• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    If Christ died on the cross for all of humanity

    «First Previous 272829 ... 213214215 Next Last»
    SirJohnDrake
    Rostos
    SYSTEM
    KittyKatz286
    Drizle
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 256999
    Posts: 5358
    «First Previous 272829 ... 213214215 Next Last»
     
    SirJohnDrake
    SirJohnDrake
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2006
    Posts: 14765
    Posted: Oct. 22, 2011 - 8:19 PM ET #651

    Quote Originally Posted by KittyKatz286:

    The only difference between me and you is that I actually care about my life. You don't care about your life. You care about your death.

    Oh so now you care about your life...lol On pg 22 #547 you said, "Well I don't believe life has a purpose. Why does there have to be one? My life, your life, SJD's life, Rostos' life, they're all completely and utterly meaningless."

    Your life was meaningless a few posts ago and now you care about your meaningless life?...lol Why? You said it was meaningless...lol So let me get this straight...you care about your meaningless life?...lol

     

    On pg 24 #583 I said, "I regard my life as being very meaningful, I have a purpose in living my life, first of all I enjoy it. I give thanks to the Lord for my life and everything He has provided for me and my family. I obey and follow God's laws and someday my life will be even more meaningful, the day that God accepts me to live with Him and the others who are saved in His Kingdom of Heaven for all eternity. Just imagine living a eternal life in paradise! Yes...indeed my life is very meaningful especially when I get to the 2nd stage of my existence it will be the purpose of why I was living on earth in the first place. Anyone who rejects this reward and believes life is just meaningless is well....just a utter fool!"

    And so by saying what I said above clearly shows I care about my life presently and about my life after my death. So this clearly shows you just don't know what you are talking about and you are just a confused individual who is guilty of blind faith the God doesn't exist.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by KittyKatz286:

    The only difference between me and you is that I actually care about my life. You don't care about your life. You care about your death.

    Oh so now you care about your life...lol On pg 22 #547 you said, "Well I don't believe life has a purpose. Why does there have to be one? My life, your life, SJD's life, Rostos' life, they're all completely and utterly meaningless."

    Your life was meaningless a few posts ago and now you care about your meaningless life?...lol Why? You said it was meaningless...lol So let me get this straight...you care about your meaningless life?...lol

     

    On pg 24 #583 I said, "I regard my life as being very meaningful, I have a purpose in living my life, first of all I enjoy it. I give thanks to the Lord for my life and everything He has provided for me and my family. I obey and follow God's laws and someday my life will be even more meaningful, the day that God accepts me to live with Him and the others who are saved in His Kingdom of Heaven for all eternity. Just imagine living a eternal life in paradise! Yes...indeed my life is very meaningful especially when I get to the 2nd stage of my existence it will be the purpose of why I was living on earth in the first place. Anyone who rejects this reward and believes life is just meaningless is well....just a utter fool!"

    And so by saying what I said above clearly shows I care about my life presently and about my life after my death. So this clearly shows you just don't know what you are talking about and you are just a confused individual who is guilty of blind faith the God doesn't exist.

     
    Rostos
    Rostos
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 27785
    Posted: Oct. 22, 2011 - 8:37 PM ET #652

    Quote Originally Posted by SYSTEM:


    No, that is your biggest problem, because after you die you'll just be dead. Just like there was nothing before you were born, there will be nothing after...sorry if that scares you  Keep drinking that juice...

    Who said anything about being scared? Did i? No you did? maybe you are scared, after all, why did you mention then?

    Furthermore, once you are dead, YOU will be dead. You wont see the face of God because YOU CHOSE that path.

    Just because you dont want to see his face. Dont influence others.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by SYSTEM:


    No, that is your biggest problem, because after you die you'll just be dead. Just like there was nothing before you were born, there will be nothing after...sorry if that scares you  Keep drinking that juice...

    Who said anything about being scared? Did i? No you did? maybe you are scared, after all, why did you mention then?

    Furthermore, once you are dead, YOU will be dead. You wont see the face of God because YOU CHOSE that path.

    Just because you dont want to see his face. Dont influence others.

     
    Rostos
    Rostos
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 27785
    Posted: Oct. 22, 2011 - 8:37 PM ET #653

    [Quote: Originally Posted by SirJohnDrake]

    Oh so now you care about your life...lol On pg 22 #547 you said, "Well I don't believe life has a purpose. Why does there have to be one? My life, your life, SJD's life, Rostos' life, they're all completely and utterly meaningless."

    Your life was meaningless a few posts ago and now you care about your meaningless life?...lol Why? You said it was meaningless...lol So let me get this straight...you care about your meaningless life?...lol

     

    On pg 24 #583 I said, "I regard my life as being very meaningful, I have a purpose in living my life, first of all I enjoy it. I give thanks to the Lord for my life and everything He has provided for me and my family. I obey and follow God's laws and someday my life will be even more meaningful, the day that God accepts me to live with Him and the others who are saved in His Kingdom of Heaven for all eternity. Just imagine living a eternal life in paradise! Yes...indeed my life is very meaningful especially when I get to the 2nd stage of my existence it will be the purpose of why I was living on earth in the first place. Anyone who rejects this reward and believes life is just meaningless is well....just a utter fool!"

    And so by saying what I said above clearly shows I care about my life presently and about my life after my death. So this clearly shows you just don't know what you are talking about and you are just a confused individual who is guilty of blind faith the God doesn't exist.

    [/Quote

    Very good pick up

    Reply
    [Quote: Originally Posted by SirJohnDrake]

    Oh so now you care about your life...lol On pg 22 #547 you said, "Well I don't believe life has a purpose. Why does there have to be one? My life, your life, SJD's life, Rostos' life, they're all completely and utterly meaningless."

    Your life was meaningless a few posts ago and now you care about your meaningless life?...lol Why? You said it was meaningless...lol So let me get this straight...you care about your meaningless life?...lol

     

    On pg 24 #583 I said, "I regard my life as being very meaningful, I have a purpose in living my life, first of all I enjoy it. I give thanks to the Lord for my life and everything He has provided for me and my family. I obey and follow God's laws and someday my life will be even more meaningful, the day that God accepts me to live with Him and the others who are saved in His Kingdom of Heaven for all eternity. Just imagine living a eternal life in paradise! Yes...indeed my life is very meaningful especially when I get to the 2nd stage of my existence it will be the purpose of why I was living on earth in the first place. Anyone who rejects this reward and believes life is just meaningless is well....just a utter fool!"

    And so by saying what I said above clearly shows I care about my life presently and about my life after my death. So this clearly shows you just don't know what you are talking about and you are just a confused individual who is guilty of blind faith the God doesn't exist.

    [/Quote

    Very good pick up

     
    SirJohnDrake
    SirJohnDrake
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2006
    Posts: 14765
    Posted: Oct. 22, 2011 - 8:48 PM ET #654

    Quote Originally Posted by Rostos:

    Very good pick up

    KK is just not a sharp individual...very easy to pick him apart...lol

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Rostos:

    Very good pick up

    KK is just not a sharp individual...very easy to pick him apart...lol

     
    SYSTEM
    SYSTEM
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2004
    Posts: 1702
    Posted: Oct. 22, 2011 - 9:10 PM ET #655

    Quote Originally Posted by Rostos:

    Who said anything about being scared? Did i? No you did? maybe you are scared, after all, why did you mention then?

    It's ok rostos, I know a lot of people are scared of dying and no longer existing...keep drinking that juice

    Furthermore, once you are dead, YOU will be dead. You wont see the face of God because YOU CHOSE that path.

     see "his" face, so your god is a man?  you probably seen "him"

    Just because you dont want to see his face. Dont influence others.


     see his face so gullible

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Rostos:

    Who said anything about being scared? Did i? No you did? maybe you are scared, after all, why did you mention then?

    It's ok rostos, I know a lot of people are scared of dying and no longer existing...keep drinking that juice

    Furthermore, once you are dead, YOU will be dead. You wont see the face of God because YOU CHOSE that path.

     see "his" face, so your god is a man?  you probably seen "him"

    Just because you dont want to see his face. Dont influence others.


     see his face so gullible

     
    Rostos
    Rostos
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 27785
    Posted: Oct. 22, 2011 - 10:06 PM ET #656

    Quote Originally Posted by SYSTEM:

    oh and you are not mr tough guy? The person who says other people are afraid of dying are really the most scared themselves....

    If you believe that once you die thats it, why are you then so concerned what other people believe in then?

    Dont try and reverse it, i told you why it is my concern to try and convert non believers, after all, i wouldnt like to see anyone go to hell, but you have absolutely NO reason to convert believers into non believers.......

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by SYSTEM:

    oh and you are not mr tough guy? The person who says other people are afraid of dying are really the most scared themselves....

    If you believe that once you die thats it, why are you then so concerned what other people believe in then?

    Dont try and reverse it, i told you why it is my concern to try and convert non believers, after all, i wouldnt like to see anyone go to hell, but you have absolutely NO reason to convert believers into non believers.......

     

     
    SYSTEM
    SYSTEM
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2004
    Posts: 1702
    Posted: Oct. 22, 2011 - 11:23 PM ET #657

    Quote Originally Posted by Rostos:

    oh and you are not mr tough guy? The person who says other people are afraid of dying are really the most scared themselves....

    If you believe that once you die thats it, why are you then so concerned what other people believe in then?

    Dont try and reverse it, i told you why it is my concern to try and convert non believers, after all, i wouldnt like to see anyone go to hell, but you have absolutely NO reason to convert believers into non believers.......

     


    You got me all figured out, I'm terrified  

    never said I was trying convince or to convert anybody, just stating what a crock I think religion is and why...

    And, if I was trying to "convert" believers into non believers, I would have all kinds of reasons..., one being reality is better than fantasy...

    sad that you have to try to scare people into believing something...keep that fear going, you're doing a great job for those "non believers" 

    tell us some more how we won't see gods face, and about spending an eternity in hell 



    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Rostos:

    oh and you are not mr tough guy? The person who says other people are afraid of dying are really the most scared themselves....

    If you believe that once you die thats it, why are you then so concerned what other people believe in then?

    Dont try and reverse it, i told you why it is my concern to try and convert non believers, after all, i wouldnt like to see anyone go to hell, but you have absolutely NO reason to convert believers into non believers.......

     


    You got me all figured out, I'm terrified  

    never said I was trying convince or to convert anybody, just stating what a crock I think religion is and why...

    And, if I was trying to "convert" believers into non believers, I would have all kinds of reasons..., one being reality is better than fantasy...

    sad that you have to try to scare people into believing something...keep that fear going, you're doing a great job for those "non believers" 

    tell us some more how we won't see gods face, and about spending an eternity in hell 



     
    Rostos
    Rostos
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 27785
    Posted: Oct. 23, 2011 - 12:06 AM ET #658

    Quote Originally Posted by SYSTEM:


    You got me all figured out, I'm terrified  
     
    How am i trying to get you scared? Have i said that you will burn in hell? I merely said you wont see the face if God.

    never said I was trying convince or to convert anybody, just stating what a crock I think religion is and why...
     
    Everyone is entitled to there own opinion. But you havent given one good reason why. And no, dont equivocate all religions together.

    And, if I was trying to "convert" believers into non believers, I would have all kinds of reasons..., one being reality is better than fantasy...
     
    and something coming from nothing is not fantasy?

    sad that you have to try to scare people into believing something...keep that fear going, you're doing a great job for those "non believers" 
     
    Again, i am not trying to scare anyone. Have i said you will BURN in hell?

    tell us some more how we won't see gods face, and about spending an eternity in hell 
     
    Where did i say hell is torture in a fire?



    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by SYSTEM:


    You got me all figured out, I'm terrified  
     
    How am i trying to get you scared? Have i said that you will burn in hell? I merely said you wont see the face if God.

    never said I was trying convince or to convert anybody, just stating what a crock I think religion is and why...
     
    Everyone is entitled to there own opinion. But you havent given one good reason why. And no, dont equivocate all religions together.

    And, if I was trying to "convert" believers into non believers, I would have all kinds of reasons..., one being reality is better than fantasy...
     
    and something coming from nothing is not fantasy?

    sad that you have to try to scare people into believing something...keep that fear going, you're doing a great job for those "non believers" 
     
    Again, i am not trying to scare anyone. Have i said you will BURN in hell?

    tell us some more how we won't see gods face, and about spending an eternity in hell 
     
    Where did i say hell is torture in a fire?



     
    SYSTEM
    SYSTEM
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2004
    Posts: 1702
    Posted: Oct. 23, 2011 - 12:28 AM ET #659

    Quote Originally Posted by Rostos:


    Does your bible not say this:

    Revelation 21:8 "But for the cowardly and UNBELIEVING and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."
     maybe you need to read your bible 

    I know, I'm misinterpreting the bible 

    I have given many reasons why, you just don't listen...


    never said anything about something coming from nothing, that's another subject 




    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Rostos:


    Does your bible not say this:

    Revelation 21:8 "But for the cowardly and UNBELIEVING and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."
     maybe you need to read your bible 

    I know, I'm misinterpreting the bible 

    I have given many reasons why, you just don't listen...


    never said anything about something coming from nothing, that's another subject 




     
    Rostos
    Rostos
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 27785
    Posted: Oct. 23, 2011 - 12:53 AM ET #660

    Quote Originally Posted by SYSTEM:


    Does your bible not say this:

    Revelation 21:8 "But for the cowardly and UNBELIEVING and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."
     maybe you need to read your bible 

    I know, I'm misinterpreting the bible 

    I have given many reasons why, you just don't listen...


    never said anything about something coming from nothing, that's another subject 




    The bible also states that Jesus opens doors....Is he really standing next to a door allowing people to come in and out literally like a consierge?

    The bible also states to cut your right hand off if it is causing you to sin. Does God really want everyone with no right hand?

    I have explained to you 50 billion times not to read all the chapters in the bible with the same lense...You refuse to listen, what more can i do...

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by SYSTEM:


    Does your bible not say this:

    Revelation 21:8 "But for the cowardly and UNBELIEVING and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."
     maybe you need to read your bible 

    I know, I'm misinterpreting the bible 

    I have given many reasons why, you just don't listen...


    never said anything about something coming from nothing, that's another subject 




    The bible also states that Jesus opens doors....Is he really standing next to a door allowing people to come in and out literally like a consierge?

    The bible also states to cut your right hand off if it is causing you to sin. Does God really want everyone with no right hand?

    I have explained to you 50 billion times not to read all the chapters in the bible with the same lense...You refuse to listen, what more can i do...

     
    SYSTEM
    SYSTEM
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2004
    Posts: 1702
    Posted: Oct. 23, 2011 - 1:17 AM ET #661

    Quote Originally Posted by Rostos:

    The bible also states that Jesus opens doors....Is he really standing next to a door allowing people to come in and out literally like a consierge?

    The bible also states to cut your right hand off if it is causing you to sin. Does God really want everyone with no right hand?

    I have explained to you 50 billion times not to read all the chapters in the bible with the same lense...You refuse to listen, what more can i do...


    so I guess that passage means, if you don't believe you won't see gods face   

    maybe I'll just use the same "lens" you use, the one that makes everything wrong with the bible look good  

    you and your bible are a joke 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Rostos:

    The bible also states that Jesus opens doors....Is he really standing next to a door allowing people to come in and out literally like a consierge?

    The bible also states to cut your right hand off if it is causing you to sin. Does God really want everyone with no right hand?

    I have explained to you 50 billion times not to read all the chapters in the bible with the same lense...You refuse to listen, what more can i do...


    so I guess that passage means, if you don't believe you won't see gods face   

    maybe I'll just use the same "lens" you use, the one that makes everything wrong with the bible look good  

    you and your bible are a joke 
     
    KittyKatz286
    KittyKatz286
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 1988
    Posted: Oct. 23, 2011 - 3:42 AM ET #662

    You can keep taking things out of context (because if you don't, you have no response...but I'm the dumb one...ok) but how you manage to conflate life being meaningless and me caring about my life into the same idea is astounding. How does the fact that I know that everyone's life is ultimately meaningless have anything to do with how much I care about my life? I care about my life. I want to enjoy my life. I want to have fun. I want to be happy. None of these things conflict with the fact that my life is meaningless.

    I'm not clever? You just said and I QUOTE: And so by saying what I said above clearly shows I care about my life presently and about my life after my death.

    You care about LIFE after DEATH. LMAOOOOOOO. Do you realize how ridiculous that statement is? Is is IMPOSSIBLE for there to be LIFE after DEATH because DEATH, by definition, is the END of LIFE. Furthermore, if you cared about your LIFE, you wouldn't care about your death. The two are mutually exclusive. You can't care about both because if you care about your death, by default, you don't care about your life. I know this won't make sense to you because you have deactivated the part of your brain dedicated to logic and problem solving, but it is basic deductive logic.

    YOUR ENTIRE FAITH IS BASED ON MAGIC AND HEARSAY, ON THINGS THAT CONTRADICT EVERYTHING WE KNOW ABOUT THE WORLD. But I have "blind faith" that god doesn't exist. You're right. I also have "blind faith" that there isn't an invisible pink elephant next to me right now, and "blind faith" that Obama isn't being controlled by a little green lizard. Yep. You sure know the definition of "faith." Which is interesting in and of itself...your entire belief system is based on faith, but you don't even know what the word means. Kinda funny if you ask me.
    Reply
    You can keep taking things out of context (because if you don't, you have no response...but I'm the dumb one...ok) but how you manage to conflate life being meaningless and me caring about my life into the same idea is astounding. How does the fact that I know that everyone's life is ultimately meaningless have anything to do with how much I care about my life? I care about my life. I want to enjoy my life. I want to have fun. I want to be happy. None of these things conflict with the fact that my life is meaningless.

    I'm not clever? You just said and I QUOTE: And so by saying what I said above clearly shows I care about my life presently and about my life after my death.

    You care about LIFE after DEATH. LMAOOOOOOO. Do you realize how ridiculous that statement is? Is is IMPOSSIBLE for there to be LIFE after DEATH because DEATH, by definition, is the END of LIFE. Furthermore, if you cared about your LIFE, you wouldn't care about your death. The two are mutually exclusive. You can't care about both because if you care about your death, by default, you don't care about your life. I know this won't make sense to you because you have deactivated the part of your brain dedicated to logic and problem solving, but it is basic deductive logic.

    YOUR ENTIRE FAITH IS BASED ON MAGIC AND HEARSAY, ON THINGS THAT CONTRADICT EVERYTHING WE KNOW ABOUT THE WORLD. But I have "blind faith" that god doesn't exist. You're right. I also have "blind faith" that there isn't an invisible pink elephant next to me right now, and "blind faith" that Obama isn't being controlled by a little green lizard. Yep. You sure know the definition of "faith." Which is interesting in and of itself...your entire belief system is based on faith, but you don't even know what the word means. Kinda funny if you ask me.
     
    Drizle
    Drizle
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 466
    Posted: Oct. 23, 2011 - 4:17 AM ET #663

    Quote Originally Posted by Rostos:

    oh and you are not mr tough guy? The person who says other people are afraid of dying are really the most scared themselves....

    If you believe that once you die thats it, why are you then so concerned what other people believe in then?

    Dont try and reverse it, i told you why it is my concern to try and convert non believers, after all, i wouldnt like to see anyone go to hell, but you have absolutely NO reason to convert believers into non believers.......

     


    When you say non believers what exactly do you mean?  Are you speaking of people who don't believe the same way you do or something else?  If I believe in a higher power, something greater than us humans whatever that may be, does this deem me into hell?  If so, how is that possible?  I will not say that Jesus is my Lord and savior.  I don't believe that.  I think he once was alive on this planet as a human.  Nothing more than that.  But it seems according to you and Sir John Drake, I will be cast into hell for this.  Why?  What makes you think that?  Neither one of you has any more knowledge than any other other living being on this planet about what happens after death.  Its a great mystery.  We are small little specks on a tiny little planet in a large galaxy that's part of a vast universe that none of us can begin to comprehend how big it is.  I do ask you Rostos or SJD,  with the billions of stars and planets in our universe, statistically there should be life on other planets, right?  I have no proof of this but it does make sense mathematically.  So if that is correct, did God send Jesus down to those planets as well?  It would only make sense that God did.  We can't be the only ones, can we?   
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Rostos:

    oh and you are not mr tough guy? The person who says other people are afraid of dying are really the most scared themselves....

    If you believe that once you die thats it, why are you then so concerned what other people believe in then?

    Dont try and reverse it, i told you why it is my concern to try and convert non believers, after all, i wouldnt like to see anyone go to hell, but you have absolutely NO reason to convert believers into non believers.......

     


    When you say non believers what exactly do you mean?  Are you speaking of people who don't believe the same way you do or something else?  If I believe in a higher power, something greater than us humans whatever that may be, does this deem me into hell?  If so, how is that possible?  I will not say that Jesus is my Lord and savior.  I don't believe that.  I think he once was alive on this planet as a human.  Nothing more than that.  But it seems according to you and Sir John Drake, I will be cast into hell for this.  Why?  What makes you think that?  Neither one of you has any more knowledge than any other other living being on this planet about what happens after death.  Its a great mystery.  We are small little specks on a tiny little planet in a large galaxy that's part of a vast universe that none of us can begin to comprehend how big it is.  I do ask you Rostos or SJD,  with the billions of stars and planets in our universe, statistically there should be life on other planets, right?  I have no proof of this but it does make sense mathematically.  So if that is correct, did God send Jesus down to those planets as well?  It would only make sense that God did.  We can't be the only ones, can we?   
     
    Drizle
    Drizle
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 466
    Posted: Oct. 23, 2011 - 4:37 AM ET #664

    Quote Originally Posted by KittyKatz286:

    You can keep taking things out of context (because if you don't, you have no response...but I'm the dumb one...ok) but how you manage to conflate life being meaningless and me caring about my life into the same idea is astounding. How does the fact that I know that everyone's life is ultimately meaningless have anything to do with how much I care about my life? I care about my life. I want to enjoy my life. I want to have fun. I want to be happy. None of these things conflict with the fact that my life is meaningless.

    I'm not clever? You just said and I QUOTE: And so by saying what I said above clearly shows I care about my life presently and about my life after my death.

    You care about LIFE after DEATH. LMAOOOOOOO. Do you realize how ridiculous that statement is? Is is IMPOSSIBLE for there to be LIFE after DEATH because DEATH, by definition, is the END of LIFE. Furthermore, if you cared about your LIFE, you wouldn't care about your death. The two are mutually exclusive. You can't care about both because if you care about your death, by default, you don't care about your life. I know this won't make sense to you because you have deactivated the part of your brain dedicated to logic and problem solving, but it is basic deductive logic.

    YOUR ENTIRE FAITH IS BASED ON MAGIC AND HEARSAY, ON THINGS THAT CONTRADICT EVERYTHING WE KNOW ABOUT THE WORLD. But I have "blind faith" that god doesn't exist. You're right. I also have "blind faith" that there isn't an invisible pink elephant next to me right now, and "blind faith" that Obama isn't being controlled by a little green lizard. Yep. You sure know the definition of "faith." Which is interesting in and of itself...your entire belief system is based on faith, but you don't even know what the word means. Kinda funny if you ask me.

    I disagree with you a bit KittyKatz.  I do think that there is something after death.  What it is I have no clue.  And obviously I could be wrong as well.  It certainly isn't life as we know it it now.  But I don't think our energy ever goes away.  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by KittyKatz286:

    You can keep taking things out of context (because if you don't, you have no response...but I'm the dumb one...ok) but how you manage to conflate life being meaningless and me caring about my life into the same idea is astounding. How does the fact that I know that everyone's life is ultimately meaningless have anything to do with how much I care about my life? I care about my life. I want to enjoy my life. I want to have fun. I want to be happy. None of these things conflict with the fact that my life is meaningless.

    I'm not clever? You just said and I QUOTE: And so by saying what I said above clearly shows I care about my life presently and about my life after my death.

    You care about LIFE after DEATH. LMAOOOOOOO. Do you realize how ridiculous that statement is? Is is IMPOSSIBLE for there to be LIFE after DEATH because DEATH, by definition, is the END of LIFE. Furthermore, if you cared about your LIFE, you wouldn't care about your death. The two are mutually exclusive. You can't care about both because if you care about your death, by default, you don't care about your life. I know this won't make sense to you because you have deactivated the part of your brain dedicated to logic and problem solving, but it is basic deductive logic.

    YOUR ENTIRE FAITH IS BASED ON MAGIC AND HEARSAY, ON THINGS THAT CONTRADICT EVERYTHING WE KNOW ABOUT THE WORLD. But I have "blind faith" that god doesn't exist. You're right. I also have "blind faith" that there isn't an invisible pink elephant next to me right now, and "blind faith" that Obama isn't being controlled by a little green lizard. Yep. You sure know the definition of "faith." Which is interesting in and of itself...your entire belief system is based on faith, but you don't even know what the word means. Kinda funny if you ask me.

    I disagree with you a bit KittyKatz.  I do think that there is something after death.  What it is I have no clue.  And obviously I could be wrong as well.  It certainly isn't life as we know it it now.  But I don't think our energy ever goes away.  
     
    Rostos
    Rostos
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 27785
    Posted: Oct. 23, 2011 - 6:07 AM ET #665

    Quote Originally Posted by SYSTEM:


    so I guess that passage means, if you don't believe you won't see gods face   

    maybe I'll just use the same "lens" you use, the one that makes everything wrong with the bible look good  

    you and your bible are a joke 

    If it is a fairytale to you, why do you care so much?

    If i started a thread about cinderella or about the wizard of Oz, would you still be arguing that my beliefs in these fairytales?

    Would you still be on this thread 27 pages later arguing with me?

    Dare i say you would have called me mad on page 1 and never returned, you and Kitty Katz, but for some reason you are really at it on here. Pretty strange for someone who thinks its all a fairy tale?

    Your actions are speaking louder than any words you have ever spoken....

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by SYSTEM:


    so I guess that passage means, if you don't believe you won't see gods face   

    maybe I'll just use the same "lens" you use, the one that makes everything wrong with the bible look good  

    you and your bible are a joke 

    If it is a fairytale to you, why do you care so much?

    If i started a thread about cinderella or about the wizard of Oz, would you still be arguing that my beliefs in these fairytales?

    Would you still be on this thread 27 pages later arguing with me?

    Dare i say you would have called me mad on page 1 and never returned, you and Kitty Katz, but for some reason you are really at it on here. Pretty strange for someone who thinks its all a fairy tale?

    Your actions are speaking louder than any words you have ever spoken....

     
    Rostos
    Rostos
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 27785
    Posted: Oct. 23, 2011 - 6:15 AM ET #666

    Quote Originally Posted by Drizle:


    When you say non believers what exactly do you mean?  Are you speaking of people who don't believe the same way you do or something else?  If I believe in a higher power, something greater than us humans whatever that may be, does this deem me into hell?  If so, how is that possible?  I will not say that Jesus is my Lord and savior.  I don't believe that.  I think he once was alive on this planet as a human.  Nothing more than that.  But it seems according to you and Sir John Drake, I will be cast into hell for this.  Why?  What makes you think that?  Neither one of you has any more knowledge than any other other living being on this planet about what happens after death.  Its a great mystery.  We are small little specks on a tiny little planet in a large galaxy that's part of a vast universe that none of us can begin to comprehend how big it is.  I do ask you Rostos or SJD,  with the billions of stars and planets in our universe, statistically there should be life on other planets, right?  I have no proof of this but it does make sense mathematically.  So if that is correct, did God send Jesus down to those planets as well?  It would only make sense that God did.  We can't be the only ones, can we?   

    I am not the judge.

    My beliefs are firmly entrenched as a Christian purely because we are all sinners. Our relationship with God is fractured because of sin. God sent Jesus down to reedem us for our sins. The world is what it is because of sin and only because of sin.

    People choose to put there faith into other things, that is there choice.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Drizle:


    When you say non believers what exactly do you mean?  Are you speaking of people who don't believe the same way you do or something else?  If I believe in a higher power, something greater than us humans whatever that may be, does this deem me into hell?  If so, how is that possible?  I will not say that Jesus is my Lord and savior.  I don't believe that.  I think he once was alive on this planet as a human.  Nothing more than that.  But it seems according to you and Sir John Drake, I will be cast into hell for this.  Why?  What makes you think that?  Neither one of you has any more knowledge than any other other living being on this planet about what happens after death.  Its a great mystery.  We are small little specks on a tiny little planet in a large galaxy that's part of a vast universe that none of us can begin to comprehend how big it is.  I do ask you Rostos or SJD,  with the billions of stars and planets in our universe, statistically there should be life on other planets, right?  I have no proof of this but it does make sense mathematically.  So if that is correct, did God send Jesus down to those planets as well?  It would only make sense that God did.  We can't be the only ones, can we?   

    I am not the judge.

    My beliefs are firmly entrenched as a Christian purely because we are all sinners. Our relationship with God is fractured because of sin. God sent Jesus down to reedem us for our sins. The world is what it is because of sin and only because of sin.

    People choose to put there faith into other things, that is there choice.

     
    rpw612
    rpw612
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2011
    Posts: 11
    Posted: Oct. 23, 2011 - 9:22 AM ET #667

    It comes down to free will.  Man has a choice to believe in the Gospel or not.  Without free will,  salvation would not exist.  Rostos and SJD are correct.
    Reply
    It comes down to free will.  Man has a choice to believe in the Gospel or not.  Without free will,  salvation would not exist.  Rostos and SJD are correct.
     
    SYSTEM
    SYSTEM
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2004
    Posts: 1702
    Posted: Oct. 23, 2011 - 10:48 AM ET #668

    Quote Originally Posted by Rostos:

    If it is a fairytale to you, why do you care so much?

    If i started a thread about cinderella or about the wizard of Oz, would you still be arguing that my beliefs in these fairytales?

    Would you still be on this thread 27 pages later arguing with me?

    Dare i say you would have called me mad on page 1 and never returned, you and Kitty Katz, but for some reason you are really at it on here. Pretty strange for someone who thinks its all a fairy tale?

    Your actions are speaking louder than any words you have ever spoken....


    because people like you who believe in fairytales affect my life and the world we live in...
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Rostos:

    If it is a fairytale to you, why do you care so much?

    If i started a thread about cinderella or about the wizard of Oz, would you still be arguing that my beliefs in these fairytales?

    Would you still be on this thread 27 pages later arguing with me?

    Dare i say you would have called me mad on page 1 and never returned, you and Kitty Katz, but for some reason you are really at it on here. Pretty strange for someone who thinks its all a fairy tale?

    Your actions are speaking louder than any words you have ever spoken....


    because people like you who believe in fairytales affect my life and the world we live in...
     
    KittyKatz286
    KittyKatz286
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 1988
    Posted: Oct. 23, 2011 - 11:08 AM ET #669

    You see Drizle. You see why you can't reason with Rostos and SJD. Everything you said Drizle was either absolute fact or you clearly indicated it was what you believed. Rostos makes this claim that we're all "sinners" as if this is fact. We all know god didn't send Jesus down. We all know he was born and died like the rest of us. But that is a very good point you made about Jesus on other planets. But of course, the bible says nothing about that.
    Reply
    You see Drizle. You see why you can't reason with Rostos and SJD. Everything you said Drizle was either absolute fact or you clearly indicated it was what you believed. Rostos makes this claim that we're all "sinners" as if this is fact. We all know god didn't send Jesus down. We all know he was born and died like the rest of us. But that is a very good point you made about Jesus on other planets. But of course, the bible says nothing about that.
     
    Rostos
    Rostos
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 27785
    Posted: Oct. 23, 2011 - 11:42 AM ET #670

    Quote Originally Posted by SYSTEM:


    because people like you who believe in fairytales affect my life and the world we live in...

    is that right? And what about atheists who have gone down as the biggest mass murders in human history.

    Nothing comes close.....

    I am sure they have impacted on the human race much larger than any religion in a negative way.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by SYSTEM:


    because people like you who believe in fairytales affect my life and the world we live in...

    is that right? And what about atheists who have gone down as the biggest mass murders in human history.

    Nothing comes close.....

    I am sure they have impacted on the human race much larger than any religion in a negative way.

     
    Rostos
    Rostos
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 27785
    Posted: Oct. 23, 2011 - 11:47 AM ET #671

    Quote Originally Posted by KittyKatz286:

    You see Drizle. You see why you can't reason with Rostos and SJD. Everything you said Drizle was either absolute fact or you clearly indicated it was what you believed. Rostos makes this claim that we're all "sinners" as if this is fact. We all know god didn't send Jesus down. We all know he was born and died like the rest of us. But that is a very good point you made about Jesus on other planets. But of course, the bible says nothing about that.

    So we arent all sinners?

    Life on other planets? On one hand, you want proof or evidence of God yet on the other hand you say there is other life on other planets even though there is no proof....

    Strange

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by KittyKatz286:

    You see Drizle. You see why you can't reason with Rostos and SJD. Everything you said Drizle was either absolute fact or you clearly indicated it was what you believed. Rostos makes this claim that we're all "sinners" as if this is fact. We all know god didn't send Jesus down. We all know he was born and died like the rest of us. But that is a very good point you made about Jesus on other planets. But of course, the bible says nothing about that.

    So we arent all sinners?

    Life on other planets? On one hand, you want proof or evidence of God yet on the other hand you say there is other life on other planets even though there is no proof....

    Strange

     
    SirJohnDrake
    SirJohnDrake
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2006
    Posts: 14765
    Posted: Oct. 23, 2011 - 2:18 PM ET #672

    Quote Originally Posted by Rostos:

    So we arent all sinners?

    Life on other planets? On one hand, you want proof or evidence of God yet on the other hand you say there is other life on other planets even though there is no proof....

    Strange

    Yeah, I must agree with you Rostos...that cat kittykat dude is pretty darn strange...it's because he is confused and is guilty of having blind faith that God doesn't exist.

    He brings up the notion of there is the possibility of life on other planets that Jesus might have visited with no evidence whatsoever but when we put forth evidence that Jesus was the only begotten Son of God who lived here on earth and did many miracles and after His death resurrected from the dead which gives proof that God exist he rejects it...yes, pretty strange cat indeed!...lol

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Rostos:

    So we arent all sinners?

    Life on other planets? On one hand, you want proof or evidence of God yet on the other hand you say there is other life on other planets even though there is no proof....

    Strange

    Yeah, I must agree with you Rostos...that cat kittykat dude is pretty darn strange...it's because he is confused and is guilty of having blind faith that God doesn't exist.

    He brings up the notion of there is the possibility of life on other planets that Jesus might have visited with no evidence whatsoever but when we put forth evidence that Jesus was the only begotten Son of God who lived here on earth and did many miracles and after His death resurrected from the dead which gives proof that God exist he rejects it...yes, pretty strange cat indeed!...lol

     
    SirJohnDrake
    SirJohnDrake
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2006
    Posts: 14765
    Posted: Oct. 23, 2011 - 2:21 PM ET #673

    The more kk opens his mouth the more evident it is that he is so so so confused...lol

    Maybe someday he'll wake up from his confusion and see the

     

    Reply

    The more kk opens his mouth the more evident it is that he is so so so confused...lol

    Maybe someday he'll wake up from his confusion and see the

     

     
    SirJohnDrake
    SirJohnDrake
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2006
    Posts: 14765
    Posted: Oct. 23, 2011 - 2:52 PM ET #674

    Quote Originally Posted by Drizle:


     I will not say that Jesus is my Lord and savior.  I don't believe that.  I think he once was alive on this planet as a human.  Nothing more than that.  But it seems according to you and Sir John Drake, I will be cast into hell for this.  Why?  What makes you think that?  
     
    It is not what makes us think that but rather it is what makes us know that you will be cast into hell for your rejection of Jesus Christ as your Lord Savior.
     
    Rostos and I aren't making up the punishment...go read the Holy Bible it tells you plain and clear what happens to people who reject Jesus Christ.
     
    Read anyone of the Gospels in the New Testament. Start with the Gospel of Matthew.
     
    God gives everyone freedom of choice. You can elect to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord Savior or reject Jesus Christ as your Lord Savior...the choice is yours as an individual to make!
     
    All I can say to you is choose wisely!
     
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Drizle:


     I will not say that Jesus is my Lord and savior.  I don't believe that.  I think he once was alive on this planet as a human.  Nothing more than that.  But it seems according to you and Sir John Drake, I will be cast into hell for this.  Why?  What makes you think that?  
     
    It is not what makes us think that but rather it is what makes us know that you will be cast into hell for your rejection of Jesus Christ as your Lord Savior.
     
    Rostos and I aren't making up the punishment...go read the Holy Bible it tells you plain and clear what happens to people who reject Jesus Christ.
     
    Read anyone of the Gospels in the New Testament. Start with the Gospel of Matthew.
     
    God gives everyone freedom of choice. You can elect to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord Savior or reject Jesus Christ as your Lord Savior...the choice is yours as an individual to make!
     
    All I can say to you is choose wisely!
     
     
     
    SirJohnDrake
    SirJohnDrake
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2006
    Posts: 14765
    Posted: Oct. 23, 2011 - 6:57 PM ET #675

    Quote Originally Posted by RJSmith:



    Why were the first European people who came to America?
    Did it have something to do with the fighting within Christianity?

    Many groups of colonists came to the Americas searching for the right to practice their religion without persecution. The lure of cheap land, religious freedom and the right to improve themselves with their own hand was very attractive to those who wished to escape from persecution and poverty.

    So no...Europeans coming to America had nothing to do with the fighting within Christianity. The explanation I gave you above pretty much sums up the reasons why Europeans began colonizing America and leaving Europe.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by RJSmith:



    Why were the first European people who came to America?
    Did it have something to do with the fighting within Christianity?

    Many groups of colonists came to the Americas searching for the right to practice their religion without persecution. The lure of cheap land, religious freedom and the right to improve themselves with their own hand was very attractive to those who wished to escape from persecution and poverty.

    So no...Europeans coming to America had nothing to do with the fighting within Christianity. The explanation I gave you above pretty much sums up the reasons why Europeans began colonizing America and leaving Europe.

    All Forums | General Discussion
    «First Previous 272829 ... 213214215 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,391
    • Sunday 10/04/2026 687
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,329
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 8,499
    • This Seattle Line Is Begging for a Discussion 2,820
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,495
    • __________ 📌 🏈 ?? Fubah's NFL 2026: Week 04 🚩🚩🚩🚩 13,224
    • Lions vs Panthers in game live SNF 1,870
    • Sunday nFl Wk 4 8,148
    • NFL THREAD * 151 * 16,845

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.