• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 3
      NFL Week 3
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Politics

    Vaccine created in record time under Trump's "operation warp speed"

    «First Previous 1234
    UNIMAN
    THEMUGG
    scooby-doos
    thirdperson
    StumpTownStu
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 464
    Posts: 92
    «First Previous 1234
     
    UNIMAN
    UNIMAN
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2014
    Posts: 10454
    Posted: Nov. 15, 2023 - 6:50 PM ET #76

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIMAN: Quote Originally Posted by thirdperson: Before 2020, polls show little difference along partisan lines on vaccines.  But since covid, republicans have diverged from everyone else despite scientific evidences vaccines are safe and effective.  Republicans have become anti-vaxxers. July 28, 2020; Joe Biden sows doubt in the vaccine for political gain; “How are you going to distribute the vaccine when it arrives, when it arrives, when it’s there?" Biden asked Tuesday. "And the question of whether it’s real,..." September 2020; When Kamala Harris was asked if she would take the vaccine, "I think it's going to be an issue". August 6, 2020; Biden says the vaccine is "not likely to go through all the tests that needs to be and the trials that are needed to be done." September 3, 2020; Biden asks "Who's going to take the shot? Are you going to be the first one to say sign me up?"   June 2021; Black Americans cite low vaccine confidence and mistrust.  April 2021; Ford Field in downtown Detroit has vaccination day. Those showing up are mostly suburban whites.  Not hard to figure out why. Bro, you know gosh darn well black people not taking the vaccine had nothing to do with anything Harris or Biden had to say? Black people don't even rock with Kamala Harris. We just are distrustful of the government, and many are distrustful of vaccines in general.

    I hear ya Stu. And count me in too as far as distrustful of the government and vaccines in general. If there is way to F it up and make it cost three times as much the govt. will find a way. I took the J&J only because I was traveling and the J&J was a traditional "vaccine". Mrna wasn't for me. And I added quotations cause really it's a flu shot. 

    Yet Biden and Harris sowed doubt with their don't trust a Trump vaccine. Like he alone was cooking it up in a back room. Or he alone was the approver. The whole thing was totally ugly!

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIMAN: Quote Originally Posted by thirdperson: Before 2020, polls show little difference along partisan lines on vaccines.  But since covid, republicans have diverged from everyone else despite scientific evidences vaccines are safe and effective.  Republicans have become anti-vaxxers. July 28, 2020; Joe Biden sows doubt in the vaccine for political gain; “How are you going to distribute the vaccine when it arrives, when it arrives, when it’s there?" Biden asked Tuesday. "And the question of whether it’s real,..." September 2020; When Kamala Harris was asked if she would take the vaccine, "I think it's going to be an issue". August 6, 2020; Biden says the vaccine is "not likely to go through all the tests that needs to be and the trials that are needed to be done." September 3, 2020; Biden asks "Who's going to take the shot? Are you going to be the first one to say sign me up?"   June 2021; Black Americans cite low vaccine confidence and mistrust.  April 2021; Ford Field in downtown Detroit has vaccination day. Those showing up are mostly suburban whites.  Not hard to figure out why. Bro, you know gosh darn well black people not taking the vaccine had nothing to do with anything Harris or Biden had to say? Black people don't even rock with Kamala Harris. We just are distrustful of the government, and many are distrustful of vaccines in general.

    I hear ya Stu. And count me in too as far as distrustful of the government and vaccines in general. If there is way to F it up and make it cost three times as much the govt. will find a way. I took the J&J only because I was traveling and the J&J was a traditional "vaccine". Mrna wasn't for me. And I added quotations cause really it's a flu shot. 

    Yet Biden and Harris sowed doubt with their don't trust a Trump vaccine. Like he alone was cooking it up in a back room. Or he alone was the approver. The whole thing was totally ugly!

     
    UNIMAN
    UNIMAN
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2014
    Posts: 10454
    Posted: Nov. 30, 2023 - 7:30 PM ET #77

    Quote Originally Posted by thirdperson:

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIMAN: By the fall of 2021 it was 3 out of 10 COVID deaths were the vaccinated or boostered. January of 2022 it was 4 of 10, then by April of 2022 it was 6 of 10 people dying of COVID were the vaccinated or boostered. Statistics that show the majority of covid deaths among vaccinated people reflect the fact that more people are vaccinated.  Not that vaccines don't work.  Statistics also show vaccines continue to reduce the risk of death and severe illness in all age groups.  So covid booster vaccinations are important because of waning of both natural and vaccine immunity.

    So if 6 out of 10 deaths are the vaccinated and about 80% are vaccinated how much is the vaccine actually working? Can you call it a vaccine if it works 25% of the time, maybe?

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by thirdperson:

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIMAN: By the fall of 2021 it was 3 out of 10 COVID deaths were the vaccinated or boostered. January of 2022 it was 4 of 10, then by April of 2022 it was 6 of 10 people dying of COVID were the vaccinated or boostered. Statistics that show the majority of covid deaths among vaccinated people reflect the fact that more people are vaccinated.  Not that vaccines don't work.  Statistics also show vaccines continue to reduce the risk of death and severe illness in all age groups.  So covid booster vaccinations are important because of waning of both natural and vaccine immunity.

    So if 6 out of 10 deaths are the vaccinated and about 80% are vaccinated how much is the vaccine actually working? Can you call it a vaccine if it works 25% of the time, maybe?

     
    UNIMAN
    UNIMAN
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2014
    Posts: 10454
    Posted: Dec. 8, 2023 - 1:23 PM ET #78

    Remember this?

     

    https://twitter.com/amuse/status/1695744759556358564

     

     

    https://www.bmj.com/content/369/bmj.m1327

    Covid-19: death rate is 0.66% and increases with age, study estimates

     

    Reply

    Remember this?

     

    https://twitter.com/amuse/status/1695744759556358564

     

     

    https://www.bmj.com/content/369/bmj.m1327

    Covid-19: death rate is 0.66% and increases with age, study estimates

     

     
    THEMUGG
    THEMUGG
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 38234
    Posted: Dec. 8, 2023 - 3:34 PM ET #79

    @UNIMAN

      I got the Pfizer jabs & then boosters......still got it last January. Everyone is different, so it's hard to know if any of it helped/saved me. Some people I know got it bad, some hardly noticed it........I was somewhere in between.

     This crap is here to stay, like the seasonal flu........& like the seasonal flu, it will hit some harder than others.

     

    Reply

    @UNIMAN

      I got the Pfizer jabs & then boosters......still got it last January. Everyone is different, so it's hard to know if any of it helped/saved me. Some people I know got it bad, some hardly noticed it........I was somewhere in between.

     This crap is here to stay, like the seasonal flu........& like the seasonal flu, it will hit some harder than others.

     

     
    scooby-doos
    scooby-doos
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2010
    Posts: 3194
    Posted: Dec. 8, 2023 - 4:39 PM ET #80

    Great video uniman..people hate he is right and will go all out to say otherwise. 

    Great example of controlling the media and narrative..

    Reply

    Great video uniman..people hate he is right and will go all out to say otherwise. 

    Great example of controlling the media and narrative..

     
    UNIMAN
    UNIMAN
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2014
    Posts: 10454
    Posted: Dec. 8, 2023 - 6:59 PM ET #81

    Quote Originally Posted by THEMUGG:

    @UNIMAN   I got the Pfizer jabs & then boosters......still got it last January. Everyone is different, so it's hard to know if any of it helped/saved me. Some people I know got it bad, some hardly noticed it........I was somewhere in between.  This crap is here to stay, like the seasonal flu........& like the seasonal flu, it will hit some harder than others.

     

    I for one wouldn't touch that Mrna shot. I took the J&J in 2021 only because I was traveling and even though clotting was an issue with J&J. Had COVID in 2022 and it wasn't nice. Am sure the J&J was well worn out by then. Wife had it, all my kids and grandkids had it, all unvaxed, no issues. Had a friend in AZ die, he was older and heavy smoker. 

    Point of my post was the constant attack even when Trump was right. The WHO said 3.4% of REPORTED CASES and then the press does the rest acting like it's 3.4% of those infected causing more panlc and misinformation. Just like 51 former intel officials said; "Laptop has all the earmarks of Russian disinformation" and the press pushes it as actually Russian disinformation. And then blocks anyone whose says otherwise.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by THEMUGG:

    @UNIMAN   I got the Pfizer jabs & then boosters......still got it last January. Everyone is different, so it's hard to know if any of it helped/saved me. Some people I know got it bad, some hardly noticed it........I was somewhere in between.  This crap is here to stay, like the seasonal flu........& like the seasonal flu, it will hit some harder than others.

     

    I for one wouldn't touch that Mrna shot. I took the J&J in 2021 only because I was traveling and even though clotting was an issue with J&J. Had COVID in 2022 and it wasn't nice. Am sure the J&J was well worn out by then. Wife had it, all my kids and grandkids had it, all unvaxed, no issues. Had a friend in AZ die, he was older and heavy smoker. 

    Point of my post was the constant attack even when Trump was right. The WHO said 3.4% of REPORTED CASES and then the press does the rest acting like it's 3.4% of those infected causing more panlc and misinformation. Just like 51 former intel officials said; "Laptop has all the earmarks of Russian disinformation" and the press pushes it as actually Russian disinformation. And then blocks anyone whose says otherwise.

     
    thirdperson
    thirdperson
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2005
    Posts: 9432
    Posted: Dec. 8, 2023 - 8:11 PM ET #82

    Data showing most covid deaths among vaccinated people doesn't prove vaccines don't work.   All studies show unvaccinated people are at far greater risk than people of the same age and population size who have stayed up to date on latest boosters.  90% vaccine effectiveness doesn't mean 90 out of 100 vaccinated people won't die from covid.  Instead vaccine effectiveness measures percentage reduction of risk in a group of vaccinated people compared to an unvaccinated group. 

     Since immunity naturally wanes over time, boosters are recommended every 6 months.  Immune compromised individuals need more frequent boosters.  During 2021 to 2022, covid vaccination prevented over 3 million deaths and 18 million hospitalizations in the US according to University of Maryland study.

    Reply

    Data showing most covid deaths among vaccinated people doesn't prove vaccines don't work.   All studies show unvaccinated people are at far greater risk than people of the same age and population size who have stayed up to date on latest boosters.  90% vaccine effectiveness doesn't mean 90 out of 100 vaccinated people won't die from covid.  Instead vaccine effectiveness measures percentage reduction of risk in a group of vaccinated people compared to an unvaccinated group. 

     Since immunity naturally wanes over time, boosters are recommended every 6 months.  Immune compromised individuals need more frequent boosters.  During 2021 to 2022, covid vaccination prevented over 3 million deaths and 18 million hospitalizations in the US according to University of Maryland study.

     
    THEMUGG
    THEMUGG
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 38234
    Posted: Dec. 8, 2023 - 8:30 PM ET #83

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIMAN:

    Quote Originally Posted by THEMUGG: @UNIMAN   I got the Pfizer jabs & then boosters......still got it last January. Everyone is different, so it's hard to know if any of it helped/saved me. Some people I know got it bad, some hardly noticed it........I was somewhere in between.  This crap is here to stay, like the seasonal flu........& like the seasonal flu, it will hit some harder than others.   I for one wouldn't touch that Mrna shot. I took the J&J in 2021 only because I was traveling and even though clotting was an issue with J&J. Had COVID in 2022 and it wasn't nice. Am sure the J&J was well worn out by then. Wife had it, all my kids and grandkids had it, all unvaxed, no issues. Had a friend in AZ die, he was older and heavy smoker.  Point of my post was the constant attack even when Trump was right. The WHO said 3.4% of REPORTED CASES and then the press does the rest acting like it's 3.4% of those infected causing more panlc and misinformation. Just like 51 former intel officials said; "Laptop has all the earmarks of Russian disinformation" and the press pushes it as actually Russian disinformation. And then blocks anyone whose says otherwise.
    We didn't have much of a choice. The J&J wasn't readily available in my area at the time, & I was under the gun due to travel as well. Let's face it, nobody really knew much at the time. I know one guy my age that died from it.......non-smoker, decent shape, not much of a drinker.........just got the early version & didn't make it. While I applaud the efforts made to get a vax out quickly, it turns out it's not all that effective, neither then nor now.

     It's making the rounds again. A buddy of mine that boasted about never getting it now has it, as does his wife.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIMAN:

    Quote Originally Posted by THEMUGG: @UNIMAN   I got the Pfizer jabs & then boosters......still got it last January. Everyone is different, so it's hard to know if any of it helped/saved me. Some people I know got it bad, some hardly noticed it........I was somewhere in between.  This crap is here to stay, like the seasonal flu........& like the seasonal flu, it will hit some harder than others.   I for one wouldn't touch that Mrna shot. I took the J&J in 2021 only because I was traveling and even though clotting was an issue with J&J. Had COVID in 2022 and it wasn't nice. Am sure the J&J was well worn out by then. Wife had it, all my kids and grandkids had it, all unvaxed, no issues. Had a friend in AZ die, he was older and heavy smoker.  Point of my post was the constant attack even when Trump was right. The WHO said 3.4% of REPORTED CASES and then the press does the rest acting like it's 3.4% of those infected causing more panlc and misinformation. Just like 51 former intel officials said; "Laptop has all the earmarks of Russian disinformation" and the press pushes it as actually Russian disinformation. And then blocks anyone whose says otherwise.
    We didn't have much of a choice. The J&J wasn't readily available in my area at the time, & I was under the gun due to travel as well. Let's face it, nobody really knew much at the time. I know one guy my age that died from it.......non-smoker, decent shape, not much of a drinker.........just got the early version & didn't make it. While I applaud the efforts made to get a vax out quickly, it turns out it's not all that effective, neither then nor now.

     It's making the rounds again. A buddy of mine that boasted about never getting it now has it, as does his wife.

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Dec. 8, 2023 - 10:13 PM ET #84

    Quote Originally Posted by THEMUGG:

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIMAN: Quote Originally Posted by THEMUGG: @UNIMAN   I got the Pfizer jabs & then boosters......still got it last January. Everyone is different, so it's hard to know if any of it helped/saved me. Some people I know got it bad, some hardly noticed it........I was somewhere in between.  This crap is here to stay, like the seasonal flu........& like the seasonal flu, it will hit some harder than others.   I for one wouldn't touch that Mrna shot. I took the J&J in 2021 only because I was traveling and even though clotting was an issue with J&J. Had COVID in 2022 and it wasn't nice. Am sure the J&J was well worn out by then. Wife had it, all my kids and grandkids had it, all unvaxed, no issues. Had a friend in AZ die, he was older and heavy smoker.  Point of my post was the constant attack even when Trump was right. The WHO said 3.4% of REPORTED CASES and then the press does the rest acting like it's 3.4% of those infected causing more panlc and misinformation. Just like 51 former intel officials said; "Laptop has all the earmarks of Russian disinformation" and the press pushes it as actually Russian disinformation. And then blocks anyone whose says otherwise.We didn't have much of a choice. The J&J wasn't readily available in my area at the time, & I was under the gun due to travel as well. Let's face it, nobody really knew much at the time. I know one guy my age that died from it.......non-smoker, decent shape, not much of a drinker.........just got the early version & didn't make it. While I applaud the efforts made to get a vax out quickly, it turns out it's not all that effective, neither then nor now.  It's making the rounds again. A buddy of mine that boasted about never getting it now has it, as does his wife.

    I feel sorry for your homie. Truthfully, if you're killed by a vaccine,  there's more to the story. Underlying things. As far as your other buddy, it was only a matter of time. Everybody seems to get it, vaccinated or not. And from what I can see, vaccination isn't a deciding factor in severity of symptoms. It's all just a crap shoot.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by THEMUGG:

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIMAN: Quote Originally Posted by THEMUGG: @UNIMAN   I got the Pfizer jabs & then boosters......still got it last January. Everyone is different, so it's hard to know if any of it helped/saved me. Some people I know got it bad, some hardly noticed it........I was somewhere in between.  This crap is here to stay, like the seasonal flu........& like the seasonal flu, it will hit some harder than others.   I for one wouldn't touch that Mrna shot. I took the J&J in 2021 only because I was traveling and even though clotting was an issue with J&J. Had COVID in 2022 and it wasn't nice. Am sure the J&J was well worn out by then. Wife had it, all my kids and grandkids had it, all unvaxed, no issues. Had a friend in AZ die, he was older and heavy smoker.  Point of my post was the constant attack even when Trump was right. The WHO said 3.4% of REPORTED CASES and then the press does the rest acting like it's 3.4% of those infected causing more panlc and misinformation. Just like 51 former intel officials said; "Laptop has all the earmarks of Russian disinformation" and the press pushes it as actually Russian disinformation. And then blocks anyone whose says otherwise.We didn't have much of a choice. The J&J wasn't readily available in my area at the time, & I was under the gun due to travel as well. Let's face it, nobody really knew much at the time. I know one guy my age that died from it.......non-smoker, decent shape, not much of a drinker.........just got the early version & didn't make it. While I applaud the efforts made to get a vax out quickly, it turns out it's not all that effective, neither then nor now.  It's making the rounds again. A buddy of mine that boasted about never getting it now has it, as does his wife.

    I feel sorry for your homie. Truthfully, if you're killed by a vaccine,  there's more to the story. Underlying things. As far as your other buddy, it was only a matter of time. Everybody seems to get it, vaccinated or not. And from what I can see, vaccination isn't a deciding factor in severity of symptoms. It's all just a crap shoot.

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Dec. 8, 2023 - 10:18 PM ET #85

    Quote Originally Posted by thirdperson:

    Data showing most covid deaths among vaccinated people doesn't prove vaccines don't work.   All studies show unvaccinated people are at far greater risk than people of the same age and population size who have stayed up to date on latest boosters.  90% vaccine effectiveness doesn't mean 90 out of 100 vaccinated people won't die from covid.  Instead vaccine effectiveness measures percentage reduction of risk in a group of vaccinated people compared to an unvaccinated group.   Since immunity naturally wanes over time, boosters are recommended every 6 months.  Immune compromised individuals need more frequent boosters.  During 2021 to 2022, covid vaccination prevented over 3 million deaths and 18 million hospitalizations in the US according to University of Maryland study.

    Boosters?!! an_nailbiter

    Has any body heard about that new vax? It's just the Moderna but they've rebranded it as spikevax.

    an_roll_laugh

    Yeah, if you're a boomer, or are super immunocompromised, sure, get boosted I guess. If you're a nurse, rock and roll. Do you. Don't go feeling like you have to get boosted simply because you have asthma or something though.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by thirdperson:

    Data showing most covid deaths among vaccinated people doesn't prove vaccines don't work.   All studies show unvaccinated people are at far greater risk than people of the same age and population size who have stayed up to date on latest boosters.  90% vaccine effectiveness doesn't mean 90 out of 100 vaccinated people won't die from covid.  Instead vaccine effectiveness measures percentage reduction of risk in a group of vaccinated people compared to an unvaccinated group.   Since immunity naturally wanes over time, boosters are recommended every 6 months.  Immune compromised individuals need more frequent boosters.  During 2021 to 2022, covid vaccination prevented over 3 million deaths and 18 million hospitalizations in the US according to University of Maryland study.

    Boosters?!! an_nailbiter

    Has any body heard about that new vax? It's just the Moderna but they've rebranded it as spikevax.

    an_roll_laugh

    Yeah, if you're a boomer, or are super immunocompromised, sure, get boosted I guess. If you're a nurse, rock and roll. Do you. Don't go feeling like you have to get boosted simply because you have asthma or something though.

     
    UNIMAN
    UNIMAN
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2014
    Posts: 10454
    Posted: Dec. 8, 2023 - 10:34 PM ET #86

    Quote Originally Posted by THEMUGG:

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIMAN: Quote Originally Posted by THEMUGG: @UNIMAN   I got the Pfizer jabs & then boosters......still got it last January. Everyone is different, so it's hard to know if any of it helped/saved me. Some people I know got it bad, some hardly noticed it........I was somewhere in between.  This crap is here to stay, like the seasonal flu........& like the seasonal flu, it will hit some harder than others.   I for one wouldn't touch that Mrna shot. I took the J&J in 2021 only because I was traveling and even though clotting was an issue with J&J. Had COVID in 2022 and it wasn't nice. Am sure the J&J was well worn out by then. Wife had it, all my kids and grandkids had it, all unvaxed, no issues. Had a friend in AZ die, he was older and heavy smoker.  Point of my post was the constant attack even when Trump was right. The WHO said 3.4% of REPORTED CASES and then the press does the rest acting like it's 3.4% of those infected causing more panlc and misinformation. Just like 51 former intel officials said; "Laptop has all the earmarks of Russian disinformation" and the press pushes it as actually Russian disinformation. And then blocks anyone whose says otherwise.We didn't have much of a choice. The J&J wasn't readily available in my area at the time, & I was under the gun due to travel as well. Let's face it, nobody really knew much at the time. I know one guy my age that died from it.......non-smoker, decent shape, not much of a drinker.........just got the early version & didn't make it. While I applaud the efforts made to get a vax out quickly, it turns out it's not all that effective, neither then nor now.  It's making the rounds again. A buddy of mine that boasted about never getting it now has it, as does his wife.

    Well I don't see folks growing a third eye or growing gills so I think you'll be fine. an_roll_laugh

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by THEMUGG:

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIMAN: Quote Originally Posted by THEMUGG: @UNIMAN   I got the Pfizer jabs & then boosters......still got it last January. Everyone is different, so it's hard to know if any of it helped/saved me. Some people I know got it bad, some hardly noticed it........I was somewhere in between.  This crap is here to stay, like the seasonal flu........& like the seasonal flu, it will hit some harder than others.   I for one wouldn't touch that Mrna shot. I took the J&J in 2021 only because I was traveling and even though clotting was an issue with J&J. Had COVID in 2022 and it wasn't nice. Am sure the J&J was well worn out by then. Wife had it, all my kids and grandkids had it, all unvaxed, no issues. Had a friend in AZ die, he was older and heavy smoker.  Point of my post was the constant attack even when Trump was right. The WHO said 3.4% of REPORTED CASES and then the press does the rest acting like it's 3.4% of those infected causing more panlc and misinformation. Just like 51 former intel officials said; "Laptop has all the earmarks of Russian disinformation" and the press pushes it as actually Russian disinformation. And then blocks anyone whose says otherwise.We didn't have much of a choice. The J&J wasn't readily available in my area at the time, & I was under the gun due to travel as well. Let's face it, nobody really knew much at the time. I know one guy my age that died from it.......non-smoker, decent shape, not much of a drinker.........just got the early version & didn't make it. While I applaud the efforts made to get a vax out quickly, it turns out it's not all that effective, neither then nor now.  It's making the rounds again. A buddy of mine that boasted about never getting it now has it, as does his wife.

    Well I don't see folks growing a third eye or growing gills so I think you'll be fine. an_roll_laugh

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Dec. 8, 2023 - 10:44 PM ET #87

    Quote Originally Posted by THEMUGG:

    @UNIMAN   I got the Pfizer jabs & then boosters......still got it last January. Everyone is different, so it's hard to know if any of it helped/saved me. Some people I know got it bad, some hardly noticed it........I was somewhere in between.  This crap is here to stay, like the seasonal flu........& like the seasonal flu, it will hit some harder than others.

    Man, forget those boosters, bro. How are are you? The boosters are going to start being implemented in the same way as flu vaccines. Every year new variants of influenza pop up. And every year, they essentially guess as to what the new variants will be. And you'll hear, for example, "This years flu vaccines are 48% effective." Or 23%. Or 37%. Every year it's a crapshoot. I anticipate Covid vaccines will follow the same course.

    Besides, the most prevalent variant going around just causes sore throat, head stuffiness. Can give you the shiznits too. I had more sore throat than stuffiness. My wife has significant head stuffiness. Not so much sore throat. Neither of us were sick for long. I was only sick for a couple days. I had a two-shot but I mixed them. My wife had the J&J. It's been, what, a couple years now? Neither of us ever got a booster.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by THEMUGG:

    @UNIMAN   I got the Pfizer jabs & then boosters......still got it last January. Everyone is different, so it's hard to know if any of it helped/saved me. Some people I know got it bad, some hardly noticed it........I was somewhere in between.  This crap is here to stay, like the seasonal flu........& like the seasonal flu, it will hit some harder than others.

    Man, forget those boosters, bro. How are are you? The boosters are going to start being implemented in the same way as flu vaccines. Every year new variants of influenza pop up. And every year, they essentially guess as to what the new variants will be. And you'll hear, for example, "This years flu vaccines are 48% effective." Or 23%. Or 37%. Every year it's a crapshoot. I anticipate Covid vaccines will follow the same course.

    Besides, the most prevalent variant going around just causes sore throat, head stuffiness. Can give you the shiznits too. I had more sore throat than stuffiness. My wife has significant head stuffiness. Not so much sore throat. Neither of us were sick for long. I was only sick for a couple days. I had a two-shot but I mixed them. My wife had the J&J. It's been, what, a couple years now? Neither of us ever got a booster.

     
    UNIMAN
    UNIMAN
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2014
    Posts: 10454
    Posted: Dec. 9, 2023 - 8:54 AM ET #88

    When I yot my shot in Sept 2021 received it at local health department. After shot had to sit with others in a waiting room for 20 minutes. About 6-7 other folks were there and the nurse comes in and sits down. She starts this speech;

     an_speak You all have made a wise choice. The shot is 97% effective and it's a pandemic of the unvaccinated.

    Now we all know the UNIMAN is not gonna just sit on his hands. an_roll_laugh

    So I pipe up and say Well, that's not true. Delta variant has changed all that. Data from Minnesota Dept of Health is displayed online showing 3 out of 10 deaths are the vaccinated.  Many vaccinated still get and transmit the virus. The look on that nurse's face was priceless. So at that point I opened my phone and shutup. an_roll_laugh

    Reply

    When I yot my shot in Sept 2021 received it at local health department. After shot had to sit with others in a waiting room for 20 minutes. About 6-7 other folks were there and the nurse comes in and sits down. She starts this speech;

     an_speak You all have made a wise choice. The shot is 97% effective and it's a pandemic of the unvaccinated.

    Now we all know the UNIMAN is not gonna just sit on his hands. an_roll_laugh

    So I pipe up and say Well, that's not true. Delta variant has changed all that. Data from Minnesota Dept of Health is displayed online showing 3 out of 10 deaths are the vaccinated.  Many vaccinated still get and transmit the virus. The look on that nurse's face was priceless. So at that point I opened my phone and shutup. an_roll_laugh

     
    THEMUGG
    THEMUGG
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 38234
    Posted: Dec. 9, 2023 - 5:02 PM ET #89

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIMAN:

    When I yot my shot in Sept 2021 received it at local health department. After shot had to sit with others in a waiting room for 20 minutes. About 6-7 other folks were there and the nurse comes in and sits down. She starts this speech;   You all have made a wise choice. The shot is 97% effective and it's a pandemic of the unvaccinated. Now we all know the UNIMAN is not gonna just sit on his hands.  So I pipe up and say Well, that's not true. Delta variant has changed all that. Data from Minnesota Dept of Health is displayed online showing 3 out of 10 deaths are the vaccinated.  Many vaccinated still get and transmit the virus. The look on that nurse's face was priceless. So at that point I opened my phone and shutup.
    an_roll_laugh

    @StumpTownStu

      No, no more "boosters" for me. I did what I had to do to placate the "authorities" so I could travel, but now that I know it's mostly ineffective I won't do it........unless it gets developed to the point where it might make sense to.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIMAN:

    When I yot my shot in Sept 2021 received it at local health department. After shot had to sit with others in a waiting room for 20 minutes. About 6-7 other folks were there and the nurse comes in and sits down. She starts this speech;   You all have made a wise choice. The shot is 97% effective and it's a pandemic of the unvaccinated. Now we all know the UNIMAN is not gonna just sit on his hands.  So I pipe up and say Well, that's not true. Delta variant has changed all that. Data from Minnesota Dept of Health is displayed online showing 3 out of 10 deaths are the vaccinated.  Many vaccinated still get and transmit the virus. The look on that nurse's face was priceless. So at that point I opened my phone and shutup.
    an_roll_laugh

    @StumpTownStu

      No, no more "boosters" for me. I did what I had to do to placate the "authorities" so I could travel, but now that I know it's mostly ineffective I won't do it........unless it gets developed to the point where it might make sense to.

     
    thirdperson
    thirdperson
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2005
    Posts: 9432
    Posted: Dec. 10, 2023 - 4:09 AM ET #90

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIMAN:

    Covid-19: death rate is 0.66% and increases with age, study estimates

    High transmissibility makes covid far deadlier than other diseases.  Covid is the deadliest pandemic in US history.  Killing over a million Americans.  Some estimates true death toll may be twice as large.  Globally, covid is among the third leading causes of death since 2020.  In future years, more needs to be done to reduce covid deaths.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIMAN:

    Covid-19: death rate is 0.66% and increases with age, study estimates

    High transmissibility makes covid far deadlier than other diseases.  Covid is the deadliest pandemic in US history.  Killing over a million Americans.  Some estimates true death toll may be twice as large.  Globally, covid is among the third leading causes of death since 2020.  In future years, more needs to be done to reduce covid deaths.

     
    UNIMAN
    UNIMAN
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2014
    Posts: 10454
    Posted: Dec. 10, 2023 - 10:43 AM ET #91

    Quote Originally Posted by thirdperson:

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIMAN: Covid-19: death rate is 0.66% and increases with age, study estimates High transmissibility makes covid far deadlier than other diseases.  Covid is the deadliest pandemic in US history.  Killing over a million Americans.  Some estimates true death toll may be twice as large.  Globally, covid is among the third leading causes of death since 2020.  In future years, more needs to be done to reduce covid deaths.

     

    Calling COVID the deadliest is like calling current huricane damage most costly when compared to huricanes 20+ years ago. And never take count of inflation.

    In 1920 the U.S. population was 106,021,537 and 675,000 died from The Spanish Flu.

    In 2020 the U.S. population was 329,500,000 and 1,138,309 are reported dead from COVID.

    (675000/106021537)*100 = 0.6366% of population.

    (1138309/329500000)*100 = .03454% of population

    So The Spanish Flu was almost double as deadly as COVID. 

    COVID through evolution has become even less deadly than the original lab produced bio-weapon. 

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by thirdperson:

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIMAN: Covid-19: death rate is 0.66% and increases with age, study estimates High transmissibility makes covid far deadlier than other diseases.  Covid is the deadliest pandemic in US history.  Killing over a million Americans.  Some estimates true death toll may be twice as large.  Globally, covid is among the third leading causes of death since 2020.  In future years, more needs to be done to reduce covid deaths.

     

    Calling COVID the deadliest is like calling current huricane damage most costly when compared to huricanes 20+ years ago. And never take count of inflation.

    In 1920 the U.S. population was 106,021,537 and 675,000 died from The Spanish Flu.

    In 2020 the U.S. population was 329,500,000 and 1,138,309 are reported dead from COVID.

    (675000/106021537)*100 = 0.6366% of population.

    (1138309/329500000)*100 = .03454% of population

    So The Spanish Flu was almost double as deadly as COVID. 

    COVID through evolution has become even less deadly than the original lab produced bio-weapon. 

     
     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Dec. 11, 2023 - 11:33 AM ET #92

    Quote Originally Posted by thirdperson:

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIMAN: Covid-19: death rate is 0.66% and increases with age, study estimates High transmissibility makes covid far deadlier than other diseases.  Covid is the deadliest pandemic in US history.  Killing over a million Americans.  Some estimates true death toll may be twice as large.  Globally, covid is among the third leading causes of death since 2020.  In future years, more needs to be done to reduce covid deaths.

    I'm all about culling.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by thirdperson:

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIMAN: Covid-19: death rate is 0.66% and increases with age, study estimates High transmissibility makes covid far deadlier than other diseases.  Covid is the deadliest pandemic in US history.  Killing over a million Americans.  Some estimates true death toll may be twice as large.  Globally, covid is among the third leading causes of death since 2020.  In future years, more needs to be done to reduce covid deaths.

    I'm all about culling.

    All Forums | Politics
    «First Previous 1234

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 450,489
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,142
    • Rams vs Broncos in game live SNF 2,722
    • Sunday 09/27/2026 504
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 101,985
    • HELP PLEASE 1,585
    • PART DEUX 222
    • Mike Trout Strikeouts 7,137
    • King of Covers Winner List 12,241
    • Sunday 3,128

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.