• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Politics

    The Trump Bonuses...........

    «First Previous 678 ... 789 Next Last»
    SarasotaSlim
    Midnight1
    sundance
    wallstreetcappers
    I_Need_A_Detox
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 7555
    Posts: 202
    «First Previous 678 ... 789 Next Last»
     
    SarasotaSlim
    SarasotaSlim
    Covers Rehab
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 35524
    Posted: Feb. 14, 2018 - 11:17 AM ET #126

    Congressman Todd Rokita, R-Ind., will introduce legislation that helps Americans keep more of the bonuses they receive by making them tax-free. 

    The legislation, “Creating Relief and Useful Middle-Class Benefits and Savings”—known as the CRUMBS Act.....

    "The CRUMBS Act will let Americans keep more of the money they receive as a result of President Trump's tax reform, and allow them, not the government, to choose how best to spend their bonuses.”

    The CRUMBS Act would make bonuses up to $2,500 tax-free.

    Reply

    Congressman Todd Rokita, R-Ind., will introduce legislation that helps Americans keep more of the bonuses they receive by making them tax-free. 

    The legislation, “Creating Relief and Useful Middle-Class Benefits and Savings”—known as the CRUMBS Act.....

    "The CRUMBS Act will let Americans keep more of the money they receive as a result of President Trump's tax reform, and allow them, not the government, to choose how best to spend their bonuses.”

    The CRUMBS Act would make bonuses up to $2,500 tax-free.

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25535
    Posted: Feb. 14, 2018 - 12:40 PM ET #127

    Remington Outdoor Company, the nation's oldest gun maker, has filed for bankruptcy.

    Amazon announced laying off hundreds of people including at their home office in Seattle.

    CNN is laying off people in their digital division.

    Oracle will be announcing world-wide layoffs in March.

    Barnes & Noble will be laying off people in all of their 632 stores due to declining sales.

    IBM will be laying off 10,000 people in their Global Technology Services Division & will redeploy thousands more into cloud services & security as they continue to dissolve legacy systems along with those skill sets.

    Sanofi Genzyme, Massachusetts largest science employer, will lay off hundreds due to a recent merger.

    Turner TV Networks continue to layoff sales personnel in an attempt to reduce their cost structure.

    JC Penny has announced layoffs in addition to closing their distribution & customer care center in Wauwatosa,WI. The closing will impact 670 people in this small town. 

    Jackson Life Insurance is closing its Denver Tech Center after 20 years affecting 450 employees.

    Meredith, parent owner of Time, is closing their center in Tampa affecting 500 employees.

    The Crumb Act isn't going to help these Americans.
    Reply
    Remington Outdoor Company, the nation's oldest gun maker, has filed for bankruptcy.

    Amazon announced laying off hundreds of people including at their home office in Seattle.

    CNN is laying off people in their digital division.

    Oracle will be announcing world-wide layoffs in March.

    Barnes & Noble will be laying off people in all of their 632 stores due to declining sales.

    IBM will be laying off 10,000 people in their Global Technology Services Division & will redeploy thousands more into cloud services & security as they continue to dissolve legacy systems along with those skill sets.

    Sanofi Genzyme, Massachusetts largest science employer, will lay off hundreds due to a recent merger.

    Turner TV Networks continue to layoff sales personnel in an attempt to reduce their cost structure.

    JC Penny has announced layoffs in addition to closing their distribution & customer care center in Wauwatosa,WI. The closing will impact 670 people in this small town. 

    Jackson Life Insurance is closing its Denver Tech Center after 20 years affecting 450 employees.

    Meredith, parent owner of Time, is closing their center in Tampa affecting 500 employees.

    The Crumb Act isn't going to help these Americans.
     
    SarasotaSlim
    SarasotaSlim
    Covers Rehab
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 35524
    Posted: Feb. 14, 2018 - 1:03 PM ET #128

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:



    The Crumb Act isn't going to help these Americans.


    This may be true ,,but If, companies are struggling and not profitable e.g. Barnes and Noble,JCPenny etc. You trim down to survive..downsize to stay alive and make reductions in the work force...

    Lay-off here and hire there....reconstruct the business to make a profit..Technology improvements are driving higher efficiencies..and to keep up... companies are adjusting their workforce to align with demand...

    On the bright side................

    The number of Americans who are receiving tax reform bonuses. So far 346 companies have given workers bonuses, raises, or 401(k) hikes thanks to tax reform, affecting more than 3,500,000 Americans.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:



    The Crumb Act isn't going to help these Americans.


    This may be true ,,but If, companies are struggling and not profitable e.g. Barnes and Noble,JCPenny etc. You trim down to survive..downsize to stay alive and make reductions in the work force...

    Lay-off here and hire there....reconstruct the business to make a profit..Technology improvements are driving higher efficiencies..and to keep up... companies are adjusting their workforce to align with demand...

    On the bright side................

    The number of Americans who are receiving tax reform bonuses. So far 346 companies have given workers bonuses, raises, or 401(k) hikes thanks to tax reform, affecting more than 3,500,000 Americans.
     
    sundance
    sundance
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2002
    Posts: 16798
    Posted: Feb. 14, 2018 - 2:11 PM ET #129

    My question is how many 'crumbs" would any hard working American  have received from a Clinton led administration? The answer is easy. Nobody. There is legitimate hope and change happening now. How anybody can support the Dems is beyond me. What does the Left  offer? The answer is the same number of 'crumbs' any American would have received under Clinton. A big fat nothing.
    Reply
    My question is how many 'crumbs" would any hard working American  have received from a Clinton led administration? The answer is easy. Nobody. There is legitimate hope and change happening now. How anybody can support the Dems is beyond me. What does the Left  offer? The answer is the same number of 'crumbs' any American would have received under Clinton. A big fat nothing.
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Feb. 14, 2018 - 2:40 PM ET #130

    I am glad that Clinton didnt give the treasury to corps so they can hand out a TINY percentage of their windfall to the plebans, because Trump in his moronic wisdom will likely end up causing the crash and halt of our economy with his idiotic debt laden tax freebies for corps.

    I wonder what percentage of the real cost went to the worker...the real costs means that because he GAVE corps a tax holiday, those lost DUE revenues come with a cost...just like giving a discount at the grocery store on some item...that cost will be borne by debt and by reduction in benefits to those who need it the most. So I am curious what "bonus" percentage went to the little peon worker compared to the COST for these decisions. I would wager to say less than 10% of what the taxpayer will foot for Trumps atrocious choices went back to the worker.

    Thats making America great for sure.

    Reply

    I am glad that Clinton didnt give the treasury to corps so they can hand out a TINY percentage of their windfall to the plebans, because Trump in his moronic wisdom will likely end up causing the crash and halt of our economy with his idiotic debt laden tax freebies for corps.

    I wonder what percentage of the real cost went to the worker...the real costs means that because he GAVE corps a tax holiday, those lost DUE revenues come with a cost...just like giving a discount at the grocery store on some item...that cost will be borne by debt and by reduction in benefits to those who need it the most. So I am curious what "bonus" percentage went to the little peon worker compared to the COST for these decisions. I would wager to say less than 10% of what the taxpayer will foot for Trumps atrocious choices went back to the worker.

    Thats making America great for sure.

     
    sundance
    sundance
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2002
    Posts: 16798
    Posted: Feb. 14, 2018 - 2:58 PM ET #131

    Why is it 'wrong' in the minds of the Left that I should not receive more of my own, hard earned  money?  My earned money. Not theirs. I can not follow nor understand the logic.
    Reply
    Why is it 'wrong' in the minds of the Left that I should not receive more of my own, hard earned  money?  My earned money. Not theirs. I can not follow nor understand the logic.
     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Feb. 14, 2018 - 3:49 PM ET #132

    Wall, what do you think about January’s surplus? 




    Reply
    Wall, what do you think about January’s surplus? 




     
    KeyElement
    KeyElement
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 23750
    Posted: Feb. 14, 2018 - 3:53 PM ET #133

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

    Wall, what do you think about January’s surplus?
    I can't speak for wall, but if you keep and post a spreadsheet for the next three years I will promise to pay attention.

    bigsmile 

    Now and then even a BLIND squirrel can find an acorn
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

    Wall, what do you think about January’s surplus?
    I can't speak for wall, but if you keep and post a spreadsheet for the next three years I will promise to pay attention.

    bigsmile 

     
    darkhorse12
    darkhorse12
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2004
    Posts: 10739
    Posted: Feb. 14, 2018 - 3:56 PM ET #134

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

    Wall, what do you think about January’s surplus? 





    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-economy-budget/u-s-government-posts-49-billion-surplus-in-january-idUSKBN1FW286

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

    Wall, what do you think about January’s surplus? 





    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-economy-budget/u-s-government-posts-49-billion-surplus-in-january-idUSKBN1FW286

     
    BWS77
    BWS77
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 35351
    Posted: Feb. 14, 2018 - 4:07 PM ET #135

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    Remington Outdoor Company, the nation's oldest gun maker, has filed for bankruptcy.

    Amazon announced laying off hundreds of people including at their home office in Seattle.

    CNN is laying off people in their digital division.

    Oracle will be announcing world-wide layoffs in March.

    Barnes & Noble will be laying off people in all of their 632 stores due to declining sales.

    IBM will be laying off 10,000 people in their Global Technology Services Division & will redeploy thousands more into cloud services & security as they continue to dissolve legacy systems along with those skill sets.

    Sanofi Genzyme, Massachusetts largest science employer, will lay off hundreds due to a recent merger.

    Turner TV Networks continue to layoff sales personnel in an attempt to reduce their cost structure.

    JC Penny has announced layoffs in addition to closing their distribution & customer care center in Wauwatosa,WI. The closing will impact 670 people in this small town. 

    Jackson Life Insurance is closing its Denver Tech Center after 20 years affecting 450 employees.

    Meredith, parent owner of Time, is closing their center in Tampa affecting 500 employees.

    The Crumb Act isn't going to help these Americans.

    Toys R Us shutting 180+ stores in North America
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    Remington Outdoor Company, the nation's oldest gun maker, has filed for bankruptcy.

    Amazon announced laying off hundreds of people including at their home office in Seattle.

    CNN is laying off people in their digital division.

    Oracle will be announcing world-wide layoffs in March.

    Barnes & Noble will be laying off people in all of their 632 stores due to declining sales.

    IBM will be laying off 10,000 people in their Global Technology Services Division & will redeploy thousands more into cloud services & security as they continue to dissolve legacy systems along with those skill sets.

    Sanofi Genzyme, Massachusetts largest science employer, will lay off hundreds due to a recent merger.

    Turner TV Networks continue to layoff sales personnel in an attempt to reduce their cost structure.

    JC Penny has announced layoffs in addition to closing their distribution & customer care center in Wauwatosa,WI. The closing will impact 670 people in this small town. 

    Jackson Life Insurance is closing its Denver Tech Center after 20 years affecting 450 employees.

    Meredith, parent owner of Time, is closing their center in Tampa affecting 500 employees.

    The Crumb Act isn't going to help these Americans.

    Toys R Us shutting 180+ stores in North America
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Feb. 14, 2018 - 4:17 PM ET #136

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

    Wall, what do you think about January’s surplus?
     

     

    Oh a "surplus" is that why we just passed a near 2 trillion dollar budget deficit? Yeah when you GIVE corps a freebie, there are still taxes that come in.

    Here is the reality....say I owe the IRS 1000 for unpaid taxes, I owed it legit fair and square but I get a lawyer and I pay some lobbyist to grease the wheels to the IRS agent and he ends up letting me off the debt for 400....so I pay the 400. Well to the IRS that 400 is a surplus because these slimeball corps were not paying their tab, so when they got to have a half off sale they brought money back and paid the reduced TAXES on it...

    Also, the corp freebies are front loaded...that means the benefit is NOW...the cost is later...so as posted above, keep your eye on the ball longer than a month, more like 5 yrs and see how that "surplus" is working out.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

    Wall, what do you think about January’s surplus?
     

     

    Oh a "surplus" is that why we just passed a near 2 trillion dollar budget deficit? Yeah when you GIVE corps a freebie, there are still taxes that come in.

    Here is the reality....say I owe the IRS 1000 for unpaid taxes, I owed it legit fair and square but I get a lawyer and I pay some lobbyist to grease the wheels to the IRS agent and he ends up letting me off the debt for 400....so I pay the 400. Well to the IRS that 400 is a surplus because these slimeball corps were not paying their tab, so when they got to have a half off sale they brought money back and paid the reduced TAXES on it...

    Also, the corp freebies are front loaded...that means the benefit is NOW...the cost is later...so as posted above, keep your eye on the ball longer than a month, more like 5 yrs and see how that "surplus" is working out.

     
    SarasotaSlim
    SarasotaSlim
    Covers Rehab
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 35524
    Posted: Feb. 14, 2018 - 5:32 PM ET #137

    Quote Originally Posted by BWS77:


    Toys R Us shutting 180+ stores in North America


    The company's lawyers said the decision to shut so many stores was prompted by increased competition and a shift by customers toward online shopping........

    Toys R Us has been losing Billions for years ....and reeling under $5 billion in debt.

    The kids I see today are playing with touchscreen computers not traditional toys..
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by BWS77:


    Toys R Us shutting 180+ stores in North America


    The company's lawyers said the decision to shut so many stores was prompted by increased competition and a shift by customers toward online shopping........

    Toys R Us has been losing Billions for years ....and reeling under $5 billion in debt.

    The kids I see today are playing with touchscreen computers not traditional toys..
     
    SarasotaSlim
    SarasotaSlim
    Covers Rehab
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 35524
    Posted: Feb. 15, 2018 - 5:23 PM ET #138

    More crumbs ..

    This time it's cookie crumbs......from a small business..

    Joseph Semprevivo president and CEO of Joseph’s Lite Cookies in Florida runs a family-owned, sugar-free cookie business. They bake more than 12 million sugar-free cookies a day, in addition to supplying other diabetic-friendly products.

     Semprevivo's workers stand to directly benefit from the Trump  tax overhaul.... " Because lower rates and increased deductions leave me with more resources to expand business operations and reward hardworking staffers."

    "Because of the tax bill, I’m purchasing new computer systems and creating new product packaging for international expansion. More importantly, I’m giving raises to four key employees — half of our workforce — which range from just over $3,000 to nearly $4,200. My top employees have earned greater financial security, and the Republican tax package made it a reality for them.

    "Because of President Trump’s commitment to lowering rates and increasing deductions, we are now experiencing the largest tax-induced investment revolution ever."

    $4,200...those are some big cookie crumbs..
    Reply
    More crumbs ..

    This time it's cookie crumbs......from a small business..

    Joseph Semprevivo president and CEO of Joseph’s Lite Cookies in Florida runs a family-owned, sugar-free cookie business. They bake more than 12 million sugar-free cookies a day, in addition to supplying other diabetic-friendly products.

     Semprevivo's workers stand to directly benefit from the Trump  tax overhaul.... " Because lower rates and increased deductions leave me with more resources to expand business operations and reward hardworking staffers."

    "Because of the tax bill, I’m purchasing new computer systems and creating new product packaging for international expansion. More importantly, I’m giving raises to four key employees — half of our workforce — which range from just over $3,000 to nearly $4,200. My top employees have earned greater financial security, and the Republican tax package made it a reality for them.

    "Because of President Trump’s commitment to lowering rates and increasing deductions, we are now experiencing the largest tax-induced investment revolution ever."

    $4,200...those are some big cookie crumbs..
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Feb. 15, 2018 - 6:40 PM ET #139

    Funny part is those employees and their kids and neighbors are the ones paying for those cookie crumbs via debt service and reduction in social benefits/deferment of projects etc.

     

    an_laugh

     

     

    Reply

    Funny part is those employees and their kids and neighbors are the ones paying for those cookie crumbs via debt service and reduction in social benefits/deferment of projects etc.

     

    an_laugh

     

     

     
    165yds
    165yds
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 18777
    Posted: Feb. 15, 2018 - 7:02 PM ET #140

    Amazing thread Slim.  A lot of the big corps are giving out 2 dollar raises per hour and when your're making 9 an hour that is huge.  That's a big deal nobody seems to be talking about in the media.
    Reply
    Amazing thread Slim.  A lot of the big corps are giving out 2 dollar raises per hour and when your're making 9 an hour that is huge.  That's a big deal nobody seems to be talking about in the media.
     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34385
    Posted: Feb. 15, 2018 - 7:40 PM ET #141

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

     

     

    Here is the reality....say I owe the IRS 1000 for unpaid taxes, I owed it legit fair and square but I get a lawyer and I pay some lobbyist to grease the wheels to the IRS agent and he ends up letting me off the debt for 400....so I pay the 400. Well to the IRS that 400 is a surplus because these slimeball corps were not paying their tab, so when they got to have a half off sale they brought money back and paid the reduced TAXES on it...

    This is not the reality at all.  I don't think you chose a good comparison  What exactly are you referring to here?  The repatriated monies?  This is not illegal.  Not paying money you 'legit fair and square' owe is.  You can work overseas and not have to pay taxes.  Same thing with companies that are earning overseas.  That is the whole point --- to get the companies to bring their offshore money back here.  
    Or are you going on about something else altogether?  If you owe 1000 on unpaid taxes and work out a reduced plan --- nothing illegal about that either.  It may not be fair, but lots of folks do it --- that way the government gets something of what they are owed 'legit fair and square'.   But if it is not owed 'legit fair and square' --- what is the issue.  If we don't like it, the we should change the laws that allow this. 
    Completely two different issues.  Unless you are talking about something else in the thread I didn't read?  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

     

     

    Here is the reality....say I owe the IRS 1000 for unpaid taxes, I owed it legit fair and square but I get a lawyer and I pay some lobbyist to grease the wheels to the IRS agent and he ends up letting me off the debt for 400....so I pay the 400. Well to the IRS that 400 is a surplus because these slimeball corps were not paying their tab, so when they got to have a half off sale they brought money back and paid the reduced TAXES on it...

    This is not the reality at all.  I don't think you chose a good comparison  What exactly are you referring to here?  The repatriated monies?  This is not illegal.  Not paying money you 'legit fair and square' owe is.  You can work overseas and not have to pay taxes.  Same thing with companies that are earning overseas.  That is the whole point --- to get the companies to bring their offshore money back here.  
    Or are you going on about something else altogether?  If you owe 1000 on unpaid taxes and work out a reduced plan --- nothing illegal about that either.  It may not be fair, but lots of folks do it --- that way the government gets something of what they are owed 'legit fair and square'.   But if it is not owed 'legit fair and square' --- what is the issue.  If we don't like it, the we should change the laws that allow this. 
    Completely two different issues.  Unless you are talking about something else in the thread I didn't read?  
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Feb. 15, 2018 - 7:47 PM ET #142

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders22:

    QUOTE Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:     Here is the reality....say I owe the IRS 1000 for unpaid taxes, I owed it legit fair and square but I get a lawyer and I pay some lobbyist to grease the wheels to the IRS agent and he ends up letting me off the debt for 400....so I pay the 400. Well to the IRS that 400 is a surplus because these slimeball corps were not paying their tab, so when they got to have a half off sale they brought money back and paid the reduced TAXES on it... This is not the reality at all.  I don't think you chose a good comparison  What exactly are you referring to here?  The repatriated monies?  This is not illegal.  Not paying money you 'legit fair and square' owe is.  You can work overseas and not have to pay taxes.  Same thing with companies that are earning overseas.  That is the whole point --- to get the companies to bring their offshore money back here.  Or are you going on about something else altogether?  If you owe 1000 on unpaid taxes and work out a reduced plan --- nothing illegal about that either.  It may not be fair, but lots of folks do it --- that way the government gets something of what they are owed 'legit fair and square'.   But if it is not owed 'legit fair and square' --- what is the issue.  If we don't like it, the we should change the laws that allow this. Completely two different issues.  Unless you are talking about something else in the thread I didn't read?

     

    There are TWO and actually several issues at play here....so try and keep up and focus your nit picking so you look better informed on the conversation.

    The two issues are the corp freebies via Trump and the front loaded plan...we are eating the steak now and paying for it in 5-10 yrs. So my point above was on the other issue...but the issue I stated about SS and his silly bonus posts is that those bonuses are paid for off the back of debt and reduction in programs and services which come when debt service increases. Trumps plan is not budget positive at all, and if rates keep going up the cost of this plan goes up and up and up mid and long term.

    The issue you quoted was earlier where I addressed a comment about the surplus in tax reciepts. We allowed the money to come back at reduced rates...and yes what I said addresses that topic. The IRS cannot count as revenue offshored cash that has tax due but has not been paid due to loopholes of offshoring, so when I owe 1000 and I pay lobbyists and lawyers to get me a deal reducing the owed total to 400, yeah that 400 is money received but it is less than what I owe...and when corps get freebies like a tax holiday who ends up paying for it? You know the answer.

    Thanks for stopping in to try and pick a fight, you are very good at saying nothing until you can try and criticize something you misunderstand that I post.

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders22:

    QUOTE Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:     Here is the reality....say I owe the IRS 1000 for unpaid taxes, I owed it legit fair and square but I get a lawyer and I pay some lobbyist to grease the wheels to the IRS agent and he ends up letting me off the debt for 400....so I pay the 400. Well to the IRS that 400 is a surplus because these slimeball corps were not paying their tab, so when they got to have a half off sale they brought money back and paid the reduced TAXES on it... This is not the reality at all.  I don't think you chose a good comparison  What exactly are you referring to here?  The repatriated monies?  This is not illegal.  Not paying money you 'legit fair and square' owe is.  You can work overseas and not have to pay taxes.  Same thing with companies that are earning overseas.  That is the whole point --- to get the companies to bring their offshore money back here.  Or are you going on about something else altogether?  If you owe 1000 on unpaid taxes and work out a reduced plan --- nothing illegal about that either.  It may not be fair, but lots of folks do it --- that way the government gets something of what they are owed 'legit fair and square'.   But if it is not owed 'legit fair and square' --- what is the issue.  If we don't like it, the we should change the laws that allow this. Completely two different issues.  Unless you are talking about something else in the thread I didn't read?

     

    There are TWO and actually several issues at play here....so try and keep up and focus your nit picking so you look better informed on the conversation.

    The two issues are the corp freebies via Trump and the front loaded plan...we are eating the steak now and paying for it in 5-10 yrs. So my point above was on the other issue...but the issue I stated about SS and his silly bonus posts is that those bonuses are paid for off the back of debt and reduction in programs and services which come when debt service increases. Trumps plan is not budget positive at all, and if rates keep going up the cost of this plan goes up and up and up mid and long term.

    The issue you quoted was earlier where I addressed a comment about the surplus in tax reciepts. We allowed the money to come back at reduced rates...and yes what I said addresses that topic. The IRS cannot count as revenue offshored cash that has tax due but has not been paid due to loopholes of offshoring, so when I owe 1000 and I pay lobbyists and lawyers to get me a deal reducing the owed total to 400, yeah that 400 is money received but it is less than what I owe...and when corps get freebies like a tax holiday who ends up paying for it? You know the answer.

    Thanks for stopping in to try and pick a fight, you are very good at saying nothing until you can try and criticize something you misunderstand that I post.

     

     
    SarasotaSlim
    SarasotaSlim
    Covers Rehab
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 35524
    Posted: Feb. 15, 2018 - 8:58 PM ET #143

    Quote Originally Posted by 165yds:

    Amazing thread Slim.  A lot of the big corps are giving out 2 dollar raises per hour and when your're making 9 an hour that is huge.  That's a big deal nobody seems to be talking about in the media.


    That's right 165yrds....it is huge and the Trump tax cuts are whole lot more than the $400 Stimulus tax cut = 33.33 a month --the average individual taxpayer received in 2009 ..one other thing..have you noticed that one side is nit-picking,, while the other side is only complaining ?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by 165yds:

    Amazing thread Slim.  A lot of the big corps are giving out 2 dollar raises per hour and when your're making 9 an hour that is huge.  That's a big deal nobody seems to be talking about in the media.


    That's right 165yrds....it is huge and the Trump tax cuts are whole lot more than the $400 Stimulus tax cut = 33.33 a month --the average individual taxpayer received in 2009 ..one other thing..have you noticed that one side is nit-picking,, while the other side is only complaining ?
     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34385
    Posted: Feb. 15, 2018 - 9:10 PM ET #144

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

     

    There are TWO and actually several issues at play here....so try and keep up and focus your nit picking so you look better informed on the conversation.

    The two issues are the corp freebies via Trump and the front loaded plan...we are eating the steak now and paying for it in 5-10 yrs. So my point above was on the other issue...but the issue I stated about SS and his silly bonus posts is that those bonuses are paid for off the back of debt and reduction in programs and services which come when debt service increases. Trumps plan is not budget positive at all, and if rates keep going up the cost of this plan goes up and up and up mid and long term.

    The issue you quoted was earlier where I addressed a comment about the surplus in tax reciepts. We allowed the money to come back at reduced rates...and yes what I said addresses that topic. The IRS cannot count as revenue offshored cash that has tax due but has not been paid due to loopholes of offshoring, so when I owe 1000 and I pay lobbyists and lawyers to get me a deal reducing the owed total to 400, yeah that 400 is money received but it is less than what I owe...and when corps get freebies like a tax holiday who ends up paying for it? You know the answer.

    Thanks for stopping in to try and pick a fight, you are very good at saying nothing until you can try and criticize something you misunderstand that I post.

     

    You would rather the money not come back at all?  I'm not sure you understand at all how this works.  It seems you have your mind made up just because you hate large companies and Trump.  You have to be rational about it I think.  In the long run, you don't feel this is good? Obviously, in the short term it is --- hard to dispute that.  But how do you think it is bad longterm?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

     

    There are TWO and actually several issues at play here....so try and keep up and focus your nit picking so you look better informed on the conversation.

    The two issues are the corp freebies via Trump and the front loaded plan...we are eating the steak now and paying for it in 5-10 yrs. So my point above was on the other issue...but the issue I stated about SS and his silly bonus posts is that those bonuses are paid for off the back of debt and reduction in programs and services which come when debt service increases. Trumps plan is not budget positive at all, and if rates keep going up the cost of this plan goes up and up and up mid and long term.

    The issue you quoted was earlier where I addressed a comment about the surplus in tax reciepts. We allowed the money to come back at reduced rates...and yes what I said addresses that topic. The IRS cannot count as revenue offshored cash that has tax due but has not been paid due to loopholes of offshoring, so when I owe 1000 and I pay lobbyists and lawyers to get me a deal reducing the owed total to 400, yeah that 400 is money received but it is less than what I owe...and when corps get freebies like a tax holiday who ends up paying for it? You know the answer.

    Thanks for stopping in to try and pick a fight, you are very good at saying nothing until you can try and criticize something you misunderstand that I post.

     

    You would rather the money not come back at all?  I'm not sure you understand at all how this works.  It seems you have your mind made up just because you hate large companies and Trump.  You have to be rational about it I think.  In the long run, you don't feel this is good? Obviously, in the short term it is --- hard to dispute that.  But how do you think it is bad longterm?
     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34385
    Posted: Feb. 15, 2018 - 9:15 PM ET #145

    And if you think people are nitpicking you or just picking a fight, maybe that explains why you can't discuses things without getting defensive.  And if you cannot explain your viewpoint well enough, then work on that.  I realize you are not an expect in this particular field.  But it still is good to try to explain your exact issue without generalities.  Then maybe there could be a discussion of substance instead of the usual bashing of anyone's views that you disagree with --- which this forum seems to have devolved into. 
    The whole reason corporations --- and individuals --- do this is because of the tremendous tax burdens put on them. So, why would it not make sense to lessen them and encourage some of it to flow back to here?
    Reply
    And if you think people are nitpicking you or just picking a fight, maybe that explains why you can't discuses things without getting defensive.  And if you cannot explain your viewpoint well enough, then work on that.  I realize you are not an expect in this particular field.  But it still is good to try to explain your exact issue without generalities.  Then maybe there could be a discussion of substance instead of the usual bashing of anyone's views that you disagree with --- which this forum seems to have devolved into. 
    The whole reason corporations --- and individuals --- do this is because of the tremendous tax burdens put on them. So, why would it not make sense to lessen them and encourage some of it to flow back to here?
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Feb. 15, 2018 - 9:24 PM ET #146

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders22:

    QUOTE Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:   There are TWO and actually several issues at play here....so try and keep up and focus your nit picking so you look better informed on the conversation. The two issues are the corp freebies via Trump and the front loaded plan...we are eating the steak now and paying for it in 5-10 yrs. So my point above was on the other issue...but the issue I stated about SS and his silly bonus posts is that those bonuses are paid for off the back of debt and reduction in programs and services which come when debt service increases. Trumps plan is not budget positive at all, and if rates keep going up the cost of this plan goes up and up and up mid and long term. The issue you quoted was earlier where I addressed a comment about the surplus in tax reciepts. We allowed the money to come back at reduced rates...and yes what I said addresses that topic. The IRS cannot count as revenue offshored cash that has tax due but has not been paid due to loopholes of offshoring, so when I owe 1000 and I pay lobbyists and lawyers to get me a deal reducing the owed total to 400, yeah that 400 is money received but it is less than what I owe...and when corps get freebies like a tax holiday who ends up paying for it? You know the answer. Thanks for stopping in to try and pick a fight, you are very good at saying nothing until you can try and criticize something you misunderstand that I post.   You would rather the money not come back at all?  I'm not sure you understand at all how this works.  It seems you have your mind made up just because you hate large companies and Trump.  You have to be rational about it I think.  In the long run, you don't feel this is good? Obviously, in the short term it is --- hard to dispute that.  But how do you think it is bad longterm?

     

    Oh you cannot be serious with this. How can this be bad long term? Is that really what you asked? And you say I do not understand the concept?

     

    These decisions are budget negative..they are positive in the front and severely backloaded, so how can that be positive?

    I asked the question earlier in the thread and I guess you missed it...how odd is that? I asked what percent of the freebies corps are getting are being returned to the worker? So the cost of these freebies are X and what percent of that is being given to the worker in the way of these media mongering bonuses and back slapping raises? I ventured to suggest 10% might be a high number....yet in reverse these are documented as budget negative, that is a fact even optimistic forecasters know. So who pays for these budget negative freebies? Is it corps with their lawyers, tax accountants, lobbyists or the little guy who is working 3 jobs and barely able to keep track of their finances let alone spend the time knowing these decisions are killing them?

    I dont claim to know all things, or maybe even many things...but finance is something I know a bit about so your suggestion of me not knowing how this works or if this is positive is kind of funny. A short term zip and a long term pain are not what I consider positive. I think the whole concept was a mistake, it was an appeasement done to reward corps and the wealthy which is what Trump has shown is his focus over and over and over.

    You are right, I think Trump is a dope...I agree with you there. I am not against corps..unless corps are taking advantage and abusing, then I am.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders22:

    QUOTE Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:   There are TWO and actually several issues at play here....so try and keep up and focus your nit picking so you look better informed on the conversation. The two issues are the corp freebies via Trump and the front loaded plan...we are eating the steak now and paying for it in 5-10 yrs. So my point above was on the other issue...but the issue I stated about SS and his silly bonus posts is that those bonuses are paid for off the back of debt and reduction in programs and services which come when debt service increases. Trumps plan is not budget positive at all, and if rates keep going up the cost of this plan goes up and up and up mid and long term. The issue you quoted was earlier where I addressed a comment about the surplus in tax reciepts. We allowed the money to come back at reduced rates...and yes what I said addresses that topic. The IRS cannot count as revenue offshored cash that has tax due but has not been paid due to loopholes of offshoring, so when I owe 1000 and I pay lobbyists and lawyers to get me a deal reducing the owed total to 400, yeah that 400 is money received but it is less than what I owe...and when corps get freebies like a tax holiday who ends up paying for it? You know the answer. Thanks for stopping in to try and pick a fight, you are very good at saying nothing until you can try and criticize something you misunderstand that I post.   You would rather the money not come back at all?  I'm not sure you understand at all how this works.  It seems you have your mind made up just because you hate large companies and Trump.  You have to be rational about it I think.  In the long run, you don't feel this is good? Obviously, in the short term it is --- hard to dispute that.  But how do you think it is bad longterm?

     

    Oh you cannot be serious with this. How can this be bad long term? Is that really what you asked? And you say I do not understand the concept?

     

    These decisions are budget negative..they are positive in the front and severely backloaded, so how can that be positive?

    I asked the question earlier in the thread and I guess you missed it...how odd is that? I asked what percent of the freebies corps are getting are being returned to the worker? So the cost of these freebies are X and what percent of that is being given to the worker in the way of these media mongering bonuses and back slapping raises? I ventured to suggest 10% might be a high number....yet in reverse these are documented as budget negative, that is a fact even optimistic forecasters know. So who pays for these budget negative freebies? Is it corps with their lawyers, tax accountants, lobbyists or the little guy who is working 3 jobs and barely able to keep track of their finances let alone spend the time knowing these decisions are killing them?

    I dont claim to know all things, or maybe even many things...but finance is something I know a bit about so your suggestion of me not knowing how this works or if this is positive is kind of funny. A short term zip and a long term pain are not what I consider positive. I think the whole concept was a mistake, it was an appeasement done to reward corps and the wealthy which is what Trump has shown is his focus over and over and over.

    You are right, I think Trump is a dope...I agree with you there. I am not against corps..unless corps are taking advantage and abusing, then I am.

     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34385
    Posted: Feb. 15, 2018 - 9:35 PM ET #147

    What corporations exactly are you for?  Never heard you say. 
    You haven't answered whether you think it is best for the money to have stayed offshore or not?  If so, why?
    Not sure how you see it as a 'freebie' either.  Not exactly technical. 
    Reply
    What corporations exactly are you for?  Never heard you say. 
    You haven't answered whether you think it is best for the money to have stayed offshore or not?  If so, why?
    Not sure how you see it as a 'freebie' either.  Not exactly technical. 
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Feb. 16, 2018 - 12:08 PM ET #148

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders22:

    What corporations exactly are you for?  Never heard you say. You haven't answered whether you think it is best for the money to have stayed offshore or not?  If so, why?Not sure how you see it as a 'freebie' either.  Not exactly technical.

    So more nitpicking...pick pick pick...thats fine, you are good at it.

    What does it matter what corps I am for? Maybe I am against all, maybe I like 5 maybe I like 10 who cares? The issues I have with corps is well known and stated that due to money and power they get away with abusing the employee and the system and I take issue with that and it has nothing to do with LIKING some corporation or not.

    Money being offshore...great one there. Yeah I would rather keep letting corps cheat the tax code when the IRS will throw people in jail or seize their property for tax evasion, yeah that might be the issue. Corps holding offshore cash to avoid taxation is theft, straight out theft. These corps benefit from having operations and doing business here, the code exists and you pay taxes on profits period. The issue isnt me liking the money being offshore it is the abuses of said corps that are hiding money to avoid taxes. So make an ultimatum to either clean up your tax account or move ALL of your business offshore and be FULLY taxed as a foreign entity like other foreign corps...make it nice and easy. You like existing here, living here, having the technology and freedoms here then pay your taxes.

    Not exactly technical....so what do you call a tax reduction period of time where rates are dropped for the benefit of the corp, a windfall, a freebie, a surplus what do you want to call it? Silly comment. What do you call cutting corporate tax rates and having the individual pick up the tab in the process? Is that called a surplus, a bonus, a windfall, a freebie? What do you call it?

    You are hunting quite poorly today...keep at it you are quite consistent.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders22:

    What corporations exactly are you for?  Never heard you say. You haven't answered whether you think it is best for the money to have stayed offshore or not?  If so, why?Not sure how you see it as a 'freebie' either.  Not exactly technical.

    So more nitpicking...pick pick pick...thats fine, you are good at it.

    What does it matter what corps I am for? Maybe I am against all, maybe I like 5 maybe I like 10 who cares? The issues I have with corps is well known and stated that due to money and power they get away with abusing the employee and the system and I take issue with that and it has nothing to do with LIKING some corporation or not.

    Money being offshore...great one there. Yeah I would rather keep letting corps cheat the tax code when the IRS will throw people in jail or seize their property for tax evasion, yeah that might be the issue. Corps holding offshore cash to avoid taxation is theft, straight out theft. These corps benefit from having operations and doing business here, the code exists and you pay taxes on profits period. The issue isnt me liking the money being offshore it is the abuses of said corps that are hiding money to avoid taxes. So make an ultimatum to either clean up your tax account or move ALL of your business offshore and be FULLY taxed as a foreign entity like other foreign corps...make it nice and easy. You like existing here, living here, having the technology and freedoms here then pay your taxes.

    Not exactly technical....so what do you call a tax reduction period of time where rates are dropped for the benefit of the corp, a windfall, a freebie, a surplus what do you want to call it? Silly comment. What do you call cutting corporate tax rates and having the individual pick up the tab in the process? Is that called a surplus, a bonus, a windfall, a freebie? What do you call it?

    You are hunting quite poorly today...keep at it you are quite consistent.

     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34385
    Posted: Feb. 16, 2018 - 12:33 PM ET #149

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    So more nitpicking...pick pick pick...thats fine, you are good at it.

    What does it matter what corps I am for? Maybe I am against all, maybe I like 5 maybe I like 10 who cares? The issues I have with corps is well known and stated that due to money and power they get away with abusing the employee and the system and I take issue with that and it has nothing to do with LIKING some corporation or not.

    Money being offshore...great one there. Yeah I would rather keep letting corps cheat the tax code when the IRS will throw people in jail or seize their property for tax evasion, yeah that might be the issue. Corps holding offshore cash to avoid taxation is theft, straight out theft. These corps benefit from having operations and doing business here, the code exists and you pay taxes on profits period. The issue isnt me liking the money being offshore it is the abuses of said corps that are hiding money to avoid taxes. So make an ultimatum to either clean up your tax account or move ALL of your business offshore and be FULLY taxed as a foreign entity like other foreign corps...make it nice and easy. You like existing here, living here, having the technology and freedoms here then pay your taxes.

    Not exactly technical....so what do you call a tax reduction period of time where rates are dropped for the benefit of the corp, a windfall, a freebie, a surplus what do you want to call it? Silly comment. What do you call cutting corporate tax rates and having the individual pick up the tab in the process? Is that called a surplus, a bonus, a windfall, a freebie? What do you call it?

    You are hunting quite poorly today...keep at it you are quite consistent.

    You are the one that said you don't have problems with them all.  Either you can list some and why and contrast with the ones you do and why; or you can't.  Fairly simply.  Otherwise it just looks like you are generalizing again with blanket hatred of companies.
    If they are abusing the employee --- why doesn't the employee leave? What abuse?
    They are not hiding money offshore.  It is well-known that it is offshore.  They are doing it to not pay higher taxes here.  It is the same as a person that works overseas.  Its is completely legal.  You make it sound like it is illegal when it is not.
    If you do not like it; then change the law.
    But again, if you lower the rates and make it an incentive to bring the money back here --- how is that bad?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    So more nitpicking...pick pick pick...thats fine, you are good at it.

    What does it matter what corps I am for? Maybe I am against all, maybe I like 5 maybe I like 10 who cares? The issues I have with corps is well known and stated that due to money and power they get away with abusing the employee and the system and I take issue with that and it has nothing to do with LIKING some corporation or not.

    Money being offshore...great one there. Yeah I would rather keep letting corps cheat the tax code when the IRS will throw people in jail or seize their property for tax evasion, yeah that might be the issue. Corps holding offshore cash to avoid taxation is theft, straight out theft. These corps benefit from having operations and doing business here, the code exists and you pay taxes on profits period. The issue isnt me liking the money being offshore it is the abuses of said corps that are hiding money to avoid taxes. So make an ultimatum to either clean up your tax account or move ALL of your business offshore and be FULLY taxed as a foreign entity like other foreign corps...make it nice and easy. You like existing here, living here, having the technology and freedoms here then pay your taxes.

    Not exactly technical....so what do you call a tax reduction period of time where rates are dropped for the benefit of the corp, a windfall, a freebie, a surplus what do you want to call it? Silly comment. What do you call cutting corporate tax rates and having the individual pick up the tab in the process? Is that called a surplus, a bonus, a windfall, a freebie? What do you call it?

    You are hunting quite poorly today...keep at it you are quite consistent.

    You are the one that said you don't have problems with them all.  Either you can list some and why and contrast with the ones you do and why; or you can't.  Fairly simply.  Otherwise it just looks like you are generalizing again with blanket hatred of companies.
    If they are abusing the employee --- why doesn't the employee leave? What abuse?
    They are not hiding money offshore.  It is well-known that it is offshore.  They are doing it to not pay higher taxes here.  It is the same as a person that works overseas.  Its is completely legal.  You make it sound like it is illegal when it is not.
    If you do not like it; then change the law.
    But again, if you lower the rates and make it an incentive to bring the money back here --- how is that bad?
     
     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34385
    Posted: Feb. 16, 2018 - 12:39 PM ET #150

    It is not nitpicking---I do not intend it that way.
    Either you can answer questions about your stances; or you cannot answer them. If you cannot, and just simply do not like companies, that is cool.  Again, you are one of the few that sometimes try to make a decent case.  But you cannot get upset every time someone questions you about something.  I just have the opposite stance is all.  
    In other words, I always try to think of what I would say to convince someone of something.  You are not successful by belittling them and name calling them.
    Reply
    It is not nitpicking---I do not intend it that way.
    Either you can answer questions about your stances; or you cannot answer them. If you cannot, and just simply do not like companies, that is cool.  Again, you are one of the few that sometimes try to make a decent case.  But you cannot get upset every time someone questions you about something.  I just have the opposite stance is all.  
    In other words, I always try to think of what I would say to convince someone of something.  You are not successful by belittling them and name calling them.
    All Forums | Politics
    «First Previous 678 ... 789 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • Claiming Prizes 57,670
    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,250
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,038
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 103,582
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,416
    • MLB Playoffs 5,261
    • **$$$ MD Saturday 10/3 $$$** 7,286
    • **$$$ MD Friday 10/2 $$$** 10,289
    • NCAA WEEK 5 ***Mission Impossible: Fade me and win *** 8,821
    • Play Thur thru Sat 5,010

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.