• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Pro Football

    New Orleans at Washington (12/06/2009)

    «First Previous 1234 Next Last»
    wangichu
    808pickyboy
    dragonwolf1963
    BreakaBookie
    Philly215
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 5420
    Posts: 86
    «First Previous 1234 Next Last»
     
    wangichu
    wangichu
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 1036
    Posted: Dec. 3, 2009 - 1:45 AM ET #26

    Quote Originally Posted by BUDMANSAINTSFAN:

    Interesting inthemoney how a 38-17 beating of the Pats changes minds.  You were all over the Pats against the Saints.
    I am a Saints fan and this is where I take Washington with the points.  By kickoff this line will be 10.  NO coming off a sky high victory over NE and will be a little flat.  Wash possibly wins game but I think Saints win 27-20.


    bingo...

    808picky, good call last week (although one look at the pats road struggles should have shook the public off new england in that game) but just because you were right about that game doesn't mean you are all of the sudden an irrefutible guru on the saints or anything.  Guaranteeing that the best team in the league will win and cover is hardly inspiring.

    The skins are playing like they did last year for the first half of the season, minimizing mistakes and making plays.  You can see the progression of their offense as they have finally started to score more.  They have a much better secondary than the pats actually one of the best around, and they also run better than the pats, something that the saints are much more vulnerable to.


    @dddevin:  not that you've ever struck me as an expert, but if you were paying attention to that kickoff, you'd notice that firstly, it caught the skins way off guard and there was definitely plenty of room for that to succeed.  There were at least 3 eagles ready to grab the ball 10 yards out if it wasn't for the d-bag who kicked the ball and screwed it all up.  Reid, who watches a lot of film, just noticed a flaw in the skins kickoff return game and tried to exploit it.  Being aggressive will always draw questioning, but playing passive is how to lose games.  Bellichek is the best example of an aggressive coach who shows that aggressive gameplans are more successful.  And to say that the only reason that the skins were in that game was because of that is straight ignorant.  The eagles had to come back and win that one late and even if the skins hadn't scored there, the eagles would have been down one going into that 8 point scoring drive.  Also how do you know that the skins wouldn't have scored anyways or that they wouldn't have had a solid return.  The percentages may have been smaller, but they would have all been very possible.

    Reid had pulled that off on 2 of 3 attempts and if it wasn't for Mr. wannabe pele screwing it up, we'd all be talking about that onside kickoff differently.  He takes a lot of flak, but people rarely give him credit for being one of the league's best gameplanners because of his struggles in clock management and the occasional failure to be clutch, (that's not all on him even though he takes responsibility as a high character coach.)

    The saints are only 2-3 ATS when laying more than 7.5 points and the same skins team beat them SU last year.  The saints are better obviously, but they're not in a good position here off a HUGE home win.

    All i'm saying is that if the rams can cover and keep it within a touchdown, how can anyone sit here and act like the redskins (with a better defense and improving, less prone to mistakes offense) can't?

    WAS +10

    they COULD win SU, but that's where you have to remember that the skins are who they are and will almost guaranteeably choke away a winnable game, just like the last two weeks.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by BUDMANSAINTSFAN:

    Interesting inthemoney how a 38-17 beating of the Pats changes minds.  You were all over the Pats against the Saints.
    I am a Saints fan and this is where I take Washington with the points.  By kickoff this line will be 10.  NO coming off a sky high victory over NE and will be a little flat.  Wash possibly wins game but I think Saints win 27-20.


    bingo...

    808picky, good call last week (although one look at the pats road struggles should have shook the public off new england in that game) but just because you were right about that game doesn't mean you are all of the sudden an irrefutible guru on the saints or anything.  Guaranteeing that the best team in the league will win and cover is hardly inspiring.

    The skins are playing like they did last year for the first half of the season, minimizing mistakes and making plays.  You can see the progression of their offense as they have finally started to score more.  They have a much better secondary than the pats actually one of the best around, and they also run better than the pats, something that the saints are much more vulnerable to.


    @dddevin:  not that you've ever struck me as an expert, but if you were paying attention to that kickoff, you'd notice that firstly, it caught the skins way off guard and there was definitely plenty of room for that to succeed.  There were at least 3 eagles ready to grab the ball 10 yards out if it wasn't for the d-bag who kicked the ball and screwed it all up.  Reid, who watches a lot of film, just noticed a flaw in the skins kickoff return game and tried to exploit it.  Being aggressive will always draw questioning, but playing passive is how to lose games.  Bellichek is the best example of an aggressive coach who shows that aggressive gameplans are more successful.  And to say that the only reason that the skins were in that game was because of that is straight ignorant.  The eagles had to come back and win that one late and even if the skins hadn't scored there, the eagles would have been down one going into that 8 point scoring drive.  Also how do you know that the skins wouldn't have scored anyways or that they wouldn't have had a solid return.  The percentages may have been smaller, but they would have all been very possible.

    Reid had pulled that off on 2 of 3 attempts and if it wasn't for Mr. wannabe pele screwing it up, we'd all be talking about that onside kickoff differently.  He takes a lot of flak, but people rarely give him credit for being one of the league's best gameplanners because of his struggles in clock management and the occasional failure to be clutch, (that's not all on him even though he takes responsibility as a high character coach.)

    The saints are only 2-3 ATS when laying more than 7.5 points and the same skins team beat them SU last year.  The saints are better obviously, but they're not in a good position here off a HUGE home win.

    All i'm saying is that if the rams can cover and keep it within a touchdown, how can anyone sit here and act like the redskins (with a better defense and improving, less prone to mistakes offense) can't?

    WAS +10

    they COULD win SU, but that's where you have to remember that the skins are who they are and will almost guaranteeably choke away a winnable game, just like the last two weeks.
     
    808pickyboy
    808pickyboy
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 537
    Posted: Dec. 3, 2009 - 5:41 AM ET #27

    ROCKDOG! 
       I PERSONALY DO NOT THINK THE SAINTS WILL COVER THE OVER THEMSELVES. THEY HAVE DONE IT ONLY TWICE THIS SEASON AND THAT WAS :
        
    NO SAINTS 48
    NYG            27
                                47  - ( 0/U )
    NO SAINTS 48
    PHILY         22
                                46  - (O/U )

    WANGICHU,
     I AM ABSOLUTELY NO GURU FOR THE SAINTS OR ANY OTHER TEAM. I AM THOUGH A VERY BIG FAN OF THE WHO DAT NATION. I HAVE MADE SOME F@#$ UP PICKS BEFORE, AND ADMIT THAT SOMETIMES I POST SOME IDIOTIC THINGS BECAUSE I PICKED  AND POST FROM MY HEART NOT FROM MY HEAD. I DID NOT DO MY HOMEWORK BASICALLY. 
      THE SKINS BIGGEST POINT MARGIN IN A LOST WAS AGAINST THE ATL FALCONS AND THAT WAS BY 14. I THINK THE SCORE WAS 31-17. .
        FOR THIS GAME, I ABSOLUTELY DID MY HOMEWORK AND I DO THINK THAT THE SAINTS WILL COVER -9.5. THEY WILL WIN BY 17 POINTS DUE TO THE FACT THAT WASH DOES NOT HAVE THE OFFENSE TO MATCH THEIR DEFENSE. SAINTS "D" IS NO JOKE EITHER WITH TOP NOTCH DEFENSIVE PLAYERS. THEY ARE A WELL BALANCED TEAM AS A VISITOR OR HOST. THEY GOT BETTER AND BETTER AS THE SEASON WENT ON AND I DO NOT THINK THEY HAVE YET PEAKED FOR 2009 -2010 SEASON . I HAVE WATCHED EVERY GAME THEY
    PLAYED THIS SEASON. IT IS TRUE THAT THEY DO NOT DO AS WELL ON GRASS THAN THEY DO ON TURF. I DO SEE INTERCEPTIONS MADE BY SAINTS "D" THOUGH. 
          DREW BREES IS ON THE MONEY AND A 1ST CLASS #1 DEFENSE IS NOT GOING TO STOP HIM. THE SAINTS HAVE A GREAT RUSHING TEAM MIXED UP WITH PASSES FROM A DYNAMIC QB THROWING TO EVERYONE THAT IS A LEGIBLE RECEIVER. THAT IS SCARY FOR ANY TEAM. WITH HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE TO PLAY FOR, THE SAINTS WILL COME TO WIN AND WIN BIG. GOOD LUCK TO ALL.

                                ( MY PREDICTION )

    NO SAINTS   30  (may score 37 from interception return)

    WASH SKIN   13   ( no offense ) 1TD 2 FG

    SAINTS -9.5   AND THE UNDER




    Reply
    ROCKDOG! 
       I PERSONALY DO NOT THINK THE SAINTS WILL COVER THE OVER THEMSELVES. THEY HAVE DONE IT ONLY TWICE THIS SEASON AND THAT WAS :
        
    NO SAINTS 48
    NYG            27
                                47  - ( 0/U )
    NO SAINTS 48
    PHILY         22
                                46  - (O/U )

    WANGICHU,
     I AM ABSOLUTELY NO GURU FOR THE SAINTS OR ANY OTHER TEAM. I AM THOUGH A VERY BIG FAN OF THE WHO DAT NATION. I HAVE MADE SOME F@#$ UP PICKS BEFORE, AND ADMIT THAT SOMETIMES I POST SOME IDIOTIC THINGS BECAUSE I PICKED  AND POST FROM MY HEART NOT FROM MY HEAD. I DID NOT DO MY HOMEWORK BASICALLY. 
      THE SKINS BIGGEST POINT MARGIN IN A LOST WAS AGAINST THE ATL FALCONS AND THAT WAS BY 14. I THINK THE SCORE WAS 31-17. .
        FOR THIS GAME, I ABSOLUTELY DID MY HOMEWORK AND I DO THINK THAT THE SAINTS WILL COVER -9.5. THEY WILL WIN BY 17 POINTS DUE TO THE FACT THAT WASH DOES NOT HAVE THE OFFENSE TO MATCH THEIR DEFENSE. SAINTS "D" IS NO JOKE EITHER WITH TOP NOTCH DEFENSIVE PLAYERS. THEY ARE A WELL BALANCED TEAM AS A VISITOR OR HOST. THEY GOT BETTER AND BETTER AS THE SEASON WENT ON AND I DO NOT THINK THEY HAVE YET PEAKED FOR 2009 -2010 SEASON . I HAVE WATCHED EVERY GAME THEY
    PLAYED THIS SEASON. IT IS TRUE THAT THEY DO NOT DO AS WELL ON GRASS THAN THEY DO ON TURF. I DO SEE INTERCEPTIONS MADE BY SAINTS "D" THOUGH. 
          DREW BREES IS ON THE MONEY AND A 1ST CLASS #1 DEFENSE IS NOT GOING TO STOP HIM. THE SAINTS HAVE A GREAT RUSHING TEAM MIXED UP WITH PASSES FROM A DYNAMIC QB THROWING TO EVERYONE THAT IS A LEGIBLE RECEIVER. THAT IS SCARY FOR ANY TEAM. WITH HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE TO PLAY FOR, THE SAINTS WILL COME TO WIN AND WIN BIG. GOOD LUCK TO ALL.

                                ( MY PREDICTION )

    NO SAINTS   30  (may score 37 from interception return)

    WASH SKIN   13   ( no offense ) 1TD 2 FG

    SAINTS -9.5   AND THE UNDER




     
    808pickyboy
    808pickyboy
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 537
    Posted: Dec. 3, 2009 - 6:14 AM ET #28

    Quote Originally Posted by 808pickyboy:

    ROCKDOG! 
       I PERSONALY DO NOT THINK THE SAINTS WILL COVER THE OVER THEMSELVES. THEY HAVE DONE IT ONLY TWICE THIS SEASON AND THAT WAS :
        
    NO SAINTS 48
    NYG            27
                                47  - ( 0/U )
    NO SAINTS 48
    PHILY         22
                                46  - (O/U )

    WANGICHU,
     I AM ABSOLUTELY NO GURU FOR THE SAINTS OR ANY OTHER TEAM. I AM THOUGH A VERY BIG FAN OF THE WHO DAT NATION. I HAVE MADE SOME F@#$ UP PICKS BEFORE, AND ADMIT THAT SOMETIMES I POST SOME IDIOTIC THINGS BECAUSE I PICKED  AND POST FROM MY HEART NOT FROM MY HEAD. I DID NOT DO MY HOMEWORK BASICALLY. 
      THE SKINS BIGGEST POINT MARGIN IN A LOST WAS AGAINST THE ATL FALCONS AND THAT WAS BY 14. I THINK THE SCORE WAS 31-17. .
        FOR THIS GAME, I ABSOLUTELY DID MY HOMEWORK AND I DO THINK THAT THE SAINTS WILL COVER -9.5. THEY WILL WIN BY 17 POINTS DUE TO THE FACT THAT WASH DOES NOT HAVE THE OFFENSE TO MATCH THEIR DEFENSE. SAINTS "D" IS NO JOKE EITHER WITH TOP NOTCH DEFENSIVE PLAYERS. THEY ARE A WELL BALANCED TEAM AS A VISITOR OR HOST. THEY GOT BETTER AND BETTER AS THE SEASON WENT ON AND I DO NOT THINK THEY HAVE YET PEAKED FOR 2009 -2010 SEASON . I HAVE WATCHED EVERY GAME THEY
    PLAYED THIS SEASON. IT IS TRUE THAT THEY DO NOT DO AS WELL ON GRASS THAN THEY DO ON TURF. I DO SEE INTERCEPTIONS MADE BY SAINTS "D" THOUGH. 
          DREW BREES IS ON THE MONEY AND A 1ST CLASS #1 DEFENSE IS NOT GOING TO STOP HIM. THE SAINTS HAVE A GREAT RUSHING TEAM MIXED UP WITH PASSES FROM A DYNAMIC QB THROWING TO EVERYONE THAT IS A LEGIBLE RECEIVER. THAT IS SCARY FOR ANY TEAM. WITH HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE TO PLAY FOR, THE SAINTS WILL COME TO WIN AND WIN BIG. GOOD LUCK TO ALL.

                                ( MY PREDICTION )

    NO SAINTS   30  (may score 37 from interception return)

    WASH SKIN   13   ( no offense ) 1TD 2 FG

    SAINTS -9.5   AND THE UNDER




     
    MUST CLARIFY THAT WHEN I SAY THAT THE SAINTS DO NOT DO AS WELL ON GRASS IS ABSOLUTELY WRONG. 2 OF THE 3 HIGHEST SCORING GAMES WERE ON GRASS BUT THE BIG DIFFERENCE IS THAT THEIR WERE INTERCEPTIONS MADE AND WERE RAN BACK FOR TD'S. DARREN SHARPER IS RANKED #3 IN INTERCEPTIONS AND PORTER IS ANOTHER ONE TO WATCH OUT FOR. WASHINGTON'S ROOKIE OR NFL UNEXPERIENCED QB'S ARE GOING TO THROW PICKS AND THAT COULD BE THE DIFFERENCE FROM A BIG WIN AND A BLOWOUT.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by 808pickyboy:

    ROCKDOG! 
       I PERSONALY DO NOT THINK THE SAINTS WILL COVER THE OVER THEMSELVES. THEY HAVE DONE IT ONLY TWICE THIS SEASON AND THAT WAS :
        
    NO SAINTS 48
    NYG            27
                                47  - ( 0/U )
    NO SAINTS 48
    PHILY         22
                                46  - (O/U )

    WANGICHU,
     I AM ABSOLUTELY NO GURU FOR THE SAINTS OR ANY OTHER TEAM. I AM THOUGH A VERY BIG FAN OF THE WHO DAT NATION. I HAVE MADE SOME F@#$ UP PICKS BEFORE, AND ADMIT THAT SOMETIMES I POST SOME IDIOTIC THINGS BECAUSE I PICKED  AND POST FROM MY HEART NOT FROM MY HEAD. I DID NOT DO MY HOMEWORK BASICALLY. 
      THE SKINS BIGGEST POINT MARGIN IN A LOST WAS AGAINST THE ATL FALCONS AND THAT WAS BY 14. I THINK THE SCORE WAS 31-17. .
        FOR THIS GAME, I ABSOLUTELY DID MY HOMEWORK AND I DO THINK THAT THE SAINTS WILL COVER -9.5. THEY WILL WIN BY 17 POINTS DUE TO THE FACT THAT WASH DOES NOT HAVE THE OFFENSE TO MATCH THEIR DEFENSE. SAINTS "D" IS NO JOKE EITHER WITH TOP NOTCH DEFENSIVE PLAYERS. THEY ARE A WELL BALANCED TEAM AS A VISITOR OR HOST. THEY GOT BETTER AND BETTER AS THE SEASON WENT ON AND I DO NOT THINK THEY HAVE YET PEAKED FOR 2009 -2010 SEASON . I HAVE WATCHED EVERY GAME THEY
    PLAYED THIS SEASON. IT IS TRUE THAT THEY DO NOT DO AS WELL ON GRASS THAN THEY DO ON TURF. I DO SEE INTERCEPTIONS MADE BY SAINTS "D" THOUGH. 
          DREW BREES IS ON THE MONEY AND A 1ST CLASS #1 DEFENSE IS NOT GOING TO STOP HIM. THE SAINTS HAVE A GREAT RUSHING TEAM MIXED UP WITH PASSES FROM A DYNAMIC QB THROWING TO EVERYONE THAT IS A LEGIBLE RECEIVER. THAT IS SCARY FOR ANY TEAM. WITH HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE TO PLAY FOR, THE SAINTS WILL COME TO WIN AND WIN BIG. GOOD LUCK TO ALL.

                                ( MY PREDICTION )

    NO SAINTS   30  (may score 37 from interception return)

    WASH SKIN   13   ( no offense ) 1TD 2 FG

    SAINTS -9.5   AND THE UNDER




     
    MUST CLARIFY THAT WHEN I SAY THAT THE SAINTS DO NOT DO AS WELL ON GRASS IS ABSOLUTELY WRONG. 2 OF THE 3 HIGHEST SCORING GAMES WERE ON GRASS BUT THE BIG DIFFERENCE IS THAT THEIR WERE INTERCEPTIONS MADE AND WERE RAN BACK FOR TD'S. DARREN SHARPER IS RANKED #3 IN INTERCEPTIONS AND PORTER IS ANOTHER ONE TO WATCH OUT FOR. WASHINGTON'S ROOKIE OR NFL UNEXPERIENCED QB'S ARE GOING TO THROW PICKS AND THAT COULD BE THE DIFFERENCE FROM A BIG WIN AND A BLOWOUT.
     
    808pickyboy
    808pickyboy
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 537
    Posted: Dec. 3, 2009 - 6:25 AM ET #29

    SAINTS WILL SMITH (DE) RANKED #3 IN SACKS
    SAINTS DARREN SHARPER RANKED #2 IN INTERCEPTIONS.



    WHO DAT?
    Reply
    SAINTS WILL SMITH (DE) RANKED #3 IN SACKS
    SAINTS DARREN SHARPER RANKED #2 IN INTERCEPTIONS.



    WHO DAT?
     
    dragonwolf1963
    dragonwolf1963
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 107
    Posted: Dec. 3, 2009 - 3:21 PM ET #30

    If the Saints defence can put the clamps on Tom Brady the way they did, might they be able to make Jason Campbell cry or squeak?

    Saints all the way and COVER  ;)  Squeak Squeak....

    Good work Pickyboy

    Reply

    If the Saints defence can put the clamps on Tom Brady the way they did, might they be able to make Jason Campbell cry or squeak?

    Saints all the way and COVER  ;)  Squeak Squeak....

    Good work Pickyboy

     
    BreakaBookie
    BreakaBookie
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 1743
    Posted: Dec. 3, 2009 - 4:21 PM ET #31

    I want to know who made the Saints schedule?

    who paid who?

    becuase the Saints have hands down the best schedule in the NFL...

    somebody name 1 hard road game they played.... there is only 1 and that was the McNabb-less Eagles... in September in nice weather

    nobody is beating the Saints this year in the Superdome....

    but on the road????

     

    who have they beaten on the raod with any credibility??

     

    I feel like everytime I see them play it's a home game... anyway with that being said.....

     

    if they are going to lose 1 game this year it's goign to be on the road against a good running football team...

     

    I don't think it's going to be the Washington Redskins.... and of course they are not playing in Cold weather for the rest of the year...

    this team is going to be unstoppable in any dome... but if you put them outside against a good football team, they will blow one...

     

    so ask yourself, do you want to lay 9 points on the road outdoors? or do you want to bet the Saints when the play in a dome...

    they should crush Washington, but they should have crushed Miami, STL....

    I just feel like this team plays down to their opponents outside there division....

     

    I'm staying away.... the purpose of this post is to call them out on the fact that every tough game they play in at home....

     

    Reply

    I want to know who made the Saints schedule?

    who paid who?

    becuase the Saints have hands down the best schedule in the NFL...

    somebody name 1 hard road game they played.... there is only 1 and that was the McNabb-less Eagles... in September in nice weather

    nobody is beating the Saints this year in the Superdome....

    but on the road????

     

    who have they beaten on the raod with any credibility??

     

    I feel like everytime I see them play it's a home game... anyway with that being said.....

     

    if they are going to lose 1 game this year it's goign to be on the road against a good running football team...

     

    I don't think it's going to be the Washington Redskins.... and of course they are not playing in Cold weather for the rest of the year...

    this team is going to be unstoppable in any dome... but if you put them outside against a good football team, they will blow one...

     

    so ask yourself, do you want to lay 9 points on the road outdoors? or do you want to bet the Saints when the play in a dome...

    they should crush Washington, but they should have crushed Miami, STL....

    I just feel like this team plays down to their opponents outside there division....

     

    I'm staying away.... the purpose of this post is to call them out on the fact that every tough game they play in at home....

     

     
    808pickyboy
    808pickyboy
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 537
    Posted: Dec. 3, 2009 - 5:37 PM ET #32

    Quote Originally Posted by BreakaBookie:

    I want to know who made the Saints schedule?

    who paid who?

    becuase the Saints have hands down the best schedule in the NFL...

    somebody name 1 hard road game they played.... there is only 1 and that was the McNabb-less Eagles... in September in nice weather

    nobody is beating the Saints this year in the Superdome....

    but on the road????

     

    who have they beaten on the raod with any credibility??

     

    I feel like everytime I see them play it's a home game... anyway with that being said.....

     

    if they are going to lose 1 game this year it's goign to be on the road against a good running football team...

     

    I don't think it's going to be the Washington Redskins.... and of course they are not playing in Cold weather for the rest of the year...

    this team is going to be unstoppable in any dome... but if you put them outside against a good football team, they will blow one...

     

    so ask yourself, do you want to lay 9 points on the road outdoors? or do you want to bet the Saints when the play in a dome...

    they should crush Washington, but they should have crushed Miami, STL....

    I just feel like this team plays down to their opponents outside there division....

     

    I'm staying away.... the purpose of this post is to call them out on the fact that every tough game they play in at home....

     

    COME ON MAN. WHO KNEW HOW THE TEAMS WILL PLAY IN THE BEGINING OF THE SEASON WHEN THEY MADE THE SCHEDULE. REMEMBER THAT EACH TEAM PICKED UP NEW PLAYERS FROM THE DRAFT OR TRADED FROM OTHER TEAMS. THE SAINTS WERE DESTINED TO PLAY THIS WELL WITH ALL THE PLAYERS THEY HAVE. IF I'M NOT MISTAKEN, THE SAINTS HAVE A LOT OF PLAYERS THAT HAS BEEN THERE AT LEAST 3 SEASONS. WHEN A TEAM HAS TIME TO MOLD, THEY BECOME A UNIT THAT THEY STRIVE FOR. THEY THINK ALIKE AND HAVE THE SAME HUNGER TO WIN. LOOK AT THEIR TOP NOTCH PLAYERS AND WHAT THEY DID AT THE COLLEGE THEY CAME FROM.

    WASHINGTON REDSKINS IS A YOUNG TEAM AND I THINK THAT IF YOU GIVE THEM TIME TO MOLD, IT WILL NOT MATTER WHAT THE SCHEDULE IS AS WELL. THERE ARE A LOT OF YOUNG TEAMS OUT THERE SUCH AS THE DETROIT LIONS AND EVEN THE RAIDERS THAT WILL DO GOOD IN A FEW YEARS.

    WITH THAT SAID, PLEASE DO NOT TAKE CREDIT FROM THE SAINTS WHEN THEY HAVE RIGHTFULLY EARNED THEIR SP0T. SURE THE SCHEDULE HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH IT, BUT MOST AND FORMOST IT IS THE CHARACTER OF THE PLAYERS AS WELL AS THEIR TALENT THAT DETERMINES THE GAMES. I CAN THINK OF MANY TEAMS THAT WILL BACK UP WHAT I'M SAYING. HERE ARE JUST A COUPLE:

    DENVER BRONCOS W/ JOHN ELWAY AS QB ERA

    JOE MONTANA AND THE 49ers

    THESE TEAMS MOLDED TOGETHER AND PLAYED GREAT WITH THE LEADERSHIP OF AWESOME QBs. YOU ARE ENTITLED TO YOUR OPINION BUT WHEN YOU START TAKING CREDIT FORM THE SAINTS BECUSE OF THEIR SCHEDULE, I THINK YOUR OUT OF LINE.

     

     

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by BreakaBookie:

    I want to know who made the Saints schedule?

    who paid who?

    becuase the Saints have hands down the best schedule in the NFL...

    somebody name 1 hard road game they played.... there is only 1 and that was the McNabb-less Eagles... in September in nice weather

    nobody is beating the Saints this year in the Superdome....

    but on the road????

     

    who have they beaten on the raod with any credibility??

     

    I feel like everytime I see them play it's a home game... anyway with that being said.....

     

    if they are going to lose 1 game this year it's goign to be on the road against a good running football team...

     

    I don't think it's going to be the Washington Redskins.... and of course they are not playing in Cold weather for the rest of the year...

    this team is going to be unstoppable in any dome... but if you put them outside against a good football team, they will blow one...

     

    so ask yourself, do you want to lay 9 points on the road outdoors? or do you want to bet the Saints when the play in a dome...

    they should crush Washington, but they should have crushed Miami, STL....

    I just feel like this team plays down to their opponents outside there division....

     

    I'm staying away.... the purpose of this post is to call them out on the fact that every tough game they play in at home....

     

    COME ON MAN. WHO KNEW HOW THE TEAMS WILL PLAY IN THE BEGINING OF THE SEASON WHEN THEY MADE THE SCHEDULE. REMEMBER THAT EACH TEAM PICKED UP NEW PLAYERS FROM THE DRAFT OR TRADED FROM OTHER TEAMS. THE SAINTS WERE DESTINED TO PLAY THIS WELL WITH ALL THE PLAYERS THEY HAVE. IF I'M NOT MISTAKEN, THE SAINTS HAVE A LOT OF PLAYERS THAT HAS BEEN THERE AT LEAST 3 SEASONS. WHEN A TEAM HAS TIME TO MOLD, THEY BECOME A UNIT THAT THEY STRIVE FOR. THEY THINK ALIKE AND HAVE THE SAME HUNGER TO WIN. LOOK AT THEIR TOP NOTCH PLAYERS AND WHAT THEY DID AT THE COLLEGE THEY CAME FROM.

    WASHINGTON REDSKINS IS A YOUNG TEAM AND I THINK THAT IF YOU GIVE THEM TIME TO MOLD, IT WILL NOT MATTER WHAT THE SCHEDULE IS AS WELL. THERE ARE A LOT OF YOUNG TEAMS OUT THERE SUCH AS THE DETROIT LIONS AND EVEN THE RAIDERS THAT WILL DO GOOD IN A FEW YEARS.

    WITH THAT SAID, PLEASE DO NOT TAKE CREDIT FROM THE SAINTS WHEN THEY HAVE RIGHTFULLY EARNED THEIR SP0T. SURE THE SCHEDULE HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH IT, BUT MOST AND FORMOST IT IS THE CHARACTER OF THE PLAYERS AS WELL AS THEIR TALENT THAT DETERMINES THE GAMES. I CAN THINK OF MANY TEAMS THAT WILL BACK UP WHAT I'M SAYING. HERE ARE JUST A COUPLE:

    DENVER BRONCOS W/ JOHN ELWAY AS QB ERA

    JOE MONTANA AND THE 49ers

    THESE TEAMS MOLDED TOGETHER AND PLAYED GREAT WITH THE LEADERSHIP OF AWESOME QBs. YOU ARE ENTITLED TO YOUR OPINION BUT WHEN YOU START TAKING CREDIT FORM THE SAINTS BECUSE OF THEIR SCHEDULE, I THINK YOUR OUT OF LINE.

     

     

     
    Philly215
    Philly215
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2007
    Posts: 5491
    Posted: Dec. 3, 2009 - 6:30 PM ET #33

    I like the skins +9.5 here and will be making a small wager on the skins ML.  Good letdown game for the saints after that huge win agianst NE and another big game coming up next week at the Facons.  Seems like it would be easy for the saints to forget about the improving skins team.
    Reply
    I like the skins +9.5 here and will be making a small wager on the skins ML.  Good letdown game for the saints after that huge win agianst NE and another big game coming up next week at the Facons.  Seems like it would be easy for the saints to forget about the improving skins team.
     
    kreitmaster
    kreitmaster
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 14
    Posted: Dec. 3, 2009 - 6:46 PM ET #34

    Quote Originally Posted by afasamoan:

    Drew Brees has a partial tear on his throwing shoulder as just reported by ESPn and is listed as out for Sundays game - I love washington in light of this

    Huh? I assume this is a joke.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by afasamoan:

    Drew Brees has a partial tear on his throwing shoulder as just reported by ESPn and is listed as out for Sundays game - I love washington in light of this

    Huh? I assume this is a joke.
     
    wangichu
    wangichu
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 1036
    Posted: Dec. 4, 2009 - 2:49 AM ET #35

    skins have a much better secondary than any of the other teams in the NFC east and obvious the pats as well.

    if you haven't noticed, the skins turned the corner a couple of games ago, cutting down on turnovers and making plays to keep their defense off the field.

    saints are susceptible to the run (look up the numbers on these things)
    -philly rarely runs, pats rarely run, and giants were playing from behind all game so running wasn't really an option.


    i'll respect the fact that you admit you don't always know what's up with these games, but i'm telling you, don't go blowing your money on the saints here, even if they were to cover, this is just a very bad time to bet on them.
    Reply
    skins have a much better secondary than any of the other teams in the NFC east and obvious the pats as well.

    if you haven't noticed, the skins turned the corner a couple of games ago, cutting down on turnovers and making plays to keep their defense off the field.

    saints are susceptible to the run (look up the numbers on these things)
    -philly rarely runs, pats rarely run, and giants were playing from behind all game so running wasn't really an option.


    i'll respect the fact that you admit you don't always know what's up with these games, but i'm telling you, don't go blowing your money on the saints here, even if they were to cover, this is just a very bad time to bet on them.
     
    BreakaBookie
    BreakaBookie
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 1743
    Posted: Dec. 4, 2009 - 3:05 AM ET #36

    Quote Originally Posted by 808pickyboy:

    COME ON MAN. WHO KNEW HOW THE TEAMS WILL PLAY IN THE BEGINING OF THE SEASON WHEN THEY MADE THE SCHEDULE. REMEMBER THAT EACH TEAM PICKED UP NEW PLAYERS FROM THE DRAFT OR TRADED FROM OTHER TEAMS. THE SAINTS WERE DESTINED TO PLAY THIS WELL WITH ALL THE PLAYERS THEY HAVE. IF I'M NOT MISTAKEN, THE SAINTS HAVE A LOT OF PLAYERS THAT HAS BEEN THERE AT LEAST 3 SEASONS. WHEN A TEAM HAS TIME TO MOLD, THEY BECOME A UNIT THAT THEY STRIVE FOR. THEY THINK ALIKE AND HAVE THE SAME HUNGER TO WIN. LOOK AT THEIR TOP NOTCH PLAYERS AND WHAT THEY DID AT THE COLLEGE THEY CAME FROM.

    WASHINGTON REDSKINS IS A YOUNG TEAM AND I THINK THAT IF YOU GIVE THEM TIME TO MOLD, IT WILL NOT MATTER WHAT THE SCHEDULE IS AS WELL. THERE ARE A LOT OF YOUNG TEAMS OUT THERE SUCH AS THE DETROIT LIONS AND EVEN THE RAIDERS THAT WILL DO GOOD IN A FEW YEARS.

    WITH THAT SAID, PLEASE DO NOT TAKE CREDIT FROM THE SAINTS WHEN THEY HAVE RIGHTFULLY EARNED THEIR SP0T. SURE THE SCHEDULE HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH IT, BUT MOST AND FORMOST IT IS THE CHARACTER OF THE PLAYERS AS WELL AS THEIR TALENT THAT DETERMINES THE GAMES. I CAN THINK OF MANY TEAMS THAT WILL BACK UP WHAT I'M SAYING. HERE ARE JUST A COUPLE:

    DENVER BRONCOS W/ JOHN ELWAY AS QB ERA

    JOE MONTANA AND THE 49ers

    THESE TEAMS MOLDED TOGETHER AND PLAYED GREAT WITH THE LEADERSHIP OF AWESOME QBs. YOU ARE ENTITLED TO YOUR OPINION BUT WHEN YOU START TAKING CREDIT FORM THE SAINTS BECUSE OF THEIR SCHEDULE, I THINK YOUR OUT OF LINE.

     

     



    interesting point...

    I still say if the Patriot game was in Foxborough, there would have been a different outcome...

    they haven't played anybody on the road...

    nobody...

    not one good team....

    they havn't played the Bengals, the Broncos, the Chargers, or the Cowboys, or the Cardinals, or the Colts, or the Patriots, or the Vikings, or Green Bay, or the Steelers on the road.... those are most of the teams in the playoff hunt.... how many of those teams have the Saints played outside of their home dome...

    Every team has been coming to them.....

    A HUGE factor for their undefeated season is the fact that their road opponents have been soft with the exception of Philly week 2....

    they barely escaped out of Buffalo in September.......

    I think Washington Covers at home because they have a good defense and they play outdoors..... Saints are a dome team....


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by 808pickyboy:

    COME ON MAN. WHO KNEW HOW THE TEAMS WILL PLAY IN THE BEGINING OF THE SEASON WHEN THEY MADE THE SCHEDULE. REMEMBER THAT EACH TEAM PICKED UP NEW PLAYERS FROM THE DRAFT OR TRADED FROM OTHER TEAMS. THE SAINTS WERE DESTINED TO PLAY THIS WELL WITH ALL THE PLAYERS THEY HAVE. IF I'M NOT MISTAKEN, THE SAINTS HAVE A LOT OF PLAYERS THAT HAS BEEN THERE AT LEAST 3 SEASONS. WHEN A TEAM HAS TIME TO MOLD, THEY BECOME A UNIT THAT THEY STRIVE FOR. THEY THINK ALIKE AND HAVE THE SAME HUNGER TO WIN. LOOK AT THEIR TOP NOTCH PLAYERS AND WHAT THEY DID AT THE COLLEGE THEY CAME FROM.

    WASHINGTON REDSKINS IS A YOUNG TEAM AND I THINK THAT IF YOU GIVE THEM TIME TO MOLD, IT WILL NOT MATTER WHAT THE SCHEDULE IS AS WELL. THERE ARE A LOT OF YOUNG TEAMS OUT THERE SUCH AS THE DETROIT LIONS AND EVEN THE RAIDERS THAT WILL DO GOOD IN A FEW YEARS.

    WITH THAT SAID, PLEASE DO NOT TAKE CREDIT FROM THE SAINTS WHEN THEY HAVE RIGHTFULLY EARNED THEIR SP0T. SURE THE SCHEDULE HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH IT, BUT MOST AND FORMOST IT IS THE CHARACTER OF THE PLAYERS AS WELL AS THEIR TALENT THAT DETERMINES THE GAMES. I CAN THINK OF MANY TEAMS THAT WILL BACK UP WHAT I'M SAYING. HERE ARE JUST A COUPLE:

    DENVER BRONCOS W/ JOHN ELWAY AS QB ERA

    JOE MONTANA AND THE 49ers

    THESE TEAMS MOLDED TOGETHER AND PLAYED GREAT WITH THE LEADERSHIP OF AWESOME QBs. YOU ARE ENTITLED TO YOUR OPINION BUT WHEN YOU START TAKING CREDIT FORM THE SAINTS BECUSE OF THEIR SCHEDULE, I THINK YOUR OUT OF LINE.

     

     



    interesting point...

    I still say if the Patriot game was in Foxborough, there would have been a different outcome...

    they haven't played anybody on the road...

    nobody...

    not one good team....

    they havn't played the Bengals, the Broncos, the Chargers, or the Cowboys, or the Cardinals, or the Colts, or the Patriots, or the Vikings, or Green Bay, or the Steelers on the road.... those are most of the teams in the playoff hunt.... how many of those teams have the Saints played outside of their home dome...

    Every team has been coming to them.....

    A HUGE factor for their undefeated season is the fact that their road opponents have been soft with the exception of Philly week 2....

    they barely escaped out of Buffalo in September.......

    I think Washington Covers at home because they have a good defense and they play outdoors..... Saints are a dome team....


     
    dddevin69
    dddevin69
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 1011
    Posted: Dec. 4, 2009 - 7:46 AM ET #37

    @dddevin:  not that you've ever struck me as an expert, but if you were paying attention to that kickoff, you'd notice that firstly, it caught the skins way off guard and there was definitely plenty of room for that to succeed.  There were at least 3 eagles ready to grab the ball 10 yards out if it wasn't for the d-bag who kicked the ball and screwed it all up.  Reid, who watches a lot of film, just noticed a flaw in the skins kickoff return game and tried to exploit it.  Being aggressive will always draw questioning, but playing passive is how to lose games.  Bellichek is the best example of an aggressive coach who shows that aggressive gameplans are more successful.  And to say that the only reason that the skins were in that game was because of that is straight ignorant.  The eagles had to come back and win that one late and even if the skins hadn't scored there, the eagles would have been down one going into that 8 point scoring drive.  Also how do you know that the skins wouldn't have scored anyways or that they wouldn't have had a solid return.  The percentages may have been smaller, but they would have all been very possible.

     

    All i'm saying is that if the rams can cover and keep it within a touchdown, how can anyone sit here and act like the redskins (with a better defense and improving, less prone to mistakes offense) can't?

    WAS +10

     

     

     

    hey, wang wang.....if the saints beat wash by 2 tds or more (I'm thinkin that might be what's going to happen)........this post is going to look a lil silly.  No one on here is an expert except in their mamma's basement. but compared to u wang, I guess I'm a modern day jimmy the greek.  comparing the Deadskins to the Ram's sitn may be a lil premature (dumb).  if anything that's more incentive for the Skins to get lit up.  U know I'm going to hold this over u if the Saints light the skins up by 14 or more. If the Skins cover obviously I'm going to look like a moron.  but I kinda doubt it

    Reply

    @dddevin:  not that you've ever struck me as an expert, but if you were paying attention to that kickoff, you'd notice that firstly, it caught the skins way off guard and there was definitely plenty of room for that to succeed.  There were at least 3 eagles ready to grab the ball 10 yards out if it wasn't for the d-bag who kicked the ball and screwed it all up.  Reid, who watches a lot of film, just noticed a flaw in the skins kickoff return game and tried to exploit it.  Being aggressive will always draw questioning, but playing passive is how to lose games.  Bellichek is the best example of an aggressive coach who shows that aggressive gameplans are more successful.  And to say that the only reason that the skins were in that game was because of that is straight ignorant.  The eagles had to come back and win that one late and even if the skins hadn't scored there, the eagles would have been down one going into that 8 point scoring drive.  Also how do you know that the skins wouldn't have scored anyways or that they wouldn't have had a solid return.  The percentages may have been smaller, but they would have all been very possible.

     

    All i'm saying is that if the rams can cover and keep it within a touchdown, how can anyone sit here and act like the redskins (with a better defense and improving, less prone to mistakes offense) can't?

    WAS +10

     

     

     

    hey, wang wang.....if the saints beat wash by 2 tds or more (I'm thinkin that might be what's going to happen)........this post is going to look a lil silly.  No one on here is an expert except in their mamma's basement. but compared to u wang, I guess I'm a modern day jimmy the greek.  comparing the Deadskins to the Ram's sitn may be a lil premature (dumb).  if anything that's more incentive for the Skins to get lit up.  U know I'm going to hold this over u if the Saints light the skins up by 14 or more. If the Skins cover obviously I'm going to look like a moron.  but I kinda doubt it

     
    NHPatsFan
    NHPatsFan
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 52
    Posted: Dec. 4, 2009 - 2:22 PM ET #38

    I thought the Pats would win SU last week, and wow, was I wrong.  NO is a power house, and if they can do what they did to Brady and the boys last week, no one will even come close.  Five TD's to five receivers?  Drew Brees is an animal.  Washington has a great pass defense, but I highly doubt they contain this beast.  Plus, they can't score.  Loving NO here by 2 TD's
    Reply
    I thought the Pats would win SU last week, and wow, was I wrong.  NO is a power house, and if they can do what they did to Brady and the boys last week, no one will even come close.  Five TD's to five receivers?  Drew Brees is an animal.  Washington has a great pass defense, but I highly doubt they contain this beast.  Plus, they can't score.  Loving NO here by 2 TD's
     
    NHPatsFan
    NHPatsFan
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 52
    Posted: Dec. 4, 2009 - 2:23 PM ET #39

    Forgot to mention Portis is out.  Rock who?  I don't think they have a chance
    Reply
    Forgot to mention Portis is out.  Rock who?  I don't think they have a chance
     
    coltpower
    coltpower
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 99
    Posted: Dec. 4, 2009 - 3:54 PM ET #40

    Wow , a lot of smack going on here, Those of you thinking the Skins cover are going to be a little poorer come Sunday afternoon though. The Saints will come out smokin again. The Vikings are right on their heels, and if they finish with the same record, the Vikes get home field. Saints to win against a very mediocre Redskins team.
    Reply
    Wow , a lot of smack going on here, Those of you thinking the Skins cover are going to be a little poorer come Sunday afternoon though. The Saints will come out smokin again. The Vikings are right on their heels, and if they finish with the same record, the Vikes get home field. Saints to win against a very mediocre Redskins team.
     
    BreakaBookie
    BreakaBookie
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 1743
    Posted: Dec. 4, 2009 - 4:54 PM ET #41

    what I was trying to say before is that I would not take Washington with the points, because I don't think it's a smart BET even though I think they will cover....

     

    I also was making the point that I don't think it's smart to lay this many points on the road, dome team outside, after a big win on Monday Night Football, after short rest, against a decent Washington Defense...

     

    I am probably going to stay away from this game.... but I posted here to express the fact that I think it's smart to take the Saints in a dome laying that many points at home, as opposed to on the road....

     

     

    Reply

    what I was trying to say before is that I would not take Washington with the points, because I don't think it's a smart BET even though I think they will cover....

     

    I also was making the point that I don't think it's smart to lay this many points on the road, dome team outside, after a big win on Monday Night Football, after short rest, against a decent Washington Defense...

     

    I am probably going to stay away from this game.... but I posted here to express the fact that I think it's smart to take the Saints in a dome laying that many points at home, as opposed to on the road....

     

     

     
    808pickyboy
    808pickyboy
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 537
    Posted: Dec. 5, 2009 - 1:41 AM ET #42

    Quote Originally Posted by BreakaBookie:

    what I was trying to say before is that I would not take Washington with the points, because I don't think it's a smart BET even though I think they will cover....

     

    I also was making the point that I don't think it's smart to lay this many points on the road, dome team outside, after a big win on Monday Night Football, after short rest, against a decent Washington Defense...

     

    I am probably going to stay away from this game.... but I posted here to express the fact that I think it's smart to take the Saints in a dome laying that many points at home, as opposed to on the road....

     

     


    GOT YOUR POINT BRAH. COOL. IT IS PROBABLY A SMART IDEA TO STAY AWAY FROM BETTING ON THIS GAME AND JUST SIT BACK AND ENJOY THIS GAME, BUT I AM A DIE HARD SAINTS FAN AND I BELEVE THAT THEY ARE OUT TO MAKE A STATEMENT AND SET THE BAR FOR EVERYONE ELSE TO FOLLOW. THAT IS MOTIVATION ENOUGH TO KNOW THAT THEY WILL BE GIVING 150 % ON EVERY DOWN IN EVERY GAME THEY PLAY. (808ALLDAY)


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by BreakaBookie:

    what I was trying to say before is that I would not take Washington with the points, because I don't think it's a smart BET even though I think they will cover....

     

    I also was making the point that I don't think it's smart to lay this many points on the road, dome team outside, after a big win on Monday Night Football, after short rest, against a decent Washington Defense...

     

    I am probably going to stay away from this game.... but I posted here to express the fact that I think it's smart to take the Saints in a dome laying that many points at home, as opposed to on the road....

     

     


    GOT YOUR POINT BRAH. COOL. IT IS PROBABLY A SMART IDEA TO STAY AWAY FROM BETTING ON THIS GAME AND JUST SIT BACK AND ENJOY THIS GAME, BUT I AM A DIE HARD SAINTS FAN AND I BELEVE THAT THEY ARE OUT TO MAKE A STATEMENT AND SET THE BAR FOR EVERYONE ELSE TO FOLLOW. THAT IS MOTIVATION ENOUGH TO KNOW THAT THEY WILL BE GIVING 150 % ON EVERY DOWN IN EVERY GAME THEY PLAY. (808ALLDAY)


     
    zOrO-GZA
    zOrO-GZA
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 730
    Posted: Dec. 5, 2009 - 7:56 AM ET #43

    Washington just suck big time... how in the hell can you take the points here? no way...

    New Orleans -10 (+105) [1 Unit]

    Reply

    Washington just suck big time... how in the hell can you take the points here? no way...

    New Orleans -10 (+105) [1 Unit]

     
    Radiators
    Radiators
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 2937
    Posted: Dec. 5, 2009 - 10:47 AM ET #44

    high over for a pathetic Wash. team

    Tells me Saints will score here so I will take Saints -10

    Reply

    high over for a pathetic Wash. team

    Tells me Saints will score here so I will take Saints -10

     
    dsteele23
    dsteele23
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 178
    Posted: Dec. 5, 2009 - 4:52 PM ET #45

    wash will have to score at least 24 to maybe cover the 9.5 the question is can they score that or any. the only thing keepin this line out of the teens is wash.d. give me the brees
    Reply
    wash will have to score at least 24 to maybe cover the 9.5 the question is can they score that or any. the only thing keepin this line out of the teens is wash.d. give me the brees
     
    HeadOverHeart
    HeadOverHeart
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 22502
    Posted: Dec. 5, 2009 - 6:03 PM ET #46

    Quote Originally Posted by Warblade:

    Brees is a perfectionist. The man loses sleep when he misses an easy pass. If there's anyone being laid back in this game, it won't be him.

    There are virtually no superstars on this team anymore. They're a bunch of young players, rookies, and free agents who make the most out of their playing time. So, I have a hard time seeing a letdown. If one player fails to play up to their potential, Sean Peyton will bench him, and put in the next guy, and the next guy. My only concern is our band-aid defense. But they show that they can play on par with the offense.

    People think after beating the Patriots, this team will have a let down, or sleep walk through the next game. If anything, that game brought them more confidence and respect for their capability. This team has a history of losing, and now has the support of the city, and the entire state of Louisiana behind them. I doubt they would disappoint.

    Who Dat!!!


    Well said.  Intelligent and to the point. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblade:

    Brees is a perfectionist. The man loses sleep when he misses an easy pass. If there's anyone being laid back in this game, it won't be him.

    There are virtually no superstars on this team anymore. They're a bunch of young players, rookies, and free agents who make the most out of their playing time. So, I have a hard time seeing a letdown. If one player fails to play up to their potential, Sean Peyton will bench him, and put in the next guy, and the next guy. My only concern is our band-aid defense. But they show that they can play on par with the offense.

    People think after beating the Patriots, this team will have a let down, or sleep walk through the next game. If anything, that game brought them more confidence and respect for their capability. This team has a history of losing, and now has the support of the city, and the entire state of Louisiana behind them. I doubt they would disappoint.

    Who Dat!!!


    Well said.  Intelligent and to the point. 
     
    HeadOverHeart
    HeadOverHeart
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 22502
    Posted: Dec. 5, 2009 - 6:08 PM ET #47

    Better games on the board than this, but for my .02, all those who are betting Washington because they think the Saints will have a letdown, need to read Warblade's post.

    Also, with the Vikings right on their heels, plus the fact that the one loss for the Vikings was an AFC game, whereas a loss versus the Redskins would be an NFC Conference loss, THERE IS NO LETDOWN FEVER IN THE SAINTS TEAM.

    That is the official word.

    FYI.
    Reply
    Better games on the board than this, but for my .02, all those who are betting Washington because they think the Saints will have a letdown, need to read Warblade's post.

    Also, with the Vikings right on their heels, plus the fact that the one loss for the Vikings was an AFC game, whereas a loss versus the Redskins would be an NFC Conference loss, THERE IS NO LETDOWN FEVER IN THE SAINTS TEAM.

    That is the official word.

    FYI.
     
    HeadOverHeart
    HeadOverHeart
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 22502
    Posted: Dec. 5, 2009 - 6:09 PM ET #48

    Quote Originally Posted by Air_Macks:

    Hey I didn't post on that Pats/Saints thread, but I do remember reading people bicker and clown about someone making bold predictions about the final score -- 808pickyboy.

    everyone ragged on this guy's prediction and formula, but whether it was sheer luck or true wit -- I give you props man. Not only did you predict a lower margin of victory, but the Saints coverd +3 over your spread.

    Nicely done man. With that said, WHO DAT!!

    P.S. - I'm sick of people bandwagoning and using the SAINTS on Madden after these last couple of weeks tho.



    I have been playin' the Saints since Tecmo Bowl on Nintendo 8-bit.  So no hatin' on me, mate! 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Air_Macks:

    Hey I didn't post on that Pats/Saints thread, but I do remember reading people bicker and clown about someone making bold predictions about the final score -- 808pickyboy.

    everyone ragged on this guy's prediction and formula, but whether it was sheer luck or true wit -- I give you props man. Not only did you predict a lower margin of victory, but the Saints coverd +3 over your spread.

    Nicely done man. With that said, WHO DAT!!

    P.S. - I'm sick of people bandwagoning and using the SAINTS on Madden after these last couple of weeks tho.



    I have been playin' the Saints since Tecmo Bowl on Nintendo 8-bit.  So no hatin' on me, mate! 
     
    coltpower
    coltpower
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 99
    Posted: Dec. 5, 2009 - 6:31 PM ET #49

    It's getting closer to fruition :

    Colts vs. Saints in the Super Bowl !!

    Reply

    It's getting closer to fruition :

    Colts vs. Saints in the Super Bowl !!

     
     
    808pickyboy
    808pickyboy
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 537
    Posted: Dec. 5, 2009 - 9:50 PM ET #50

    Quote Originally Posted by jkfasy:

    Brees out

    J ust reached puberty,

    K inda retarted,

    F uckin ignorant,

    A noyingly around,

    S tupid is my last name,

    Y oyo born out of an asshole,

    DOES ANYONE HAVE SOMETHING BETTER THAN THIS?

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by jkfasy:

    Brees out

    J ust reached puberty,

    K inda retarted,

    F uckin ignorant,

    A noyingly around,

    S tupid is my last name,

    Y oyo born out of an asshole,

    DOES ANYONE HAVE SOMETHING BETTER THAN THIS?

    All Forums | Pro Football
    «First Previous 1234 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 456,613
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 267,476
    • Friday 10/02/2026 913
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,691
    • **$$$ MD Friday 10/2 $$$** 9,502
    • PART DEUX 305
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 32,132
    • Trump's legacy? 33,915
    • Delaware QB Nick Minicucci 4,787
    • Happening just recently . . . 36,973

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.