business in any year, ever. You can argue that a gelati vendor isn’t as important to the economy as a hedge fund and is thus less worth bailing out, but that’s a separate and subjective rabbit hole. At least one counterargument is that a vendor may get permanently sidelined by the corona-crisis, while a hedgie, if he or she has been smart, has already saved years’ worth of survival money and can bounce back more readily after things settle down.

    In that context, it might have been useful for legislators to move beyond headcount when defining eligibility for a small business bailout. Being “vulnerable” is just as important as being “small,” and right now some businesses are more vulnerable than others.

    Hedgies who think I’m being too strict can find solace in the tax code. More than 80% of the benefits of a tax reform legislators embedded in the CARES Act will reportedly go to those who earn more than $1 million annually on “pass-through” income — making hedge fund investors and real estate developers like President Donald Trump prime beneficiaries.

    You can find the entire article on Bloomberg News.

    Reply

    However…

    Hedge funds have “large” fortunes tucked inside their “small” businesses. An average portfolio manager at a hedge fund may make about 1.4 million a year. Last year, the top 15 hedge fund managers collectively earned about $12.4 billion, an average of about 827 million each. In one year. That’s large.

    A hedge fund’s mission is to navigate risk and make money for clients. They get to live large when they do that effectively, and are meant to suffer the financial consequences when they don’t. Some hedge funds even specialize in profiting off the existential mistakes of others, and typically insist on enforcing survival-of-the-fittest rules to get paid — even if it’s a distressed territory like Puerto Rico, for example. It’s only fair that hedgies should hold themselves to the same standard and man-up under duress.

    Consider me old-fashioned, but I think “small businesses” are the relatively modest retail, manufacturing, mining and service enterprises spread around the country. They are run by people like Mike Guerriro, a gelati vendor I recently profiled. Mike hasn’t taken home $827 million from his business in any year, ever. You can argue that a gelati vendor isn’t as important to the economy as a hedge fund and is thus less worth bailing out, but that’s a separate and subjective rabbit hole. At least one counterargument is that a vendor may get permanently sidelined by the corona-crisis, while a hedgie, if he or she has been smart, has already saved years’ worth of survival money and can bounce back more readily after things settle down.

    In that context, it might have been useful for legislators to move beyond headcount when defining eligibility for a small business bailout. Being “vulnerable” is just as important as being “small,” and right now some businesses are more vulnerable than others.

    Hedgies who think I’m being too strict can find solace in the tax code. More than 80% of the benefits of a tax reform legislators embedded in the CARES Act will reportedly go to those who earn more than $1 million annually on “pass-through” income — making hedge fund investors and real estate developers like President Donald Trump prime beneficiaries.

    You can find the entire article on Bloomberg News.

    All Forums | Politics
    «First Previous 848586 ... 152153154 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 451,400
    • Tuesday 09/29/2026 628
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,209
    • Eagles vs Bears in-game live MNF 2,844
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,014
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 102,478
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 4,590
    • PART DEUX 300
    • PART DEUX 132
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 28,748

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.