• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Boxing

    Forrest-Baldomir Prediction Thread

    «First Previous 123456 Next Last»
    throwback420
    PUSHING-IT
    BOXEO
    thecarter
    Fullbrights
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 2904
    Posts: 127
    «First Previous 123456 Next Last»
     
    throwback420
    throwback420
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2005
    Posts: 44449
    Posted: Jul. 28, 2007 - 2:09 AM ET #76

    Baldy is gonna KO Forrest
    Reply
    Baldy is gonna KO Forrest
     
    PUSHING-IT
    PUSHING-IT
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 2596
    Posted: Jul. 28, 2007 - 4:10 AM ET #77

    Got VF -185 this guy was a wor;ld class athlete that fought the best Baldy beat a ill preped Judah and a Washed Gotti! Querteys getting Gotti in 2 and beating Judah late,Forrest is no Joke!
    Reply
    Got VF -185 this guy was a wor;ld class athlete that fought the best Baldy beat a ill preped Judah and a Washed Gotti! Querteys getting Gotti in 2 and beating Judah late,Forrest is no Joke!
     
    BOXEO
    BOXEO
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 385
    Posted: Jul. 28, 2007 - 11:32 AM ET #78

    Hey Gang,

     

    Well, today we have Forrest and Baldomir doing battle for a "title" at 154 pounds. There are a lot of questions surrounding both fighters with CB moving up in weight, and Forrest's never ending list of injuries that really have appeared to hindered his entire boxing career.

     

    On paper this fight appears to be a mismatch. Forrest has the height, reach, and weight (although Forrest rarely fights these days) advantage, as well as a huge edge in amateur and professional quality of opposition. CB has 13 losses and his biggest wins are over the talented, but flaky Judah, and a weathered Arturo Gatti. Now, I must say, I thought Quartey beat Forrest, and in my opinion he (Forrest) looked terrible in that fight. I felt his injuries were still ever present, and his inactivity really has done nothing but hurt him once he steps in the ring.

     

    CB is a tough guy that comes forward in a plodding type style. Anyway who compares CB to Mayorga’s style is out of their mind. Mayorga comes at you with reckless abandonment that is nowhere near the style of Baldomir. Also, don’t forget that Mayorga punches much harder the CB.

     

    If Forrest is able to use his long jab, and drop a few right hands on the noggin’ of Baldomir just to keep him tentative enough that he waits a bit too long before he applies EFFECTIVE pressure on Forrest, I think he will have laid the perfect plan down to beat Baldomir. I would also hope Forrest would focus a bit to the body of CB, but that is something we will have to wait and see. I don’t put much stock into the bodywork of Forrest (he lost a point for a low blow against Ike.)

     

    Of course I must factor in Forrest’s injuries and the fact his arm may fall right off in the ring, but even an injured Forrest can still beat CB. Forrest is a seasoned fighter and knows what he is doing in the ring. He has been fighting with these injuries for so long should his arm fall off; he would simply use his better hand and his still relatively fresh legs to halt the attack of Baldomir.

     

    I think this is a case where Forrest is just the overall better fighter and should he lose to Baldomir, his career is over. If he cannot beat the plodding in your face style of CB, he has little chance against the elite guys in the game.

     

    If Forrest is still truly injured (are these injuries ever going to heal?) but functioning at least 65 percent or better, he will do just enough to beat CB over the 12 round distance. I imagine if he is injured CB will have some nice rounds where Forrest tries to conserve his limbs, but I still see him doing enough to win.

     

    Should Forrest come into this bout relatively healthy (85 percent or better) I think he has a real chance to stop CB. I know, he has a chin of granite, but he does also swell and cut very easily. He has no defense and a healthy Forrest will be cracking him all night with one-two’s that will mark up his face. He may still be standing when it is stopped, but a healthy Forrest will have plenty of opportunities to lay some leather to the face of Baldomir.

     

    Boxeo Bets: Forrest -155
    Reply

    Hey Gang,

     

    Well, today we have Forrest and Baldomir doing battle for a "title" at 154 pounds. There are a lot of questions surrounding both fighters with CB moving up in weight, and Forrest's never ending list of injuries that really have appeared to hindered his entire boxing career.

     

    On paper this fight appears to be a mismatch. Forrest has the height, reach, and weight (although Forrest rarely fights these days) advantage, as well as a huge edge in amateur and professional quality of opposition. CB has 13 losses and his biggest wins are over the talented, but flaky Judah, and a weathered Arturo Gatti. Now, I must say, I thought Quartey beat Forrest, and in my opinion he (Forrest) looked terrible in that fight. I felt his injuries were still ever present, and his inactivity really has done nothing but hurt him once he steps in the ring.

     

    CB is a tough guy that comes forward in a plodding type style. Anyway who compares CB to Mayorga’s style is out of their mind. Mayorga comes at you with reckless abandonment that is nowhere near the style of Baldomir. Also, don’t forget that Mayorga punches much harder the CB.

     

    If Forrest is able to use his long jab, and drop a few right hands on the noggin’ of Baldomir just to keep him tentative enough that he waits a bit too long before he applies EFFECTIVE pressure on Forrest, I think he will have laid the perfect plan down to beat Baldomir. I would also hope Forrest would focus a bit to the body of CB, but that is something we will have to wait and see. I don’t put much stock into the bodywork of Forrest (he lost a point for a low blow against Ike.)

     

    Of course I must factor in Forrest’s injuries and the fact his arm may fall right off in the ring, but even an injured Forrest can still beat CB. Forrest is a seasoned fighter and knows what he is doing in the ring. He has been fighting with these injuries for so long should his arm fall off; he would simply use his better hand and his still relatively fresh legs to halt the attack of Baldomir.

     

    I think this is a case where Forrest is just the overall better fighter and should he lose to Baldomir, his career is over. If he cannot beat the plodding in your face style of CB, he has little chance against the elite guys in the game.

     

    If Forrest is still truly injured (are these injuries ever going to heal?) but functioning at least 65 percent or better, he will do just enough to beat CB over the 12 round distance. I imagine if he is injured CB will have some nice rounds where Forrest tries to conserve his limbs, but I still see him doing enough to win.

     

    Should Forrest come into this bout relatively healthy (85 percent or better) I think he has a real chance to stop CB. I know, he has a chin of granite, but he does also swell and cut very easily. He has no defense and a healthy Forrest will be cracking him all night with one-two’s that will mark up his face. He may still be standing when it is stopped, but a healthy Forrest will have plenty of opportunities to lay some leather to the face of Baldomir.

     

    Boxeo Bets: Forrest -155
     
    thecarter
    thecarter
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2006
    Posts: 1656
    Posted: Jul. 28, 2007 - 12:05 PM ET #79

    this fight is on HBO but showing at 10pm on my channel guide? huh? Isn't it at 7pm? Is this one of those delayed tape fights?
    Reply
    this fight is on HBO but showing at 10pm on my channel guide? huh? Isn't it at 7pm? Is this one of those delayed tape fights?
     
    BOXEO
    BOXEO
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 385
    Posted: Jul. 28, 2007 - 12:09 PM ET #80

    Quote Originally Posted by thecarter:

    this fight is on HBO but showing at 10pm on my channel guide? huh? Isn't it at 7pm? Is this one of those delayed tape fights?

     

    If it is showing at 10PM  on your guide that channel it is on tape delay.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by thecarter:

    this fight is on HBO but showing at 10pm on my channel guide? huh? Isn't it at 7pm? Is this one of those delayed tape fights?

     

    If it is showing at 10PM  on your guide that channel it is on tape delay.

     
    Fullbrights
    Fullbrights
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2006
    Posts: 4377
    Posted: Jul. 28, 2007 - 12:09 PM ET #81

    The telecast come on at 10:15 Eastern Time.

    They are showing the BHop-Winky replay before showing Forrest-Baldo live.
    Reply
    The telecast come on at 10:15 Eastern Time.

    They are showing the BHop-Winky replay before showing Forrest-Baldo live.
     
    BOXEO
    BOXEO
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 385
    Posted: Jul. 28, 2007 - 12:22 PM ET #82

    Quote Originally Posted by Fullbrights:

    The telecast come on at 10:15 Eastern Time.

    They are showing the BHop-Winky replay before showing Forrest-Baldo live.

     

    Yes, so for all of the west coast viewers, that is going to 7:15PM, anything later is on tape delay. Some of my channels have the tape delay broadcast while others have the live version.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullbrights:

    The telecast come on at 10:15 Eastern Time.

    They are showing the BHop-Winky replay before showing Forrest-Baldo live.

     

    Yes, so for all of the west coast viewers, that is going to 7:15PM, anything later is on tape delay. Some of my channels have the tape delay broadcast while others have the live version.

     
    alwayswin
    alwayswin
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 7897
    Posted: Jul. 28, 2007 - 12:46 PM ET #83

    Good stuff Boxeo.  I agree but not sure about the stoppage analysis.
     
    Reply
    Good stuff Boxeo.  I agree but not sure about the stoppage analysis.
     
     
    BOXEO
    BOXEO
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 385
    Posted: Jul. 28, 2007 - 12:59 PM ET #84

    Quote Originally Posted by alwayswin:

    Good stuff Boxeo.  I agree but not sure about the stoppage analysis.
     

     

    Thanks Always! I honestly don't know if we will ever see a healthy Forrest again, but just in case, I thought I would throw a few tidbits out there about how I feel a healthy Forrest would just pick Baldy apart.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayswin:

    Good stuff Boxeo.  I agree but not sure about the stoppage analysis.
     

     

    Thanks Always! I honestly don't know if we will ever see a healthy Forrest again, but just in case, I thought I would throw a few tidbits out there about how I feel a healthy Forrest would just pick Baldy apart.

     
    PUSHING-IT
    PUSHING-IT
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 2596
    Posted: Jul. 28, 2007 - 1:00 PM ET #85

    Wish i got it @ -155 1200 on the Viper! i was just watching Kostya vs Viper in the Amateurs was really impressed how good of Boxer Kostya was .
    Reply
    Wish i got it @ -155 1200 on the Viper! i was just watching Kostya vs Viper in the Amateurs was really impressed how good of Boxer Kostya was .
     
    BOXEO
    BOXEO
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 385
    Posted: Jul. 28, 2007 - 1:10 PM ET #86

    Quote Originally Posted by PUSHING-IT:

    Wish i got it @ -155 1200 on the Viper! i was just watching Kostya vs Viper in the Amateurs was really impressed how good of Boxer Kostya was .

    Yep, the line really moved crazy fast on Forrest. I actually could have got him even lower, but I never anticipated such a quick line move. When it started up the ladder I made my move (glad I did now that he is -200 some places!)

     

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by PUSHING-IT:

    Wish i got it @ -155 1200 on the Viper! i was just watching Kostya vs Viper in the Amateurs was really impressed how good of Boxer Kostya was .

    Yep, the line really moved crazy fast on Forrest. I actually could have got him even lower, but I never anticipated such a quick line move. When it started up the ladder I made my move (glad I did now that he is -200 some places!)

     

     
    alwayswin
    alwayswin
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 7897
    Posted: Jul. 28, 2007 - 1:34 PM ET #87

    -195 at mine.  I got -180.
    Reply
    -195 at mine.  I got -180.
     
    bigeiii
    bigeiii
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 5870
    Posted: Jul. 28, 2007 - 1:36 PM ET #88

    I'm adding Baldy/VT starts Round 3. "yes"
    Also adding Baldy/VF goes 1:30 of Round 5. "yes"

    I'm not real sure who will win??? Very even fight to me. I see good takes backing up each side above me in this thread. But I do feel good that this one will last a while, if not all nite.

    GLA!
    bigeii
    Reply
    I'm adding Baldy/VT starts Round 3. "yes"
    Also adding Baldy/VF goes 1:30 of Round 5. "yes"

    I'm not real sure who will win??? Very even fight to me. I see good takes backing up each side above me in this thread. But I do feel good that this one will last a while, if not all nite.

    GLA!
    bigeii
     
    PUSHING-IT
    PUSHING-IT
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 2596
    Posted: Jul. 28, 2007 - 1:45 PM ET #89

    Gatti and Judah are faster and defensive (specially Judah) than Forrest,and Baldomir could hit those guys and hurt them. Quote from Albo2006- Gatti fast and Defensive Thats the funniest thing ive ever heard in this forum.Im not hating Albo but if u think Gatti was a fast and defensive fighter you are high as fuckThe reason why Baldy could hurt them was becouse they are smaller than him. Forrest could come into the Ring weighing 170 tonight. And Judah is not as defensive as Forest.
    Reply
    Gatti and Judah are faster and defensive (specially Judah) than Forrest,and Baldomir could hit those guys and hurt them. Quote from Albo2006- Gatti fast and Defensive Thats the funniest thing ive ever heard in this forum.Im not hating Albo but if u think Gatti was a fast and defensive fighter you are high as fuckThe reason why Baldy could hurt them was becouse they are smaller than him. Forrest could come into the Ring weighing 170 tonight. And Judah is not as defensive as Forest.
     
    TheTruth01
    TheTruth01
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2007
    Posts: 258
    Posted: Jul. 28, 2007 - 1:52 PM ET #90

    Quote Originally Posted by bigeiii:

    I'm adding Baldy/VT starts Round 3. "yes"
    Also adding Baldy/VF goes 1:30 of Round 5. "yes"

    I'm not real sure who will win??? Very even fight to me. I see good takes backing up each side above me in this thread. But I do feel good that this one will last a while, if not all nite.

    GLA!
    bigeii

     

    and the prices your taking on those as  I see is to start round 3 -2850

    and start round 5 -1100  ?

    Why takes such big juice for little payout?

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by bigeiii:

    I'm adding Baldy/VT starts Round 3. "yes"
    Also adding Baldy/VF goes 1:30 of Round 5. "yes"

    I'm not real sure who will win??? Very even fight to me. I see good takes backing up each side above me in this thread. But I do feel good that this one will last a while, if not all nite.

    GLA!
    bigeii

     

    and the prices your taking on those as  I see is to start round 3 -2850

    and start round 5 -1100  ?

    Why takes such big juice for little payout?

     
    TheTruth01
    TheTruth01
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2007
    Posts: 258
    Posted: Jul. 28, 2007 - 1:53 PM ET #91

    Quote Originally Posted by BOXEO:

    Hey Gang,

     

    Well, today we have Forrest and Baldomir doing battle for a "title" at 154 pounds. There are a lot of questions surrounding both fighters with CB moving up in weight, and Forrest's never ending list of injuries that really have appeared to hindered his entire boxing career.

     

    On paper this fight appears to be a mismatch. Forrest has the height, reach, and weight (although Forrest rarely fights these days) advantage, as well as a huge edge in amateur and professional quality of opposition. CB has 13 losses and his biggest wins are over the talented, but flaky Judah, and a weathered Arturo Gatti. Now, I must say, I thought Quartey beat Forrest, and in my opinion he (Forrest) looked terrible in that fight. I felt his injuries were still ever present, and his inactivity really has done nothing but hurt him once he steps in the ring.

     

    CB is a tough guy that comes forward in a plodding type style. Anyway who compares CB to Mayorga’s style is out of their mind. Mayorga comes at you with reckless abandonment that is nowhere near the style of Baldomir. Also, don’t forget that Mayorga punches much harder the CB.

     

    If Forrest is able to use his long jab, and drop a few right hands on the noggin’ of Baldomir just to keep him tentative enough that he waits a bit too long before he applies EFFECTIVE pressure on Forrest, I think he will have laid the perfect plan down to beat Baldomir. I would also hope Forrest would focus a bit to the body of CB, but that is something we will have to wait and see. I don’t put much stock into the bodywork of Forrest (he lost a point for a low blow against Ike.)

     

    Of course I must factor in Forrest’s injuries and the fact his arm may fall right off in the ring, but even an injured Forrest can still beat CB. Forrest is a seasoned fighter and knows what he is doing in the ring. He has been fighting with these injuries for so long should his arm fall off; he would simply use his better hand and his still relatively fresh legs to halt the attack of Baldomir.

     

    I think this is a case where Forrest is just the overall better fighter and should he lose to Baldomir, his career is over. If he cannot beat the plodding in your face style of CB, he has little chance against the elite guys in the game.

     

    If Forrest is still truly injured (are these injuries ever going to heal?) but functioning at least 65 percent or better, he will do just enough to beat CB over the 12 round distance. I imagine if he is injured CB will have some nice rounds where Forrest tries to conserve his limbs, but I still see him doing enough to win.

     

    Should Forrest come into this bout relatively healthy (85 percent or better) I think he has a real chance to stop CB. I know, he has a chin of granite, but he does also swell and cut very easily. He has no defense and a healthy Forrest will be cracking him all night with one-two’s that will mark up his face. He may still be standing when it is stopped, but a healthy Forrest will have plenty of opportunities to lay some leather to the face of Baldomir.

     

    Boxeo Bets: Forrest -155

     

    Boxeo is this play worthy of a BIG PLAY?

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by BOXEO:

    Hey Gang,

     

    Well, today we have Forrest and Baldomir doing battle for a "title" at 154 pounds. There are a lot of questions surrounding both fighters with CB moving up in weight, and Forrest's never ending list of injuries that really have appeared to hindered his entire boxing career.

     

    On paper this fight appears to be a mismatch. Forrest has the height, reach, and weight (although Forrest rarely fights these days) advantage, as well as a huge edge in amateur and professional quality of opposition. CB has 13 losses and his biggest wins are over the talented, but flaky Judah, and a weathered Arturo Gatti. Now, I must say, I thought Quartey beat Forrest, and in my opinion he (Forrest) looked terrible in that fight. I felt his injuries were still ever present, and his inactivity really has done nothing but hurt him once he steps in the ring.

     

    CB is a tough guy that comes forward in a plodding type style. Anyway who compares CB to Mayorga’s style is out of their mind. Mayorga comes at you with reckless abandonment that is nowhere near the style of Baldomir. Also, don’t forget that Mayorga punches much harder the CB.

     

    If Forrest is able to use his long jab, and drop a few right hands on the noggin’ of Baldomir just to keep him tentative enough that he waits a bit too long before he applies EFFECTIVE pressure on Forrest, I think he will have laid the perfect plan down to beat Baldomir. I would also hope Forrest would focus a bit to the body of CB, but that is something we will have to wait and see. I don’t put much stock into the bodywork of Forrest (he lost a point for a low blow against Ike.)

     

    Of course I must factor in Forrest’s injuries and the fact his arm may fall right off in the ring, but even an injured Forrest can still beat CB. Forrest is a seasoned fighter and knows what he is doing in the ring. He has been fighting with these injuries for so long should his arm fall off; he would simply use his better hand and his still relatively fresh legs to halt the attack of Baldomir.

     

    I think this is a case where Forrest is just the overall better fighter and should he lose to Baldomir, his career is over. If he cannot beat the plodding in your face style of CB, he has little chance against the elite guys in the game.

     

    If Forrest is still truly injured (are these injuries ever going to heal?) but functioning at least 65 percent or better, he will do just enough to beat CB over the 12 round distance. I imagine if he is injured CB will have some nice rounds where Forrest tries to conserve his limbs, but I still see him doing enough to win.

     

    Should Forrest come into this bout relatively healthy (85 percent or better) I think he has a real chance to stop CB. I know, he has a chin of granite, but he does also swell and cut very easily. He has no defense and a healthy Forrest will be cracking him all night with one-two’s that will mark up his face. He may still be standing when it is stopped, but a healthy Forrest will have plenty of opportunities to lay some leather to the face of Baldomir.

     

    Boxeo Bets: Forrest -155

     

    Boxeo is this play worthy of a BIG PLAY?

     
    wjeremy97
    wjeremy97
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 38798
    Posted: Jul. 28, 2007 - 3:07 PM ET #92

    Load up on Forrest!
    Reply
    Load up on Forrest!
     
    alwayswin
    alwayswin
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 7897
    Posted: Jul. 28, 2007 - 3:20 PM ET #93

    I really like Forrest as well, but not a fan of that juice, so risking 900 to win 500.
    Reply
    I really like Forrest as well, but not a fan of that juice, so risking 900 to win 500.
     
    G8RB8
    G8RB8
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 30086
    Posted: Jul. 28, 2007 - 3:46 PM ET #94

    I hit it at -170 at matchbook.  Not what I was hoping to get it at, but someone has almost $5k on -168, so I can't imagine it getting any better. 

    Hoping to grab the over 11.5 at -160.  Not much action on the total though.


    Bagel Sandwiches Suck
    Reply
    I hit it at -170 at matchbook.  Not what I was hoping to get it at, but someone has almost $5k on -168, so I can't imagine it getting any better. 

    Hoping to grab the over 11.5 at -160.  Not much action on the total though.


     
    alwayswin
    alwayswin
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 7897
    Posted: Jul. 28, 2007 - 5:19 PM ET #95

    Final action count:
     
    Risking 1085 to win 600 Forrest
    Risking 200 to win 200 Forrest by decision
     
    Too much juice on the total, fade that.
     
    Reply
    Final action count:
     
    Risking 1085 to win 600 Forrest
    Risking 200 to win 200 Forrest by decision
     
    Too much juice on the total, fade that.
     
     
    PUSHING-IT
    PUSHING-IT
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 2596
    Posted: Jul. 28, 2007 - 5:30 PM ET #96

    Quote Originally Posted by alwayswin:

    Final action count:
     
    Risking 1085 to win 600 Forrest
    Risking 200 to win 200 Forrest by decision
     
    Too much juice on the total, fade that.
     
    Lets get this Viper money
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayswin:

    Final action count:
     
    Risking 1085 to win 600 Forrest
    Risking 200 to win 200 Forrest by decision
     
    Too much juice on the total, fade that.
     
    Lets get this Viper money
     
    alwayswin
    alwayswin
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 7897
    Posted: Jul. 28, 2007 - 5:49 PM ET #97

    Is that Mitch "Blood" Green?
    Reply
    Is that Mitch "Blood" Green?
     
    PUSHING-IT
    PUSHING-IT
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 2596
    Posted: Jul. 28, 2007 - 5:57 PM ET #98

    U know it Met him in like 93 @ Southern New England Golden Gloves he is fucking crazy.He had on a rabbit skin fur jacket, leather pants and Snake skin boots . All he did was talk shit bout how no one wanted to fight him but was so fucking funny
    Reply
    U know it Met him in like 93 @ Southern New England Golden Gloves he is fucking crazy.He had on a rabbit skin fur jacket, leather pants and Snake skin boots . All he did was talk shit bout how no one wanted to fight him but was so fucking funny
     
    BOXEO
    BOXEO
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 385
    Posted: Jul. 28, 2007 - 6:03 PM ET #99

    Quote Originally Posted by TheTruth01:

     

    Boxeo is this play worthy of a BIG PLAY?

     

    If I were certain Forrest was healthy I would drop a load on him no problem. However, there are questions regarding his health (have been for awhile.) Since everyone has a different definition of "big plays" I really cannot say for certain how much you should put down. Always put down around a grand to win 600 and I would not sweat that type of bet on this fight.

     

    GL!

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTruth01:

     

    Boxeo is this play worthy of a BIG PLAY?

     

    If I were certain Forrest was healthy I would drop a load on him no problem. However, there are questions regarding his health (have been for awhile.) Since everyone has a different definition of "big plays" I really cannot say for certain how much you should put down. Always put down around a grand to win 600 and I would not sweat that type of bet on this fight.

     

    GL!

     
     
    alwayswin
    alwayswin
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 7897
    Posted: Jul. 28, 2007 - 6:35 PM ET #100

    I don't know what was funnier, the Blood-Tyson feud or the Holmes-Burbick one.  Although Holmes drop-kicking Burbick off of a car, in front of the police, was funny as fuck.
     
    To Mitch Green
    Reply
    I don't know what was funnier, the Blood-Tyson feud or the Holmes-Burbick one.  Although Holmes drop-kicking Burbick off of a car, in front of the police, was funny as fuck.
     
    To Mitch Green
    All Forums | Boxing
    «First Previous 123456 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • Claiming Prizes 57,669
    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,226
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,012
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,698
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,406
    • Saturday 10/03/2026 689
    • MLB Playoffs 5,191
    • **$$$ MD Saturday 10/3 $$$** 7,204
    • **$$$ MD Friday 10/2 $$$** 10,288
    • Happening just recently . . . 36,979

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.