• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Website Promotions

    Lets talk about locals

    123 Next Last»
    BET THE HOOK
    DallasCapper
    IowaHawk125
    thedegenerate
    vancleaveb
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 5994
    Posts: 64
    123 Next Last»
     
    BET THE HOOK
    BET THE HOOK
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2006
    Posts: 1089
    Posted: Aug. 1, 2012 - 11:39 PM ET #1

    I started a week ago looking for a decent local and found a little bit of everything. A couple seemed legit,a couple seem bogus. Some call you 10 times a day looking for a post up and some call you 20 times a day like you dont work and just sit by the phone all day.

    So lets say you post up 10% to get a credit limit of 2k. You show good faith by doing that but how do you know you would even get paid if you won. I am smoking 2 of them and losing to one of them.

    All of this pain in the rear has made me almost want to take my personal money and set up a legit book myself for football season at a per head shop. Any thoughts from anybody? After all I have money and assets so covering the wins and losses but is it more of a pain in the butt that it would be fun? I just got tired of trying to move substantial amounts of money in and out of the offshore books.

    So of all the so called locals on here at covers any comments good or bad about any of the ones here?

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    I started a week ago looking for a decent local and found a little bit of everything. A couple seemed legit,a couple seem bogus. Some call you 10 times a day looking for a post up and some call you 20 times a day like you dont work and just sit by the phone all day.

    So lets say you post up 10% to get a credit limit of 2k. You show good faith by doing that but how do you know you would even get paid if you won. I am smoking 2 of them and losing to one of them.

    All of this pain in the rear has made me almost want to take my personal money and set up a legit book myself for football season at a per head shop. Any thoughts from anybody? After all I have money and assets so covering the wins and losses but is it more of a pain in the butt that it would be fun? I just got tired of trying to move substantial amounts of money in and out of the offshore books.

    So of all the so called locals on here at covers any comments good or bad about any of the ones here?

     
    DallasCapper
    DallasCapper
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2011
    Posts: 145
    Posted: Aug. 2, 2012 - 1:05 AM ET #2

    Having dealt with a number of players from covers.com I can say this. As with all things, experience is key. And after dealing with players from here for a period of time it becomes rather easy to tell who is a stiff or scammer and who is a legitimately honest player. 

    I will say this, about 2 out of every 3 players I meet on covers are stiffs or scammers. Whereas when it comes to meeting clients locally and in person about 1 out of every 10 is a stiff. 

    As for setting up shop. If you know a number of people that are good for the money and like to wager on sports then it won't be too difficult to start up. If you don't know many or any players then building your initial core of GOOD and HONEST players (about 10 or so fine gentlemen) takes a good 6 months or so. After that your clientele usually grows much quicker. 

    If you have any more questions, comments or concerns about getting started feel free to friend request me and private message me.

    Thanks.

    Reply
    Having dealt with a number of players from covers.com I can say this. As with all things, experience is key. And after dealing with players from here for a period of time it becomes rather easy to tell who is a stiff or scammer and who is a legitimately honest player. 

    I will say this, about 2 out of every 3 players I meet on covers are stiffs or scammers. Whereas when it comes to meeting clients locally and in person about 1 out of every 10 is a stiff. 

    As for setting up shop. If you know a number of people that are good for the money and like to wager on sports then it won't be too difficult to start up. If you don't know many or any players then building your initial core of GOOD and HONEST players (about 10 or so fine gentlemen) takes a good 6 months or so. After that your clientele usually grows much quicker. 

    If you have any more questions, comments or concerns about getting started feel free to friend request me and private message me.

    Thanks.

     
    IowaHawk125
    IowaHawk125
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2012
    Posts: 21
    Posted: Aug. 2, 2012 - 9:04 AM ET #3

    BTH- i have experienced the same on here.  Not one person is legit on here, but I was dumb enough to post up a percentage to 2 donkeys here and then they run.  Lesson learned.  There may be a diamond in the rough here but i doubt it.  I have considered the same thing as you, but i don't think i have it in me.  I'd be looking over my shoulder too much.
    Reply
    BTH- i have experienced the same on here.  Not one person is legit on here, but I was dumb enough to post up a percentage to 2 donkeys here and then they run.  Lesson learned.  There may be a diamond in the rough here but i doubt it.  I have considered the same thing as you, but i don't think i have it in me.  I'd be looking over my shoulder too much.
     
    BET THE HOOK
    BET THE HOOK
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2006
    Posts: 1089
    Posted: Aug. 2, 2012 - 9:17 AM ET #4

    I think the way these guys work is that if you lose they blow your phone up every day til settle up day and if youre winning you dont hear from them til you call. Its all good though. I am not so worried about the money. I just want to know that if I won, the guy I am paying out would have paid me. Probably not. I hit  of 4 places I played this week so we will se. I only played 2 days on this past week. All of them but one of the books said we need to carry over and have a full week of wagering and then settle up. Thats the way it should probably be but of course the place I lost wants to collect after the 2 days and the places I won want to carry over for a full week. I bet they are all scammers and I should just keep playing at Heritage and set up shop myself and be very selective with my clients.
    Reply
    I think the way these guys work is that if you lose they blow your phone up every day til settle up day and if youre winning you dont hear from them til you call. Its all good though. I am not so worried about the money. I just want to know that if I won, the guy I am paying out would have paid me. Probably not. I hit  of 4 places I played this week so we will se. I only played 2 days on this past week. All of them but one of the books said we need to carry over and have a full week of wagering and then settle up. Thats the way it should probably be but of course the place I lost wants to collect after the 2 days and the places I won want to carry over for a full week. I bet they are all scammers and I should just keep playing at Heritage and set up shop myself and be very selective with my clients.
     
    BET THE HOOK
    BET THE HOOK
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2006
    Posts: 1089
    Posted: Aug. 2, 2012 - 9:20 AM ET #5

    I meant I hit 3 of 4 places I played. The losers carry over and the winner wants to collect. I played 2 days before cut off with them all. I think we should play a full week through and then settle but its no big deal. Its not alot of money. I just want to feel like I would have been paid myself.
    Reply
    I meant I hit 3 of 4 places I played. The losers carry over and the winner wants to collect. I played 2 days before cut off with them all. I think we should play a full week through and then settle but its no big deal. Its not alot of money. I just want to feel like I would have been paid myself.
     
    thedegenerate
    thedegenerate
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2004
    Posts: 22102
    Posted: Aug. 2, 2012 - 11:54 AM ET #6

    covers is full of scammers.  you can throw that into any parlay!!!  lol.  there are a few guys here that are stand up but you need to watch yourself thats for sure. 
    Reply
    covers is full of scammers.  you can throw that into any parlay!!!  lol.  there are a few guys here that are stand up but you need to watch yourself thats for sure. 
     
    vancleaveb
    vancleaveb
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2010
    Posts: 65
    Posted: Aug. 2, 2012 - 1:23 PM ET #7

    You always see the posts for scammers.  But nobody ever seems to post saying a guy is legit (except the scammer himself).

    Has anyone found a local that they have built a good relationship with, while here on Covers?  
    Reply
    You always see the posts for scammers.  But nobody ever seems to post saying a guy is legit (except the scammer himself).

    Has anyone found a local that they have built a good relationship with, while here on Covers?  
     
    DallasCapper
    DallasCapper
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2011
    Posts: 145
    Posted: Aug. 2, 2012 - 2:22 PM ET #8

    Quote Originally Posted by vancleaveb:

    You always see the posts for scammers.  But nobody ever seems to post saying a guy is legit (except the scammer himself).

    Has anyone found a local that they have built a good relationship with, while here on Covers?  

    I agree with you Van. Although I can just imagine if that were to occur the accusations of aliases and falsely praising a legit book.

    Where in California are you?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by vancleaveb:

    You always see the posts for scammers.  But nobody ever seems to post saying a guy is legit (except the scammer himself).

    Has anyone found a local that they have built a good relationship with, while here on Covers?  

    I agree with you Van. Although I can just imagine if that were to occur the accusations of aliases and falsely praising a legit book.

    Where in California are you?
     
    BET THE HOOK
    BET THE HOOK
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2006
    Posts: 1089
    Posted: Aug. 2, 2012 - 3:54 PM ET #9

    One good stand up guy with a little money could make a good living and help out alot of players.One thing for sure is that the offshore industr is turned to crap and way too many scammers out there. I am trying to weed through a few now but its tough. A few owe me money and I owe one myself. I have no problem with the money at all. Just a few other issues. Why dont one of you guys with some money and credibility set up shop and help us all. I have the money and credibility but just not the time to do it myself. I own 2 businesses and work 70+ a week and cant handle the phone that comes with it. My radio commercial blows my phone up enough.
    Reply
    One good stand up guy with a little money could make a good living and help out alot of players.One thing for sure is that the offshore industr is turned to crap and way too many scammers out there. I am trying to weed through a few now but its tough. A few owe me money and I owe one myself. I have no problem with the money at all. Just a few other issues. Why dont one of you guys with some money and credibility set up shop and help us all. I have the money and credibility but just not the time to do it myself. I own 2 businesses and work 70+ a week and cant handle the phone that comes with it. My radio commercial blows my phone up enough.
     
    mokando
    mokando
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2012
    Posts: 54
    Posted: Aug. 2, 2012 - 9:22 PM ET #10

    I know from experience that covers is one of the worst places for a book and players. 99 out of 100 players on covers are looking to free roll, stiff, or lose then claim they are owed. I can give you a list. Lots of books looking to stiff if the player wins or run with a post up. As a book I have experience here both getting stiffed and false claims. Part of doing business I guess. My general rule is to stick with guys I can meet in person. As a previous person stated, you might find 1 in 20 looking to actually stiff. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
    Reply
    I know from experience that covers is one of the worst places for a book and players. 99 out of 100 players on covers are looking to free roll, stiff, or lose then claim they are owed. I can give you a list. Lots of books looking to stiff if the player wins or run with a post up. As a book I have experience here both getting stiffed and false claims. Part of doing business I guess. My general rule is to stick with guys I can meet in person. As a previous person stated, you might find 1 in 20 looking to actually stiff. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
     
    bogie55
    bogie55
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2011
    Posts: 8
    Posted: Aug. 3, 2012 - 6:56 PM ET #11

    I agree. There are many scammers out there. But there are also some stand up guys. I have gotten some players from here that have worked out
    Reply
    I agree. There are many scammers out there. But there are also some stand up guys. I have gotten some players from here that have worked out
     
    thedegenerate
    thedegenerate
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2004
    Posts: 22102
    Posted: Aug. 3, 2012 - 7:11 PM ET #12

    bogie.........what other name you use here at covers?
    Reply
    bogie.........what other name you use here at covers?
     
    bogie55
    bogie55
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2011
    Posts: 8
    Posted: Aug. 3, 2012 - 7:24 PM ET #13

    None. Just adding some input yo conversation
    Reply
    None. Just adding some input yo conversation
     
    BET THE HOOK
    BET THE HOOK
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2006
    Posts: 1089
    Posted: Aug. 3, 2012 - 7:32 PM ET #14

    Hey Degenerate you have been here since 2004 2 years longer than myself. We have seen alot here. We have seen them come and go and use different names etc. Are there any of these so called locals that you can say anything for sure about good or bad? I am currently checking out a few of them to see who is real and who isnt.

    A few owe me money,I owe one money,a few wanted 10% post up,and one even said no post up necessary. I signed up with them all on Saturday and 3 of them said we would play through a full week and settle which is customary and one wanted to settle immediately after just 2 days of play which spooked me a little along with his 100+ texts and 5 calls a day. He made me feel like I was his only account. My old bookie back home didnt want to talk to you but once a week and this guy called me all day everyday. Most mornings I had missed his call when I got to my work truck because I leave my phone outside after work alot. Do you know anything concrete about any of these guys? I am going to settle up with each and every one but only after a week of play. My word and money is good as gold. I just hope theirs is as well.

    Reply

    Hey Degenerate you have been here since 2004 2 years longer than myself. We have seen alot here. We have seen them come and go and use different names etc. Are there any of these so called locals that you can say anything for sure about good or bad? I am currently checking out a few of them to see who is real and who isnt.

    A few owe me money,I owe one money,a few wanted 10% post up,and one even said no post up necessary. I signed up with them all on Saturday and 3 of them said we would play through a full week and settle which is customary and one wanted to settle immediately after just 2 days of play which spooked me a little along with his 100+ texts and 5 calls a day. He made me feel like I was his only account. My old bookie back home didnt want to talk to you but once a week and this guy called me all day everyday. Most mornings I had missed his call when I got to my work truck because I leave my phone outside after work alot. Do you know anything concrete about any of these guys? I am going to settle up with each and every one but only after a week of play. My word and money is good as gold. I just hope theirs is as well.

     
    nochance23
    nochance23
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2010
    Posts: 23
    Posted: Aug. 3, 2012 - 7:35 PM ET #15

    mokando... Do you still have clients from covers?
    Reply
    mokando... Do you still have clients from covers?
     
    bogie55
    bogie55
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2011
    Posts: 8
    Posted: Aug. 3, 2012 - 7:38 PM ET #16

    I have players from here that have Been with me for two years and some have stiffed. U have to do due diligence and give low limits to start until you build a relationship
    Reply
    I have players from here that have Been with me for two years and some have stiffed. U have to do due diligence and give low limits to start until you build a relationship
     
    mokando
    mokando
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2012
    Posts: 54
    Posted: Aug. 4, 2012 - 3:48 AM ET #17

    Quote Originally Posted by nochance23:

    mokando... Do you still have clients from covers?

    As some other posters mentioned there are a handful of honest guys on covers. For me I decided it wasn't worth the hassle of dealing with people that I can't meet in person, which means I only have 1 guy from covers. Best places to meet a local book are bars, poker games (private or in a casino), barbershop, bondsmen, or via referral from a friend. Just my 2 cents.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by nochance23:

    mokando... Do you still have clients from covers?

    As some other posters mentioned there are a handful of honest guys on covers. For me I decided it wasn't worth the hassle of dealing with people that I can't meet in person, which means I only have 1 guy from covers. Best places to meet a local book are bars, poker games (private or in a casino), barbershop, bondsmen, or via referral from a friend. Just my 2 cents.
     
    tampaman
    tampaman
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2011
    Posts: 126
    Posted: Aug. 5, 2012 - 9:00 AM ET #18

    BET THE HOOK NEEDS TO PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH
    Tampasports
    Reply
    BET THE HOOK NEEDS TO PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH
     
    CrimsonRide
    CrimsonRide
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2011
    Posts: 624
    Posted: Aug. 5, 2012 - 9:27 AM ET #19

    Quote Originally Posted by tampaman:

    BET THE HOOK NEEDS TO PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH

    Is this Chris Tanner? TampaSports.com guy who sells his picks and has stiffed over 4 clients and has the balls to say, "bet the hook" needs to practice what he preaches? Scott, tell everyone the scam you run and give a bad name to agents who actually pay and help guys. Tampaman aka Chris Tanner and David White will share a specific place in hell together 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by tampaman:

    BET THE HOOK NEEDS TO PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH

    Is this Chris Tanner? TampaSports.com guy who sells his picks and has stiffed over 4 clients and has the balls to say, "bet the hook" needs to practice what he preaches? Scott, tell everyone the scam you run and give a bad name to agents who actually pay and help guys. Tampaman aka Chris Tanner and David White will share a specific place in hell together 
     
    tampaman
    tampaman
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2011
    Posts: 126
    Posted: Aug. 5, 2012 - 9:30 AM ET #20

    crimsonride yea i am tampasports guy but don't stiff my people so get it straight before you open your trap. you must be related to o.c bookie who stiffed me a couple of months ago
    Tampasports
    Reply
    crimsonride yea i am tampasports guy but don't stiff my people so get it straight before you open your trap. you must be related to o.c bookie who stiffed me a couple of months ago
     
    CrimsonRide
    CrimsonRide
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2011
    Posts: 624
    Posted: Aug. 5, 2012 - 9:48 AM ET #21

    Quote Originally Posted by tampaman:

    crimsonride yea i am tampasports guy but don't stiff my people so get it straight before you open your trap. you must be related to o.c bookie who stiffed me a couple of months ago

    Not at all... So you didn't stiff a guy from Alabama who I met and is playing with a local here, that has even shown MG's and texts he saved from you guys conversation. Yea, you might want to change your tune before you stiff another soul. You owe that guy at least 5k, and he sated and has proven in his betting tickets he saved with pics that he was def owed. But being the slick  rat you are, you continue to tell people you're a good guy. If anyone has question here, and would like Tampamans info, feel free to PM me
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by tampaman:

    crimsonride yea i am tampasports guy but don't stiff my people so get it straight before you open your trap. you must be related to o.c bookie who stiffed me a couple of months ago

    Not at all... So you didn't stiff a guy from Alabama who I met and is playing with a local here, that has even shown MG's and texts he saved from you guys conversation. Yea, you might want to change your tune before you stiff another soul. You owe that guy at least 5k, and he sated and has proven in his betting tickets he saved with pics that he was def owed. But being the slick  rat you are, you continue to tell people you're a good guy. If anyone has question here, and would like Tampamans info, feel free to PM me
     
    tampaman
    tampaman
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2011
    Posts: 126
    Posted: Aug. 5, 2012 - 9:50 AM ET #22

    hey fuckin asshole show the tickets here go ahead and what site was he betting on please do tell
    Tampasports
    Reply
    hey fuckin asshole show the tickets here go ahead and what site was he betting on please do tell
     
    CrimsonRide
    CrimsonRide
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2011
    Posts: 624
    Posted: Aug. 5, 2012 - 10:00 AM ET #23

    Quote Originally Posted by tampaman:

    hey fuckin asshole show the tickets here go ahead and what site was he betting on please do tell

    Not getting in a pissing contest with a scam artist. I'd rather invest in the Nigerian scam before I'd let anyone play with you and get scammed. I already put it out there that of anyone had questions or proof, to PM me and I'll get them the info on you. No need to share here and get the mods upset or get in a shouting match. When your police record and arrest shows fraud and 4 counts of it in Pinnelas county, aka Tampa, that alone should be enough for people to run.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by tampaman:

    hey fuckin asshole show the tickets here go ahead and what site was he betting on please do tell

    Not getting in a pissing contest with a scam artist. I'd rather invest in the Nigerian scam before I'd let anyone play with you and get scammed. I already put it out there that of anyone had questions or proof, to PM me and I'll get them the info on you. No need to share here and get the mods upset or get in a shouting match. When your police record and arrest shows fraud and 4 counts of it in Pinnelas county, aka Tampa, that alone should be enough for people to run.
     
    tampaman
    tampaman
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2011
    Posts: 126
    Posted: Aug. 5, 2012 - 10:05 AM ET #24

    lol 4 counts ok yea was arrested several years ago and it had to do with stock market b.s with friends and got caught it was no biggie and not afraid to hide anything. so maybe you are really the stiff here and trying to make another person on here look bad but oh well.  YOU THE MAN HERE BIG BOY 
    Tampasports
    Reply
    lol 4 counts ok yea was arrested several years ago and it had to do with stock market b.s with friends and got caught it was no biggie and not afraid to hide anything. so maybe you are really the stiff here and trying to make another person on here look bad but oh well.  YOU THE MAN HERE BIG BOY 
     
     
    CrimsonRide
    CrimsonRide
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2011
    Posts: 624
    Posted: Aug. 5, 2012 - 10:08 AM ET #25

    Quote Originally Posted by tampaman:

    lol 4 counts ok yea was arrested several years ago and it had to do with stock market b.s with friends and got caught it was no biggie and not afraid to hide anything. so maybe you are really the stiff here and trying to make another person on here look bad but oh well.  YOU THE MAN HERE BIG BOY 

    All they have to do is google Chris Tanner and there is more negative info than they'll ever need. A leopard never changes it's spots...  Done here, of anyone has questions PM me...
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by tampaman:

    lol 4 counts ok yea was arrested several years ago and it had to do with stock market b.s with friends and got caught it was no biggie and not afraid to hide anything. so maybe you are really the stiff here and trying to make another person on here look bad but oh well.  YOU THE MAN HERE BIG BOY 

    All they have to do is google Chris Tanner and there is more negative info than they'll ever need. A leopard never changes it's spots...  Done here, of anyone has questions PM me...
    All Forums | Website Promotions
    123 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 456,328
    • Friday 10/02/2026 905
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 266,307
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 31,097
    • Steelers vs Browns in-game live TNF 2,122
    • Week 5 Money 6,812
    • NCAA WEEK 5 ***Mission Impossible: Fade me and win *** 5,390
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,754
    • Delaware QB Nick Minicucci 4,051
    • We have picked a terrible time to have the stupidest president ever 30,593

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.