• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Politics

    The Joe Biden Diary

    «First Previous 454647 ... 949596 Next Last»
    KellyM_1964
    Raiders22
    UNIMAN
    kcblitzkrieg
    wallstreetcappers
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 6523
    Posts: 2390
    «First Previous 454647 ... 949596 Next Last»
     
    KellyM_1964
    KellyM_1964
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2009
    Posts: 16757
    Posted: Oct. 12, 2023 - 12:02 AM ET #1101

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    @Rush51  Free speech is a mirage, it does not exist. Twitter is a voluntary site, you can go there or not it is your choice. You cannot force Dorsey to follow what you think is free speech no more than I can do the same to Musk. People cannot and should not speak freely because they cannot and be respectful to a general society. Human nature makes "free speech" impossible

    @wallstreetcappers  peace_5

    merit in what u said there       true free speech is a bit of an illusion in some ways 

    "I'm the MOST HONEST human being that GOD EVER created!" - Donald "the felon" Trump
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    @Rush51  Free speech is a mirage, it does not exist. Twitter is a voluntary site, you can go there or not it is your choice. You cannot force Dorsey to follow what you think is free speech no more than I can do the same to Musk. People cannot and should not speak freely because they cannot and be respectful to a general society. Human nature makes "free speech" impossible

    @wallstreetcappers  peace_5

    merit in what u said there       true free speech is a bit of an illusion in some ways 

     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34342
    Posted: Oct. 12, 2023 - 1:29 AM ET #1102

    @joe pockets

     

    Quote Originally Posted by joe pockets:

    @Raiders22  My error was meant as a thread !

    peace_5

    Reply

    @joe pockets

     

    Quote Originally Posted by joe pockets:

    @Raiders22  My error was meant as a thread !

    peace_5

     
    UNIMAN
    UNIMAN
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2014
    Posts: 10454
    Posted: Oct. 13, 2023 - 9:38 AM ET #1103

    Joe Biden lied and said he saw pictures of terrorists beheading children.

    Then NBC News posts a headline; "WhiteHouse clarifies Biden's claim he saw photos of terrorists beheading children..."

    Clarify???

    "The White House did not immediately respond to a request for further details about Biden’s remarks. Two senior administration officials said Biden was referring to reports from Israel about beheaded children and cited several media reports of beheadings."

    How does that clarify the lie he saw actual pictures??? What if Trump said he saw these fictitious pictures?? Would NBC say "Well, uh, Trump clarified that statement....." an_roll_laugh

    Reply

    Joe Biden lied and said he saw pictures of terrorists beheading children.

    Then NBC News posts a headline; "WhiteHouse clarifies Biden's claim he saw photos of terrorists beheading children..."

    Clarify???

    "The White House did not immediately respond to a request for further details about Biden’s remarks. Two senior administration officials said Biden was referring to reports from Israel about beheaded children and cited several media reports of beheadings."

    How does that clarify the lie he saw actual pictures??? What if Trump said he saw these fictitious pictures?? Would NBC say "Well, uh, Trump clarified that statement....." an_roll_laugh

     
    kcblitzkrieg
    kcblitzkrieg
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 7998
    Posted: Oct. 13, 2023 - 10:07 AM ET #1104

    @wallstreetcappers

     pretty sure it was your boy Musk who coined the Twitter "policy" saying.... "Freedom of speech is not freedom of reach".  an_light 

     

    You will not survive here. You are not a wolf, and this is the land of wolves now...
    Reply

    @wallstreetcappers

     pretty sure it was your boy Musk who coined the Twitter "policy" saying.... "Freedom of speech is not freedom of reach".  an_light 

     

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Oct. 13, 2023 - 10:50 AM ET #1105

    @kcblitzkrieg

     

    I can see you are sweet on Musk, you keep defending him and I am not sure why you feel the need to do that. Its ok that you like him, I just do not and that is ok too.

    My issue is how people like you and others make that hard partisan stance that Dorsey Twitter was less or no freedom of speech and Musk Twitter is the opposite, that is just false for the reasons I stated.

    Musk has his own agenda, his own stamp on that private company but he does not support free speech at all, nor should he. But one thing is for sure he casts his royal judgement on the previous owners and condemns them, that is fully in his character and partly why I dislike him. The guy is a little ego smug know it all and shows a total lack of respect and class in how he conducts himself. For someone who survived due to the government he sure seems to stand on his dirt pile to condemn them. If it werent for government support, FED ZIRP and subsidies/carbon credits, Tesla would not have survived and I believe that 100%. So how about your boy shut his trap and be thankful for that institution he bashes so regularly?

    Freedom of speech is a lightning rod to enrage people and yet few understand it is fake and hollow and impossible, most do not get that those who yap about it the most are likely why it cannot exist and function in society, people cannot control their mouths and biases, they do not know when to stop and where to draw the line and while Musk does not go as far as to be thrown in jail he for sure divides and paints a fake picture of the situation and that is largely why his version of Twitter is not all that different than Dorsey's, but he sure could fill your ear about how he is superior to anyone on the planet.

    an_roll_laugh

    Reply

    @kcblitzkrieg

     

    I can see you are sweet on Musk, you keep defending him and I am not sure why you feel the need to do that. Its ok that you like him, I just do not and that is ok too.

    My issue is how people like you and others make that hard partisan stance that Dorsey Twitter was less or no freedom of speech and Musk Twitter is the opposite, that is just false for the reasons I stated.

    Musk has his own agenda, his own stamp on that private company but he does not support free speech at all, nor should he. But one thing is for sure he casts his royal judgement on the previous owners and condemns them, that is fully in his character and partly why I dislike him. The guy is a little ego smug know it all and shows a total lack of respect and class in how he conducts himself. For someone who survived due to the government he sure seems to stand on his dirt pile to condemn them. If it werent for government support, FED ZIRP and subsidies/carbon credits, Tesla would not have survived and I believe that 100%. So how about your boy shut his trap and be thankful for that institution he bashes so regularly?

    Freedom of speech is a lightning rod to enrage people and yet few understand it is fake and hollow and impossible, most do not get that those who yap about it the most are likely why it cannot exist and function in society, people cannot control their mouths and biases, they do not know when to stop and where to draw the line and while Musk does not go as far as to be thrown in jail he for sure divides and paints a fake picture of the situation and that is largely why his version of Twitter is not all that different than Dorsey's, but he sure could fill your ear about how he is superior to anyone on the planet.

    an_roll_laugh

     
    kcblitzkrieg
    kcblitzkrieg
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 7998
    Posted: Oct. 13, 2023 - 10:58 AM ET #1106

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    @kcblitzkrieg I can see you are sweet on Musk, you keep defending him and I am not sure why you feel the need to do that. Its ok that you like him, I just do not and that is ok too. My issue is how people like you and others make that hard partisan stance that Dorsey Twitter was less or no freedom of speech and Musk Twitter is the opposite, that is just false for the reasons I stated. Musk has his own agenda, his own stamp on that private company but he does not support free speech at all, nor should he. But one thing is for sure he casts his royal judgement on the previous owners and condemns them, that is fully in his character and partly why I dislike him. The guy is a little ego smug know it all and shows a total lack of respect and class in how he conducts himself. For someone who survived due to the government he sure seems to stand on his dirt pile to condemn them. If it werent for government support, FED ZIRP and rebates, Tesla would not have survived and I believe that 100%. So how about your boy shut his trap and be thankful for that institution he bashes so regularly? Freedom of speech is a lightning rod to enrage people and yet few understand it is fake and hollow and impossible, most do not get that those who yap about it the most are likely why it cannot exist and function in society, people cannot control their mouths and biases, they do not know when to stop and where to draw the line and while Musk does not go as far as to be thrown in jail he for sure divides and paints a fake picture of the situation and that is largely why his version of Twitter is not all that different than Dorsey's, but he sure could fill your ear about how he is superior to anyone on the planet.

    Not sweet no I've previously posted my issues with Musky but how can one argue or hate on his passion for what he does??  The leader in EV development, space, rocket tech, Mars...."man kind" and not global depopulation.... Not talking about the twitter purchase as that was just an investment in one of, if not, the greatest information/data/resource gathering sources of humanity out there.  The value in A.I. gathering and tech development alone is a fascinating case study, but I digress... 

    I thought you would appreciate that quote actually WSC...."freedom of speech does not equal freedom of reach".... you don't like that one?  

    You will not survive here. You are not a wolf, and this is the land of wolves now...
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    @kcblitzkrieg I can see you are sweet on Musk, you keep defending him and I am not sure why you feel the need to do that. Its ok that you like him, I just do not and that is ok too. My issue is how people like you and others make that hard partisan stance that Dorsey Twitter was less or no freedom of speech and Musk Twitter is the opposite, that is just false for the reasons I stated. Musk has his own agenda, his own stamp on that private company but he does not support free speech at all, nor should he. But one thing is for sure he casts his royal judgement on the previous owners and condemns them, that is fully in his character and partly why I dislike him. The guy is a little ego smug know it all and shows a total lack of respect and class in how he conducts himself. For someone who survived due to the government he sure seems to stand on his dirt pile to condemn them. If it werent for government support, FED ZIRP and rebates, Tesla would not have survived and I believe that 100%. So how about your boy shut his trap and be thankful for that institution he bashes so regularly? Freedom of speech is a lightning rod to enrage people and yet few understand it is fake and hollow and impossible, most do not get that those who yap about it the most are likely why it cannot exist and function in society, people cannot control their mouths and biases, they do not know when to stop and where to draw the line and while Musk does not go as far as to be thrown in jail he for sure divides and paints a fake picture of the situation and that is largely why his version of Twitter is not all that different than Dorsey's, but he sure could fill your ear about how he is superior to anyone on the planet.

    Not sweet no I've previously posted my issues with Musky but how can one argue or hate on his passion for what he does??  The leader in EV development, space, rocket tech, Mars...."man kind" and not global depopulation.... Not talking about the twitter purchase as that was just an investment in one of, if not, the greatest information/data/resource gathering sources of humanity out there.  The value in A.I. gathering and tech development alone is a fascinating case study, but I digress... 

    I thought you would appreciate that quote actually WSC...."freedom of speech does not equal freedom of reach".... you don't like that one?  

     
    spockgato
    spockgato
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2005
    Posts: 15326
    Posted: Oct. 13, 2023 - 10:58 AM ET #1107

    You’re better than that wall . You’re like a cashmere sweater brother , stop pretending that you are a nylon tank top . I know that you can stay away from doing what you vilify and scold the most . The only bias that I’ll ever miss is Len …..

    wallstreetcappers craps in his draws and pees fuckin backwards from his vaj with a squirt.
    Reply

    You’re better than that wall . You’re like a cashmere sweater brother , stop pretending that you are a nylon tank top . I know that you can stay away from doing what you vilify and scold the most . The only bias that I’ll ever miss is Len …..

     
    kcblitzkrieg
    kcblitzkrieg
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 7998
    Posted: Oct. 13, 2023 - 11:17 AM ET #1108

    @wallstreetcappers

     You are skipping or ignoring my previous comments and point.... If you have never read the Twitter files then you will have no clue.  Can't help you there.  

    I have conceded to you on your comment... "My issue is how people like you and others make that hard partisan stance that Dorsey Twitter was less or no freedom of speech and Musk Twitter is the opposite, that is just false for the reasons I stated"

    I'm not disagreeing that is was less or no freedom of speech under Dorsey.  Jack himself has stated his qualms about what happened with his company in the final years of his control.  That is straight from the horses mouth, go read it, it's posted and those aren't my words.  What happened under the previous two Presidents and the associated regimes was the furthest thing from transparency....old twitter was government censorship, MSM control and messaging.  New twitter is not under government control, MSM bs propaganda and censorship.  Is there censorship?  Yes of course, it is not "free speech" as in "let me post and say whatever I want without consequences".  There are sick, vile twisted people out in the world.  Should child abusers, rapists, anti-semetics, racists and the like be given a platform to spread their disgusting behavior / messaging??  I think most would agree not, but previous examples under old Twitter were not limited to these types.... the targeted shadow banning, censorship and elimination of information on only one side of a story or topic are all examples under old Twitter....all politically motivated.  

    Let me know when you go read the Twitter files and then you can report back, until then, let's leave this as we are both in agreement in, as you said, Dorsey Twitter was less or no freedom of speech and Musk Twitter.  

    You will not survive here. You are not a wolf, and this is the land of wolves now...
    Reply

    @wallstreetcappers

     You are skipping or ignoring my previous comments and point.... If you have never read the Twitter files then you will have no clue.  Can't help you there.  

    I have conceded to you on your comment... "My issue is how people like you and others make that hard partisan stance that Dorsey Twitter was less or no freedom of speech and Musk Twitter is the opposite, that is just false for the reasons I stated"

    I'm not disagreeing that is was less or no freedom of speech under Dorsey.  Jack himself has stated his qualms about what happened with his company in the final years of his control.  That is straight from the horses mouth, go read it, it's posted and those aren't my words.  What happened under the previous two Presidents and the associated regimes was the furthest thing from transparency....old twitter was government censorship, MSM control and messaging.  New twitter is not under government control, MSM bs propaganda and censorship.  Is there censorship?  Yes of course, it is not "free speech" as in "let me post and say whatever I want without consequences".  There are sick, vile twisted people out in the world.  Should child abusers, rapists, anti-semetics, racists and the like be given a platform to spread their disgusting behavior / messaging??  I think most would agree not, but previous examples under old Twitter were not limited to these types.... the targeted shadow banning, censorship and elimination of information on only one side of a story or topic are all examples under old Twitter....all politically motivated.  

    Let me know when you go read the Twitter files and then you can report back, until then, let's leave this as we are both in agreement in, as you said, Dorsey Twitter was less or no freedom of speech and Musk Twitter.  

     
    spockgato
    spockgato
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2005
    Posts: 15326
    Posted: Oct. 13, 2023 - 12:09 PM ET #1109

    Now this is some good God Damn American discussion .

    you hardly see this anymore peace_5

    wallstreetcappers craps in his draws and pees fuckin backwards from his vaj with a squirt.
    Reply

    Now this is some good God Damn American discussion .

    you hardly see this anymore peace_5

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Oct. 13, 2023 - 12:47 PM ET #1110

    @kcblitzkrieg

     No because it is taking a jab at the government and free speech which is disingenuous and fake. Its interesting that the more I see of Musk the less I like and I see him as a person who takes advantage at every opportunity and then will act as if he is above that to which he is taking.

    To me the reason why he took over Twitter is out of spite and that he thought he could, then destroy all which he felt was bad and wrong about it, Twitter was a little ego driven multi billion dollar show up scheme. Its like when I was a kid there were some smug entitled kids who would intentionally show off that they had more money and opportunity and they wanted to show they were better than you..when in fact the opposite is true. If Musk really wanted to make an impact on the world and be a great person, the last thing he would be doing is buy twitter and take out Dorsey, how about you spend those BILLIONS in fake Tesla stock gains and return it to society, do silent kind deeds with billions and nobody would ever find out. No the little kid Musk has to flash his cash around and take down Dorsey and that is what he did in a smug abusive crappy way.

    Nah I have zero respect for Musk and it is all about him as a person, the guy is not admirable in my mind. I think he is a schmuck. His personal life is quite the wacko story too, but squarely accurate to the no ego guy he truly is.

    Reply

    @kcblitzkrieg

     No because it is taking a jab at the government and free speech which is disingenuous and fake. Its interesting that the more I see of Musk the less I like and I see him as a person who takes advantage at every opportunity and then will act as if he is above that to which he is taking.

    To me the reason why he took over Twitter is out of spite and that he thought he could, then destroy all which he felt was bad and wrong about it, Twitter was a little ego driven multi billion dollar show up scheme. Its like when I was a kid there were some smug entitled kids who would intentionally show off that they had more money and opportunity and they wanted to show they were better than you..when in fact the opposite is true. If Musk really wanted to make an impact on the world and be a great person, the last thing he would be doing is buy twitter and take out Dorsey, how about you spend those BILLIONS in fake Tesla stock gains and return it to society, do silent kind deeds with billions and nobody would ever find out. No the little kid Musk has to flash his cash around and take down Dorsey and that is what he did in a smug abusive crappy way.

    Nah I have zero respect for Musk and it is all about him as a person, the guy is not admirable in my mind. I think he is a schmuck. His personal life is quite the wacko story too, but squarely accurate to the no ego guy he truly is.

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Oct. 13, 2023 - 12:58 PM ET #1111

    On your second message, the "Twitter files", you know why I dont go read those...its because I dont think it has any purpose, I am not the type who goes rabbit hole seeking, nor am I saying that the government ISNT involved where they shouldnt. I am much more about the way guys like Musk, Trump, fake news outlets take advantage of society and divide us for their own biased purposes. I see through the noise and look at the core of the issue, I refuse to sniff into the conspiracy theory stuff, like the Twitter files because that is an elective site people used and use, so if that is the conduit for manipulation then maybe as members of society we should avoid those traps and not be taken advantage of. I consider all sites to be that way, most all sites are going to squeeze the user to make a profit, that is just the nature of capitalism.

    So lets understand what the reality is and try to be above it, the entire reason why I even jumped into the discussion (if you look back at my FIRST post) was that some members here and most of society fall into the divisive, dividing trap and end up being media fodder in the process. Several members actually think that Dorsey twitter is less free speech than Musk's is and that is just a false joke..yet they believe it because they want to think that one political side is lesser than theirs, that one group of people are inferior and lesser and the reason for the woes of their group, their position. That is a narrative and it is intentional, Musk is not looking to elevate society or make people better and happier, he is looking to take advantage for his gain for his narrative and that is obvious and I refuse to fall for that nonsense.

    Reply

    On your second message, the "Twitter files", you know why I dont go read those...its because I dont think it has any purpose, I am not the type who goes rabbit hole seeking, nor am I saying that the government ISNT involved where they shouldnt. I am much more about the way guys like Musk, Trump, fake news outlets take advantage of society and divide us for their own biased purposes. I see through the noise and look at the core of the issue, I refuse to sniff into the conspiracy theory stuff, like the Twitter files because that is an elective site people used and use, so if that is the conduit for manipulation then maybe as members of society we should avoid those traps and not be taken advantage of. I consider all sites to be that way, most all sites are going to squeeze the user to make a profit, that is just the nature of capitalism.

    So lets understand what the reality is and try to be above it, the entire reason why I even jumped into the discussion (if you look back at my FIRST post) was that some members here and most of society fall into the divisive, dividing trap and end up being media fodder in the process. Several members actually think that Dorsey twitter is less free speech than Musk's is and that is just a false joke..yet they believe it because they want to think that one political side is lesser than theirs, that one group of people are inferior and lesser and the reason for the woes of their group, their position. That is a narrative and it is intentional, Musk is not looking to elevate society or make people better and happier, he is looking to take advantage for his gain for his narrative and that is obvious and I refuse to fall for that nonsense.

     
    kcblitzkrieg
    kcblitzkrieg
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 7998
    Posted: Oct. 13, 2023 - 1:46 PM ET #1112

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    @kcblitzkrieg  No because it is taking a jab at the government and free speech which is disingenuous and fake. Its interesting that the more I see of Musk the less I like and I see him as a person who takes advantage at every opportunity and then will act as if he is above that to which he is taking. To me the reason why he took over Twitter is out of spite and that he thought he could, then destroy all which he felt was bad and wrong about it, Twitter was a little ego driven multi billion dollar show up scheme. Its like when I was a kid there were some smug entitled kids who would intentionally show off that they had more money and opportunity and they wanted to show they were better than you..when in fact the opposite is true. If Musk really wanted to make an impact on the world and be a great person, the last thing he would be doing is buy twitter and take out Dorsey, how about you spend those BILLIONS in fake Tesla stock gains and return it to society, do silent kind deeds with billions and nobody would ever find out. No the little kid Musk has to flash his cash around and take down Dorsey and that is what he did in a smug abusive crappy way. Nah I have zero respect for Musk and it is all about him as a person, the guy is not admirable in my mind. I think he is a schmuck. His personal life is quite the wacko story too, but squarely accurate to the no ego guy he truly is.

    Wally, you are forgetting / not acknowledging the FACT that Dorsey stepped down from the Board of Twitter well before Musk's bid to take over.  I clearly see your emotions are getting the best of you with your passion against Musky.  Similar to DJT, you have personal feelings against him, that's OK, your right to feel that way, I'm definitely not trying to change anyone's mind here....I've never said anything about him being a great guy, I've previously been critical of things in his personal life....but "ego driven hatred" ha....show me a billionaire in the public eye that isn't "ego driven".   

    Again, Dorsey stepped down before Musk took over..... straight from Dorsey's mouth here bud:  

    Dorsey wrote in a blog post Tuesday that Twitter ultimately had too much power to make content decisions under his guidance. Users should have had more control over what they see online, and Twitter did a poor job building tools to handle that, he said. Dorsey added that he “completely gave up pushing for” those ideas after an activist investor showed up in early 2020. 

    “I no longer had hope of achieving any of it as a public company with no defense mechanisms (lack of dual-class shares being a key one),” he said. “I planned my exit at that moment knowing I was no longer right for the company.”

    Twitter has drawn fire over the past week following a release of internal communications about moderation decisions, including the ban of former President Donald Trump. The documents, dubbed by new owner Elon Musk as the “Twitter Files,” have been published by journalists that the billionaire brought into Twitter and gave what he called “unfettered” access. 

     

    So please correct your thinking that Elon pushed out Jack and took him down, that is complete BS.....Dorsey is also still one of the three biggest equity holders of Twitter (along with a Saudi Prince and Qatar's Investment authority, but that is a topic for a different day).  

    You will not survive here. You are not a wolf, and this is the land of wolves now...
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    @kcblitzkrieg  No because it is taking a jab at the government and free speech which is disingenuous and fake. Its interesting that the more I see of Musk the less I like and I see him as a person who takes advantage at every opportunity and then will act as if he is above that to which he is taking. To me the reason why he took over Twitter is out of spite and that he thought he could, then destroy all which he felt was bad and wrong about it, Twitter was a little ego driven multi billion dollar show up scheme. Its like when I was a kid there were some smug entitled kids who would intentionally show off that they had more money and opportunity and they wanted to show they were better than you..when in fact the opposite is true. If Musk really wanted to make an impact on the world and be a great person, the last thing he would be doing is buy twitter and take out Dorsey, how about you spend those BILLIONS in fake Tesla stock gains and return it to society, do silent kind deeds with billions and nobody would ever find out. No the little kid Musk has to flash his cash around and take down Dorsey and that is what he did in a smug abusive crappy way. Nah I have zero respect for Musk and it is all about him as a person, the guy is not admirable in my mind. I think he is a schmuck. His personal life is quite the wacko story too, but squarely accurate to the no ego guy he truly is.

    Wally, you are forgetting / not acknowledging the FACT that Dorsey stepped down from the Board of Twitter well before Musk's bid to take over.  I clearly see your emotions are getting the best of you with your passion against Musky.  Similar to DJT, you have personal feelings against him, that's OK, your right to feel that way, I'm definitely not trying to change anyone's mind here....I've never said anything about him being a great guy, I've previously been critical of things in his personal life....but "ego driven hatred" ha....show me a billionaire in the public eye that isn't "ego driven".   

    Again, Dorsey stepped down before Musk took over..... straight from Dorsey's mouth here bud:  

    Dorsey wrote in a blog post Tuesday that Twitter ultimately had too much power to make content decisions under his guidance. Users should have had more control over what they see online, and Twitter did a poor job building tools to handle that, he said. Dorsey added that he “completely gave up pushing for” those ideas after an activist investor showed up in early 2020. 

    “I no longer had hope of achieving any of it as a public company with no defense mechanisms (lack of dual-class shares being a key one),” he said. “I planned my exit at that moment knowing I was no longer right for the company.”

    Twitter has drawn fire over the past week following a release of internal communications about moderation decisions, including the ban of former President Donald Trump. The documents, dubbed by new owner Elon Musk as the “Twitter Files,” have been published by journalists that the billionaire brought into Twitter and gave what he called “unfettered” access. 

     

    So please correct your thinking that Elon pushed out Jack and took him down, that is complete BS.....Dorsey is also still one of the three biggest equity holders of Twitter (along with a Saudi Prince and Qatar's Investment authority, but that is a topic for a different day).  

     
    kcblitzkrieg
    kcblitzkrieg
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 7998
    Posted: Oct. 13, 2023 - 1:51 PM ET #1113

    More from Jack....but don't let the fax get in the way of human emotion....

    Dorsey and Musk have long had a billionaire bromance. In 2020, Dorsey called Musk at an employee conference and asked his advice about improving Twitter. Later that year, Musk defended Dorsey when he was facing pressure from an activist investor, saying on Twitter, “I support @Jack as Twitter CEO. He has a good heart.”

    After the Telsa CEO initially agreed to buy Twitter in April, Dorsey tweeted that he doesn’t “believe anyone should own or run Twitter,” explaining that he believes it should be a public good. “Solving for the problem of it being a company, however, Elon is the singular solution I trust,” he added.

    Dorsey stepped down as Twitter CEO last November and left its board of directors in May. He has publicly criticized the company’s former board, and has also privately questioned the company’s future.

    In text messages with Musk in March, after the world’s richest man had built up a large stake in Twitter but before announcing it publicly, Dorsey said, “a new platform is needed. It can’t be a company. This is why I left.” Musk responded by asking what the platform should look like. Dorsey explained his view that it should be “an open source protocol” and not rely on “an advertising model,” as Twitter currently does.

    Dorsey added that Twitter “should never have been a company,” saying, “that was the original sin,” according to the text messages, which were revealed last month in court filings.

    “I think it’s worth both trying to move Twitter in a better direction and doing something new that’s decentralized,” Musk told Dorsey.

    In April, after Musk agreed to buy the company, Dorsey pledged his support for the takeover. “I appreciate you. This is the right and only path. I’ll continue to do whatever it takes to make it work,” the Twitter founder told Musk.

     

    https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/01/tech/twitter-jack-dorsey-elon-musk/index.html

     

    I'm here for you Wally, you are one of the few serious people here....respect.  

     

    You will not survive here. You are not a wolf, and this is the land of wolves now...
    Reply

    More from Jack....but don't let the fax get in the way of human emotion....

    Dorsey and Musk have long had a billionaire bromance. In 2020, Dorsey called Musk at an employee conference and asked his advice about improving Twitter. Later that year, Musk defended Dorsey when he was facing pressure from an activist investor, saying on Twitter, “I support @Jack as Twitter CEO. He has a good heart.”

    After the Telsa CEO initially agreed to buy Twitter in April, Dorsey tweeted that he doesn’t “believe anyone should own or run Twitter,” explaining that he believes it should be a public good. “Solving for the problem of it being a company, however, Elon is the singular solution I trust,” he added.

    Dorsey stepped down as Twitter CEO last November and left its board of directors in May. He has publicly criticized the company’s former board, and has also privately questioned the company’s future.

    In text messages with Musk in March, after the world’s richest man had built up a large stake in Twitter but before announcing it publicly, Dorsey said, “a new platform is needed. It can’t be a company. This is why I left.” Musk responded by asking what the platform should look like. Dorsey explained his view that it should be “an open source protocol” and not rely on “an advertising model,” as Twitter currently does.

    Dorsey added that Twitter “should never have been a company,” saying, “that was the original sin,” according to the text messages, which were revealed last month in court filings.

    “I think it’s worth both trying to move Twitter in a better direction and doing something new that’s decentralized,” Musk told Dorsey.

    In April, after Musk agreed to buy the company, Dorsey pledged his support for the takeover. “I appreciate you. This is the right and only path. I’ll continue to do whatever it takes to make it work,” the Twitter founder told Musk.

     

    https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/01/tech/twitter-jack-dorsey-elon-musk/index.html

     

    I'm here for you Wally, you are one of the few serious people here....respect.  

     

     
    KellyM_1964
    KellyM_1964
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2009
    Posts: 16757
    Posted: Oct. 13, 2023 - 1:55 PM ET #1114

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    Several members actually think that Dorsey twitter is less free speech than Musk's is and that is just a false joke..yet they believe it because they want to think that one political side is lesser than theirs, that one group of people are inferior and lesser and the reason for the woes of their group, their position. That is a narrative and it is intentional,

    Musk is not looking to elevate society or make people better and happier,

    he is looking to take advantage for his gain for his narrative and that is obvious and I refuse to fall for that nonsense.

    @wallstreetcappers    could not have said it better myself 

    an_clap  

     

     

     

    "I'm the MOST HONEST human being that GOD EVER created!" - Donald "the felon" Trump
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    Several members actually think that Dorsey twitter is less free speech than Musk's is and that is just a false joke..yet they believe it because they want to think that one political side is lesser than theirs, that one group of people are inferior and lesser and the reason for the woes of their group, their position. That is a narrative and it is intentional,

    Musk is not looking to elevate society or make people better and happier,

    he is looking to take advantage for his gain for his narrative and that is obvious and I refuse to fall for that nonsense.

    @wallstreetcappers    could not have said it better myself 

    an_clap  

     

     

     

     
    kcblitzkrieg
    kcblitzkrieg
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 7998
    Posted: Oct. 13, 2023 - 2:00 PM ET #1115

    @wallstreetcappers

     How do you feel about the journalist Matt Taibbi ??  In the pre-2016 world he was considered a well respected liberal journalist but now since the goal posts were moved 30 yards he is only a respected journalist and considered "right wing" by the radical shitlibs.  Some decent books too;  'Hate Inc.', 'Griftopia', 'Insane Clown President'.... all recommended readings.  Substack writers were kicked off twitter so he no longer posts but his substack is still good (bitch move by Musky by the way).  

    https://twitterfiles.substack.com/p/1-thread-the-twitter-files

    You will not survive here. You are not a wolf, and this is the land of wolves now...
    Reply

    @wallstreetcappers

     How do you feel about the journalist Matt Taibbi ??  In the pre-2016 world he was considered a well respected liberal journalist but now since the goal posts were moved 30 yards he is only a respected journalist and considered "right wing" by the radical shitlibs.  Some decent books too;  'Hate Inc.', 'Griftopia', 'Insane Clown President'.... all recommended readings.  Substack writers were kicked off twitter so he no longer posts but his substack is still good (bitch move by Musky by the way).  

    https://twitterfiles.substack.com/p/1-thread-the-twitter-files

     
    kcblitzkrieg
    kcblitzkrieg
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 7998
    Posted: Oct. 13, 2023 - 2:07 PM ET #1116

    @KellyM_1964

    "Several members actually think that Dorsey twitter is less free speech than Musk's is and that is just a false joke..yet they believe it because they want to think that one political side is lesser than theirs, that one group of people are inferior and lesser and the reason for the woes of their group, their position. That is a narrative and it is intentional,

     Musk is not looking to elevate society or make people better and happier,

    he is looking to take advantage for his gain for his narrative and that is obvious and I refuse to fall for that nonsense."

     

    Pot meet kettle.... lmao you can't make this stuff up.... he is describing you and your kind to the "T".  Wow an_roll_laugh

    "basket of deplorables"...."re-education camps"...."MAGA deprogramming"  
    - Signed, your leader Hillary an_roll_laugh

    This entire sub forum's existence is based just on what Wally is saying....both of the radicalized sides play off one another "tit for tat" politically and socially.  There is no difference between how the radicalized think and operate.  Which is why there won't be a common ground until something "breaks".  We aren't there yet.  

    You will not survive here. You are not a wolf, and this is the land of wolves now...
    Reply

    @KellyM_1964

    "Several members actually think that Dorsey twitter is less free speech than Musk's is and that is just a false joke..yet they believe it because they want to think that one political side is lesser than theirs, that one group of people are inferior and lesser and the reason for the woes of their group, their position. That is a narrative and it is intentional,

     Musk is not looking to elevate society or make people better and happier,

    he is looking to take advantage for his gain for his narrative and that is obvious and I refuse to fall for that nonsense."

     

    Pot meet kettle.... lmao you can't make this stuff up.... he is describing you and your kind to the "T".  Wow an_roll_laugh

    "basket of deplorables"...."re-education camps"...."MAGA deprogramming"  
    - Signed, your leader Hillary an_roll_laugh

    This entire sub forum's existence is based just on what Wally is saying....both of the radicalized sides play off one another "tit for tat" politically and socially.  There is no difference between how the radicalized think and operate.  Which is why there won't be a common ground until something "breaks".  We aren't there yet.  

     
    kcblitzkrieg
    kcblitzkrieg
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 7998
    Posted: Oct. 13, 2023 - 4:00 PM ET #1117

    Quote Originally Posted by spockgato:

    Now this is some good God Damn American discussion . you hardly see this anymore

    El Gato.... the man...the myth... the legend peace_5

    You will not survive here. You are not a wolf, and this is the land of wolves now...
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by spockgato:

    Now this is some good God Damn American discussion . you hardly see this anymore

    El Gato.... the man...the myth... the legend peace_5

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Oct. 13, 2023 - 6:27 PM ET #1118

    @kcblitzkrieg

     The point really isnt ONLY that Dorsey was in the position during the event or not, the issue is that Musk felt strongly enough to take down the agenda, the culture, the business structure that he spent BILLIONS in Tesla cash to do so, and he did take a wrecking ball to the org chart and prior to the buyout he was vocal about the agenda which was in place and it is easy to see his personal vendetta to oust the org to the point of changing the name. You might try and get cute about Dorsey leaving but it wasnt like Dorsey was sleeping with one of several of Musk's wacko girlfriends so he purchased Twitter, you get the point, even with Dorsey out it WAS Dorsey's Twitter as I said even with him being gone before the little ego took over.

     

    Reply

    @kcblitzkrieg

     The point really isnt ONLY that Dorsey was in the position during the event or not, the issue is that Musk felt strongly enough to take down the agenda, the culture, the business structure that he spent BILLIONS in Tesla cash to do so, and he did take a wrecking ball to the org chart and prior to the buyout he was vocal about the agenda which was in place and it is easy to see his personal vendetta to oust the org to the point of changing the name. You might try and get cute about Dorsey leaving but it wasnt like Dorsey was sleeping with one of several of Musk's wacko girlfriends so he purchased Twitter, you get the point, even with Dorsey out it WAS Dorsey's Twitter as I said even with him being gone before the little ego took over.

     

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Oct. 13, 2023 - 6:58 PM ET #1119

    Let me also add regarding agenda, it isnt like Twitter was/is the worst environment or agenda out there. I do not engage with the platform now and I did not back then, I dont find social platforms to associate with political buddies to be of much benefit so I kinda just steer clear of it all. 

    I actually consider the toxicity of a site like ZH worse, if you follow any story or article their narrative is horrid, one of the most conservative biased crap Ive seen online. I follow the feed for economic releases because they are often times faster to report an econ number than anywhere else, so on FED day they will have a blurb on it within a few minutes and I find great value on that. My point of extremism is that if you click on an article and read the comments from registered users, it is total conservative extremist gutter time..I think you have to be a registered member to see that cesspool now but I have not been slumming in a while looking so that might not be the case. The replies and messages on that site from its members are frighteningly bizarre and sickening on an ultra conservative nature..I think to myself that there really are people out there who have such political and personal disdain like that and it is how a scuz like Trump actually has people following and voting for him. The level of political disgust in this country is so bad and THAT is why free speech cannot and should not ever remotely be considered.

    The second message you wrote I dont know anything about...Ive never been interested in the twitter files or that Talibi dude. I know who he is but outside the name I dont know anything...nor do I want to. I form my opinions on the person, my views on the actions, deeds and thoughts/words and the biases or agenda someone has. I dont need to read more about one side to know that there is an obvious massive rift in society and it is intentional and it is destroying all that is good about this country yet nobody cares.

    Reply

    Let me also add regarding agenda, it isnt like Twitter was/is the worst environment or agenda out there. I do not engage with the platform now and I did not back then, I dont find social platforms to associate with political buddies to be of much benefit so I kinda just steer clear of it all. 

    I actually consider the toxicity of a site like ZH worse, if you follow any story or article their narrative is horrid, one of the most conservative biased crap Ive seen online. I follow the feed for economic releases because they are often times faster to report an econ number than anywhere else, so on FED day they will have a blurb on it within a few minutes and I find great value on that. My point of extremism is that if you click on an article and read the comments from registered users, it is total conservative extremist gutter time..I think you have to be a registered member to see that cesspool now but I have not been slumming in a while looking so that might not be the case. The replies and messages on that site from its members are frighteningly bizarre and sickening on an ultra conservative nature..I think to myself that there really are people out there who have such political and personal disdain like that and it is how a scuz like Trump actually has people following and voting for him. The level of political disgust in this country is so bad and THAT is why free speech cannot and should not ever remotely be considered.

    The second message you wrote I dont know anything about...Ive never been interested in the twitter files or that Talibi dude. I know who he is but outside the name I dont know anything...nor do I want to. I form my opinions on the person, my views on the actions, deeds and thoughts/words and the biases or agenda someone has. I dont need to read more about one side to know that there is an obvious massive rift in society and it is intentional and it is destroying all that is good about this country yet nobody cares.

     
    fubah2
    fubah2
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2012
    Posts: 53475
    Posted: Oct. 13, 2023 - 7:12 PM ET #1120

    Quote Originally Posted by KellyM_1964:

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers: Several members actually think that Dorsey twitter is less free speech than Musk's is and that is just a false joke..yet they believe it because they want to think that one political side is lesser than theirs, that one group of people are inferior and lesser and the reason for the woes of their group, their position. That is a narrative and it is intentional, Musk is not looking to elevate society or make people better and happier, he is looking to take advantage for his gain for his narrative and that is obvious and I refuse to fall for that nonsense.

    @wallstreetcappers    could not have said it better myself

    Agreed!

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by KellyM_1964:

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers: Several members actually think that Dorsey twitter is less free speech than Musk's is and that is just a false joke..yet they believe it because they want to think that one political side is lesser than theirs, that one group of people are inferior and lesser and the reason for the woes of their group, their position. That is a narrative and it is intentional, Musk is not looking to elevate society or make people better and happier, he is looking to take advantage for his gain for his narrative and that is obvious and I refuse to fall for that nonsense.

    @wallstreetcappers    could not have said it better myself

    Agreed!

     
    spockgato
    spockgato
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2005
    Posts: 15326
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2023 - 8:20 AM ET #1121

    You agree with him and high five him and embrace him and nestle your head into his ample caring bosom when his words go your way but where were you when he went against your smarmy Pom Pom ways and chided you and scolded you and called you to answer his questions ?

    You were D.B . Cooper . Nowhere to be found . He doesn’t respect that . You can just tell . But if you wanna put your big boy pants on and actually get into some critical thinking that’s both rewarding and challenging , by all means , I think wallstreet is your guy , and this forum desperately needs that conversation to happen for it’s greater good .

    There are too many plates that are left on the table that are unwashed and grimy gentlemen . Clear the mess and let’s all have a drink of the Averna and then let’s proceed forward ……big ball style .

     

    wallstreetcappers craps in his draws and pees fuckin backwards from his vaj with a squirt.
    Reply

    You agree with him and high five him and embrace him and nestle your head into his ample caring bosom when his words go your way but where were you when he went against your smarmy Pom Pom ways and chided you and scolded you and called you to answer his questions ?

    You were D.B . Cooper . Nowhere to be found . He doesn’t respect that . You can just tell . But if you wanna put your big boy pants on and actually get into some critical thinking that’s both rewarding and challenging , by all means , I think wallstreet is your guy , and this forum desperately needs that conversation to happen for it’s greater good .

    There are too many plates that are left on the table that are unwashed and grimy gentlemen . Clear the mess and let’s all have a drink of the Averna and then let’s proceed forward ……big ball style .

     

     
    sundance
    sundance
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2002
    Posts: 16797
    Posted: Oct. 15, 2023 - 8:43 PM ET #1122

    A drink of the Averna is:

    Averna is a member of the amaro category, invented by Salvatore Averna in 1868 and produced in Sicily. Viscous and easy on the palate, it’s a kind, gentle style with plenty of versatility in cocktails. You may have grabbed a bottle a few years ago when Black Manhattans were all the rage, but there are plenty of other uses for it. 

    Meaghan Dorman, the bar director at Dear Irving and The Raines Law Room in New York City, says Averna works on its own as well as in comforting nightcaps—a quality not seen in many amari. “The elements of bitter and candied orange peel shine through as well as pleasant caramel and earthy notes to ground the sweetness,” she says. She recommends balancing its viscosity with acidity or dry elements like sherry. 

    We might as well learn something tonight!

    Reply

    A drink of the Averna is:

    Averna is a member of the amaro category, invented by Salvatore Averna in 1868 and produced in Sicily. Viscous and easy on the palate, it’s a kind, gentle style with plenty of versatility in cocktails. You may have grabbed a bottle a few years ago when Black Manhattans were all the rage, but there are plenty of other uses for it. 

    Meaghan Dorman, the bar director at Dear Irving and The Raines Law Room in New York City, says Averna works on its own as well as in comforting nightcaps—a quality not seen in many amari. “The elements of bitter and candied orange peel shine through as well as pleasant caramel and earthy notes to ground the sweetness,” she says. She recommends balancing its viscosity with acidity or dry elements like sherry. 

    We might as well learn something tonight!

     
    kcblitzkrieg
    kcblitzkrieg
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 7998
    Posted: Oct. 18, 2023 - 4:34 PM ET #1123

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    Let me also add regarding agenda, it isnt like Twitter was/is the worst environment or agenda out there. I do not engage with the platform now and I did not back then, I dont find social platforms to associate with political buddies to be of much benefit so I kinda just steer clear of it all.  I actually consider the toxicity of a site like ZH worse, if you follow any story or article their narrative is horrid, one of the most conservative biased crap Ive seen online. I follow the feed for economic releases because they are often times faster to report an econ number than anywhere else, so on FED day they will have a blurb on it within a few minutes and I find great value on that. My point of extremism is that if you click on an article and read the comments from registered users, it is total conservative extremist gutter time..I think you have to be a registered member to see that cesspool now but I have not been slumming in a while looking so that might not be the case. The replies and messages on that site from its members are frighteningly bizarre and sickening on an ultra conservative nature..I think to myself that there really are people out there who have such political and personal disdain like that and it is how a scuz like Trump actually has people following and voting for him. The level of political disgust in this country is so bad and THAT is why free speech cannot and should not ever remotely be considered. The second message you wrote I dont know anything about...Ive never been interested in the twitter files or that Talibi dude. I know who he is but outside the name I dont know anything...nor do I want to. I form my opinions on the person, my views on the actions, deeds and thoughts/words and the biases or agenda someone has. I dont need to read more about one side to know that there is an obvious massive rift in society and it is intentional and it is destroying all that is good about this country yet nobody cares.

    ZH is a radical site, I don't blame you....I would never venture in to read those comments. 

    I'm in agreement for the most part on social media....most people do not have the mental capacity to filter through the propaganda bullshit, and that goes for both sides.  I guess what you are describing with Twitter users is reflective of what "some" people use the site for, just as they do FB and IG....they want to be surrounded by the "group think" to make themselves feel all warm and fuzzy.  Right now the propaganda machine is running wild on both the Israel and Hamas agendas, very hard to decipher what is real versus fake news right now on Twitter, don't know about FB and IG as I don't use those apps.  That said, my fondness of Twitter is purely for the instant news / instant information you can find.  It literally is real time news feed.  MSM / traditional news media are DAYS behind what is going on in the real world.  I value this and do not let my personal feelings for someone outweigh the value of instant information.  Just my humble opinion, don't knock anyone who wants to wait 2-3 days to figure out the real story of what may going on with any given world or local event.  Or even worse, those who want to stay ignorant of the reality, the facts of life, truth gets in "their way of life".... the majority of the world has no interest in thinking for themselves, "just feed me the narrative so I can continue brainlessly through my life".....that is the blue pill masses.  

    You will not survive here. You are not a wolf, and this is the land of wolves now...
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    Let me also add regarding agenda, it isnt like Twitter was/is the worst environment or agenda out there. I do not engage with the platform now and I did not back then, I dont find social platforms to associate with political buddies to be of much benefit so I kinda just steer clear of it all.  I actually consider the toxicity of a site like ZH worse, if you follow any story or article their narrative is horrid, one of the most conservative biased crap Ive seen online. I follow the feed for economic releases because they are often times faster to report an econ number than anywhere else, so on FED day they will have a blurb on it within a few minutes and I find great value on that. My point of extremism is that if you click on an article and read the comments from registered users, it is total conservative extremist gutter time..I think you have to be a registered member to see that cesspool now but I have not been slumming in a while looking so that might not be the case. The replies and messages on that site from its members are frighteningly bizarre and sickening on an ultra conservative nature..I think to myself that there really are people out there who have such political and personal disdain like that and it is how a scuz like Trump actually has people following and voting for him. The level of political disgust in this country is so bad and THAT is why free speech cannot and should not ever remotely be considered. The second message you wrote I dont know anything about...Ive never been interested in the twitter files or that Talibi dude. I know who he is but outside the name I dont know anything...nor do I want to. I form my opinions on the person, my views on the actions, deeds and thoughts/words and the biases or agenda someone has. I dont need to read more about one side to know that there is an obvious massive rift in society and it is intentional and it is destroying all that is good about this country yet nobody cares.

    ZH is a radical site, I don't blame you....I would never venture in to read those comments. 

    I'm in agreement for the most part on social media....most people do not have the mental capacity to filter through the propaganda bullshit, and that goes for both sides.  I guess what you are describing with Twitter users is reflective of what "some" people use the site for, just as they do FB and IG....they want to be surrounded by the "group think" to make themselves feel all warm and fuzzy.  Right now the propaganda machine is running wild on both the Israel and Hamas agendas, very hard to decipher what is real versus fake news right now on Twitter, don't know about FB and IG as I don't use those apps.  That said, my fondness of Twitter is purely for the instant news / instant information you can find.  It literally is real time news feed.  MSM / traditional news media are DAYS behind what is going on in the real world.  I value this and do not let my personal feelings for someone outweigh the value of instant information.  Just my humble opinion, don't knock anyone who wants to wait 2-3 days to figure out the real story of what may going on with any given world or local event.  Or even worse, those who want to stay ignorant of the reality, the facts of life, truth gets in "their way of life".... the majority of the world has no interest in thinking for themselves, "just feed me the narrative so I can continue brainlessly through my life".....that is the blue pill masses.  

     
    artdb
    artdb
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 197
    Posted: Oct. 19, 2023 - 7:11 AM ET #1124

    Rush51 I agree with everything you say, always on target !!! an_worship

    Reply

    Rush51 I agree with everything you say, always on target !!! an_worship

     
     
    THEMUGG
    THEMUGG
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 38234
    Posted: Oct. 19, 2023 - 7:36 AM ET #1125

     Dementia Joe is supposed to give a speech tonite at 5pm.... which should be around 5:30-5:40 DJ time, right in the start of a NFL game. an_roll_laugh

     Great move by his team.......fewer people will witness his bumbling. an_wink

     

    Reply

     Dementia Joe is supposed to give a speech tonite at 5pm.... which should be around 5:30-5:40 DJ time, right in the start of a NFL game. an_roll_laugh

     Great move by his team.......fewer people will witness his bumbling. an_wink

     

    All Forums | Politics
    «First Previous 454647 ... 949596 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 456,248
    • Thursday 10/01/2026 754
    • PART DEUX 208
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,995
    • Steelers vs Browns in-game live TNF 2,106
    • Cleveland Bettors 2,576
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 103,202
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 12,119
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 29,969
    • Happening just recently . . . 36,844

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.