• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Las Vegas

    Can you making a living gambling in vegas?

    «First Previous 123 Next Last»
    topperchris
    gunonenic
    VegasCanuck
    wkufan
    666LES
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 21406
    Posts: 56
    «First Previous 123 Next Last»
     
    topperchris
    topperchris
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2005
    Posts: 1324
    Posted: Nov. 2, 2009 - 4:37 PM ET #26

      I have won there in a weekend on sports betting..You must do your homework and not overbet..Dont get ahead then start betting because your "HOT"..Stick by a plan win or lose
    Reply
      I have won there in a weekend on sports betting..You must do your homework and not overbet..Dont get ahead then start betting because your "HOT"..Stick by a plan win or lose
     
    gunonenic
    gunonenic
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2009
    Posts: 603
    Posted: Nov. 3, 2009 - 12:36 AM ET #27

    Quote Originally Posted by cts99:

    I have friend that 6 or7 years ago went out vegas and played video poker full time. He had it wired he would stay in different hotels 3 to 4 days then move to another. He would stay up to 24 days a trip.His key was the comps and cash back and the cash coupons he would get in the mail.The coupons have nothing to do with the points you earn on your players club card.Those points turn into cash back and comps. His goal was 300 per day.He kept a book with the casiono the time of day he played the machine he played, the game he played the whole works.He used 1 of those pen like tape recorders to keep track.He also every day took his profit right to the bank. He had 4 or five different banks and kept a low profile.All i can say as what he told me he came home last year and said vegas has stop alot of the comps and cash back the machines seem to very tight.This man netted well over a 100k per year in wins and comps and cash back. The guy is ice sticks to a plan and does not have and ego.

    this is very true, about two years back I ran into a guy at the rio, and I saw him put $100 into a poker machine, playing $25 per, he went through the $100, got another one, two tries later won back $357 and change (don't remember the exact amount) I didn't get the chance to ask him for more details, he grabbed the ticket and left in a hurry.

    the only problem- provided you have it down pat- is sooner than later they will catch you in an audit and the casino will probably either ban you or reduce your take. no way they'd let you come in year in and year out and haul away 6 figures.

    99, thanks for sharing your insight

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by cts99:

    I have friend that 6 or7 years ago went out vegas and played video poker full time. He had it wired he would stay in different hotels 3 to 4 days then move to another. He would stay up to 24 days a trip.His key was the comps and cash back and the cash coupons he would get in the mail.The coupons have nothing to do with the points you earn on your players club card.Those points turn into cash back and comps. His goal was 300 per day.He kept a book with the casiono the time of day he played the machine he played, the game he played the whole works.He used 1 of those pen like tape recorders to keep track.He also every day took his profit right to the bank. He had 4 or five different banks and kept a low profile.All i can say as what he told me he came home last year and said vegas has stop alot of the comps and cash back the machines seem to very tight.This man netted well over a 100k per year in wins and comps and cash back. The guy is ice sticks to a plan and does not have and ego.

    this is very true, about two years back I ran into a guy at the rio, and I saw him put $100 into a poker machine, playing $25 per, he went through the $100, got another one, two tries later won back $357 and change (don't remember the exact amount) I didn't get the chance to ask him for more details, he grabbed the ticket and left in a hurry.

    the only problem- provided you have it down pat- is sooner than later they will catch you in an audit and the casino will probably either ban you or reduce your take. no way they'd let you come in year in and year out and haul away 6 figures.

    99, thanks for sharing your insight

     
    VegasCanuck
    VegasCanuck
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 23
    Posted: Nov. 3, 2009 - 3:58 PM ET #28

    Quote Originally Posted by choiOi:

    What I would do is roam around the Routlette table and if you slow down and watch, there's always sombody here and there hitting black or red big like 500-1000. Just bet the opposite of that person and you will cash. LOL.

    Saw this guy bet $1000 on black 7 straight times and lost all 7 times. Just throw in 200-300 on red and you will cash,,,yeah you'll pissed the dude off but it's as good as GOLD.

    I live in LV and have for the last 20 years.

    No easy formula. You have to have a game play and that changes as the years go bye.

    The Roulette is my game and the suggestion you make is a waste of money and time and not a way to make regular money on this game. I've been betting sports for over 30 years and Roulette over the last 2 years and I've discovered many rules and dos'n donts on this game. If you wish more info send me a personal and I'll be happy to share.

    VegasCanuck

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by choiOi:

    What I would do is roam around the Routlette table and if you slow down and watch, there's always sombody here and there hitting black or red big like 500-1000. Just bet the opposite of that person and you will cash. LOL.

    Saw this guy bet $1000 on black 7 straight times and lost all 7 times. Just throw in 200-300 on red and you will cash,,,yeah you'll pissed the dude off but it's as good as GOLD.

    I live in LV and have for the last 20 years.

    No easy formula. You have to have a game play and that changes as the years go bye.

    The Roulette is my game and the suggestion you make is a waste of money and time and not a way to make regular money on this game. I've been betting sports for over 30 years and Roulette over the last 2 years and I've discovered many rules and dos'n donts on this game. If you wish more info send me a personal and I'll be happy to share.

    VegasCanuck

     
    topperchris
    topperchris
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2005
    Posts: 1324
    Posted: Nov. 3, 2009 - 8:24 PM ET #29

    Quote Originally Posted by VegasCanuck:

    I live in LV and have for the last 20 years.

    No easy formula. You have to have a game play and that changes as the years go bye.

    The Roulette is my game and the suggestion you make is a waste of money and time and not a way to make regular money on this game. I've been betting sports for over 30 years and Roulette over the last 2 years and I've discovered many rules and dos'n donts on this game. If you wish more info send me a personal and I'll be happy to share.

    VegasCanuck

      I am thinking of trying to make a living on sports gambling..Any suggestions?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by VegasCanuck:

    I live in LV and have for the last 20 years.

    No easy formula. You have to have a game play and that changes as the years go bye.

    The Roulette is my game and the suggestion you make is a waste of money and time and not a way to make regular money on this game. I've been betting sports for over 30 years and Roulette over the last 2 years and I've discovered many rules and dos'n donts on this game. If you wish more info send me a personal and I'll be happy to share.

    VegasCanuck

      I am thinking of trying to make a living on sports gambling..Any suggestions?
     
    gunonenic
    gunonenic
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2009
    Posts: 603
    Posted: Nov. 3, 2009 - 8:50 PM ET #30

    speaking of roulette, I've used just about every system there is, and I learned the hard way. my old system was following the trend, say if it's red I'd bet red on the next spin. this strategy served me well until one night at the bellagio, that night I gave back all the money I won in previous sessions at other casinos plus some.  my base bet was $25, then 50, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, then 3200.... when I lost that $3,200 bet I reached into my pocket to get all the money I had left and I was ready to bet it all. before I could floorman came over to me and asked to see my id. I showed him my id, but the dealer had already spun. had I put that bet down in time I would have lost it too. I got this sick feeling in my stomach and just got up and left. that floorman saved me another $6k.

    now if I play roulette I play small and have a loss limit, and I don't sit there and play spin after spin. I walk around and look for patterns like red, red, red, blk, red, red, red, blk, red, red ,red...here I would jump in and bet on red to break it. same with high/low, odd/even. sometimes you'll see h/l/h/l/h/l/h/l/h/l/h/l...here I would bet l to break it. to play like this you must have the patience to wait for a pattern to develop, and it works best in casinos with at least 5-6 busy tables.

    another roulette play is to break down the wheel into 3 sections. if you do that you'll have group a 9,10,11,12,25,26,27,28,29,30 group b 5,6,7,8,17,18,19,20,31,32 group c 1,2,3,4,13,14,23,24,35,36 the only numbers left are 15,16,21,22,33,34.

    I like to walk around and look for a table without 15,16,21,22,33,34 in the last 15 spins, sometimes the reader will misread so it's best if you're there to keep track with your own eyes. so after 15 soins without those numbers you bet 1 unit on each, now you do the math, you can keep betting the one unit for 6 hands and not have to raise it, if you win the seventh bet you'd break even. 8th, 9th and tenth would be 2 units, then 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 14, if you lost every hand you're down $510. for that to happen it means those 6 numbers didn't show up in 35 spins. I have yet to see it happen yet.

    Reply

    speaking of roulette, I've used just about every system there is, and I learned the hard way. my old system was following the trend, say if it's red I'd bet red on the next spin. this strategy served me well until one night at the bellagio, that night I gave back all the money I won in previous sessions at other casinos plus some.  my base bet was $25, then 50, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, then 3200.... when I lost that $3,200 bet I reached into my pocket to get all the money I had left and I was ready to bet it all. before I could floorman came over to me and asked to see my id. I showed him my id, but the dealer had already spun. had I put that bet down in time I would have lost it too. I got this sick feeling in my stomach and just got up and left. that floorman saved me another $6k.

    now if I play roulette I play small and have a loss limit, and I don't sit there and play spin after spin. I walk around and look for patterns like red, red, red, blk, red, red, red, blk, red, red ,red...here I would jump in and bet on red to break it. same with high/low, odd/even. sometimes you'll see h/l/h/l/h/l/h/l/h/l/h/l...here I would bet l to break it. to play like this you must have the patience to wait for a pattern to develop, and it works best in casinos with at least 5-6 busy tables.

    another roulette play is to break down the wheel into 3 sections. if you do that you'll have group a 9,10,11,12,25,26,27,28,29,30 group b 5,6,7,8,17,18,19,20,31,32 group c 1,2,3,4,13,14,23,24,35,36 the only numbers left are 15,16,21,22,33,34.

    I like to walk around and look for a table without 15,16,21,22,33,34 in the last 15 spins, sometimes the reader will misread so it's best if you're there to keep track with your own eyes. so after 15 soins without those numbers you bet 1 unit on each, now you do the math, you can keep betting the one unit for 6 hands and not have to raise it, if you win the seventh bet you'd break even. 8th, 9th and tenth would be 2 units, then 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 14, if you lost every hand you're down $510. for that to happen it means those 6 numbers didn't show up in 35 spins. I have yet to see it happen yet.

     
    gunonenic
    gunonenic
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2009
    Posts: 603
    Posted: Nov. 3, 2009 - 9:08 PM ET #31

    another system is baccarat and only betting ties. bring $1k with you to the casino, double it or lose it all. the problem is if you start with $10 as your base bet it would take maybe 8-12 hours before you achieve your win. this is something I have never tried but on paper it looks promising.

    if your first bet is $10, and you keep betting to stay break even, then to lose $1k means you lost 29 hands in a row, the exact amount is $987. is it possible that you won't see a tie in 29 hands? yes, but that's the key, you're prepared to lose it all. the goal is to win 6 out of 10 times, and if you're lucky, 7 of 10.

     

    Reply

    another system is baccarat and only betting ties. bring $1k with you to the casino, double it or lose it all. the problem is if you start with $10 as your base bet it would take maybe 8-12 hours before you achieve your win. this is something I have never tried but on paper it looks promising.

    if your first bet is $10, and you keep betting to stay break even, then to lose $1k means you lost 29 hands in a row, the exact amount is $987. is it possible that you won't see a tie in 29 hands? yes, but that's the key, you're prepared to lose it all. the goal is to win 6 out of 10 times, and if you're lucky, 7 of 10.

     

     
    wkufan
    wkufan
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2003
    Posts: 2964
    Posted: Nov. 23, 2009 - 1:12 AM ET #32

    I think the only true way to win at gamling in Vegas is to buy a casino and take action from all the people like us.  You WILL win if you do that in Vegas.  That edge they have is all they need...no game is available where we have an edge other than blackjack and that is very tough to get that edge in the way they have the shoes set up now.  Sports betting and horses can give you an edge but it's very hard to get and you have to spend more time handicapping those rare spots where there's an advantage than it's worth.
    Reply
    I think the only true way to win at gamling in Vegas is to buy a casino and take action from all the people like us.  You WILL win if you do that in Vegas.  That edge they have is all they need...no game is available where we have an edge other than blackjack and that is very tough to get that edge in the way they have the shoes set up now.  Sports betting and horses can give you an edge but it's very hard to get and you have to spend more time handicapping those rare spots where there's an advantage than it's worth.
     
    topperchris
    topperchris
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2005
    Posts: 1324
    Posted: Nov. 23, 2009 - 9:26 AM ET #33

    Quote Originally Posted by wkufan:

    I think the only true way to win at gamling in Vegas is to buy a casino and take action from all the people like us.  You WILL win if you do that in Vegas.  That edge they have is all they need...no game is available where we have an edge other than blackjack and that is very tough to get that edge in the way they have the shoes set up now.  Sports betting and horses can give you an edge but it's very hard to get and you have to spend more time handicapping those rare spots where there's an advantage than it's worth.

    Your probelly right..Hey I graduated from Western!!!

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by wkufan:

    I think the only true way to win at gamling in Vegas is to buy a casino and take action from all the people like us.  You WILL win if you do that in Vegas.  That edge they have is all they need...no game is available where we have an edge other than blackjack and that is very tough to get that edge in the way they have the shoes set up now.  Sports betting and horses can give you an edge but it's very hard to get and you have to spend more time handicapping those rare spots where there's an advantage than it's worth.

    Your probelly right..Hey I graduated from Western!!!

     
    666LES
    666LES
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 4321
    Posted: Nov. 23, 2009 - 4:54 PM ET #34

    When I moved to vegas in '82 I met a writer named huey mahl,he wrote for the review/journal, sportsbook paper, and even had some books in The Gambler's Bookstore where I met him.He spent his life in search of the golden fleece in making an income from casino gambling.He died in the 90's ,I don't believe he got there. I'm not talking sports/poker.Your only advantage on a table game is if you walk through the door lucky.Even cardcounter playiny perfect basic will only have advantage of 2% with the right count but that doesn't guarenttee anything.
    Reply
    When I moved to vegas in '82 I met a writer named huey mahl,he wrote for the review/journal, sportsbook paper, and even had some books in The Gambler's Bookstore where I met him.He spent his life in search of the golden fleece in making an income from casino gambling.He died in the 90's ,I don't believe he got there. I'm not talking sports/poker.Your only advantage on a table game is if you walk through the door lucky.Even cardcounter playiny perfect basic will only have advantage of 2% with the right count but that doesn't guarenttee anything.
     
    topperchris
    topperchris
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2005
    Posts: 1324
    Posted: Nov. 24, 2009 - 9:44 AM ET #35

      I know sports that would be my advantage if there is one???? Lost job a few months back and and thinking what the hell lets see what happens...
    Reply
      I know sports that would be my advantage if there is one???? Lost job a few months back and and thinking what the hell lets see what happens...
     
    RickeM
    RickeM
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2008
    Posts: 7967
    Posted: Nov. 24, 2009 - 2:08 PM ET #36

    The words "system" and "roulette" do not go together. Sorry to break it to you, but there is no way to beat a roulette table.
    Reply
    The words "system" and "roulette" do not go together. Sorry to break it to you, but there is no way to beat a roulette table.
     
    HugeBallz
    HugeBallz
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 3098
    Posted: Nov. 27, 2009 - 11:23 AM ET #37

    You can't win against the house. However a lot of people make a living playing (Texas Hold'em) Poker. You play against other players. But it's not easy. You need to understand the game and must have read a book or book first.
    Reply
    You can't win against the house. However a lot of people make a living playing (Texas Hold'em) Poker. You play against other players. But it's not easy. You need to understand the game and must have read a book or book first.
     
    PaceH
    PaceH
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 2
    Posted: Nov. 30, 2009 - 4:50 AM ET #38

    Poker Is For Sure the Way to Go! Sports is brutal and should be recreational

     

    Reply

    Poker Is For Sure the Way to Go! Sports is brutal and should be recreational

     

     
    gunonenic
    gunonenic
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2009
    Posts: 603
    Posted: Dec. 1, 2009 - 6:48 PM ET #39

    I will start today. it's been a while, I'm a little rusty and nervous, was going to wait until jan 1st. but now that football season is winding down might as well start sooner than later. if this doesn't work I will look into other options.

    my daily goal will be 4 units($100). there are a few different ways I can go about it... a. 1-1-1-1 b. 1-2-1 c. 1-1-2... my loss limit will be 8 units($200) my bankroll will be $2,500, so that's exactly 1% on each bet.

    btw- I'm not posting this to showboat, heck, I might lose a good chuck of my bankroll or go on tilt one night and lose all of it (j/k, I will not bring more than my loss limit) I'm doing this openly because I think it will help motivate me, and also as a way to hold myself accountable. no lies, no excuses, either I can get it done or I can't. in the weeks to come I will provide a weekly report and keep you guys updated. please feel free to offer any advice as you see fit.

     

    Reply

    I will start today. it's been a while, I'm a little rusty and nervous, was going to wait until jan 1st. but now that football season is winding down might as well start sooner than later. if this doesn't work I will look into other options.

    my daily goal will be 4 units($100). there are a few different ways I can go about it... a. 1-1-1-1 b. 1-2-1 c. 1-1-2... my loss limit will be 8 units($200) my bankroll will be $2,500, so that's exactly 1% on each bet.

    btw- I'm not posting this to showboat, heck, I might lose a good chuck of my bankroll or go on tilt one night and lose all of it (j/k, I will not bring more than my loss limit) I'm doing this openly because I think it will help motivate me, and also as a way to hold myself accountable. no lies, no excuses, either I can get it done or I can't. in the weeks to come I will provide a weekly report and keep you guys updated. please feel free to offer any advice as you see fit.

     

     
    gimmedempoints
    gimmedempoints
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2008
    Posts: 1521
    Posted: Dec. 1, 2009 - 7:33 PM ET #40

    Good luck gunonenic! I'm trying to get my money management down too as far as sports betting goes myself...I'll follow your posts and I wish you the best of luck. I think you're right about posting and holding yourself accountable. Might give it a try myself!

    Reply
    Good luck gunonenic! I'm trying to get my money management down too as far as sports betting goes myself...I'll follow your posts and I wish you the best of luck. I think you're right about posting and holding yourself accountable. Might give it a try myself!

     
    gunonenic
    gunonenic
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2009
    Posts: 603
    Posted: Dec. 3, 2009 - 1:24 AM ET #41

    it's not good enough, not even close. my calculations are overly optimistic... more succinctly, delusional. if I win 7 out of 3 sessions my profit is $100, 8 of 2 $400, basically I have to win 100% to reach my goal of $3k a month. the only way to make it happen is if I take half of my bankroll and be willing to lose all of it to win $100, no way am I going to do that.

    the original question is not if you can win at the casino at any given time, it's if you can do it day in and day out as a way to make a living. for that to even merit consideration at the very least it has to be an even proposition. right now the only plausible options are poker, bj, and sports betting, everything else it's just riding on random luck. and that's far from being a pro gambler.

     

     

     

    gim, thanks. I read some of your other posts and I've been there myself. you prefer to deposit small amounts to make bets you feel strongly about, then when you get in a hole you wager all or most of your account on one game to catch up. you will never get it done like that, and even if you did win that big bet, you will give it all back and start the process all over again. I would suggest what others have said, have enough in your account where you can bet 1-2% of your bankroll on each wager. if you still lose and feel the need to increase your bets to gain an edge then you need to seriously consider cutting your losses and stop gambling all together. you're still very young and have your whole life ahead of you, and you got a legit job and an education to fall back on. that's the only 100% formula for success

    Reply

    it's not good enough, not even close. my calculations are overly optimistic... more succinctly, delusional. if I win 7 out of 3 sessions my profit is $100, 8 of 2 $400, basically I have to win 100% to reach my goal of $3k a month. the only way to make it happen is if I take half of my bankroll and be willing to lose all of it to win $100, no way am I going to do that.

    the original question is not if you can win at the casino at any given time, it's if you can do it day in and day out as a way to make a living. for that to even merit consideration at the very least it has to be an even proposition. right now the only plausible options are poker, bj, and sports betting, everything else it's just riding on random luck. and that's far from being a pro gambler.

     

     

     

    gim, thanks. I read some of your other posts and I've been there myself. you prefer to deposit small amounts to make bets you feel strongly about, then when you get in a hole you wager all or most of your account on one game to catch up. you will never get it done like that, and even if you did win that big bet, you will give it all back and start the process all over again. I would suggest what others have said, have enough in your account where you can bet 1-2% of your bankroll on each wager. if you still lose and feel the need to increase your bets to gain an edge then you need to seriously consider cutting your losses and stop gambling all together. you're still very young and have your whole life ahead of you, and you got a legit job and an education to fall back on. that's the only 100% formula for success

     
    gimmedempoints
    gimmedempoints
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2008
    Posts: 1521
    Posted: Dec. 3, 2009 - 1:53 AM ET #42

    I wouldn't say I make a big bet to catch up...more along the lines of putting in 200-300 one day, placing a 2-3 $50 on the 1st set of Sunday games, see where that leaves me, then look at the afternoon while the earlier ones are going on and place a few bets according to how the others are going. Then I look at the Sun and Mon night games too. Bet's usually range from 50-100, but it's just hard to get started with only putting in 200-300 a time. Usually treading water and paying the juice. I would say I have a legit job, and it's on the rise. I've been pondering putting a larger amount on, and just betting a smaller %. Still haven't found what amount I plan on depositing...I have plenty saved, just not sure if it's a lost cause either way (putting in 1000 now and losing it over time, or putting on 200 a time and just keep depositing...maybe I'm just a bad capper, lol)

    Thanks for the advice...any book you recommend for a in my situation? I've been using superbook, and I like it.
    Reply
    I wouldn't say I make a big bet to catch up...more along the lines of putting in 200-300 one day, placing a 2-3 $50 on the 1st set of Sunday games, see where that leaves me, then look at the afternoon while the earlier ones are going on and place a few bets according to how the others are going. Then I look at the Sun and Mon night games too. Bet's usually range from 50-100, but it's just hard to get started with only putting in 200-300 a time. Usually treading water and paying the juice. I would say I have a legit job, and it's on the rise. I've been pondering putting a larger amount on, and just betting a smaller %. Still haven't found what amount I plan on depositing...I have plenty saved, just not sure if it's a lost cause either way (putting in 1000 now and losing it over time, or putting on 200 a time and just keep depositing...maybe I'm just a bad capper, lol)

    Thanks for the advice...any book you recommend for a in my situation? I've been using superbook, and I like it.
     
    gunonenic
    gunonenic
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2009
    Posts: 603
    Posted: Dec. 3, 2009 - 3:43 AM ET #43

    from that description you probably would be content with winning $100 per game... that's enough to make the time you put into capping worthwhile, am I right? if that's the case do this: open and wire transfer $4k into mb, after it's in your account open with betjam and 5dimes, then transfer $1k into each of those accounts from mb. that will give you 3 solid books to shop for the best lines. you can do $80 or $100 per wager, and a little more on really strong plays. if you run into a cold streak stop betting for a while, don't press to recoup your losses. make a promise to yourself... if you lose every dollar, for whatever reason, then you know sports wagering is not for you. to lose all that money means you can't pick winners or you don't have the discipline to bet prudently. time to hang it up and move on to another challenge. maybe down the road when you're settled and want to do it for entertainment, but don't get yourself caught up in it. I know this is more than a passing hobby for you, but if you must cut all ties then that's what you must do. if you only remember one thing remember this: no fear, no greed. I wish you success.

    Reply

    from that description you probably would be content with winning $100 per game... that's enough to make the time you put into capping worthwhile, am I right? if that's the case do this: open and wire transfer $4k into mb, after it's in your account open with betjam and 5dimes, then transfer $1k into each of those accounts from mb. that will give you 3 solid books to shop for the best lines. you can do $80 or $100 per wager, and a little more on really strong plays. if you run into a cold streak stop betting for a while, don't press to recoup your losses. make a promise to yourself... if you lose every dollar, for whatever reason, then you know sports wagering is not for you. to lose all that money means you can't pick winners or you don't have the discipline to bet prudently. time to hang it up and move on to another challenge. maybe down the road when you're settled and want to do it for entertainment, but don't get yourself caught up in it. I know this is more than a passing hobby for you, but if you must cut all ties then that's what you must do. if you only remember one thing remember this: no fear, no greed. I wish you success.

     
    gimmedempoints
    gimmedempoints
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2008
    Posts: 1521
    Posted: Dec. 3, 2009 - 9:40 AM ET #44

    I'm content with with winning 50 a game...and I usually just bet the NFL, and sometimes put a smaller bet on some NBA during the week for fun. I take it seriously, but at the same time, it's more of a hobby and for fun. I spend some time researching and studying the games, but it's not something I do full time or spend a handful of hours studying. But I just don't like losing. I was thinking about depositing 1k and betting 25-50 a game. Thanks for the advice
    Reply
    I'm content with with winning 50 a game...and I usually just bet the NFL, and sometimes put a smaller bet on some NBA during the week for fun. I take it seriously, but at the same time, it's more of a hobby and for fun. I spend some time researching and studying the games, but it's not something I do full time or spend a handful of hours studying. But I just don't like losing. I was thinking about depositing 1k and betting 25-50 a game. Thanks for the advice
     
    topperchris
    topperchris
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2005
    Posts: 1324
    Posted: Dec. 3, 2009 - 9:54 AM ET #45

    Quote Originally Posted by gimmedempoints:

    I'm content with with winning 50 a game...and I usually just bet the NFL, and sometimes put a smaller bet on some NBA during the week for fun. I take it seriously, but at the same time, it's more of a hobby and for fun. I spend some time researching and studying the games, but it's not something I do full time or spend a handful of hours studying. But I just don't like losing. I was thinking about depositing 1k and betting 25-50 a game. Thanks for the advice

     I have been betting for about 2 yrs...I have found college is easier than the pros... I did a $500 ML parlay last week... I took Fla ALT,Troy- felt very strong on them..I also took ALABAMA and Rutgers... I hit for $1090... If i bet the spead on that i would have went 2-2Loser..but all 4 won.. I take usually all favorites..A couple of bigger favs and some teams i think will win but are small favs..The small favs build up the payout...

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by gimmedempoints:

    I'm content with with winning 50 a game...and I usually just bet the NFL, and sometimes put a smaller bet on some NBA during the week for fun. I take it seriously, but at the same time, it's more of a hobby and for fun. I spend some time researching and studying the games, but it's not something I do full time or spend a handful of hours studying. But I just don't like losing. I was thinking about depositing 1k and betting 25-50 a game. Thanks for the advice

     I have been betting for about 2 yrs...I have found college is easier than the pros... I did a $500 ML parlay last week... I took Fla ALT,Troy- felt very strong on them..I also took ALABAMA and Rutgers... I hit for $1090... If i bet the spead on that i would have went 2-2Loser..but all 4 won.. I take usually all favorites..A couple of bigger favs and some teams i think will win but are small favs..The small favs build up the payout...

     
    flyp
    flyp
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 508
    Posted: Dec. 5, 2009 - 10:28 AM ET #46

    Topper Chris - I'm attempting to make a living off of sports gambling myself, but I'm working as a mortgage broker to increase my bankroll.  Unless you have a couple years of experience doing this (I have about 8) and know which lines to touch and which ones to stay away from, I wouldn't do it as my soul source of income.  Have about $10-$20k to blow or to win, and use that money only to bet with.  Anything less than $10k bankroll, or anything less than $200 a game is almost a waste of time.  Do it, and commit to it, and don't change your course no matter what.
    Reply
    Topper Chris - I'm attempting to make a living off of sports gambling myself, but I'm working as a mortgage broker to increase my bankroll.  Unless you have a couple years of experience doing this (I have about 8) and know which lines to touch and which ones to stay away from, I wouldn't do it as my soul source of income.  Have about $10-$20k to blow or to win, and use that money only to bet with.  Anything less than $10k bankroll, or anything less than $200 a game is almost a waste of time.  Do it, and commit to it, and don't change your course no matter what.
     
    flyp
    flyp
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 508
    Posted: Dec. 5, 2009 - 10:31 AM ET #47

    Lay the chalk - like the Dallas Cowboys against the Oakland Raiders on Thanksgiving.  No way in hell was Dallas going to lose.  Took the ML big.  You can't play more than like 5 games in a week, and expect to stay on top.

    The hardest part is not betting on too many games.  It always, and always will, come back to money management and discipline.  

    Today's pick - Texas ML.  That's the surest bet.  If you lose, then you lose.  You're going to lose.  But that, is a reasonable ML for the potential BCS Champions.


    Reply
    Lay the chalk - like the Dallas Cowboys against the Oakland Raiders on Thanksgiving.  No way in hell was Dallas going to lose.  Took the ML big.  You can't play more than like 5 games in a week, and expect to stay on top.

    The hardest part is not betting on too many games.  It always, and always will, come back to money management and discipline.  

    Today's pick - Texas ML.  That's the surest bet.  If you lose, then you lose.  You're going to lose.  But that, is a reasonable ML for the potential BCS Champions.


     
    flyp
    flyp
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 508
    Posted: Dec. 5, 2009 - 10:40 AM ET #48

    The challenge for me - the same as it is with eventually owning my own company, or being the ceo of a company - is what makes it enticing.  It almost isn't even the $ factor.  Sure, you end up on top and the money will come, but, I'm so determined to end up winning majority of the games I bet on because I feel like I've gained so much knowledge and ground on this task since I first began in 10th grade of High School.  Be sure of what you do, and don't change it for nobody.  Yes........ nobody.
    Reply
    The challenge for me - the same as it is with eventually owning my own company, or being the ceo of a company - is what makes it enticing.  It almost isn't even the $ factor.  Sure, you end up on top and the money will come, but, I'm so determined to end up winning majority of the games I bet on because I feel like I've gained so much knowledge and ground on this task since I first began in 10th grade of High School.  Be sure of what you do, and don't change it for nobody.  Yes........ nobody.
     
    Airmail26
    Airmail26
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 1528
    Posted: Dec. 18, 2009 - 5:12 PM ET #49

    Bankroll of 10K...I can make you 3K/month - summer time might be less with only baseball to bet on. 
    Reply
    Bankroll of 10K...I can make you 3K/month - summer time might be less with only baseball to bet on. 
     
     
    phillyfranko
    phillyfranko
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 3843
    Posted: Dec. 21, 2009 - 1:34 AM ET #50

    Looking to go to Vegas for 1st time...been Cappin' sports and Football for 33 years...not Looking to make a Living Just Have Fun Eat Good...meet some Cool People and Hot women. Retired with decent Income and a Nice Bankroll.I have many Years Experience in Atlantic City...would Love to try out Vegas for a month or more....start with a 5 to 7 day trip and work from there.
    Reply
    Looking to go to Vegas for 1st time...been Cappin' sports and Football for 33 years...not Looking to make a Living Just Have Fun Eat Good...meet some Cool People and Hot women. Retired with decent Income and a Nice Bankroll.I have many Years Experience in Atlantic City...would Love to try out Vegas for a month or more....start with a 5 to 7 day trip and work from there.
    All Forums | Las Vegas
    «First Previous 123 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • Claiming Prizes 57,673
    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,354
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,053
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,019
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,454
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 6,456
    • Sunday nFl Wk 4 7,968
    • Sunday 10/04/2026 572
    • MLB Playoffs 6,182
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,309

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.