Generally, economists agree trillions more in government relief are necessary to help US economy recover. One lesson from previous recession is that federal underfunding only slows recovery or extend recession. Eliminating foreign aid would do little to reduce deficits. According to Brookings institution, US aid is roughly 0.2% of GNP which is near the bottom among rich nations. Mostly technical assistance and commodities instead of money. 20% of aid goes to governments while the rest goes to organizations in private sector. Decades of polling show support for foreign aid is bipartisan with majority of Americans in favor. Aid contributes to US national security by supporting allies and advancing US interests by building markets. Aid has produced impressive results in global development. After 30 years, extreme poverty has fallen from 36% to 8% of world population.
Trump to Congress: Rewrite this bill for the American People
Generally, economists agree trillions more in government relief are necessary to help US economy recover. One lesson from previous recession is that federal underfunding only slows recovery or extend recession. Eliminating foreign aid would do little to reduce deficits. According to Brookings institution, US aid is roughly 0.2% of GNP which is near the bottom among rich nations. Mostly technical assistance and commodities instead of money. 20% of aid goes to governments while the rest goes to organizations in private sector. Decades of polling show support for foreign aid is bipartisan with majority of Americans in favor. Aid contributes to US national security by supporting allies and advancing US interests by building markets. Aid has produced impressive results in global development. After 30 years, extreme poverty has fallen from 36% to 8% of world population.
Quote Originally Posted by gambleholic63: Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu: @gambleholic63 I don't think your numbers are correct. I dug deep into this one and couldn't find 700 billion. Frankly, 700 dollars sent outside of the country in wrong in my opinion but there are some misleading data and all out falsehoods being thrown around online. I have been digging as well. The fact that Pelosi and company gave Congress TWO hours to read a 5,500 page bill says it all. This bill should have been ONE PAGE (or a few pages) with relief clearly spelled out to go to those in need. Instead, Pelosi delivered a joke. She mocked and insulted the American people by offering a pittance while she and her cronies attempted to fund a slew of pet projects across the globe. Is that what struggling American workers waited months for? This was supposed to be about helping Americans, but Pelosi clearly has no interest in that. I feel bad for the American People but I personally would not be mad at Trump vetoing this. I would really like to see a stand alone Covid relief Bill for the American people. And while, as I said above, there is misleading and false information out there, it does not negate the fact that there IS foreign spending in the Bill. And there shouldn't be. There IS funding for the Arts. That stuff is important just substantially less so in the current climate. There is certain things in these spending Bills that are necessary to keep the government running but there is a lot of fat in them as well.
Quote Originally Posted by gambleholic63: Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu: @gambleholic63 I don't think your numbers are correct. I dug deep into this one and couldn't find 700 billion. Frankly, 700 dollars sent outside of the country in wrong in my opinion but there are some misleading data and all out falsehoods being thrown around online. I have been digging as well. The fact that Pelosi and company gave Congress TWO hours to read a 5,500 page bill says it all. This bill should have been ONE PAGE (or a few pages) with relief clearly spelled out to go to those in need. Instead, Pelosi delivered a joke. She mocked and insulted the American people by offering a pittance while she and her cronies attempted to fund a slew of pet projects across the globe. Is that what struggling American workers waited months for? This was supposed to be about helping Americans, but Pelosi clearly has no interest in that. I feel bad for the American People but I personally would not be mad at Trump vetoing this. I would really like to see a stand alone Covid relief Bill for the American people. And while, as I said above, there is misleading and false information out there, it does not negate the fact that there IS foreign spending in the Bill. And there shouldn't be. There IS funding for the Arts. That stuff is important just substantially less so in the current climate. There is certain things in these spending Bills that are necessary to keep the government running but there is a lot of fat in them as well.
There should not be a dollar that leaves this country.There should not be a dollar for anything other then the people of this country,and small business's.I believe there should not be money given to huge corporations either,but I don't know if the economy can survive if we don't help them.I believe there are going to be parts of some industries or business's that unfortunately ain't going to survive,it's gonna be hard going forward.
There should not be a dollar that leaves this country.There should not be a dollar for anything other then the people of this country,and small business's.I believe there should not be money given to huge corporations either,but I don't know if the economy can survive if we don't help them.I believe there are going to be parts of some industries or business's that unfortunately ain't going to survive,it's gonna be hard going forward.
But but but what about "Gender Programs" in Pakistan? Democracy awareness in Venezuela and border security in Jordan?
And Americans get a whopping 600 dollars each from Nancy Pelosi!
Pelosi just keeps trying to bury the American people with her own selfish radical left agenda.
But but but what about "Gender Programs" in Pakistan? Democracy awareness in Venezuela and border security in Jordan?
And Americans get a whopping 600 dollars each from Nancy Pelosi!
Pelosi just keeps trying to bury the American people with her own selfish radical left agenda.
@nature1970
Pelosi has been moving the goal posts on every single proposal put forward by the Republicans. No idea what you're saying here.. Trump is NOT going to sign a ridiiculous spending package that ignores the American people and focuses on this insane woman's demands. SHE is solely responsible for holding up desperately needed funds to American citizens. Even her own party recognizes what she's doing.
@nature1970
Pelosi has been moving the goal posts on every single proposal put forward by the Republicans. No idea what you're saying here.. Trump is NOT going to sign a ridiiculous spending package that ignores the American people and focuses on this insane woman's demands. SHE is solely responsible for holding up desperately needed funds to American citizens. Even her own party recognizes what she's doing.
Maybe , we can hear to a more centered house leader. I understand the appropriations my only curiosity who is hand picked to over see this massive slush funds.
Congressional showmanship is what to blame they wait till they can not pay the light billand then they appropriate everything. And every one looks the other way... Republican control of anything led to this failure in leadership.
Maybe , we can hear to a more centered house leader. I understand the appropriations my only curiosity who is hand picked to over see this massive slush funds.
Congressional showmanship is what to blame they wait till they can not pay the light billand then they appropriate everything. And every one looks the other way... Republican control of anything led to this failure in leadership.
Quote Originally Posted by BuckFalls: Quote Originally Posted by gambleholic63: Buck...you are changing the topic being discussed. Thus, I triple down on my initial statement. Come on man.Thats trump language for I don't have a logical answer as to why judges that this fool appointed are bailing on his BS also.So I'll say your changing the topic being discussed.You can triple down all you want,and you can cry about the election forever,enjoy the next 4 years bozo. You are wrong again. I will leave it at that. Happy holidays.
Quote Originally Posted by BuckFalls: Quote Originally Posted by gambleholic63: Buck...you are changing the topic being discussed. Thus, I triple down on my initial statement. Come on man.Thats trump language for I don't have a logical answer as to why judges that this fool appointed are bailing on his BS also.So I'll say your changing the topic being discussed.You can triple down all you want,and you can cry about the election forever,enjoy the next 4 years bozo. You are wrong again. I will leave it at that. Happy holidays.
Gender Programs in Pakistan. 10 million. (Lindsey Graham is going to fix a 1,000 year old issue in Pakistan with a another lobby payoff).![]()
Democracy Programs in Venezuela. 15 million. (yep, 15 million oughta pay off the lobbyists).
Border Security funds to Sudan, Jordan. 700 million. (Secure their borders but not ours) yup.
Fisheries, 300 million.
600 to "some Americans."
Gender Programs in Pakistan. 10 million. (Lindsey Graham is going to fix a 1,000 year old issue in Pakistan with a another lobby payoff).![]()
Democracy Programs in Venezuela. 15 million. (yep, 15 million oughta pay off the lobbyists).
Border Security funds to Sudan, Jordan. 700 million. (Secure their borders but not ours) yup.
Fisheries, 300 million.
600 to "some Americans."
If Trump wanted Americans to get 2k each, why didn't he tell Mnuchin to make it happen? Instead he made the demand late in the game & left the country holding their dicks while he golfs @ Mar A Lardo.
Now Americans have ugatz.
If Trump wanted Americans to get 2k each, why didn't he tell Mnuchin to make it happen? Instead he made the demand late in the game & left the country holding their dicks while he golfs @ Mar A Lardo.
Now Americans have ugatz.
Please stop pretending $600 was going to help anyone get through more than a small handful of days. It was a slap in the face to all struggling Americans.
How much of the blame should Pelosi get? She is on record admitting she held up the payments until we had a "new president" (her exact words). She has to go. Period.
Please stop pretending $600 was going to help anyone get through more than a small handful of days. It was a slap in the face to all struggling Americans.
How much of the blame should Pelosi get? She is on record admitting she held up the payments until we had a "new president" (her exact words). She has to go. Period.
How ya been doin Nature? Isn't this year like a ppv event? I'm not after you as you know but Pelosi gets my blood up. She's hurting all of us.
That drunk old broad and her fantasy world of art has done little to help anyone. But she is easily the largest cash cow on the democrats side so realistically she isn't going anywhere but furthur insanity I feel.
How ya been doin Nature? Isn't this year like a ppv event? I'm not after you as you know but Pelosi gets my blood up. She's hurting all of us.
That drunk old broad and her fantasy world of art has done little to help anyone. But she is easily the largest cash cow on the democrats side so realistically she isn't going anywhere but furthur insanity I feel.
Please stop pretending $600 was going to help anyone get through more than a small handful of days. It was a slap in the face to all struggling Americans. How much of the blame should Pelosi get? She is on record admitting she held up the payments until we had a "new president" (her exact words). She has to go. Period.
A young woman on the local news had a good quote. She said, "$600 is how much rich people think poor people will think is a lot." You here these politicians saying things like, "This much needed money..." it's a joke. $600 isn't shit. This morning I left a $100 tip at the coffee stand I frequent. 2019, 2018, I was spending like $1000 a month on blow. I feel so bad for American families that are struggling out there. "Here's $600. What not enough? How about nothing!? Merry Xmas, hoes!!"
Please stop pretending $600 was going to help anyone get through more than a small handful of days. It was a slap in the face to all struggling Americans. How much of the blame should Pelosi get? She is on record admitting she held up the payments until we had a "new president" (her exact words). She has to go. Period.
A young woman on the local news had a good quote. She said, "$600 is how much rich people think poor people will think is a lot." You here these politicians saying things like, "This much needed money..." it's a joke. $600 isn't shit. This morning I left a $100 tip at the coffee stand I frequent. 2019, 2018, I was spending like $1000 a month on blow. I feel so bad for American families that are struggling out there. "Here's $600. What not enough? How about nothing!? Merry Xmas, hoes!!"
It will be 2k or 4k per couple. Pelosi is calling everyone back tomorrow for a special session. It should be a stand alone bill. NO BS attached.
NOTHING is what Pelosi has done for everyone for this entire crisis. Tomorrow would be the first.
It will be 2k or 4k per couple. Pelosi is calling everyone back tomorrow for a special session. It should be a stand alone bill. NO BS attached.
NOTHING is what Pelosi has done for everyone for this entire crisis. Tomorrow would be the first.
Trump's treasury secretary negotiated the $600 check with congress. Democrats have always favored bigger checks. Months ago, house democrats tried twice to pass more generous relief bills but they were blocked by republican senate. After months of tough negotiations, $2.3 trillion spending package is approved by house 335-78 and senate 92-6. But playing politics, Trump threatens to break previous promise to sign covid relief and omnibus spending bills. After years of approving budgets, he now calls foreign aid wasteful spending? If he doesn't sign, risks of government shutdown, upending of Georgia senate elections and economic disaster at a time when aid is desperately needed for millions of Americans. Unlikely republicans would agree to Trump late demands. Congress could probably override a veto but process may take weeks.
Trump's treasury secretary negotiated the $600 check with congress. Democrats have always favored bigger checks. Months ago, house democrats tried twice to pass more generous relief bills but they were blocked by republican senate. After months of tough negotiations, $2.3 trillion spending package is approved by house 335-78 and senate 92-6. But playing politics, Trump threatens to break previous promise to sign covid relief and omnibus spending bills. After years of approving budgets, he now calls foreign aid wasteful spending? If he doesn't sign, risks of government shutdown, upending of Georgia senate elections and economic disaster at a time when aid is desperately needed for millions of Americans. Unlikely republicans would agree to Trump late demands. Congress could probably override a veto but process may take weeks.
Please stop pretending $600 was going to help anyone get through more than a small handful of days. It was a slap in the face to all struggling Americans. How much of the blame should Pelosi get? She is on record admitting she held up the payments until we had a "new president" (her exact words). She has to go. Period.
Please stop pretending $600 was going to help anyone get through more than a small handful of days. It was a slap in the face to all struggling Americans. How much of the blame should Pelosi get? She is on record admitting she held up the payments until we had a "new president" (her exact words). She has to go. Period.
The Democrats favor destroying people in states like California, NY, NJ, Michigan, Washington and Oregon. All with Democrats in charge. The great leadership in NY allowed outdoor dining in a blizzard! You can not make this up!
The Democrats favor destroying people in states like California, NY, NJ, Michigan, Washington and Oregon. All with Democrats in charge. The great leadership in NY allowed outdoor dining in a blizzard! You can not make this up!
Quote Originally Posted by gambleholic63: Please stop pretending $600 was going to help anyone get through more than a small handful of days. It was a slap in the face to all struggling Americans. How much of the blame should Pelosi get? She is on record admitting she held up the payments until we had a "new president" (her exact words). She has to go. Period.Hey gamble what bad things do you have to say about the house republicans that are blocking the passage of a proposal to include $2,000 stimulas checks for Americans in this time of need?Where's your outrage for them,do those house republicans "have to go"now also?
Buck, I'm being honest because I know that you're wasting too much energy engaging with these people. Republicans are generally full of shit and so you can never take what they say seriously. You are better off ignoring their "concerns" and generalizing their approach as something beneficial that doesn't help Americans. They're self-serving assholes with no character or decency. I don't care what these bad people say back to me because it doesn't change what's actually true. You're never going to get a real response when you bring up legitimate points. That's how I was owning Republicans on articles when Yahoo! allowed commenting. I really miss it since there's a real satisfying feeling when nobody has a reply that expounds on your original points. It makes you know you're smarter than everyone else. It's not delusional. You need to make me feel embarrassed by factually stating, with real sources, that I didn't make a good case. That is extremely rare, although yes, occasionally I may not have known something that was pertinent to the discussion. Intellectual honesty is gone these days so that's why I brought all of that up. Republicans don't care about being right. Lying is justified if it accomplishes their goals, which is why almost all of them support Trump so much. Isn't it rather obvious?
Quote Originally Posted by gambleholic63: Please stop pretending $600 was going to help anyone get through more than a small handful of days. It was a slap in the face to all struggling Americans. How much of the blame should Pelosi get? She is on record admitting she held up the payments until we had a "new president" (her exact words). She has to go. Period.Hey gamble what bad things do you have to say about the house republicans that are blocking the passage of a proposal to include $2,000 stimulas checks for Americans in this time of need?Where's your outrage for them,do those house republicans "have to go"now also?
Buck, I'm being honest because I know that you're wasting too much energy engaging with these people. Republicans are generally full of shit and so you can never take what they say seriously. You are better off ignoring their "concerns" and generalizing their approach as something beneficial that doesn't help Americans. They're self-serving assholes with no character or decency. I don't care what these bad people say back to me because it doesn't change what's actually true. You're never going to get a real response when you bring up legitimate points. That's how I was owning Republicans on articles when Yahoo! allowed commenting. I really miss it since there's a real satisfying feeling when nobody has a reply that expounds on your original points. It makes you know you're smarter than everyone else. It's not delusional. You need to make me feel embarrassed by factually stating, with real sources, that I didn't make a good case. That is extremely rare, although yes, occasionally I may not have known something that was pertinent to the discussion. Intellectual honesty is gone these days so that's why I brought all of that up. Republicans don't care about being right. Lying is justified if it accomplishes their goals, which is why almost all of them support Trump so much. Isn't it rather obvious?
Quote Originally Posted by BuckFalls: Quote Originally Posted by gambleholic63: Please stop pretending $600 was going to help anyone get through more than a small handful of days. It was a slap in the face to all struggling Americans. How much of the blame should Pelosi get? She is on record admitting she held up the payments until we had a "new president" (her exact words). She has to go. Period.Hey gamble what bad things do you have to say about the house republicans that are blocking the passage of a proposal to include $2,000 stimulas checks for Americans in this time of need?Where's your outrage for them,do those house republicans "have to go"now also? Buck, I'm being honest because I know that you're wasting too much energy engaging with these people. Republicans are generally full of shit and so you can never take what they say seriously. You are better off ignoring their "concerns" and generalizing their approach as something beneficial that doesn't help Americans. They're self-serving assholes with no character or decency. I don't care what these bad people say back to me because it doesn't change what's actually true. You're never going to get a real response when you bring up legitimate points. That's how I was owning Republicans on articles when Yahoo! allowed commenting. I really miss it since there's a real satisfying feeling when nobody has a reply that expounds on your original points. It makes you know you're smarter than everyone else. It's not delusional. You need to make me feel embarrassed by factually stating, with real sources, that I didn't make a good case. That is extremely rare, although yes, occasionally I may not have known something that was pertinent to the discussion. Intellectual honesty is gone these days so that's why I brought all of that up. Republicans don't care about being right. Lying is justified if it accomplishes their go't you just als, which is why almost all of them support Trump so much. Isn't it rather obvious?
Quote Originally Posted by BuckFalls: Quote Originally Posted by gambleholic63: Please stop pretending $600 was going to help anyone get through more than a small handful of days. It was a slap in the face to all struggling Americans. How much of the blame should Pelosi get? She is on record admitting she held up the payments until we had a "new president" (her exact words). She has to go. Period.Hey gamble what bad things do you have to say about the house republicans that are blocking the passage of a proposal to include $2,000 stimulas checks for Americans in this time of need?Where's your outrage for them,do those house republicans "have to go"now also? Buck, I'm being honest because I know that you're wasting too much energy engaging with these people. Republicans are generally full of shit and so you can never take what they say seriously. You are better off ignoring their "concerns" and generalizing their approach as something beneficial that doesn't help Americans. They're self-serving assholes with no character or decency. I don't care what these bad people say back to me because it doesn't change what's actually true. You're never going to get a real response when you bring up legitimate points. That's how I was owning Republicans on articles when Yahoo! allowed commenting. I really miss it since there's a real satisfying feeling when nobody has a reply that expounds on your original points. It makes you know you're smarter than everyone else. It's not delusional. You need to make me feel embarrassed by factually stating, with real sources, that I didn't make a good case. That is extremely rare, although yes, occasionally I may not have known something that was pertinent to the discussion. Intellectual honesty is gone these days so that's why I brought all of that up. Republicans don't care about being right. Lying is justified if it accomplishes their go't you just als, which is why almost all of them support Trump so much. Isn't it rather obvious?
Quote Originally Posted by sicknesscity: Quote Originally Posted by BuckFalls: Quote Originally Posted by gambleholic63: Please stop pretending $600 was going to help anyone get through more than a small handful of days. It was a slap in the face to all struggling Americans. How much of the blame should Pelosi get? She is on record admitting she held up the payments until we had a "new president" (her exact words). She has to go. Period.Hey gamble what bad things do you have to say about the house republicans that are blocking the passage of a proposal to include $2,000 stimulas checks for Americans in this time of need?Where's your outrage for them,do those house republicans "have to go"now also? Buck, I'm being honest because I know that you're wasting too much energy engaging with these people. Republicans are generally full of shit and so you can never take what they say seriously. You are better off ignoring their "concerns" and generalizing their approach as something beneficial that doesn't help Americans. They're self-serving assholes with no character or decency. I don't care what these bad people say back to me because it doesn't change what's actually true. You're never going to get a real response when you bring up legitimate points. That's how I was owning Republicans on articles when Yahoo! allowed commenting. I really miss it since there's a real satisfying feeling when nobody has a reply that expounds on your original points. It makes you know you're smarter than everyone else. It's not delusional. You need to make me feel embarrassed by factually stating, with real sources, that I didn't make a good case. That is extremely rare, although yes, occasionally I may not have known something that was pertinent to the discussion. Intellectual honesty is gone these days so that's why I brought all of that up. Republicans don't care about being right. Lying is justified if it accomplishes their go't you just als, which is why almost all of them support Trump so much. Isn't it rather obvious?Why don't you just copy and paste. You never say anything relevant or different. You are BORING. Curious- when your out in public, how can you tell who's a republican or democrat? Let me help you- If its' after work hours it is a republican. I know you won't get that.
Quote Originally Posted by sicknesscity: Quote Originally Posted by BuckFalls: Quote Originally Posted by gambleholic63: Please stop pretending $600 was going to help anyone get through more than a small handful of days. It was a slap in the face to all struggling Americans. How much of the blame should Pelosi get? She is on record admitting she held up the payments until we had a "new president" (her exact words). She has to go. Period.Hey gamble what bad things do you have to say about the house republicans that are blocking the passage of a proposal to include $2,000 stimulas checks for Americans in this time of need?Where's your outrage for them,do those house republicans "have to go"now also? Buck, I'm being honest because I know that you're wasting too much energy engaging with these people. Republicans are generally full of shit and so you can never take what they say seriously. You are better off ignoring their "concerns" and generalizing their approach as something beneficial that doesn't help Americans. They're self-serving assholes with no character or decency. I don't care what these bad people say back to me because it doesn't change what's actually true. You're never going to get a real response when you bring up legitimate points. That's how I was owning Republicans on articles when Yahoo! allowed commenting. I really miss it since there's a real satisfying feeling when nobody has a reply that expounds on your original points. It makes you know you're smarter than everyone else. It's not delusional. You need to make me feel embarrassed by factually stating, with real sources, that I didn't make a good case. That is extremely rare, although yes, occasionally I may not have known something that was pertinent to the discussion. Intellectual honesty is gone these days so that's why I brought all of that up. Republicans don't care about being right. Lying is justified if it accomplishes their go't you just als, which is why almost all of them support Trump so much. Isn't it rather obvious?Why don't you just copy and paste. You never say anything relevant or different. You are BORING. Curious- when your out in public, how can you tell who's a republican or democrat? Let me help you- If its' after work hours it is a republican. I know you won't get that.
Quote Originally Posted by BuckFalls: I got 1 for you snorkel,when trumps speaking how do you tell if he's lying?His lips move.
Quote Originally Posted by BuckFalls: I got 1 for you snorkel,when trumps speaking how do you tell if he's lying?His lips move.
Hot Forum Topics
- Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,285
- I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,733
- Tuesday 10/06/2026 677
- NFL LOCKED IN! 104,818
- Falcons vs Saints in-game live MNF 1,822
- PART DEUX 208
- NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,840
- Is Braves ML -105 as safe of an even money lock possible in sports? 1,326
- MNF 1,093
- We have picked a terrible time to have the stupidest president ever 30,603
Warning - External Link
Report User
This post is spam
Delete Post
Remove Thread
Scan Results
Login/Register
Accounts are free and easy to create.
Search
